PDA

View Full Version : Uncertainty

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:09:43 AM
:: Sorsha sat alone in Miranda's room, awaiting her return. She was pleased at her Lover's ascension, but at the same time she was restless. As close as they were, Sorsha was beginning to feel like she was outside the circle. Here she was, a member of an Imperial Family and still not privy to certain meetings. Staring up at the ceiling, she sighed ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:51:08 AM
With the announcement that Governor Tarkin was now Empress Tarkin, Miranda had been in meetings all day with her Ministers on how to proceed with a propaganda campaign, especially since it wouldn't be too long before the Rebellion started their slander. Sanya Tagge, the new Minister of Truth, would oversee those details personally, and the news of her impending marriage to her brother, Gallus Tagge, had been very popular with the citizens of the Empire. The people had much to celebrate. Some of the Moffs however ...

It was unfortunate, but not every politician could deal with change. Inevitable is it were, some of the older Moffs could not understand that a woman could hold positions of power. Even a Tarkin. The vocal minority needed to be appeased and the Moffs that were abusing their power, well, they simply were being silenced by her Inquisitors. Gaining wealth and power due to Palpatine's death was inexcusable.

The the rest of the day was updating Miranda on the state of the galaxy, breaking down the most prominent issues: Shipyards, military movements, possible Rebel strongholds, economy, etc ... They could only scratch the surface and would continue tomorrow. Now she could have some time to herself and returned to her private quarters in the Imperial Palace.

Out of respect, Palpatine's belongings were in storage and the room itself was being redecorated by the finest designers on Coruscant. Several women paused in their measuring and pattern debates to bow before their Empress as she crossed the threshold and into the main room with two Guardsmen following on her heels. She paused and took note of the midnight blue curtains that were in a state of disaray, neither completely on or off the windows. "I like them. Based the rest of the room on that color."

"Yes your, Majesty," said one of the women and frantically started taking notes while her partner called one of her retailers on speed dial.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 10th, 2008, 10:59:51 AM
:: Sorsha looked at the guard as she paced. He was stoic. Boring. His presence annoyed her and she stared back at him unblinking. She promised Mira not to harass them again, but she let him know she wanted to cut his throat without a word. Then she went back to pacing ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:05:08 AM
The Guard put a hand to his red helmet and then turned towards Sorsha. "Her Majesty, Empress Tarkin has arrived."

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:10:37 AM
:: She made a polite attempt to grin at him, but it wound up looking slightly crazed as she replied ::

"Thank you." :D

:: Sorsha stepped out into the living room, and her smile grew sweeter as she beheld Miranda. She bowed respectfully. She was the Empress now, more than just her childhood friend and soulmate ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:24:04 AM
"Sorsha..." Miranda closed the distance between them and placed a hand upon her shoulder, indicating that she should look up. "Come and follow me, we have a lot to talk about."

She led her lover outside and onto the patio where they could over look the terrace down below. Several gardeners were maintaining the grounds.

Turning towards her Guards, Miranda dismissed them. "Leave us."

Hands against armored breastplate, they spun on their heels and took a place on either side of the inside window, leaving the two of them alone.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:32:05 AM
:: Sorsha followed obediently. It felt strange, but she gave Miranda her full attention, her brown eyes wide and curious ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:37:10 AM
"What?? Miranda said with sincere, yet confused, eyes. "I figured you wanted to talk privately and it's a glorious day out."

Her hands curled around the metal guard rail as she surveyed Coruscant from her perch. The hustle and bustle of the city, with kilometers and kilometers of traffic, always made for a distinct background buzz of noise that could only be silenced by the transparisteel window.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:43:02 AM
"I do." she said, trying not to growl. "When do I see the Inquisatoriate?"

:: The question was easier than asking about Mira's visit to House Tagge. She loathed the thought of appearing jealous, and sought to maintain a poker face ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 10th, 2008, 11:44:17 AM
"When Inquisitor Valten calls for you," she explain simply. "I may hold command over them, but they are an entity to themselves when it comes to training."

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:01:31 AM
:: She nodded in acceptance, but her eye twitched in spite of it. She looked out at the sky hoping that Mira didn't notice ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:03:22 AM
Something unsettled Sorsha. She could feel it. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:10:19 AM
:: She stopped trying to hide it, and looked back at Mira ::

"I rejoice for you Mira, but I feel separated from what you've become. I do not belong in your Inner Circle."

:: Her cheeks burned in shame at how she felt ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:14:44 AM
Miranda sighed. "And if you were to become part of my Inner Circle, how do I explain that a business women belongs in politics? Hmm? Your identity as a member of Black Nebula needs to remain a secret. Is it not enough that you're an extension of the Empire's will and belong with me in my bed?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:29:04 AM
"I wish to be privy to the motivations of the others." she stated in defense. Her cheeks were hotter now. "Some of them ..."

:: She broke off, feeling more awkward than ever ::

"... cannot be trusted."

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:42:36 AM
Her eyes clenched in anger. Both she and Valten had handpicked the members of her staff personally based upon loyalty to the Empire, her and their capabilities for their position. Those that sat alongside her were working towards an Empire that will project unity and resolved against the Rebellion and establish order.

"Explain," she finally said, wondering what, or more accurately irked, Sorsha so.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:57:18 AM
"Sanya Tagge."

