PDA

View Full Version : Dasquian Belargic Must Die

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:20:46 PM
(..stealing s'Ils idea :mischief)

So, I have been kicking around an idea in my head for a while now about a plot where-in Dasquian is killed - not just arbitrarily of course, but as part of a larger arc, in an attempt to do some greater good for the Rebellion.

Thoughts?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:25:41 PM
I vote yes. It would be awful to be sure, but would lend a lot of depth to what we have here. Plus, the reaction from Grace would make for some powerful reading. Course, it's all dependent on what sort of arc you have in mind.

Sudoku
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:42:11 PM
Apparently, lots of people want you dead >_>;

I agree with s'il. It would be interesting reading.

The Message
Nov 16th, 2008, 04:58:40 PM
I think with the amount of love and care most of us have in our characters killing them one off for the sake of story is something darkly exciting. Not to mention anything significant changing in a universe that remains more or less static is a fun thought.;)

Razielle Alastor
Nov 16th, 2008, 07:35:33 PM
All ways here are my ways. Off with his rebel head.:D

Captain Untouchable
Nov 16th, 2008, 07:42:52 PM
I voted yes, but I guess it really depends on how you plan to have it happen. Are you planning a James T. Kirk style blaze of glory, dealing a decisive blow to the Empire along the way and earning yourself a place in the history books? Or are you leaning more towards a self-saccrificing and unexpected demise, like Data in ST: Nemesis?

Killing off a main character always makes for compelling reading/viewing, but it usually works better if it's done tastefully. For someone as prominant in the Alliance as Dasquian, a hero's death might seem more appropriate, but it might resonate better if there is no sense of closure - his death being yet another tragedy at the hands of the Empire, rather than a self-saccrificing blow against them made by the Rebels.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 16th, 2008, 07:45:33 PM
I don't think there would be much closure in the way that I'm imagining him dying, no.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 16th, 2008, 09:56:44 PM
I voted yes because it would be nice to have some actual characters in danger, but I don't really want him to die. :(

Rossos Atrapes
Nov 16th, 2008, 10:12:07 PM
Killing off a main character always makes for compelling reading/viewing, but it usually works better if it's done tastefully.

Well said; and I agree most vociferously about the least amount of closure in this death as well. There are few things as final and as jarring as death; and in narratives as well, whether in film, television, or in novel or writing, the idea that the heroes can always win (frequently on their own terms with little sacrifice, or sacrifice that the audience doesn't really connect with) lends a stale air to the whole narrative, and lessens the impact of the ending victory. (I agree with Harrison Ford that Han Solo should have died at the end of The Empire Strikes Back to further impress how dangerous the Empire was in the sacrifice of someone the audience knows and likes.)

Grace Van-Derveld
Nov 17th, 2008, 01:40:46 AM
.... :mad :( :cry :verymad

Blade Bacquin
Nov 17th, 2008, 11:47:15 AM
Here is a surprising vote by a bad guy. I vote no.

I just don't see how this moves anything forward if anything it hinders the rebels. One dead man can mean allot ina war especially if that man has done allot to move them forward such as dasq. He is valuable to the rebels his death might even cause a rift which would not be a good thing.

But this is just what I see.

Aurelias Kazaar
Nov 17th, 2008, 01:44:52 PM
There's a way to show how 'dangerous' the enemy is without killing someone. Having them get hurt or scarred works too. But in the end it is up to you.

Plus dealing 'blows' can be done without a main character dying too. But like I said, it's up to you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 17th, 2008, 03:32:02 PM
Maimed works for me. Maybe he just wishes he was dead.

Karl Valten
Nov 17th, 2008, 03:41:34 PM
Give him a week with the Inquisition

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 24th, 2008, 06:51:51 PM
11 to 8... it's a close call. Dasquian's life hangs in the balance, who knows which way the scales will tip? :mischief

I mean :uhoh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 24th, 2008, 07:21:41 PM
If you give him to the Inquisitors, I foresee a future full of prosthetics. Very full.

Dragon
Nov 24th, 2008, 08:19:59 PM
I'm sorry. We did everything we could, but we weren't able to save his his sense of proportion, his sense of social propriety, or his sense of comedic timing.

We can fit him with prosthetics. But he'll never be the same.

Karl Valten
Nov 24th, 2008, 08:33:45 PM
If you give him to the Inquisitors, I foresee a future full of prosthetics. Very full.

Whhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :angel

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 24th, 2008, 10:00:06 PM
Oh you know :p

Hee, the Six Million Credit Rebel. Oh I kill myself :lol

Grace Van-Derveld
Nov 25th, 2008, 12:47:54 AM
You people are pathetic excuses for higher functioning beings for wanting a man to die :mad

Karl Valten
Nov 25th, 2008, 12:55:21 AM
You people are pathetic excuses for higher functioning beings for wanting a man to die :mad

Seeeee, this is why prosthetics are nice. We at the Inquisition would put him back together after we killed him. Granted he'd be a mindless drone.......but at least we put him back together......right?

Yeah that's what I thought. Makes perfect sense.

Tear
Nov 25th, 2008, 02:30:40 AM
Just like humpty dumpty

Park Kraken
Nov 25th, 2008, 03:34:39 AM
So, I have been kicking around an idea in my head for a while now about a plot where-in Dasquian is killed - not just arbitrarily of course, but as part of a larger arc, in an attempt to do some greater good for the Rebellion.

Thoughts?

Your going to regret it, sooner or later. I sorta regretted killing off my two main characters on TRF. Sorta, but not really.

But hey, go for it! One less Rebel to worry about.

Executor Van-Derveld
Nov 25th, 2008, 04:01:54 AM

You're thinking of the wrong character :mneh

Grace Van-Derveld
Nov 25th, 2008, 10:27:23 AM
:x

:shootin go away!

Sorsha Kasajian
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:45:51 PM
No!!! Not Allowed!!!

Nya Halcyon
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:47:06 PM
I think it's a bit too late for that now... unless a miracle happens and the Rebs swoop in to save him....

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:48:29 PM
Five rebels against hundreds of Stormtroopers and hundreds more civilians baying for blood?

The odds aren't in their favour :mneh

Sorsha Kasajian
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:50:16 PM
it really depends if John Woo (or Kurt Wimmer) is directing. ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2009, 03:51:38 PM
I haven't seen any doves flying nearby, so I don't think he's involved :mneh

Estelle Russard
Jan 24th, 2009, 04:32:18 PM
I voted No, and PMd you my idea a while back.

I just am not a fan of killing off characters. I prefer the term.."storage" :p

Tear
Jan 24th, 2009, 08:44:00 PM

LOL I never actually noticed that until you just mentioned it but that's so true.

Julian Davitt
Jan 24th, 2009, 08:50:55 PM

LOL I never actually noticed that until you just mentioned it but that's so true.

Isn't that a reference to Daniel Tosh as well?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2009, 08:52:22 PM
Is it? All I know is that whenever a gunfight goes down, you can be sure that there will be a dove somewhere, fleeing for safety.

Rossos Atrapes
Jan 25th, 2009, 01:10:40 AM
The John Woo reference is at 4.10:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiBM5qdFk8U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yiBM5qdFk8U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 25th, 2009, 09:20:08 AM
there should have been doves in Moff Tarkin's office during the lightsaber fight XD We did have the suits on :cool: