PDA

View Full Version : 24 Season 7

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 23rd, 2008, 06:59:18 PM
Tonight is a 2 hour special 24 Movie so all 24 fans better be watching tonight at 8PM EST.

Miranda Tarkin
Nov 23rd, 2008, 07:03:30 PM
It is recording as we speak :D

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 23rd, 2008, 09:46:02 PM
I loved it, much better than Season 6. Keifer was great as always. I think Jon Voight is going to be a creepy villain this coming season.

Crusader
Nov 27th, 2008, 05:04:16 AM
Robert Carlyle as Jacks' former brother in arms was great.
Although people who shoot with handguns at helicopters should be called special but not special forces :P

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2008, 03:28:20 PM
I really liked Carlye, I hated it when he died. Who was shooting at helicopters in the movie? I just can't remember that. At least I don't remember Jack doing it.

Elias Akasha
Nov 28th, 2008, 04:02:43 AM
Carlye was trying to shoot at the helicopter with his handgun as the kids were running for the treeline.

All around, it was pretty good... but why did Carlyle keep the Rifle? He didn't actually use it, and while Jack is awesome with a pistol he probably could have done with a rifle during that street shootout. ;)

Jon Voight was awesome. Found the new President a little annoying though; they sorta peaked with David Palmer, and have been going downhill ever since. I also found Tony Todd's hat annoying... but he was only in it for a few minutes, so it hardly ruined it.

I have to say, I'm surprised to find that Tom Lennox has survived yet another administration. He's an awesome character, but he's a sneaky little weasel: hardly the ideal person you want to have on your staff.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 28th, 2008, 02:51:49 PM
Carlye was trying to shoot at the helicopter with his handgun as the kids were running for the treeline.

All around, it was pretty good... but why did Carlyle keep the Rifle? He didn't actually use it, and while Jack is awesome with a pistol he probably could have done with a rifle during that street shootout. ;)

Jon Voight was awesome. Found the new President a little annoying though; they sorta peaked with David Palmer, and have been going downhill ever since. I also found Tony Todd's hat annoying... but he was only in it for a few minutes, so it hardly ruined it.

I have to say, I'm surprised to find that Tom Lennox has survived yet another administration. He's an awesome character, but he's a sneaky little weasel: hardly the ideal person you want to have on your staff.
I thought Logan rivaled Palmer in terms of a character. Of course he is a treacherous leech but still a great character. I hope they bring him back for at least a few episodes. Todd is suppose to be one of the main villains in Season 7, although I think Voight is going to be the main villain. I am wondering that perhaps that is what Tony is going to be up to. I suspect he is either after Voight's character for revenge and is doing bad things to get that revenge or he is undercover. I also wonder how far back Voight's character goes. I am certain he is connected to Logan and the conspiracy back in season 5 but it wouldn't shock me if he was connected to the conspiracies in Season 1, 2 and slightly in 3 and 4. We never found out who Nina, Mandy, and Max all worked for.

Aurelias Kazaar
Dec 16th, 2008, 07:35:18 PM
So worth buying the DVD then?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 16th, 2008, 08:34:46 PM
I think so, it is better than most of Season Six (except for the first four episodes which was the highlight of that season).

Aurelias Kazaar
Dec 16th, 2008, 10:40:38 PM
I'll have to check it out. I've always loved 24 but have never watched a full season on TV (got all the DVDs though). It was great when FX used to show repeats but since they've stopped it...

Aurelias Kazaar
Dec 19th, 2008, 09:39:41 PM
Saw it tonight, I really liked it. It's better than some theater movies I've seen.

Btw, has Bauer ever had any friends who survive? Chloe, Audrey, and Heller are the only ones I can think of. Was Buchanan ever his 'friend'?

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 20th, 2008, 12:27:13 AM
I'd say Buchanon is his friend. Of course Tony did survive just has gone rogue.

Aurelias Kazaar
Dec 20th, 2008, 02:42:50 AM
Yeah point taken. I really liked the Season Six in six minutes recap they did. I didn't get to watch all of it so I'm glad they did that.

Heck, I still haven't watched all of season three, four, and five and I own all the DVDs.

Crusader
Jan 12th, 2009, 06:19:03 PM
OK so who has watched the season start yesterday?

I liked it but I hope the whole Tony story line does not have too many twists. I would prefer a Tony nemesis for Jack instead of a BFF Tony.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2009, 08:36:09 AM
I like Tony as a good guy more, especially since he is my second favorite character in the series. Although, it does sound like Tony did some bad things (not sure what). Episode 3 was great one of the best episodes since Season 5 I thought. I wonder how deep this conspiracy goes, part of me wonders if it is going to link the people behind Nina, Max, Mandy and others to this season.

Crusader
Jan 14th, 2009, 09:04:19 AM
I really like the FBI unit that they have created. The similarities and contrasts to CTU really make the first few episodes intresting. I really like the way agent Walker is presented: Will she become the next Jack Bauer or will she find her way back?
I am excited about the first-gentleman story-line.
OH and I did some research on the IMDB and found out that Chloe and Bill won't be the only returning characters but I don't want to spoil anything here.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 14th, 2009, 09:24:57 AM
Well it was certainly convincing that Tony could have been a bad guy with all the crap he's been through, but I like him as a good guy more. However, who the hell knows. This is 24!

It would be nice if some of this tied to Nina, Mandy etc :)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:32:27 AM
Well it was certainly convincing that Tony could have been a bad guy with all the crap he's been through, but I like him as a good guy more. However, who the hell knows. This is 24!

It would be nice if some of this tied to Nina, Mandy etc :)
I remember back in Season 1 I thought Tony was the mole (I thought it was either him or Mason). As for returning characters I know it was confirmed that Kim will be making another appearance. I have a feeling Logan might come back at some point.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 14th, 2009, 11:39:22 AM
Logan :x I hate that man, course that's probably why they might be bringing him back, hah!

I admittedly like the FBI team they have in place. They are just different enough to not be CTU. I was pleasantly surprise to see Jeannine Garofalo. I haven't seen her in years but she's still great at playing awkward.

Crusader
Jan 14th, 2009, 01:40:48 PM
As for returning characters I know it was confirmed that Kim will be making another appearance.

Maybe you should have used spoiler tags for this...but now the news is out. She is listed for the final 5 hours so there is a good chance that Jack finaly is getting clean with her.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 14th, 2009, 02:52:21 PM
As for returning characters I know it was confirmed that Kim will be making another appearance.

Maybe you should have used spoiler tags for this...but now the news is out. She is listed for the final 5 hours so there is a good chance that Jack finaly is getting clean with her.

Well I saw the Kim news on some news outlets I think TV guide announced it so it was obviously not a surprise. I think Logan or Mandy would be the secret returns.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 17th, 2009, 04:50:21 PM
This season has been great so far. I thought for sure Janis was the mole, but it's creepy Sean instead. Aaron Pierce and Morris both made appearances this week which was awesome. Next week looks great.

Crusader
Feb 18th, 2009, 09:01:26 AM
Actually it made sense that it was either him or the blond chick. Janis would not have covered up Sean's tracks and she would not have delayed the attorneys in the hospital if she had been the mole.
Sean was suspicious right from the start and we found out very early that he likes to abuse his position for his own goals.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 18th, 2009, 09:39:30 AM
I thought they might pull a surprise mole, of course they could be saving that for one close to the President.

Crusader
Feb 18th, 2009, 09:54:48 AM
Well he might not have a goatee but the right in your face surprise mole would be Ethan Kanin but that would be too obvious even for a 24 twist! But maybe they try to take a different aproach this season: All the people that look like traitors are actually ones... Like Douglas Adams stated in one of his books: You just have to make something awfully big and obvious so that nobody notices it.

Captain Untouchable
Feb 18th, 2009, 10:05:04 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we discovered that the guy that Dubaku was talking to in the foyer of the restaurant or wherever was actually the senior Secret Service guy that Bill mentioned. Something about him when he first appeared made me wonder if he was.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 18th, 2009, 10:50:48 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we discovered that the guy that Dubaku was talking to in the foyer of the restaurant or wherever was actually the senior Secret Service guy that Bill mentioned. Something about him when he first appeared made me wonder if he was.

I think that guy works for the main bad guy who must be Voight. Still don't know who he is. I do think we will have a big surprise with him. I personally think these bad guys are connected to Logan, Nina, Manda, and Max in the previous seasons. We could have a return of Mandy or Max to make that connection.

Park Kraken
Feb 19th, 2009, 12:48:31 AM
Does anyone else feel like Renee might be patterned to take over Jack's role as the do-all superhero at the end of the season, or something along those lines?

Crusader
Feb 19th, 2009, 03:36:31 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if she ends up in an asylum after this season. I think Jack Bauer is putting her over the edge. I loved the way she was looking at herself in the mirror all covered in blood that is not her own.

Or in the episode before this one there was this great moment:

He asks Renee if she’s ok. She looks at the mother and child and says she doesn’t think she is. Jack says after what she did today he wouldn’t blame her if it was too much and wanted to get out.

“Maybe I will… tomorrow.”

Tomorrow!!! ROFL there is no tomorrow in 24.

Jesimae Lawson
Feb 20th, 2009, 04:08:31 PM
Renee is a pretty good character. I like how she has this inner battle going on where she wants to do the right thing yet at the same time having a hard time accepting what she is doing for the greater good. Very emotional and I love it.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 24th, 2009, 08:39:10 AM
Great episode last night, I love the car chase at the beginning. Glad they caught evil Sean, but now things are getting worse. I liked the scene where Tony told Jack its not over and then we find out the White House is going to be attacked by Tony Todd (aka Candyman). Next week should be awesome.

Crusader
Feb 26th, 2009, 05:51:58 PM
Yeah it was pretty entertaining. Renee is one step closer to the edge. The shot at the Washington Monument with the sundown and the Capitol in the background was great. It was indeed a great idea to move the show to Washington DC.
A perfect moment of silence with a sky painted with blood that foreshadows that this is going to be a long night for our heroes.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:28:23 AM
Great two episodes, Tony Todd was very creepy. We now meet Voigt's character he seems very cold and calculating. I wonder what his agenda is. Also looks like we could have one or several deaths next week I think Bill and Aaron will sacrifice themselves but that is just my theory.

