PDA

View Full Version : X-Men: Series Three!

Dragon
Dec 13th, 2008, 03:17:18 PM
The X-Men 'verse has been way too quiet lately, aside from a few dedicated players who've been doing a great job of keeping things going. But we need some more action! Grad school definitely laid me out for most of the fall/winter, but the semester's over for me, and I'm eager to get back into the swing of things.

So who else is ready for some mutant-powered action? Stand up and be counted! Let's get some plots stirring. :)

X-Men:
Dragon
Taya Robbins

Brotherhood:
Saladin

Vanguard:
Colonel Gideon Vasher
Zero

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 13th, 2008, 03:23:52 PM
oh, why not. Count Vigilante in... :uhoh

Droo
Dec 13th, 2008, 03:41:22 PM
I'm lurking around. If I feel there's something I can contribute, I'll speak up.

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 13th, 2008, 04:13:02 PM
Anita Florence and Etch are available. :)

Tess Abrahams
Dec 13th, 2008, 04:23:51 PM
All my characters are in (Tess, Mercure, Clarity).

Captain Untouchable
Dec 13th, 2008, 04:32:20 PM
I'm up for stuff with all my characters too - Captain Untouchable, Tristan Heller, John Jackson, Sean Pope, Hurucan, and some new toon I'm working on.

Stern
Dec 13th, 2008, 04:36:50 PM
Stern is good for anything.

Feral is an up and coming bad guy with an eye for world domination. Saladin might want to try to put the rascal down. :)

Zenas Codrey
Dec 13th, 2008, 07:25:03 PM
Felix, Ricky, and Freight Train are good to go. I wanna get Felix more involved in the Brotherhood, and Freight Train just needs exposure to stuff. =\

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 13th, 2008, 08:17:35 PM
Francoise, Coyote, Void et al... if there is something for them to do, I'm game!

Dragon
Dec 13th, 2008, 09:11:09 PM
Sounds like a good response so far! :D

I've been brainstorming some ideas for a general plot arc, and I'd love to get some other people's input as well. Obviously, we can have a bunch of independent threads going on, too, but knowing what's going on in the background can help to add a bit of dramatic impetus.

I'm thinking there's some sort of attack/disaster involving mutants on U.S. soil. Not sure if the Brotherhood is behind it yet.

Public opinion turns precipitously against mutants in general. The newly-elected President vows to increase national security against the growing rogue mutant threat. This means funding special counter-mutant law enforcement squads at the local and national level, outfitted with all kinds of advanced technology.

Meanwhile, organizations like Vanguard and Jericho thrive in the anti-mutant climate. People grow more accepting of more aggressive research by Jericho, and Vanguard finally gets the funding they need to move ahead with project Sentinel...

Discuss. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 13th, 2008, 09:13:07 PM
Yes yes yes. I can't wait for the day that we can battle Sentinels :eee

Public opinion turns precipitously against mutants in general. The newly-elected President vows to increase national security against the growing rogue mutant threat. This means funding special counter-mutant law enforcement squads at the local and national level, outfitted with all kinds of advanced technology.

But who will be President? :uhoh

Amos Iakona
Dec 13th, 2008, 09:23:39 PM
The newly-elected President vows to increase national security against the growing rogue mutant threat. This means funding special counter-mutant law enforcement squads at the local and national level, outfitted with all kinds of advanced technology.

Yay! MCU gets special guns! :eee

Potentially, it might be more interesting if the Brotherhood wasn't directly responsible. That would provide scope for the disaster to be beyond even what they would think of doing, and it puts them in a rather unique situation. While they're aggreed that the actions of <insert whoever's fault it was> were wrong, they'd still be violently opposed to the restrictions placed upon them by the government. Could swing a lot of "on the fence" people over to the Brotherhood side. It also puts Cullens in an interesting position - maybe one where cooperation behind the two is required, a la X2?

Dragon
Dec 13th, 2008, 09:36:09 PM
But who will be President? :uhoh

We'll have to figure that out... I think I'd rather not play the President since I've already got hands in three cookie jars (how is that even possible). It would be interesting if it was Clifton Shaw, your mutant supporter candidate, since he'd be in a very tricky position... ;)

And as for the Brotherhood not being directly responsible... Charley and I have talked about how Saladin and Neutron don't agree on methods. Saladin wants to show mutant superiority by using force in a very measured way; Neutron wants to use the sort of tactics he's more accustomed to.

What if Neutron teamed up with a third party - say, Feral? to carry out an attack without Saladin's knowledge or consent?

And I was actually already thinking Saladin may approach the X-Men to try to enlist them to go destroy the Sentinel prototype.

Stern
Dec 13th, 2008, 09:44:20 PM
Feral would love to have someone like Neutron on his crew. Neutron and Feral are like-minded, so it would work.

