PDA

View Full Version : Memories and Magazines

Trevor Smokey
Nov 22nd, 2008, 03:46:54 PM
Winter was setting in once again. It wasn't quite here yet, but the bitter chill of the morning could have fooled Trevor, who was finishing raking the fallen leaves in the churchyard. His teeth chattered every so often, the pale skin on his exposed face having turned almost blue.

It didn't felt like a year had passed. A year of being dead. Back then, it was a thought that would have send shivers up the Brit's spine, but now it was a comfortable reality. He had loved a much more peaceful life since his awakening. Tending to the church and training with Nikki. He was hardly tearing up the town, but he was peaceful, and content.

Finising up his last pile of leaves, he plucked the cigarette from his lips and exhaled heavily, before flicking onto the ground and stamping out the butt. He raked it into the pile, before hearing the soft sound of approaching footsteps and feeling the buzz in his head.

Nikoleta
Nov 23rd, 2008, 01:37:58 PM
"I bet Father Mathew is exceedingly grateful that you're raking the lawn." Nikoleta was her usual warm and cheery self, all though far more properly attired then her student. She had a on a double breast wool blend walker coat made of grey. Her neck was kept toasty by a handmade knitted red scarf.

"I'd like to point out that even though you may not die of a cold, you will still get one Trevor," she quipped playfully.

Trevor Smokey
Nov 24th, 2008, 07:22:42 AM
Trevor sniffed, wiping his nose with the back of his hand. His light jacket wasn't exactly doing a good job of keeping him warm.

"Yeah, well..." he started, tossing the rake on top of the leaf mountain, trying to think up some witty comeback. He failed, and resigned himself to blowing a raspberry at his mentor.

"Let's go in. I need tea..." he mumbled, plodding off back towards the church.

Nikoleta
Nov 24th, 2008, 10:00:39 AM
Nikoleta chuckled and caught up with her student. Her attention was mostly fixated upon the church and she sighed wistfully. "Can you believe it's been a year already?"

And she silently prayed that the next year would be better. Almost killing Brigid, stalking down a despicable Watcher, Kassandra returning, Fiona gone missing ... it was all too much to bare.

But then there was Trevor. He had been studious and safe here at the Church. Whatever dark dealings were veiling Chicago, he was fortunate to have stayed out of.

Trevor Smokey
Nov 24th, 2008, 10:27:12 AM
"Nope" he replied bluntly, pushing open the heavy door and holding it open for Nikki to enter. "Not exactly a huge amount of time though, all things considered."

It was, however, a long time to stay couped up in one place. However much it annoyed Trevor at times, there was good reason for this. Staying low long enough for the ordinary folk to forget him, and staying alive. It had given him time to settle in himself, and train in order to defend himself. He knew Nikki had been incredibly patient with regards to his slow progress, but he was now a solid swordsman at least.

They walked up the aisle of the church, passing a few silent patrons that had come to pray or converse with Father Matthew.

"How are things?" he asked softly, staying unspecific. He knew his mentor had had a hard time, but knew better than to get too involved in matters that didn't involve him without invitation.

Nikoleta
Nov 24th, 2008, 10:36:33 AM
"The season isn't greeting my family all too well in some cases," she replied, frowning darkly. Nikoleta had kept Trevor out of the loop until she had decided how to prove Brigid's theory that Kassandra was the link to Fiona's disappearance. When her rival arrived in town, Fiona had mentioned it to Nikoleta briefly, ensuring that things were under control. She had wanted to believe her old friend, but Kassandra never told you the entire truth, nor did she reveal her true motives. She was cagey that one.

"Brigid and I have grown close once again, but that good cheer has been sullied by Fiona gone missing as well you know."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 24th, 2008, 10:49:11 AM
Trevor nodded as the pair made their way into his home. He slung his jacket up on a hook, rubbing his hands together to try and generate some heat.

