PDA

View Full Version : Crash & Burn

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 15th, 2008, 06:54:50 PM
:: Brigid left Chicago behind her as quickly as she rolled in. Michele had really turned on her, and it was better to lick the wounds where no one could see. Now she was in Detroit, and inside her hotel room, she wrapped her arms around herself and let out all the pain ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2008, 07:09:49 PM
I watched the sun come up on Portland
I waved goodbye to all my friends
I packed my car and headed to LA
I gave away all my loose ends

Somebody said you gotta get away
To wanna go back home again
I left my universe standing there
Holding the hand of my best friend

And it's laughter that I feel when I think of you
It's one more dusty rose about to turn
I'll see you when I reach New Mexico
If I'm in the mood to crash and burn

I wrote a letter that I never mailed
I rehearsed a dialogue in my head
In case you ever wanted to track me down
I'll take my cell phone to bed

And it's laughter that I hear when I close my eyes
And it's one more punchline I forgot to learn
I call you up when my bottle's dry
I'm on my way to crash and burn

Antigone laid across the road
And let a mack truck leave her there for dead
Just because her lover split the scene
Well love might be great but why lose your head

Well, it's laughter that comes up when I cry for you
And my heart may break again before it learns
And I might be stupid enough to want to fall again
Cause I've gotten use to the crash and burn
I say I've gotten use to the crash and burn

Crash and burn
Crash Crash
Crash and burn*

Life was full of coincidences and Nara was clueless that only three blocks away, Brigid was balling on the floor of her hotel room. But Brigid was the last thing on her mind as of late. Her life was full of music again. Like old times before Chicago. Before the Black Spirals. Before the Immortals making her life complicated. Now it was sleeping in late, shopping during the day, music at night, and partying into the wee hours of the morning.

Nothing could be better.

Nara stretched out and worked out the kinks. It felt wonderful and soon a pillow was thrown across the room into the other bed. "Vic wake up."

She heard the mumbling protests and smirk before falling towards the ground and into a push up. "Come on. It's after one. I wanna get some new clothes for our gig tonight."

Something that resembled a 'yeah' filtered out under the covers but nothing stirred.

"If I get to fifty and you're not out yet, I'm comin' for ya." Again, nothing stirred and it went that way for the next forty-five push ups.

"46 ..." The Fury peeked over the bed as she came up and saw just a lump.

"47 ..." The same.

"48..." Still the same but Nara had shifted into Crinos form.

"49 ..." Came the growl as her features shifted further lupine.

When 50 never came, Vicki pulled the covers down in a sleepy haze just to get a tail in the face before Nara pounced on her, nipping and licking playfully to force her kinfolk awake. "Dammit Nara!!! Ok!!! OK!!!! YOU WIN!!!!"

A triumphant lupus padded to the edge of the bed and sat in victory, looking so ever innocent.

*By Sheryl Crow

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 15th, 2008, 07:14:13 PM
:: Her growling stomach woke her up a few hours later, and she washed her face before stepping out. She avoided looking in the mirror, or in windows. She just walked towards the nearest cooking smell as she watched her feet ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2008, 07:24:40 PM
Only Kevin decided to join the girls for lunch. Ethan and Paul wanted to restock the mini fridges with more food then Kevin wanted, but they tried to impress upon the boisterous drummer that alcohol was not part of the food pyramid.

"So girlies?"

Nara elbowed him in the gut, harder then usual, which prompted a giggle from Vicki.

He coughed, rubbed his stomach and fumbled for a come back. "So ... ladies?" Kevin winced and brought up his arms defensively, but the blow didn't come. "I"m starving, even after the love tap. Where we goin' to stuff our faces."

"Not sure. Don't care. Long as it isn't Taco Bell or McDonald's." Nara raised her brows with a smirk towards Kevin. "How can you eat that stuff. I mean, you have no idea what that stuff smells like. I could ..."

"NO!" He shouted much louder then intended, but he knew that if Nara were to continue, her detailed account of how long the food was frozen for and just how much fat content was clinging to the meat in the form of grease. Hell, sometimes she could smell the people who touched it or bugs!!! "Just don't. Please!"

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 15th, 2008, 07:34:20 PM
"Just don't. Please!"

:: Brigid looked up, and across the street towards the sound of the voice, and she was trapped between wanting to call out or hide. Reflexivley, she stepped inside the diner before she was spotted. She probably looked as bad as she felt ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2008, 07:37:56 PM
Trying to save the conversation from becoming gross, Vicki started to steer her friends towards a familiar stomping ground. "Why don't we just go to Lila's? We love it, they know us, it's convenient and cheap."

"With good food," said Nara, chiming in.

Even Kevin had to agree. "Lila's it is!"

The trio crossed the street and headed into the diner.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 15th, 2008, 07:43:22 PM
:: Brigid was already nursing a coffee, and her heart began to race as the gang entered soon after her. It led her here, but she wasn't ready ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2008, 07:51:52 PM
Nara slid into their usual corner booth, propping a leg up on the cushions and scoped out the area. Vicki took up a position between her two friends in case they started acting up, just like a good mother.

Kevin already had a straw hanging between his lips and was bouncing it up and down while debating menu items, "We unveiling our new song tonight? Or it not finished still?"

"Not sure yet," answered an oddly calm Nara. The hairs on the back of her neck were standing on edge, but she couldn't fathom why. She felt no danger. No sense of Changers or anyone touched by the Veil. Just something was out of sorts.

"Still?" whined Kevin. "That song is tight and I love the beat to it. You gotta play it some time."

"When I'm ready." Which meant back off. The song she wrote was personal. Something that needed to be let out due to Chicago. It was a cathartic release of anger and pain that was shared with just the band so far. It was too soon to share with the rest of the world.

Her eyes drifted up to Stacey, their waitress, who already had a pot of coffee for the group, a coke for Kevin, and a glass of water with lemon for Vicki. The Garou's lip turned into a comforting smile, almost happy to be surrounded by the familiar again.

"So, you're missing two. They still asleep huh?" She asked with a knowing wink. The antics of the Band were always a topic of conversation around this neck of the woods. Mostly it was bar hopping and dancing, but every now and then you'd get a Kevin doing something stupid, like stripping on stage ...

Wolf Bane
Oct 16th, 2008, 06:49:54 PM
He had been posing as a dog since he followed Brigid to Detroit. He wasn't exactly sure on the last time he had been to this city but he knew it was one of his least favorite cities in the US. Detroit always smelled of wyrm tainted to him, maybe it was the over abundance of automobiles or maybe it was gang banger wannabe's that thrived in this city. All he knew is he didn't like the smell of it.

He had followed Brigid to a Diner but he hadn't entered yet. Something told him that they wouldn't let a scraggily dog just enter a diner so he darted off down an ally way to find a nice dumpster to hide behind so he could change. As he shifted back into human form the small saddle bag he was carrying fell off. He quickly reached into it and grabbed his clothing out which was his normal wife beater shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of shoes. Luckily before he left Chicago he was able to get a shower and wash his clothing or else they would still smell like garbage.

He then walked his way out of the ally and into the diner. However once he was in the diner he slinked into the closest unoccupied booth. He didn't want Brigid to be altered to his presence. She would probably kill him if she knew he was keeping an eye on her to make sure she didn't slip over the edge. A waitress then walked up to him and handed him a menu and asked if he would like anything to drink.

"Water please."

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 07:57:44 AM
:: Keeping her back to the gang, she was able to see them in the mirror on the wall behind the bar. In her present state of emotion, she hadn't noticed Wolf tailing her at all ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 09:19:49 AM
Stacey returned with their drinks and poured out the first cup of coffee for Nara. "What'll it be for ya guys today?"

Kevin chimed in right away. "Chicken fiesta omelet and a side of pancakes. Oh! And some cheesecake."

"I'll just have the fruit platter and some cottage cheese." Which was the usual for Vicki.

Nara looked up at the waitress with a grin, "The usual."

"Extra rare?"

The Garou nodded and Stacey just shook her head. "Surprised you've not gotten sick girl with the amount of red meat you consume."

She chuckled while jotting down some notes on the order and left to go fill it.

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 09:40:08 AM
Wolf looked up over the menu at brigid so far everything seemed well. However she seemed to be trying to avoid contact with something that was out of his sight range. The waitress soon came over to him handing him his glass of water and asking if he was ready to order.

"Bring me a steak, extra rare but not frozen."

She gave him a weird look like but wrote it down anyway. Then she asked if he wanted anything else with that.

"Nope just the steak."

She walked away shaking her head. He was pretty sure he heard mumble something about getting sued for food poisoning. Wolf sniffed the air to try and figure out if he could pin point what Brigid was avoiding. He smelled humans mostly, but there was someone else here a female garou.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 09:51:58 AM
:: Brigid suddenly tried to avoid eye contact with Nara's reflection, but there it was, looking straight at her from where she sat ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 10:05:32 AM
Kevin was rattling on about the set they were gonna play tonight at The Labyrinth. He wanted to make sure that the song list was correct and was making notes in his napkin. Only Vicki sensed the sudden change in Nara's demeanor. She realized that the playful nature that Nara presented was only due to the pain that she was denying herself. The Band embraced this change, so it was quite odd to see her friend shift back to her usual quiet self.

"Nara?" She leaned forward and saw the Garou's face stiffen with pain and anger. She looked more like a statue then anything else and barely noticed her chest rise to breathe. Vicki knew this look all too well. Something spooked her and the keyboardist wondered if the Spirals had finally caught up with them. "Nara what is it?"

Nara didn't answer, but her face contorted in debate as to whether or not she should get up. She didn't know what to feel. Part of her wanted to kick the table away and throttle Brigid right here, right now! But then there was the part of her that wanted to just bolt out the door, hop on her motorcycle, and get the hell out of here.

"Uh, Vic?" Kevin tapped her shoulder when he saw the source of the issue.

Vicki followed his line of sight, gasping when she recognized Brigid sitting in the booth next to them and blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "How dare you come here!"

The sudden commotion caught the ears of the other patrons and all eyes drifted towards the back of the diner.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 10:12:02 AM
:: Brigid cursed under her breath at the unwanted attention. She decided to slap some money on the table and split. What the hell was she thinking, that she was going to be forgiven? She chided herself and walked out as fast as she could ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 10:24:15 AM
Nara tensed, ready to bolt but Vicki placed a hand in front of her. "Let her go. She's sneaking around for who knows how long."

"Aw come on Vicki. Up ta Nara if she wants to talk ta her."

"You need to shut up. You're the one that started this in the first place."

"Oh don't even! Not my fault at all! Brigid shouldn't of done that without talking to Nara! Don't blame me for pointing the pictures out!"

"You're such a pig. You know that?"

The glasses rattled with the force of Nara's fist against the table. "Shut. Up. Both of you."

Quickly the two Kinfolk hushed and sunk into the booth, pretending that the salt and pepper shaker were interested as Nara continued to sit there, struggling with what to do. All she ever wanted was Brigid to be honest with her, and even that was too much to ask....

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 10:34:02 AM
(OUTSIDE)

:: Brigid walked out onto the street, and was promptly struck by an SUV that sped through the red light. She flew head over heels, and everything went black as she hit the ground with a painful crunch ::

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 10:39:02 AM
Wolf heard it all go down, so chick possibly kinfolk from the smell had yelled at Brigid. The next thing he knew brigid bolted from the diner. Dam lunch was going to have to wait he thought to himself. He gulped down his water fast and stood up.

He sent a glare across the room at the woman that he heard shouting at Brigid. Instead of staying for words he exited the diner to do his job of keeping Brigid out of harm and trouble. He stepped outside just in time see Brigid get smacked by an SUV.

"Frak!"

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 10:44:09 AM
Nara heard the squeals of brakes being applied. Ears twitching, she heard the commotion from outside the diner.

"That poor girl!"

"Call an ambulance quick!"

