PDA

View Full Version : cheese

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:05:25 PM
I enjoy cheese. do you??> what kind of cheese? :huh

The Message
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:09:15 PM
I had some with crackers not 15minutes ago! Cheddar.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:11:52 PM
UK cheese.. I approve, good chap.

Cat X
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:13:23 PM
What's this, a Wallace and Gromit RPG now?

"NO cheese Gromit! What will we dooooo?"

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:16:25 PM
Mmmmmm wensleydale :yum

JMK
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:22:16 PM
Drunken goat. Guinness cheddar.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:23:11 PM
GUINESS cheddar? What?!

Cat X
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:36:19 PM
Gromit would never have guiness. He would have a good cup of tea

Peter McCoy
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:37:30 PM
I love a bit of Stilton on some crackers. Not many people seem to like it - whenever I'm at a party and there's a buffet - I'm the only one who goes for it, so I get it all :)

And I thought I'd share this, one of my favourite clips from Whose Line Is It Anyway: Cheese

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RZSnJlMAPg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3RZSnJlMAPg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:39:05 PM
You lucky bugger!

Duilio Vittore
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:43:37 PM
I'd have to say, goat cheese, smoked gouda, and a two year old aged cheddar does nicely for me.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:45:11 PM
Goats cheese omelette :yum I had a lot of goats cheese in France. good stuff.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:45:28 PM
I love cheese. All sorts. Brie, Gouda, muenster, cheddar in all of its variations (smoked = :yum) Monterey jack, mozzarella...

I've even come around to blue cheese recently. I haven't met a cheese I don't like.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:46:21 PM
Is there anything that cheese doesn't make better?

Duilio Vittore
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:47:11 PM
I haven't met a cheese I don't like.

I have! Sheep's milk feta with a high moisture content. Or maybe just sheeps milk feta in general? I've only had it once.

Mitch
Oct 28th, 2008, 07:01:44 PM
I have a great fondness for Tillamook brand sharp cheddar cheese. And, it is not available in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I am saddened by this, and the quality of my sandwiches has declined thusly.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 28th, 2008, 07:04:25 PM
I like Brie and Colby Jack cheese. Swiss is good for my sandwich

Did you know the new white man loves cheese? You give the meanest white man a piece of cheese and he turns into Mr. Rogers.
--Grandad, The Boondocks.

Couldn't resist.

Sanis Prent
Oct 28th, 2008, 07:40:45 PM
Christin is lactose intolerant so I have to eat enough cheese for the both of us.

In the fridge right now, I have:

10 year aged sharp New York cheddar
10 year cave-aged Swiss Grüyere
Parmigiano-Reggiano
Mozzarella di Bufala
Manchego
Drunken Goat
Crumbled Feta
Grated taco cheese (hell if I know)
Four cheese grated pizza blend (skim mozz, asiago, parmesan, and romano)

I have! Sheep's milk feta with a high moisture content. Or maybe just sheeps milk feta in general? I've only had it once.

Feta by definition is made with sheep's milk. Are you referring to Danish imitation feta?

Anita Stern
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:20:11 PM
Christin is lactose intolerant so I have to eat enough cheese for the both of us.

In the fridge right now, I have:

10 year aged sharp New York cheddar
10 year cave-aged Swiss Grüyere
Parmigiano-Reggiano
Mozzarella di Bufala
Manchego
Drunken Goat
Crumbled Feta
Grated taco cheese (hell if I know)
Four cheese grated pizza blend (skim mozz, asiago, parmesan, and romano)

Feta by definition is made with sheep's milk. Are you referring to Danish imitation feta?

Most cheeses, by definition, were originally made with sheep, goat or buffalo milk. No, I'm referring to sheep feta. But it was a long time ago. Maybe my tastes at the time didn't extend to that.

Sanis Prent
Oct 28th, 2008, 08:41:05 PM
Most cheeses, by definition, were originally made with sheep, goat or buffalo milk. No, I'm referring to sheep feta. But it was a long time ago. Maybe my tastes at the time didn't extend to that.

Feta is a funny case example, because Greek lobbying has pushed the European Union to be fairly strict about what actually can be called Feta cheese.

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 28th, 2008, 09:39:34 PM

Ah-ha, my no-dairy friend! :D

I still eat cheese, I just take pills before to minimize the disgusting grossness/near death reaction afterward. It is worth it.

Grilled havarti-and-avocado sammich, mmm. :D

Cat X
Oct 28th, 2008, 10:11:30 PM
Ah-ha, my no-dairy friend! :D

I still eat cheese, I just take pills before to minimize the disgusting grossness/near death reaction afterward. It is worth it.

Grilled havarti-and-avocado sammich, mmm. :D

I just dry heaved for real. Grilled cheese and avacado????? That's just like adding Vegemite to chocolate.

Mandy with an I
Oct 28th, 2008, 10:38:16 PM
Marble cheese melted over fries, with bacon, green onion and sour cream.

Too much dairy makes me sick to my stomach, but I still eat it >_>;

Sanis Prent
Oct 28th, 2008, 11:15:05 PM
I just dry heaved for real. Grilled cheese and avacado????? That's just like adding Vegemite to chocolate.

Certain cheeses do well with avocado. I like anything that's a pretty hard and flavorful cheese. On my honeymoon, I made an omelette with bacon, shallots, avocado, spinach, and a few splashes of lime juice. That was topped with fine grated manchego, which is a very dry goat cheese with a really light flavor. It paired very well with the richness of avocado and the fruitiness of the lime juice.

Cat X
Oct 28th, 2008, 11:40:40 PM

Certain cheeses do well with avocado. I like anything that's a pretty hard and flavorful cheese. On my honeymoon, I made an omelette with bacon, shallots, avocado, spinach, and a few splashes of lime juice. That was topped with fine grated manchego, which is a very dry goat cheese with a really light flavor. It paired very well with the richness of avocado and the fruitiness of the lime juice.

Avacado flat out makes me heave.

Stig loves it to bits.

Go figure.

Chartis
Oct 30th, 2008, 09:24:33 PM
Stig has great taste. It is so healthy for you and yum yum yummy.

Sanis Prent
Oct 30th, 2008, 11:20:58 PM
I find a lot of people who don't dig avocado are pretty much just put off by guacamole, rather than avocado specifically. Have you had it that way? There's a pretty simple garlic & potato roux soup from Ecuador called Sopa Lorca that gets topped off with avocado slices. It's a pretty simple dish as far as flavor profiles, but it's a real comfort food.

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 31st, 2008, 12:43:22 AM
I need to try this Sopa Lorca immediately. Charley, you and Christin get on the next plane. We'll ready the spare bedroom, and prep the kitchen so you can make it.