PDA

View Full Version : Yeah Yeah Yeah (Ricky!)

Oddity
Nov 23rd, 2008, 12:53:28 PM
All he does is sleep. And sleep. Sleep sleep sleep sleep sleep! She had already gone to the store to buy food and water. Almost of her chores for the day were done, except for her most HATED one - laundry - and she'd tidied up the place, trying not to wake the kid up (Ferals' orders!).

...Which wasn't hard at all since the kid slept like a bag of bricks! She'd decided an entire parade including jet planes and elephants marching through the warehouse would merely make Ricky sigh and turn over. Oddity was sat cross-legged on the floor, dressed in "street" clothes and folding socks.

*boink* A neatly rolled pair of black stockings bounced off Rickys head.

Nothing.

*boink* A rather large (Ferals - tee hee hee!) pair of mens work-boot socks hit his pillow and rolled behind him.

Still nothing!

A barrage of ankle socks, a pillow case and several pairs of silky panties, one pair that landed neatly on his head, finally caused him to squint his eyes open. Oddity grinned widely and waved.

"Good morning Sunshine!!!"

Ricky Rider
Nov 24th, 2008, 09:28:18 AM
Ricky made an indistinct groan that expressed no commitment to sleep or wakefulness. He laid there, stretching, one eye squinting and blinking sluggishly against the light, trying to fix on the blonde sitting on the floor near the couch that had now offically become his bed. He breathed deep, enjoying the smell of the fresh laundry, and lifted the object off his head. Seeing what it was jolted him awake, and he threw Oddity's panties back at her as he sat up.

"Jeez, you're so wierd." He sank back down a bit, rolling onto his side to face her, adjusting his flimsy bed sheet to cover his feet. "Do you wake everyone up with your underwear?"

Oddity
Nov 24th, 2008, 05:15:31 PM
"Only sleeping beauties!"

She crawled closer to the couch, her face right next to his, wide-eyed and smiling. "Or next time I can wake you up with a kiss, that's more true to the story, right? And I'm not weird, I'm unique! That's what Pooh always tells me anyway..."

Ricky Rider
Nov 25th, 2008, 12:32:10 PM
"Not sure your boyfriend would like that," Ricky replied, choosing being alive and unkissed to being kissed and dead by Feral's blade. "He'd likely snap and...kill us all." He yawned and stretched during the pause.

Oddity
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:04:19 PM
"Hahahahaha! Oh silly!"

She flopped down onto the couch, landing her butt on his legs. Oddity rolled her eyes at him.

"Feral isn't my boyfriend! Okay...sometimes we do boyfriend and girlfriend things, and he does worship the ground I walk on," she bit her lip. "He might kill you, but he wouldn't ever hurt me, cos he loves me too much."

Ricky Rider
Nov 28th, 2008, 11:40:24 AM
"Maybe."

He looked at her, arms folded, leaning into the back cushions of his bed.

"So why do you love that guy? He's hairy and bloodthirsty and he's treated you like crap kind of a lot since I got here. Why stick around for that?"

Oddity
Nov 28th, 2008, 11:44:36 AM
"Because, it was love at first sight!"

She gave a wistful sigh. He wouldn't understand or see how wonderful Feral really was.

"He just acts that way so people won't see the gentle sweet man he really is underneath. He's a revolutionary for the mutant race, so he has to put on certain airs or no-one would take him seriously."

Ricky Rider
Dec 1st, 2008, 09:00:06 AM
"Okay," he said in a tone that clearly told her he didn't understand and that he definitely didn't think it was okay. It was also clear by his expression that he wanted to change the conversation. He didn't move it much, though. "So where is he, anyway?"

Oddity
Dec 2nd, 2008, 03:26:32 PM
"I dunno, he always leaves during the day and comes back whenever."

She gave Ricky a genuine smile (not her usual doofy grin). "BUT, now that you're here, I have someone to talk to when he's away! And maybe...We can go out and do something today if you want. I have a little bit of extra money so we could get lunch or something if you don't wanna eat here."

Ricky Rider
Dec 6th, 2008, 11:41:07 AM
"I'm fine with whatever." Their hideout was big enough that Ricky hadn't explored it all yet, and there were some places he couldn't get into. He'd considered just blowing the entrances open with his powers, but was wary of what the consequences would be. If it made a ton of noise it could give away to people passing by that they were there, and if some of them had been intentionally locked by Feral, there was that, too.

