PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2009 Plans

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 4th, 2008, 04:28:57 AM
So, what are everyones plan this Christmas? Where will you be spending the holiday? :)

Perhaps most importantly, what will you have be having for Christmas dinner? :D

Darth McBain
Dec 4th, 2008, 10:15:30 AM
I'll be sticking close to home this Christmas. I got the unlucky draw at work and I have to carry the 24/7 support pager for my system over Christmas, so I can't stray too far anyway... For the actual day itself it will be just me and the fam, but the in-laws will be out a couple days after for a week's visit.

Don't have the dinner menu planned out just yet... :)

Mandy with an I
Dec 4th, 2008, 11:22:27 AM
I will be going to my mums, like always. Working two shifts then flying to Alabama for New Years :cool

We'll probably have turkey/potatoes/veg plus a gazillion cookies and treats like we always do :)

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 4th, 2008, 01:26:22 PM
I have to work x-mas eve but have Christmas off! :) Probably hanging with the family at the apartment and then making rounds to other places with my friends and gf!

Peter McCoy
Dec 4th, 2008, 05:09:35 PM
The Ninny is cooking this year to give my mum a break. And I absolutely adore my nan's Sunday roasts so I'm really looking forward to a big joint of beef, loads of roast potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, peas, gravy and my bowl of 4 yorkshire puddings, all smothered in her lovely gravy (she makes it, it's not hers, lols.)

Most likely go for drinks Christmas Eve with Droo and a few friends, off to my girlfriends for Christmas night as they always have family over for food and karaoke (plus her veyr large family give me presents :)).

On the 30th of December I'm off to Pontins with my girlfriends family, staying until the 2nd of January, and I have a few days off work, back in on Monday the 5th. I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year. I have a load of days off work between now and Jan 5th too. Starting tomorrow I have 5 days off, then come Christmas week I'm Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, the day after that, then in for one day and then off until the 5th. Hooray for me! :)

Jaime Tomahawk
Dec 11th, 2008, 05:32:28 AM
Probably going to finally play rally driver on Christmas Eve on a private test track, Christmas morning with mum, Afternoon with Dad.

Charley
Dec 11th, 2008, 09:21:28 AM
My sister in law (and maybe my father in law) are flying over for the holidays, so we'll celebrate Christmas with them, and my side of the family. I'm sure I'll do some cooking, just not sure exactly what right now. I may make lamb again, but turkey and/or ham are okay also.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 11th, 2008, 12:43:49 PM
The Ninny is cooking this year to give my mum a break. And I absolutely adore my nan's Sunday roasts so I'm really looking forward to a big joint of beef, loads of roast potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, peas, gravy and my bowl of 4 yorkshire puddings, all smothered in her lovely gravy (she makes it, it's not hers, lols.)

:yum

This sounds utterly delicious. My attempts at yorkshire puddings have been successful, imo, but my hubby doesn't like them. Sacrilege! More for me, though.

Wyl Staedtler
Dec 11th, 2008, 02:59:52 PM
We haven't decided yet - we were debating going to visit my oldest brother in Jamaica for the holidays, or J's brother who just moved to Australia to be with his girlfriend. We're kind of traveled-out though.

Nevada's a possibility, unless we can convince his parents to come here where it's waaaaaaarm.

Dinner will depend on where we're at. If it's home, J's mummy will cook and then my god we can all die happy. :D

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 11th, 2008, 05:05:39 PM
If all goes to plan, Christmas Eve will be the carol-in at the church, followed by going home and reading 'The Night Before Christmas' to the kid/kids (if my neice and nephew are there...), like my mother did with us when I was growing up. Christmas day will be the usual presents, blah blah blah, and Christmas Lunch as opposed to dinner because my sister works at 3pm. She's a Licenced Practical Nurse in a secured dementia care facility... as long as there isn't a full moon on Christmas, it should be a decent evening for her. :lol

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 13th, 2008, 10:01:57 AM
Heading down to North Carolina to spend about a week with the brother-person, whom I have not seen in a year!

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 17th, 2008, 06:08:07 PM
Oh lord not long to Christmas now :uhoh

I wish my mothers present would hurry up and arrive in the mail.

Hartus Kenobi
Dec 17th, 2008, 10:32:37 PM
at home with the folks.

Peter McCoy
Dec 19th, 2008, 05:32:36 AM
I still need cards for my mum, dad and nan. I was in Clintons yesterday and they were all rubbish. The Card Warehouse by the train station was shut this morning so I may have to look in Clintons again, as I don't fancy coming to town over the weekend just for cards. If I have to I will, but I'll try to avoid it.

Mandy with an I
Dec 19th, 2008, 09:18:46 AM
I get to finish my christmas shopping (for my work christmas dinner) in a snow storm. If I don't post again, it's because I'm buried in a snow drift somewhere :uhoh

Nya Halcyon
Dec 20th, 2008, 03:01:59 AM
We're staying home and having a private war...

Err... I mean, we'll have a nice relaxed Christmas Eve and all that... we start Xmas that night and get our presents then (because the famous German patience deserts us all come Christmas and we can't wait until Christmas Day to unpack the presents :lol). My grandmother and her sister are both coming, which is a potential danger cos they haven't talked to each other for the last 20 years for whatever reason, and they usually ignore each other but the arrival of yet another great-grandchild (my cousin's) stirred up some more bad blood so who knows... maybe I'll remove all sharp knives from the dinner table, and hide the fire poker, just in case...

Anyway, all joking aside, we'll have three days of lots of relatives, presents and mulled wine at my parents'. My sis and I will out-sing the church men's choir on Christmas Eve mass, as always, and in their honour we learned a new version of Silent Night that is sure to give them a nasty surprise... hehehehe... poor dears have been singing the same songs for the past 20 years or so, so we consider it our job to shake them up a bit and get them to be a bit more imaginative in their singing.

We'll have all kinds of food: Christmas Eve there'll be some sort of roast and my mom's bread dumplings and red cabbage, Christmas Day we'll have Goose, sweet potato souffle, potato au gratin and beans, and no idea yet what there'll be the day after that. Usually my dad and I cook together or we take turns. I'll take some pictures this year...