"Ah hell!" She pushed herself out of the booth and ran outside to a few gawkers huddled around a body. Muscling her way by them, she saw Brigid laying there unconscious and the SUV peeling away. If it were anyone else, Nara would have chased that bastard down and beat the crap out of him before throwing him at the police. But Brigid was Immortal. She'll be fine. Physically at least.

"Nara! NARA!" Kevin was trying to peer over the crowd, trying to find out if it was Brigid that got hit. "She ok?" It was an awkward question, but

"Of course she isn't!" Some woman in a suit was on the phone with 911. "I saw the whole thing and I got the police on the line!"

Without any hesitation, Kevin snatched the phone out of her hand and danced around her as he shut it off. "We're on it. Already called the Hospital that she's on her way."

"Yeah, trust us." Nara stood up and addressed the small group of humans present. "She's part of our crew and we'll take care of her. Thanks for helping but go along now."

The group oddly turned calm, nodded, and proceeded to walk towards their intended destination as if nothing had happened. All except for one. Nara locked eyes with him and inhaled deeply. He was Garou.

"How bad is she?" asked an exasperated Vicki.

"Not sure, but we'll have to carry her back to the hotel. Not too much of an odd sight for us thanks to Kevin's reputation." Nara was numb, speaking in a detached monotone voice as she bent down to pick up the Immortal.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 10:52:13 AM
:: Brigid lay still, and her neck felt broken as Nara lifted her ::

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:03:01 AM
He was about to run to her when he was shoved aside by a group of people bursting out of the diner. Gawkers had gathered in an instant but he was too late by the time he gather his wits she already had rescuers. However one of them was the lady that had forced Brigid into the situation in the first place.

Wolf slid through the crowd trying to stay behind the group that was attempting to carry Brigid away. He knew he had to keep his distance the one holding her was Garou. Soon enough Wolf would get his hands on the one that caused all of this. He didn't blame the car drive he was after the woman in the diner.

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:09:45 AM
Nara's form shifted ever so subtly, her arms and legs were stronger, her face more angular, and her canines elongated. She had shifted to a near human form in order to have the strength to carry Brigid to the hotel. Humans passing by wouldn't give her a second glance ... save for the unconscious girl in her arms. But that's where the Kinfolk come in. They're great for distractions. Kevin in particular.

"Oh my god! HAH! I can't believe she all thought she could drink me under da table!" He proclaimed and slammed into the mail box. "Ow ... ugh. Stupid roadies."

Vicki slipped next to Nara and whispered into her ear as all eyes were on their showman. "You ok?"

"No."

"Sorry I lost my temper."

"This isn't your fault. But we can't have her wake up at the hospital. Too many questions. I'll deal."

They turned the corner and into the Westin hotel, where the doorman opened the door for the group with a raised brow, but then chuckled as he released the handle.

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:23:37 AM
He slipped around the corner to see them head into a hotel. Anger was in his eyes as he marched across the street. The door man stared at Wolf for moment.

"Well you gonna open the door you stupid git."

Door guy: "We don't let the homeless in."

With that Wolf punched door man in the face.

"I think I will let myself in then. I will apologize later when I got the time."

With that Wolf nodded to the door man and let himself in the door. He entered the registration desk area sniffing the air for a Direction.

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:31:16 AM
There was a ding and then the elevators opened. They proceeded inside and Vicki hit the button '5' for their floor, and the doors started to close.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:35:05 AM
:: Brigid's neck reknitted itself with an audible clicking, and shortly after, she revived with a spasmodic gasp, eyes wide and bewildered ::

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:41:29 AM
Wolf followed the sent all the way to an elevator. He pushed the button on the elevator and waited for it to return. This posed a problem and would slow his search and rescue down a bit.

"Gah I hate delays, why can't people use the stairs."

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:45:09 AM
Nara felt Brigid stir and looked down at the Immortal with a blank stare. Eventually, brown eyes went searching around for the SUV that hit her, but found the chocolate covered eyes of her lover.

Gently, the Garou lowered Brigid to the floor of the elevator and shifted back into human form without a word. Vicki had crossed her arms and glared at the Immortal but said nothing.