Oddity
Dec 6th, 2008, 01:12:47 PM
"Gee, that's helpful."

She scooted off the couch, picking up the rest of the laundry and setting in all up in neat little piles. Oddity pursed her lips, thinking about the things they could do, as opposed to things they should do, or would probably have to do. Kiddo would need some clothes, toiletries, whatever.

"We should probably go and get you some clothes. And like, a toothbrush. And stuff. I don't think you'd want to borrow Ferals' clothes - they're all stained."

Ricky Rider
Dec 8th, 2008, 02:32:55 PM
"I can't imagine," Ricky said off-handedly, licking his teeth at the mention of the toothbrush. He sat up further and threw the sheets off his body, and looked at the JERICHO uniform he'd been wearing when they'd deployed him as a "field test". "Yeah, let's go get clothes and stuff. Gonna hit the bathroom real fast then we can go whenever."

Oddity
Dec 8th, 2008, 09:37:55 PM
"Eeehee! Okay!"

While he was in the washroom, she busied herself with remaking his bed and putting the laundry away (away being in the little part of the main room that was her room). She'd pulled her blonde hair off her face into a neat ponytail and was raring to go by the time he returned.

Ricky Rider
Dec 19th, 2008, 11:20:56 AM
Ricky came back, hair wet from where he'd tried to make it do something presentable and failed miserably. He was wearing a hoodie that just barely fit him, one of Feral's loans that somehow was free from blood. Otherwise, he'd not changed his clothes at all.

"Anytime," he prompted Oddity.

Oddity
Dec 19th, 2008, 06:56:09 PM
"Awww!"

She reached out and fixed his hair, which immediately fell back to how it was. Oddity frowned a little then shrugged. She grabbed his hand in hers and started to lead the way out of their humble abode.

"Soooooooo Ricky! What did you used to do before you became a freak? I mean, you know, before I met Feral I used to be in university and like, did normal boring people stuff. What did you do?"

Ricky Rider
Dec 28th, 2008, 08:54:14 PM
Ricky was jerked along by the hand, embarrassed by Oddity's sudden energy. He had to quicken his step to keep up with her. He scowled at her use of the word freak, feeling a bit of hate sour his previously neutral mood.

"I went to high school and had semi-decent life with a small circle of friends. I lived with my mom, dad, and sister."

Oddity
Dec 28th, 2008, 09:25:11 PM
"Oh yeah?"

She didn't even noticed his scowl, remaining cheerfully oblivious to anything that wasn't in her field of vision. They finally reached the door, stepping outside into the bright sun.

"I haven't talked to my family in a zillion years, they probably think I was killed or something. Like, when I met Pooh, he was all "Grrrr, kill humans!". And I was all "Eeeeek!" and my powers kicked in so he knew I wasn't a human, you know?"

Ricky Rider
Jan 3rd, 2009, 02:28:28 PM
Ricky shook his head that he didn't know, but she didn't see that either. He really didn't wanna keep talking about Feral's bloodbaths, and he was weary of hearing and seeing their bizarre relationship go on around him.

"Where are we going? And how do you even have money?"

Oddity
Jan 11th, 2009, 07:02:19 PM
"There's this really nice churchy guy, he has some clothes and stuff. And I have some money because unlike some people, I go out and work for a living instead of stealing hamburgers out of the back of the McDonalds late at night."

She had caught the head-shake, but didn't say anything. This kid was weird.

"I used to work at a market, but now I run errands for some oldy old folks and for the churchy guy. It's kinda like charity but not really."

Ricky Rider
Jan 12th, 2009, 06:22:07 PM
"You work for humans? Bet Feral doesn't like that."

Ricky had once remembered Feral telling them to get jobs if they wanted money, which had struck him as odd given the man's intense dislike of humans. He'd thought they'd be more encouraged to steal for their cash, which had tempted Ricky a few times since his release from Jericho. He was a little intimidated from the memory of his last robbery attempt, but he had to remind himself that what had happened was a one in a million chance.

"Ever rob for money?"

Oddity
Jan 19th, 2009, 08:05:40 PM
"Uh no? That would be totally wrong! Feral doesn't care if I work odd jobs, because then he," she made quotes in the air. " "doesn't have to listen to your constant whining about wanting material possessions that you don't need." Blah blah blah!."

