PDA

View Full Version : Ian McDiarmid

Darth McBain
Oct 24th, 2008, 09:07:14 AM
Just saw this on IMDB...

Star Wars actor Ian McDiarmid suffered a suspected heart attack while on stage
in London's West End - but insisted on finishing his opening night debut.

McDiarmid suffered from dizzy spells during his performance in Luigi Pirandello's Six Characters in Search of an Author on Wednesday night.

But the star - who played Emperor Palpatine in the Star Wars franchise - continued until the play's final curtain call before being taken to hospital.

A spokeswoman for the play at the Gielgud Theatre says, .I think he had dizzy spells or something. He did the curtain call and he felt not quite there.

.The doctor saw him and said, 'Why don't you rest for a few days?' There was a very rigorous technical rehearsal period up to that point. The show had been in Chichester (before it transferred to London) and everything..

McDiarmid is expected to continue in Six Characters in Search of an Author until the run ends on 2 November.

Get better Ian!!!

Peter McCoy
Oct 24th, 2008, 05:13:08 PM
What a superstar. Suspected heart attack, and the show went on!

UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!

Sanis Prent
Oct 24th, 2008, 11:51:04 PM
Oh, I'm afraid that my pacemaker will be quite operational when the paramedics arrive...>D

Rutabaga
Oct 25th, 2008, 01:18:56 PM
Wow! That was a risky thing to do, so I'm glad it looks like he's going to be okay!

JMK
Oct 28th, 2008, 06:13:52 PM
Oh, I'm afraid that my pacemaker will be quite operational when the paramedics arrive...>D

LMFAO - by far the funniest thing I've read in October. :lol

Darth McBain
Oct 29th, 2008, 09:58:58 AM
LOL - yeah, that was simply AWESOME Sanis!!! :lol

Daiquiri
Nov 18th, 2008, 08:35:57 AM
lmao, charlie - perfect!!

Estelle Russard
Nov 18th, 2008, 08:15:40 PM
I have to agree with the above, that was really too, too funny Charley :lol

And thats quite some dedication from McDiarmid.