"Hey Brig!" Kevin hated the silence, however.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:53:05 AM
:: Brigid groaned painfully and rubbed the back of her head. She looked up, surrounded by the band and gave Kevin a wave. She stood up, with as much dignity as possible after becoming roadkill ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 11:55:48 AM
Nara felt her weight shift as the elevator came to a stop. Once the doors opened, the Garou left with Vicki in tow, leaving Kevin alone with Brigid.

He look sheepishly back towards the girls and sigh as he stepped out with Brigid. "Would it help if I said she's been missing you? Seriously, Nara's been in denial since we left Chicago and I think she wanted to talk to you at the diner."

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 12:12:01 PM
He was whistling now and tapping his foot as he waited off in the distance he could hear that security was being altered to a homeless man in the building. But now he wasn't the only one waiting for the elevator to arrive one other man in a business suit was waiting.

The elevator arrived him and the other man got into the elevator. Wolf nodded to the man as the doors shut in front of them. He hit the number two on the pad as the other man hit the number four.

"So you here for business or pleasure?"

Man: "Um Business."

Wolf noted the man was a bit uncomfortable by the question which probably meant he was lying. Ding floor one had arrived and the doors opened. Wolf stuck his head out the door and sniffed the air. He pulled back into the elevator and hit the three button.

"Wrong floor, don't you just hate it when you forget your floor."

Man: "I don't have that problem." The man sifted his eyes towards wolf then back to their forward position.

"Oh lucky you."

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 12:19:36 PM
:: Brigid walked a bit unsteadily, leaning on Kevin. She still hurt all over, like she was made of broken glass ::

"Thanks." she said hoarsley.

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 12:23:31 PM
"Here, I got yas," he said, wrapping an arm around her waist and helping her inside the hostile hotel room. Nara was no where in sight, but the bathroom door was closed. Vicki was out on the patio having a beer.

"Hm, well, here." He set her down on Nara's bed. "Need anything? Or just time? I keep forgetting how this works with you."

Inside the bathroom, Nara was letting the hot water run to drown out the choking sobs she was trying to fight back. Having Brigid back in her arms was too much for her. It finally shook some awareness back inside of her and now the tears were falling just as fast as the ones racing down the steam filled mirror.

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 12:32:03 PM
The in this elevator had a slight smell of methane now. Wolf looked over at the man next to him elevator.

"Did you have too?"

Man: "Did I have to what?"

Denial of course if this man had been bone gnawer he would probably be proud of his fart. Ding floor three opened up and again wolf stuck his head out the elevator. He sniffed the air and came back into the elevator. This sucked he was stuck in elevator with smelly pants for another floor.

"I guess I must be on your floor."

The man just smiled slightly. This time wolf was looking the man over a bit judging the man’s size as a bright idea crept up in his head.

"So what size suit are you wearing?"

Man: "Um." the man skittered to the side of the elevator a little bit as he looked at wolf full on. "I sorry I don't swing that way."

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 12:38:07 PM
:: Brigid plunked down on the matress like a stone ::

"Beer?" she inquired.

:: She closed her eyes and drifted as her body recovered from the shock to it's system ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 12:44:05 PM
"Yeah, sure Brig." He went to the mini-fridge and grabbed a cold. As he turned around, he heard the click of the door handle opening and watch Nara walk out. He stood there, frozen in his tracks because he didn't want to get yelled at for offering Brigid a beer.

He smiled and laughed nervously, "Wanna beer?"

Nara glowered at him, but then directed her attention to the woman on her bed. There were no signs of her desperate cries, but some of the anger had subsided. "Go find out where Paul and Ethan are. Both of you."

"Are you sure?" Vicki's was tense and it showed in her voice as she entered the room.

"Yeah," she answered, her eyes still on Brigid. "I"m sure."

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 12:53:25 PM
Ding floor four came to a stop. Again like before Wolf poked his head out of the elevator and sniffed the air but nothing. He pulled back into the elevator but before the doors closed he shoved the business man out the door with wolfs old clothing which was a bit torn on. The man was unconscious and just slumped to the floor.