"Tea?" he called out as he disappeared into the kitchen. The place was untidy, as usual. With all the work around the church, Trev put off cleaning as much as he could.

Nikoleta
Nov 24th, 2008, 10:58:12 AM
Nikoleta rolled her eyes at the state of Trevor's home. Male bachelor pad came to mind as there was organized, and disorganized, clutter everywhere. Shoes and coats were hastily thrown by the front door, dirty dishes were carelessly left on the table top, and there was at least four week old dust covering everything.

"Yes," she replied, starting to tidy up the living room into a partially respectable place to talk with one's student. "That sounds ..."

While she was cleaning, it came as to no surprise that a young hot blooded male would own dirty magazines, Penthouse in Trevor's case. It's just that whom she saw caused her lack articulation, and she really didn't want to admit that she really just saw what she just saw!

Timidly, Nikoleta reached out and picked up the edge of the magazine by the corner, as if it were a dirty tissue, and watched in horror as the centerfold bulged opened. There was Brigid, naked, in all her glory.

Brigid was a daughter to her and this was the last thing she needed to see! "Where on Earth did that child's brain go!"

Trevor Smokey
Nov 24th, 2008, 11:07:58 AM
"Who!?" Trevor called back, raising his voice over the sounds of the boiling kettle.

His head popped around the doorframe, and instantly the Brit's eyes windened. He skittered into the main room, tripping on an empty cardboard box in the process. Bumbling past Nikki wildly, he snatched the publication from her hand, before crashing onto the ground face first.

He lay prone, his foot stuck in the ripped box, clutching the magazine to his chest and cursing himself for not tidying up.

"How much did you see?" he asked akwardly, wincing.

Nikoleta
Nov 25th, 2008, 11:14:13 AM
"Enough," she said coldly, glancing down at her student with a roll of the eyes. "I'm not sure whom I should be more disappointed in."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 25th, 2008, 11:52:53 AM
Trevor rolled over onto his back, still clutching the magazine.

"I haven't been...you know...she hasn't been my muse or anything!" he protested, looking up at Nikki. "I was just, like...curious?"

Nikoleta
Nov 26th, 2008, 01:38:10 PM
She grimaced, making a face at how disgusting that admission was. "The line between curiosity and fantasy is often blurred, Trevor."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 27th, 2008, 01:25:04 AM
Trevor shook his head defiantly, trying to defend what was left of his honour.

"Well you picked it up too. And that wasn't for kicks, was it?"

He clambered to his feet, kicking off the box and disappearing into his bedroom. When he emerged again, the magazine was gone. The kettle whistled loudly, and the Brit made his way back across to the kitchen.

"Now, do you want tea?"

Nikoleta
Nov 27th, 2008, 12:34:53 PM
Nikoleta had made herself comfortable on the couch, after removing a fork from underneath her derriere that had pricked her. She placed it on the table and nodded politely to Trevor. "Yes of course."

As her student poured, the Immortal leaned forward with shrewd smile. "I"m sorry for my reaction. I was just helping to tidy when I saw the magazine. I was more shocked at seeing Brigid and didn't mean to take it out on you."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 1st, 2008, 03:12:25 AM
"Forget it" the Brit replied as he made his way back into the room, cups in hand; a delicate teacup for Nikki, and a large, chunky mug for himself. He offered the prior to his mentor, and took a seat opposite her, taking a cautious sip of the drink as it steamed gently.

"No word on Fiona then?" he asked, returning the topic back to more important matters.

Nikoleta
Dec 4th, 2008, 12:30:39 PM
languid were her arms as she accepted the tea cup. "No", she replied, more irritated then upset. Nikoleta was sick with worry as to where Fiona had disappeared to. "None of my contacts have any information to her whereabouts. As far as I can ascertain, Michele was the last person to see her. Not surprisingly, the Vampires aren't being forthcoming. They have tight security measures at O'hare, and no one can confirm or deny Fiona made it to her flight out of spite. Yet her tickets were picked up. I found out that much."