They had made their way further into town, people were walking along the streets, having lunch at a cafe and doing normal normy things. Some of the people waved hello to Oddity, and she waved back. She grabbed Rickys hand in hers and made them both wave to people.

"Why would you wanna rob someone for money? That's just silly."

Ricky Rider
Jan 20th, 2009, 12:21:14 PM
"Yeah," he said distantly, not bothering to resist as she waved his hand at people. "Silly." He glowered at the people he was made to wave to, and they giggled a little at his attempts to be tough or angry. When they reached a less crowded place he tugged his hand out of her grasp, shoving it inside a pocket with defiance. "Why are you so happy about being out about the normals? I thought you hated them."

Oddity
Jan 20th, 2009, 03:19:45 PM
"Although mutant are far more superior to the lowly "mundanes" that surround us," her entire tone changed from crazy glee to serious as she continued. She even stopped grinning!

"You can't tell me that they aren't useful. Feral may want to kill all humans, but I think we should use them like the serfs they are. We're superior, so of course, we can't let them push us around. Sometimes they need to be put in their place, but most of them want to live their happy little lives. If that means I can get something from them that I need, then there's no way I won't use them all up."

She tilted her head to side and beamed. "I might be crazy, but I'm not entirely stupid. Everyone has a use, and the ones that aren't so useful, Feral can play with."

Ricky Rider
Jan 21st, 2009, 09:54:55 PM
Ricky couldn't argue with it. This was partly because they'd reached their destination, and partly because he couldn't think of a counter-argument. He just shrugged and looked about, feeling totally lost. "Where did we need to go?"

How long has it been since he went shopping? Like, legitimately shopping? Months ago, probably. He couldn't help remembering his first, last, and failed robbery attempt as he looked about at the stores. It made him feel guilty and embarrassed, and he hunched up against the tide of shoppers.

Oddity
Jan 23rd, 2009, 12:13:31 AM
Oddity frowned, putting an arm around his shoulder. Kiddo always always looked so miserable! Always!

"Why are you always SO SAD? Cheer up!"

She lead him towards a small shop, one that had fewer people inside it. Down an aisle til they got to the stuff they'd need - deodorant, tooth brushes, all designed for travel and convenience. Oddity picked up a stick of Speed Stick, popping the top off and taking a sniff. She made a face.

"You frown more than Feral, and he's always angry. You're going to get all wrinkled, too."

Ricky Rider
Jan 26th, 2009, 09:49:26 AM
Ricky put the Speed Stick back and took a different brand, tossing it in the basket he'd picked up on his way in. He also grabbed his favorite brands of toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, soap, and shampoo, all the while studiously ignoring Oddity's question and commentary.

Oddity
Jan 26th, 2009, 07:30:26 PM
"Don't ignore me! I have all the money, so you hafta pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee!!!!"

She was practically throwing a temper tantrum - how dare he ignore her! These were legitimate questions that deserved answers. While she was giving him the lecture of a life-time, she was busy filling his basket with things she wanted - some lip gloss, tootsie pops, bubble gum. She *was* paying for it after all.

"You know, I don't have to be nice to you. I chose to be! Maybe people would want to be nice to you if you weren't such a damn grumpy pants all the time!"

Ricky Rider
Jan 27th, 2009, 01:59:01 PM
"Look, this isn't life as I wanted it to be," he grumbled. Ricky turned to face Oddity, sweeping his shaggy hair up off left side of his face, revealing the rest of his scar and his shrunken ear. "Since this happened, my life has been pretty crappy. People don't see me, they see the scar. I could spend the day in this mall, and if you asked people to describe me, this is all they'd be able to pin down for you." He lowered his voice to an angry hiss.

"Then we add on a few months of imprisonment and slavery, living in a condemned building, in a country where I can't understand what's going on around me, and yeah, I think I have earned my damned right to be grumpy."

Oddity
Jan 27th, 2009, 08:36:57 PM
Oddity held in a sigh and a frown. Wah wah wah, grump grump grump!

"Well, next time we'll paint your face up and no-one will even notice that stupid scar. I've been with you for like, a zillion years, I didn't notice it...BECAUSE ALL YOU DO IS GRUMP!"

Everyone in the store was staring at them, she barely noticed, focusing all of her attention on the boy in front of her. "Look, life is stupid and things aren't always awesome, but you have to look on the bright side! Things aren't so bad right now, are they? NOOOOOOOOOOO! So stop feeling sorry for yourself!"