"Sorry Mr. smelly pants I need to borrow your suit. I doubt you will remember what happened but thanks."

Wolf tightened the tie around his neck, he was pretty sure this was the first suit he had ever worn before. Well level five here he came, the last floor on the list of numbers.

Ding

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 01:09:41 PM
:: Brigid sat up and waited for the gang to go ::

"Nara ..." she said softly.

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 01:12:05 PM
Nara shook her head, her face full of pain as she crossed to the other side of the room. "You could have said something instead of sneaking around."

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 01:22:35 PM
Wolf exited the elevator in his new suit. He felt like the big bad wolf in this suit in fact he kind of strutted like he big and bad down the hall. He knew he was on the right floor all he had to do was follow the scent.

He spotted the woman from the diner as he was strutting. He stopped and glared for a moment. He wasn't exactly sure what he was going to say to the woman. He really wasn't the type that liked to ruff up women. I mean the whole time he was coming here he was letting his anger guide and fuel his thoughts. Yet now that he was here to confront the woman he didn't know what he was going to say. It slipped his lips soon enough.

"Hey woman from the diner! Who the hell do you think you are and where the hell did you stash my friend?"

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 01:30:21 PM
"I didn't do it to hurt you, you know. I posed because it was fun, and I thought you'd like them."

:: She winced, feeling like a scolded child ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 01:36:07 PM
Her upper lip curled into a sneer and she whirled around fast, knocking over the forgotten beer bottle on to the floor. "But for the whole fraking world to see?!?! And Kevin has to be the one that finds them and shows me!! You! Naked in magazines!!! Over a thousand years old and you'd think you'd learn a thing or two about common fraking sense!!!"

Vicki looked over at the man and recognized him immediately. The clothes might have changed, but she knew him from the diner. The scar was a dead give away. "Wait what? You know Brigid? Are you stalking around with her to keep tabs on us too?!"

"Uuuhh, hey E? Just, um get here fast. I think things are getting worse." Kevin snapped the cell phone closed and stepped between Vicki and the stranger. "Hey now, whoa there! I think there is some crazy misunderstanding here that we'll all laugh about later."

He looked at Vicki, "Right?" And then at the stranger, "Right? Maybe?"

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 01:45:57 PM
"Why the hell would me or Brigid be stalking you people?"

Wolf started to move forward towards Vicki. Kevin’s space between the two was growing shorter by the step. Wolf began to growl as he grew closer to vicki.

"However you did chase her out of the diner. Well you know what happened after that. Was chasing her out of the diner and have her hit by a car not good enough for you? You had to steal her corpse as well?"

Wolf stopped there his rage was coming back to him again as he looked at Kevin.

"I am truly sorry for this pal."

Wolf grabbed onto Kevin and shoved him off to the side into a wall.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 01:56:46 PM
"Do you even know ..."

:: (... what's it like to be a thousand years old?) She didn't finish the sentence. Instead she just looked helpless ::

"I'm sorry."

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:05:41 PM
Nara was all set for a come back shouting match like they had months ago, but much to her surprise, Brigid apologized. This confused the young Garou.

"What gives." Nara narrowed an eye at the Immortal and wondered what happened since she left Chicago. Brigid wasn't her usual self. Her posture was slouched, she obviously wasn't thinking when she ran out into the street, and now their verbal sparring was non-existent. "Something's wrong and it isn't just me."

Kevin had the wind knocked outta him as he was shoved into the wall. The drummer slid down, aching from head to toe and felt the entire room spinning. "Whoa. Whoa ... Aaaah. THAT HURT!!!"

"Kevin!!!" Vicki was horrified. "You bastard! What did he do to you?! Nothing!" Without any thought, the most demure, quiet member of the group hauled off and punched Wolf in the face.

Wolf Bane
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:13:33 PM
Wolf stumbled back a few feet. He shook his head to get rid of the stars he was seeing. Wow that woman could hit. Wolf clenched his fist and came at her with a swing but he stopped mid swing. He wanted to hit her so bad right now but he couldn't do it.

"Just tell me where she is bitch."

