PDA

View Full Version : WoW Achievement

Park Kraken
Dec 6th, 2008, 01:42:44 AM
For a while I thought this day would never come, as I was totally a casual player, always liking to help other people complete quests or make things for them with professions, and the fact that I liked to lvl up multipule characters at one time. But finally, it happened. Since creating my account back in Jan of 2006, one of my toons has reached lvl 70.

A second one, a Rogue, is soon to follow as he is at lvl 66.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 6th, 2008, 02:46:38 AM
I'd say congrats but I despise WoW and the many roleplayers it has taken from us. :shakefist

But since it IS an achievement and not all WoWers have ceased RPing... CONGRATS! :dance

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 6th, 2008, 07:38:58 AM
I was going to say "Now you get the fun of spending every day grinding for motes/insert profession item here" but you have 10 more levels to enjoy before it's back to the grind! :mneh

Crusader
Dec 6th, 2008, 08:52:46 AM
Congrats... but achievements for MMOGs still make me sick...

Droo
Dec 6th, 2008, 09:38:02 AM
I loathe the achievements in WoW. It's such a cheap way of getting people to repeat old content. I hate the way you're not automatically awarded the achievements you're due, such as Molten Core, Onyxia, Black Wing Lair, etc. etc. I also hate the way it interferes with tactics in instances and battlegrounds because people want x achievement instead of finishing said instance or battleground.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 6th, 2008, 09:53:55 AM
I like the fact that the Achievements aren't retroactive, to be honest. I see it as Blizzards way of helping those players who joined after the release of TBC a chance to actually experience old world content. Trying to get a group together for Molten Core or whatever was basically impossible, meaning so much of the game went unseen by many new players.

Not that I'm playing anymore, but if I was I'd be grateful that Blizzard was giving people an incentive to do this stuff again, if only so I'd get the chance to do it for the first time.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 6th, 2008, 10:41:01 AM
It was really cooling running with my guild and doing MC40 with 25 guys. I'd never seen any of that stuff, since I joined just as BC was wrapping up.

Park Kraken
Dec 7th, 2008, 07:30:17 PM
Okay, I'm at a sort of crossroads concerning my character, so I'll come here to the veteran WoW players to ask for advice. I won't be getting the expansion for another month or so, and here is my delimma -

What exactly should I be doing right now?

I have, off the top of my head, three things that I should be doing, but I can't seem to place priority on one thing or another -

A) Daily quests on Isle of Quel to gain rep with Sunrise and get access to their armor collection.

B) Rep gain quests with Consortium to gain access to their JCing recipes.

C) Go get my flying and epic flying mount.

D) Do 5-man instances to get better gear.

Character Profile -

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Exodar&n=Sevaasian

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 7th, 2008, 07:34:24 PM
D) Do 5-man instances to get better gear.

The gear you get here will probably be poor in comparison to the early quest rewards you get in Northrend. I haven't played WotLK, so I'm just assuming based on my experience with the original game and TBC, but Outland greens were superior to Azeroth blues, so I'm guessing that Northrend greens will be superior to Outland blues.

Zenas Codrey
Dec 7th, 2008, 07:38:08 PM
Switch sides and play Horde! :p

No, seriously, CABD. Dasq is right; you'll replace nearly all your gear within a week of being in Northrend.

Park Kraken
Dec 7th, 2008, 11:45:57 PM
I guess I'll work on Consortium and Sunwell reps to gain access to their various JCing recipes and maybe buy a little Sunwell armor as well on the side.

Figrin D'an
Dec 8th, 2008, 06:59:57 AM
Get your flying and epic flying mount. Most all of your gear will be replaced in Northrend as you level, and collecting old recipes really doesn't matter much since the new recipes from Northrend are going to be superior. You'll want to be able to get Cold-Weather Flying and utilize it as soon as you are able to (lvl 77), because getting around in zones like Storm Peaks and Icecrown pretty much demands that you have a flying mount.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 8th, 2008, 07:11:39 AM
You want your flying/epic flying. Your gear will be replaced by questing, since you don't have any epics.

Travis North
Dec 8th, 2008, 04:11:36 PM
Gratz Park!

If you're in to play casually I say do what you want. If you want more action go the Lich King route and head to Northrend.

WotLK gear is superior in all aspects.
Quests are more fun and detailed.
Gold and materials are plentiful despite the overpriced lots in the AH.
And the new zones are amazing.

Afterwards, if you want to, go back and complete stuff in BC/WoW since you can do it effectively and efficiently when geared at 80. The achievements are an incentive to do so.

-----

And in the news: A nineteen year old player in Japan (iirc) kicked the bucket after a 72 hour WoW binge.

Everyone here remember to play within reason!

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 8th, 2008, 04:27:01 PM
MMORPG binging is the most depressing way of dying ever |I

Morgan Evanar
Dec 8th, 2008, 06:07:00 PM
I suggest doing Howling Fjord, as it's about 50 times cooler than Borean Tundra (more like boring tundra).

Berek Dralken
Dec 8th, 2008, 08:39:01 PM
Oh Zing!!!!

Park Kraken
Dec 8th, 2008, 09:53:57 PM
I won't be getting the expansion until another three weeks, so in the meantime I'll be working on getting my mounts as advised, and working on getting my rogue up to lvl 70, as I like to switch between being a tank and dps quite often.

Park Kraken
Dec 19th, 2008, 02:19:41 PM
Another achievement, and one that was very personal, for this annoying little critter had killed me 1-2 times when I was questing. Sooner or later, I get my payback (at least against NPCs I do).

3 man job, all lvl 70s. One holy priest for healz, me as tank, and DK for dps.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 19th, 2008, 05:57:03 PM
I wonder if I can solo a Fel Reaver....

Morgan Evanar
Dec 20th, 2008, 04:57:52 PM
The answer?
http://panicked.org/misc/WoWScrnShot_122008_175158.jpg