:: Her face twisted in disgust, as though she had just tasted something horrible ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:07:06 AM
Miranda rolled her eyes. "I grow extremely tired of this. House Tagge and House Tarkin have been allies for decades. Not only is she a childhood friend I trust," the Empress couldn't help but glare at Sorsha, "She is extremely intelligent and shrewd as I. Her work as Sector Monitor made her a suitable candidate as Minister of Truth, and it would keep her near Gallus as the only selfish reason I can come up with."

Vjun was too far to keep up a face to face relationship for Sanya to keep up with her brother. Besides, Coruscant was where one got noticed in terms of politics. Sanya was destined for great things and it pleased Miranda greatly that she could help with her friend's ascension. Much like Sorsha's! Her ungrateful attitude was growing most tiresome.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:11:41 AM
:: Sorsha opened her mouth to retort, but looked at Miranda's feet and sat instead. She felt like a child and she hated it ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:19:18 AM
"You two need to work on your differences," she explained curtly. "Whatever they may be."

Miranda had tried to comprehend the jealously of the two women over the years, but could gain little insight into it. Sorsha was always vaguely wary of Sanya, and Sanya would just quietly stew. Both of them usually kept to themselves when either alone or together with Miranda. Today's outburst was unexpected and unwarranted of Sorsha.

"You do understand your skills are put to their best use as a Hand?" And it keeps you two separated, for fraks sake!

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:27:38 AM
"Yes." she replied softly. Inside she wanted scream, but she'd humilated herself enough today. She looked up at Miranda calmly, but there was still a trace of pout on her lips.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:35:04 AM
"Sorsha," she said softly and went down on one knee before her. "Must I explain to my wife how much I love her one more time before it sinks in?"

They had married in secret on Falleen, ensuring that it remained as such by one of Sorsha's associates assassinating a lessor noble of House Zeven, which was considered a favor by the rival House.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:46:58 AM
:: Sorsha melted and grinned ::

"Please?" :D

:: She caught Miranda's hand and kissed it, holding it against her hot cheek ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 12:07:12 PM
This was too public of a location for this to go much further. As far as any watchful eye could see, Sorsha was merely kissing the signet ring of her Empress in adoration.

Rising to her feet, she beckoned Sorsha to follow as they crossed the threshold into the bedroom. As if they had done this song and dance before, the Guards nodded respectfully to their Empress and took up positions outside.

After closing the curtains, Miranda turned her head and gave Sorsha the most inviting of smiles.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 12:30:46 PM
:: Sorsha drew closer, and tickled Mira's sides, just like she did when they were younger. Time passed, but she knew the tickle spots were still there ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 12:39:59 PM
Miranda's eyes widened in shock, almost bulging from Sorsha's audacity! "How dare you!" she said jokingly and trying to squirm away. "How dare you tickle your fearless leader!!!"

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 12:57:57 PM
:: Sorsha caught her by the hips as she ran and tumbled end over end on the floor with her in a giggling fit ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 01:05:26 PM
Sorsha was always the stronger one, physically, and managed to pin Miranda's back against the floor, who only smiled helplessly. "This is a far better mood to have you in."

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 11th, 2008, 01:13:41 PM
:: Sorsha gave her chin a nip and let Mira's wrists go, content to straddle her belly ::

"I'm sorry, Mira."

:: She reached down to pet her hair ::

"I trust you. Always."

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 11th, 2008, 01:19:59 PM
Miranda's smile was sad and she placed a small kiss against Sorsha's wrist. "I wish you would actually mean that this time..."

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 12th, 2008, 10:29:23 AM
:: Sorsha leaned down to shush her with a loving kiss, letting her hair fall over Miranda's face like a curtain of blonde silk. It smelled like honey and namana blossoms ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 12th, 2008, 02:11:22 PM
It started off slow, almost like a first kiss, for it had been too long since they had last felt the sensual touch of each others lips. Miranda's want started to override the tenderness and soon she had crushed her mouth against Sorsha's with fervent need.

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 12th, 2008, 02:38:44 PM
SOMETIME LATER

:: Sorsha lay in the bath, Miranda leaning against her as she rinsed the shampoo from her lover's hair. She was sparing her Wife and Empress nothing. Pleasures that her potential rival could never dream of. Contentedly, she trilled into Mira's ear ::

"Are you feeling better?"

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 12th, 2008, 02:45:37 PM
She smiled and rolled her head from side to side to loosen her stiff neck. "I think the appropriate question is are you feeling better?"

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 12th, 2008, 02:54:03 PM
"Very much." she cooed, and shouted for the servants to bring another bottle of wine to the bath.

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 12th, 2008, 03:20:47 PM
"You are always such the dichotomy, love," said Miranda, snuggling against Sorsha once more. "Petulant and petty. Now sweet and endearing. It's like there are two of you in that beautiful head of yours."

Sorsha Kasajian
Dec 12th, 2008, 03:36:10 PM
"I'm selfish in regards to you, Mira. I'm not used to sharing you ... with anyone."

:: Sorsha snurfled her ear ::

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 13th, 2008, 01:05:09 PM
She laughed, "You are not sharing me with anyone. Please. There is duty and there is pleasure. And my dear ..."

Miranda turned around and peck her wife's cheek, "... you are definitely the later."