Stern's involvement with the police as a career and means to get to Neutron will be made interesting with the event and give him a clear second lead on catching his arch nemesis.

Klaus would love to jump on the Sentinel project. But would they be large humanoid robots, or would they look more mechanical or animalistic? I'd love to see about making Sentinels that don't look like the goofy purple robot men from the X-Men Comics.

Looks like I could have my work cut out for me real soon. :)

Neutron
Dec 13th, 2008, 09:57:36 PM
I'm totally in:

Brotherhood:
Neutron (Aslan Sagidev)

Cullen's:
Batdude (Marty Finklestein)
Veritas (Henri Bertrand)
Vipul Chandrashekar

Praetorian Consulting:
Jack Brocius
Jan Claasen du Toit

Non-aligned:
Randall Rudd

Dragon
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:12:13 PM
Klaus would love to jump on the Sentinel project. But would they be large humanoid robots, or would they look more mechanical or animalistic? I'd love to see about making Sentinels that don't look like the goofy purple robot men from the X-Men Comics.

I was thinking perhaps something like this would fit our aesthetic. :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/stormfyre/sxhok2.jpg

Amos Iakona
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:13:32 PM
Does it come in black? ;)

Doktor Klaus Heidegger
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:27:51 PM
It'll come in any color you want when I'm finished with it. :)

I like the concept. Perhaps we can make some with Dr. Octopus type appendages rather than tank treads for climbing buildings and the like. Maybe also some flight capability and a few aquatic/amphibious models.

Hmm...The possibilities are endless.

Mandy with an I
Dec 13th, 2008, 11:18:19 PM
Banner, Dallas and Ziggy are all in. I would like to do more with Banner/Felix, and maybe get that part of her story going.

Stuff with Ziggy will wait til the new year, cos I'm a mess :) lol

I am a retard and forgot Oddity.

Stern
Dec 13th, 2008, 11:41:58 PM
Would it be enough for Feral and crew to totally shutdown the New York public transportation system? Buses, Subways, and all?

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 14th, 2008, 12:31:55 AM
Count Ethan in as well. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 14th, 2008, 01:36:40 AM
I need someone to RP with Ginny... I flounder without someone to play against/with.

I also have a mutant int he wings that I might bring out - he's currently captive to Vanguard so he'd come into play if Ginny finally finds where Vanguard is holding muties captive.

I'nu
Dec 14th, 2008, 02:09:56 AM
I still haven't linked up with a group yet, but I'm thinking it'll be best to go the X-men route.

Jozua Cure
Dec 14th, 2008, 03:28:37 AM
Here's my lot:

MCU
Dwayne Stiles

Jericho
Jozua Cure (her alliegence could change!)

Currenly independent
Monty Heller
Macie Finch

Also, I have a couple of mutants waiting in the wings who would probably love to dive head-first into the mayhem. Hopefully, they'll be up soon!

Boulder
Dec 14th, 2008, 04:03:52 AM
Boulder is always up for a good scrap, and I would not be opposed to joining something more thought out. Since the threads seemed dead-ish, I decided to do random things, and I still will, just for fun, but having a plan, and a massive story line shift would give Boulder more direction.

In regards to an anti-mutant sentiment building, that's what Gary Cannon has been working for, so it falls right in with his ideals already.

Both Cannon and Boulder are independent, tho Cannon has ties with Jericho even while working for his own goals.

I might like to see Boulder join up with any random group of bad-guys as well, rather than just flailing around as a random source of crime without any direction other than a whim.

Feral
Dec 14th, 2008, 07:55:47 AM
I might like to see Boulder join up with any random group of bad-guys as well, rather than just flailing around as a random source of crime without any direction other than a whim.

Join me! There will be no end to the havoc we can create! :wings

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 14th, 2008, 09:16:01 AM
I'm up for joining in with Evelyn, Lindy, and Wren :)

Shield
Dec 14th, 2008, 10:59:16 PM
(Dragon here) New story is kickstarted! (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=288859#post288859)

Dr. Saint-Louis is working on a material that can absorb harmful nuclear radiation and convert it directly into usable energy. This is, of course, of great interest to a certain mutant with plenty of nuclear power on hand, so to speak...

Neutron will be busting into Michael's lab at University of Chicago to steal his research and his prototypes so he can create hand-held, nuclear-powered weapons. The result will be a nasty siege with counter-mutant forces pressing in and hostages at stake amidst volatile lab equipment and radioactive material.

The thread is open. If you want to join Neutron's attack, just check with him so you're on the same page. If you want to join the law-enforcement, that's golden. If you want to intervene as X-Men or as an independent mutant do-gooder, beware, because there'll be cameras everywhere, and you just might make the news...