Ricky Rider
Jan 29th, 2009, 12:24:23 PM
"And all you do is bounce around like a giddy idiot!" Ricky also wasn't paying any mind to the stir they were causing. He was too fed up with her to care. "You're too manic and happy! You don't take anything seriously! How on earth do you get by? You're like a child!"

Oddity
Jan 29th, 2009, 12:45:53 PM
Her lower lip trembled and a few tears slipped out of the corners of her eyes. he was being SO MEAN! She made a mental note to tell Feral about this horrible injustice as soon as he got back...By now, everyone in the store had stopped and was staring at the pair.

"WELL! I'm sorry that I can actually look on the bright-side of things, and have fun! I'd rather act like a child then be a stupid grumpy old man!"

Oddity took off, running out of the store, leaving Ricky holding their basket.

Ricky Rider
Jan 30th, 2009, 04:07:13 PM
Ricky glowered after her, face burning as he finally realized the scene they'd caused. He set the basket down and stalked out after, grumbling in a stream under his breath. Once he got out into the mall proper, he sighed irritably. She was just gone, lost in the crowd so thoroughly that they might never find each other. Which was just brilliant, because she had all the damned money.

"Jesus, I hate you," he whispered, turning and heading off down the row of shops.

Oddity
Jan 30th, 2009, 11:33:19 PM
Oddity was sitting by herself on a bench beside the mall entrance. Her knees were drawn up to chin, her eyes staring a hole into the shiny shiny floor. The little voice inside her head was calling Ricky ever rotten name she could think of...She barely noticed him as he came stalking towards, grumbling all the way.

Ricky Rider
Feb 2nd, 2009, 02:11:36 PM
He found her curled up in a ball on a bench, sulking at the floor. Yeah, just like a child. He'd been right.

"Will you stop crying? You left me in there without any money, I had to leave the basket, and now we probably can't go back in there because they'll all recognize us after that scene we just caused. That was so dumb. Why'd you start yelling?"

Oddity
Feb 2nd, 2009, 07:54:34 PM
"I am NOT crying, you stupid jerk! I only yelled because you make me SO ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED!"

Her feet stomped on the floor as she stood up, moving so she was eye to eye with him. "Stop being so damn grumpy, ok? Look, you're not in Jericho, you have a home and you're part of our family now, so let's try to get along. Alright?"

Ricky Rider
Feb 4th, 2009, 06:16:47 PM
There was a long pause in which Ricky was clearly sizing her up, deciding how much of a pain in the ass it'd be to just leave her there and deal with her later. He remembered how to get back to their crapsack "apartment", so it wouldn't be any big deal to be cut loose for a few hours. Still, she had a point, dammitall.

"Fine. What now?"

Oddity
Feb 5th, 2009, 10:43:14 AM
"Now, we finish our shopping, and we go get something to eat. Without arguing over non-sense. Is that fine?"

Her arms folded over her chest as she stared him straight in the eye, face completely stoic. It was probably the most serious he had seen her.

Ricky Rider
Feb 7th, 2009, 05:39:33 PM
He couldn't help but smile a little at her serious face. His right side curled into a full smile, but the left could only manage a slight one. The lopsided expression softened even his scar. "Okay. let's go."

Oddity
Feb 9th, 2009, 03:36:39 PM
See? She thought to herself as she returned the smile. Smiling isn't that hard, sheesh.

She lead the way back to the store, ignoring some of the looks she got from people on the way there and picked up their still full basket.

"Did you get everything you needed?"

Ricky Rider
Feb 16th, 2009, 12:24:04 PM
He nodded, face red, head low, as he followed her to the counter. They were checked out by a rather stern looking clerk who wouldn't stop giving Ricky the evil eye. He let out his breath and unhunched a little as they stepped back into the flow of foot traffic. "That sucked," he grumbled. "What else? Did we want food?"

Oddity
Feb 21st, 2009, 11:45:39 PM
"Hrmm, okay. We'll get lunch and then we'll get some clothes."

Oddity didn't even notice the clerk giving Ricky the evil eye. She did however notice the color slowly fading from his cheeks as they left the store. She shrugged it off as another weird Kiddo thing, dodging passing shoppers are they walked towards the food court.

"What do you wanna eat?"

