Once you've had a taste of it there's no going back

Whatever I do I'm under the influence of you
Whatever I do I'm under the influence of you*

Detroit had almost turned into a powder keg thanks to a misunderstanding on Wolf Bane's part, but once nerves were settled and explanations were handed out, the violence didn't escalate further. Unfortunately, they were short on time to go into too many details because of what was happening back home.

Fiona was gone and Michele was being manipulated by a very powerful, and ancient, Immortal. They canceled the show at the Labyrinth and headed back home within the hour. It had taken five to enter the city limits.

The first part of the plan was to speak to Brigid's mentor, Nikoleta. Given that she was the second oldest Immortal in the city, she would be instrumental in saving Michele in case a fight broke out.

At Brigid's request, the Band waited downstairs in the lobby and she took Nara into the elevator. The Garou fussed at her hair and straightened her clothes repeatedly as they ascended to the penthouse.

*by James Morrison

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 18th, 2008, 07:50:33 AM
:: Brigid smirked, trying not to chuckle at the preening ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 18th, 2008, 07:55:04 AM
Nara scratched at her temple, trying to act cool and not nervous as all hell. Meeting an Immortal older then Brigid and Fiona was bad enough, but she was meeting the woman who Brigid called 'Mom'. And this was the first time she was ever taken home to meet anyone's parents.

Before Brigid, the Fury had no long term relationships to speak of before or after her first change. They were usually one night stands, or only some companionship that lasted for what little time she had been in town before moving on to the next gig in the next city.

"I look ok?" She finally ask while picking lint out of her army green t-shirt.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 18th, 2008, 08:02:35 AM
:: She held Nara's face, gripping her ears playfully as she leaned close ::

"You're beautiful." :D

:: It was rare for Brigid to be so girlish, but the look in her eyes was clear to Nara. The Immortal was madly in love with her ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 18th, 2008, 08:18:56 AM
A wide toothy grin spread across the Fury's face, but it quickly vanished once the elevator stopped and the doors opened. She cleared her throat and fell in line behind Brigid so she could fix her hair one last time.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 18th, 2008, 08:25:21 AM
:: Brigid paused at the door for a moment as she felt the buzz. Sometimes it could be more intense when it emanated from older Immortals. Then she rang the doorbell ::

Rod Stafford
Oct 19th, 2008, 06:23:17 PM
A moment passed, there were murmurs and a soft ringing laughter, then the door opened. Rod appeared before the women with the remnants of a grin clinging happily to his face, his eyes were soft, and his hair unkempt where treacherous dark locks had sprouted during the course of a busy day. He wore his work clothes with disregard; a white shirt, the sleeves callously rolled to the elbow, hung untucked and creased over a pair of slack charcoal trousers which, due to his lack of appropriate footwear, crumpled upon the hardwood floor but not enough to hide a pair of bold Union Jack socks. He regarded the women, the warm light from inside splashed against their skin and the rich smell of simmering tomato spilled into the hall, his eyes fell on the woman in army green and they filled with curiosity.

"I know you!"

Nara McKenna
Nov 22nd, 2008, 12:09:04 PM
Brown eyes grew wide with recognition. "Rod!"

A pleasant smile fell against her features in seeing the Mage once again. She was genuinely happy to see him well since their ordeal with the Black Spiral Dancers months prior. In fact, she was so happy to see him she didn't bother asking why the strange coincidence of them both being here to meet the Ancient Immortal. "You look ragged, but good," she said, teasingly.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 22nd, 2008, 12:12:47 PM
:: Brigid looked back and forth between the two. She wondered how they knew eachother, and wondered even more what he was doing here ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 26th, 2008, 02:29:37 PM
"Well, so do you," he said brightly, then quickly added: "Without the ragged bit, though."

He smiled, feeling a little sheepish. His eyes narrowed in thought for the briefest of moments while he gauged the woman then he snapped his fingers.

"Nara, isn't it? Good to see you again."

He extended his hand, and although his tone was jovial, in his gaze burned a secret knowing and inexpressible gratitude.

Nara McKenna
Nov 26th, 2008, 03:45:11 PM
Nara clasped his hand and placed her free one over their grip. She barely nodded, but her eyes shone with understanding and thanks of her own. "I'm glad you're ok. Brigid?"

The Fury turned toward her lover with a sad smile. "Don't worry. He's ok. This is Rod. A friend of Fiona's ..."

She trailed off, not having the heart to explain what happened to her just yet.

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 5th, 2008, 10:07:33 AM
:: Brigid forced a socialable wave as she peeked over Rod's shoulder impatiently ::

Rod Stafford
Dec 10th, 2008, 12:00:31 PM
The eagerness was etched into Brigid's face and her smile made her look anxious. When Rod caught her glancing over his shoulder, he realised a werewolf wouldn't happen upon the home of an immortal by chance. His eyes remained fixed upon the women but his senses rushed over them like magical river rapids. He thought about Nikoleta watching over the pasta in the kitchen and the blade concealed by Nara's friend. His hands plunged deep into his pockets.

"So... are you here to see Nikki?"

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 11th, 2008, 09:31:50 AM
"Yeah."

:: She stepped back and leaned against the wall in the hallway. ::

Nara McKenna
Dec 11th, 2008, 09:33:56 AM
The Garou nodded and gave an apologetic smile as Brigid entered without an invitation. "It's kinda urgent.