Crusader
Mar 4th, 2009, 02:25:16 PM
I really like the fact that the supporting cast in this season is really solid. The Taylors are awesome. The villans visual presentation is only topped by their voice acting.
Monday can not come soon enough. So far this is one of the best seasons.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 10th, 2009, 09:15:43 AM
Poor Bill, at least he got a silent clock. It was a great episode. Jon Voight is sure becoming one of the best villains 24 has had. He is creepy.

Shadow Storm
Mar 16th, 2009, 11:53:13 PM
Tonight's episode pretty much sums up one common varient I have in watching 24;

People I don't like from the start, but then I do start liking, usually get killed off in the same episode I start liking them. :|

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 17th, 2009, 12:35:48 PM
I know poor Senator Mayer. I was starting to like him too. I did like how Jack killed Quinn. At least Jack and Tony are back together teaming up.

Crusader
Mar 17th, 2009, 05:40:34 PM
I thought the senator's death was kind of unrealistic. This smelled like a trap!

Captain Untouchable
Mar 27th, 2009, 05:17:05 PM
*gasp* Connor Trinneer!

Shadow Storm
Mar 30th, 2009, 12:23:13 AM
It seems no one bothered to post any replies after last Monday's episode, even though it could have far reaching implications.

The fact that Jack is not convulsing out his intestines right now means that the bioweapon is probably some kind of a disease. If it was developed in Africa, I'm guessing it's a mutated form of Ebola, (as I've read several war novels with similar developments) or something like that.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 30th, 2009, 10:40:03 AM
Yeah I can't wait for tonight. I haven't posted mostly because I get busy and forget.

Shadow Storm
Apr 2nd, 2009, 09:44:36 AM
Last Monday's episode was pretty big. So much going on right now, I'll wait on other comments before posting spoilers.

Crusader
Apr 3rd, 2009, 04:46:35 AM
I see a lot of silent clocks for next monday!

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 3rd, 2009, 07:04:04 PM
I think Tony is safe beyond him who knows.

Shadow Storm
Apr 3rd, 2009, 10:50:04 PM
I think Jack will be safe for the time being. The main one I'm worried about is Larry Moss. I think he's being set up for a classical 24 atonement type death. :ohno

Park Kraken
Apr 16th, 2009, 06:41:10 PM
Well....

Turns out I was right about Larry dying, although it had more to do with betrayal then atonement. Very very very interesting turn of events, I'm thinking Tony and the other guy are working for an outside connection than Starkwood that is interested in acquiring the weapon, although whether it's for an attack on the US or an enemy of the US, it could be either one yet. It could be connected to what Hodges referrenced of this only being the beginning when he is taken away.

Very good episode, and it seems the action will continue in the next episode.

So either Jack is cured, or perhaps Renee will be the one to confront Tony and take him down once and for all, assuming that it will happen this season rather than being the theme that starts up the next season...

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 17th, 2009, 08:01:55 AM
I think Tony is trying to get revenge for Michelle's death. I have a feeling Logan is going to show up.

Shadow Storm
May 18th, 2009, 10:01:46 PM
Quite an ending for this season. Tis to say I was not dissapointed.

It seems I was correct in the assumption that Andrea was being molded in a sense to take over in Jack's place.

A lot of stuff to look forward to in season eight. Whether or not Jack survives the procedure, whether or not he gets involved in any future buisness. Really, I feel the most for poor Allison Taylor. I have a feeling her daughter will play a villain role in a possible upcoming season.

Jedi Master Carr
May 18th, 2009, 11:54:42 PM
I think Tony and Alan Wilson will both be back. It is the first seasons since Season 2 that the villain didn't die.
Edit I forgot about Logan but I think Wilson might get off and could come back to cause havoc. I think he isn't the top dog in that conspiracy.

Aurelias Kazaar
May 19th, 2009, 01:26:50 AM
I'm buying this on BluRay tomorrow after I wake up. I can't wait to watch this.

Crusader
May 20th, 2009, 12:35:51 AM
Kiefer and Wersching are shooting the next season right now so Jack Bauer will survive without a doubt.

The last episode makes you wonder how many alternative versions of certain scenes were shot since in the end there were so many decisions to be made:

-is there a version where Kim let's her father die (just in case the show would not have got an 8th season)
-Did they shoot a version where René walks in to torture Tim so that she becomes a new Jack Bauer? (maybe in case they green lighted an 8th season without Kiefer Sutherland reprising his role)
-Did they shoot an alternativ decision for president Taylor's family?

I really liked Jack's "bus" speech and his prayer in the end. If the series would have ended there I would have called this the perfect ending for the series.
René's last moment this season was pretty awesome but I still wonder how this scene would have ended if she had decided to go through with it.
Kim's appearence in the last view episodes was pretty disappointing.