Ricky Rider
Feb 26th, 2009, 09:52:31 AM
He knew what he'd eat in a mall in America, but not in a mall in Europe. There were a few familiar brand names, but he didn't want to eat at them. In spite of having lived in Europe for months now, first at Jericho, and now at Feral's hide out, he hadn't actually had the chance to try any of the local foods. They'd wandered to the middle of the food court, and Ricky pondered the names and logos that assaulted him from the perimeter.

"Um..."

Oddity
Mar 6th, 2009, 09:00:21 PM
There were very few brand-name fast food places in Spain, which Oddity always found weird. Plus they didn't really drink pop. Luckily, there was a McDonalds here in the mall, and that was where she would probably go if Kiddo wasn't standing there being thinky. It shouldn't be hard to chose - Spider-man Happy Meals FTW!

"Well, I'm getting a burger, so," she gave him a handful of money. "Get whatever you like."

Ricky Rider
Mar 11th, 2009, 01:24:23 PM
And again, he was alone in the mall. Suddenly he felt like a child, reading the names off the various restaurants. Most were local places--that is, chains native to Spain--which he'd had very little contact with. He'd eaten Mexican food before, but wasn't stupid enough to think that Spanish food would be anywhere near the same. He approached one place with some trepidation. There was no line, so the cashier greeted him warmly in Spanish.

"Um...I...uh..." he stuttered.

Oddity
Mar 12th, 2009, 07:20:57 PM
Oddity had somehow managed to get in the shortest, fastest line, getting her food before Ricky had even decided on a restaurant. She watched him intently as he looked around, all lost like, finally picking a place where she herself had eaten before.

She bounced on over, looking over his shoulder at the cashier. "Did you get something yet?"

Ricky Rider
Mar 24th, 2009, 11:36:03 AM
"No," he grumbled. The dishes were displayed on a board with pictures to go with the names, all labeled with numbers. Ricky, feeling the mounting pressure of Oddity and the cashier (whether they meant to pressure him or not), stuttered out a number. "Two, uh, dos." The cashier smiled sympathetically and let Ricky read the total off the register. He counted out the money and handed it over, took his food and drink, then slunk off to find an out-of-the-way table.

Oddity
Mar 27th, 2009, 11:57:38 AM
She plunked herself down across from Ricky (who was still all scowly), opening her burger wrapper and spreading out her fries. Oddity picked up the crunchiest looking fry and popped it in her mouth, watching as he picked at his food.

"Don't be grumpy. You can have my toy if you want," she dangled a small plastic bag in front of him. "Spider-man!"

Ricky Rider
Apr 8th, 2009, 08:26:33 AM
He took it and set it down on the table a little more firmly than he meant to.

"So sick of Spain," he grumbled around his first spoonful of food. Whatever he'd picked, it wasn't at all to his liking. He swallowed the morsel with a pained expression forced another bite upon himself. "Are we ever going to go to America?"

Oddity
Apr 9th, 2009, 10:15:19 PM
"Yeah, probably soon. Feral will go, and check everything out, then we'll go over a little while later."

She pushed her tray a little bit closer to him, gesturing for him to help himself.

"If you don't like what you got, you can have some of mine."

Ricky Rider
Apr 13th, 2009, 10:24:33 AM
Ricky shook his head, still grimacing at his food. It was spicier than it'd seemed at first, and his face was pink. He ate a little faster, just trying to get it over with.

"Is he there now? I haven't seen him for days. I hope it's like you just said, I really do." He finally gave up on the food, though he was proud that he'd left very little of it on the plate. He pushed it aside and opened the toy from Oddity's meal, figuring he should show some appreciation. "Wonder how long he's gonna put up with me calling myself "Ricky". I haven't really got a good code name or whatever thought up."

Oddity
Apr 27th, 2009, 10:15:48 PM
"He probably is."

Oddity busied herself with arranging her french fries by crunchiness. "I don't think he really cares if you have a code-name or not. Sometimes your mutant name just comes to you, or like, someone else makes up one for you and it just sticks."

Ricky Rider
May 7th, 2009, 12:58:54 PM
He watched her sort the fries with a dubious expression. He ate in silence, and it seemed she had nothing more to offer at the moment. When only a quarter of the food remained he suddenly finished his drink and stood, throwing the garbage into a nearby bin. "Let's just go home. I'm tired."