Rod Stafford
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:16:02 AM
"Oi! This isn't a free house, love!" he barked, and pursued the intruder.

"Nikki! You have visitors!"

His voice carried across the apartment and at the same time, a chair toppled over at Brigid's feet.

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:22:01 AM
:: Brigid gave him an odd stare as she canted her head to one side and took a seat. The guy was strange, but it was obvious why Mom kept him around. Rod was hot ::

Nara McKenna
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:28:53 AM
The Garou stifled a chuckle as she entered the apartment in good manners. Of course, that was short lived. Her face contorted into a shallow scowl when she noticed Brigid's eyes had turned appreciative towards Rod, but due to the urgency of this meeting, Nara growled her insecurities away and sat down next to her lover on the couch.

Nikoleta
Dec 11th, 2008, 10:53:23 AM
Nikoleta wasted little time in greeting her visitors. She already knew one of them was an Immortal by the familiar buzz at the back of her head. Full of good cheer, she entered the living room and smiled warmly seeing that it was Brigid and the girl who had to be Nara.

"This is a delightful surprise!" The Immortal had finished wiping off her now clean hands and flung the kitchen towel over her shoulder. The sleeveless neck top she wore was white, but it looked as if Nikoleta had a fight with one too many tomatoes for the pasta sauce.

"I would have made more if I knew you two were coming."

Rod Stafford
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:01:00 AM
Rod's arms unfolded and his shoulders dipped, at the sight of Nikoleta's smiling face he allowed the tension to unravel from his body and retrieved the glass of bourbon from the mantlepiece. He drank and watched the women exchange greetings from over the rim of his glass.

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:03:38 AM
:: Brigid hopped up and wrapped her arms around Nikoleta like a long lost child, not caring about her pride for the moment ::

Nikoleta
Dec 11th, 2008, 11:10:34 AM
Nikoleta was momentarily stunned. This was the first time Brigid actually hugged her in public. She returned it and noticed that Nara had found something exceedingly interesting on the wall, and the Immortal highly doubted she was a fan of Monet's Waterlillies. That aside, this girl had to be something special in order for Brigid to show an open display of affection like this.

She pulled back and cleared her throat, waiting for proper introductions to be made before Brigid claimed that Mom was embarrassing her.

Brigid Cassidy
Feb 17th, 2009, 01:57:04 PM
:: Brigid reached behind her to fish for Nara's hand, then turned and fetched her, pulling her up to her side to introduce her properly ::

"Mom ..." she gushed with uncharactistic giddiness. :D

"This is Nara. My Girlfriend." :love

Nara McKenna
Feb 20th, 2009, 01:31:22 PM
Nara blushed and it pissed her off, because she had never been so damn nervous in all of her life as she was shoved forward into the scrutinizing eyes of Brigid's Mother.

"Uh, hi?" she managed to eek out before looking away in embarrassment, finding it more interesting to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear then continue making eye contact with this really old and powerful Immortal that could kick her ass if she did one wrong thing to her Daughter.

Nikoleta
Feb 20th, 2009, 01:38:20 PM
Nikoleta smiled warmly and took the young Garou into an embrace. "Nara! For heaven's sake! Relax! I'm not going to bite!"

She felt a tiny shutter in her arms. A giggle perhaps from the girl?

Pulling Nara away, the ancient Immortal stared into brown orbs that could not be mistaken as Eoen's come back to life. This young pup had a potent legacy to live up to and from what Brigid had said to her in passing, it wasn't something that Nara liked being brought up. The Fury was proud of her heritage but she didn't like having to be reminded of it constantly. She was more of a individual that liked to prove her worth instead of it being handed to her.

"Come and sit!" She wrapped an arm around both girls and led them to the couch, forcing them to sit with Nikoleta being in the middle. "Now what do Rod and I owe this special visit?"

She stole glance over at Brigid with a knowing look that this meeting was more then just a meet and greet the new girlfriend. The was an unspoken urgency laying underneath the genuine love felt between the two women beside her.

Brigid Cassidy
Feb 21st, 2009, 09:19:11 AM
:: Brigid took a deep breath. There was no gentle way for the shoe to drop ::

"Did you know Kassandra's in town?"

Nikoleta
Feb 28th, 2009, 09:53:09 AM
Nikoleta's jovial expression grew exceptionally dark rather quickly. "Unfortunately, yes. I've heard Mason is in town. After a little digging, I found out that his Mistress wasn't too far behind."

Brigid Cassidy
Feb 28th, 2009, 10:46:40 AM
"Oh it get's better." she growled. "She's taken Michele under her wing and there's still no sign of Fiona anywhere. I swear to fucking god, if ..."

:: she broke off her words with clenched teeth, and her eyes were full of rage ::

Rod Stafford
Feb 28th, 2009, 11:03:28 AM
"Wait a minute," Rod interjected, he stepped away from the mantlepiece and fixed his gaze on this Brigid person, "How long has Fiona been missing?"

Brigid Cassidy
Mar 2nd, 2009, 11:04:59 AM
"I've been on the road, so over a month. Maybe longer."

:: She didn't like the the folks on the homefront had no idea. She got up, unable to sit still a moment longer ::

"What's worse is Michele. She's taken Kassandra in with open arms."