Wolf voice was really guttural at this point almost as if he was changing but he wasn't. He was just that dam pissed off right now and was on the verge of changing just to break stuff.

"You really don't want to see the monster I can become."

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:21:31 PM
"Fiona is missing, and now Michele is under the influence of the one I think killed her."

:: A weary tear fell on her cheek, and she wanted to hold Nara badly ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:26:42 PM
Nara took a step back in shock. "I ... I didn't know ..." She began to wonder if she were partly to blame. Michele was a good kid and after Nara bailed, Brigid probably did too, leaving her alone. And open for bad influence. Great, just great. "I just knew she left for Europe like you did."

"I already do," Vicki shot back. "Your kind is not lost on me. So either start behaving like you should or we might have issues when security arrives with the ruckus we're causing, hmm?"

She might be quiet, but that was only because she was aware of her surroundings. Vicki had noticed Nara eying him earlier, combined with his subtle hints and unchecked anger he was probably a Cousin of some kind.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:32:25 PM
"I wanted you to know, if I never see you again, how much I love you, Nara."

:: Then she broke down, dropping to her knees before her lover to hug her around the waist. She didn't make a sound, but the Black fury could feel the hot tears on her belly ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:37:50 PM
Nara stood there in breathless wonder at what just happened. Her arms were stretched out, struggling with the gravity of this situation. Brigid was speaking in grief and vengeance. Grief for what she had lost in Nara and vengeance for taking out whoever had gained Michele's trust. It was a fight she wasn't going to win. She could sense it. And that meant ...

"No!" The Garou ripped Brigid's arms off of her and dragged the Immortal to her feet so they were eye to eye. "You're better then this Brigid, and stomping off to face whoever hurt Fiona is gonna get you killed too!"

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:41:29 PM
:: She was a marionette on invisible strings as Nara shook her ::

"I need to do this ..." she replied with a hollow choke. The tears just flowed from her eyes, and she closed them tight.

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:44:09 PM
"Not like this you don't," she said, afraid to loosen the grip on Brigid for fear of her falling to the ground. "You can't defeat anyone like this. You'll just get yourself killed!"

Nara slipped at arm underneath the Immortal's and hugged her tightly to her chest, "I won't let you..."

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:47:28 PM
:: Brigid allowed herself to be held, and entwined her arms around Nara in kind. She clung tight, not wanting to let go ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:49:03 PM
Nara closed her eyes and rested her head against Brigid's shoulder. "You do realize I'm still mad at you right?"

Her tone was the familiar one of teasing that the Immortal had grown fond of.

Brigid Cassidy
Oct 17th, 2008, 02:52:35 PM
:: A deep love shone in her eyes as she lifted Nara's face close ::

"Yeah."

:: Then she kissed her, lips trembling, as if she was about to burn away ::

Wolf Bane
Oct 18th, 2008, 09:58:15 AM
"I already do," Vicki shot back. "Your kind is not lost on me. So either start behaving like you should or we might have issues when security arrives with the ruckus we're causing, hmm?"

She might be quiet, but that was only because she was aware of her surroundings. Vicki had noticed Nara eying him earlier, combined with his subtle hints and unchecked anger he was probably a Cousin of some kind.

He was about to change into near human but what Vicki said did have some ring of truth to it. He calmed his rage some just enough so he wouldn't force himself into a beast.

"Just tell me where she is then."

He could find her on his own but he was hoping this one might show an act of compassion and just tell him. He wanted to be sure Brigid wasn't in any danger and that showed on his face.

"Tell me and I will leave you alone."

Nara McKenna
Oct 21st, 2008, 10:22:22 AM
Vicki narrowed her eyes as a whimpering groan came from Kevin. Her eyes diverted to his attention briefly as she considered the possible 'Cousin's' request.

He could have just barreled through them already to his destination, so there must be a ring of truth to his words. Perhaps he was concerned about Brigid. Regardless, if he did cause a commotion, Nara would kick his smelly carcass around the hotel room with the Immortal's help.

"Just follow your nose. You'll fine her," she said and went to help Kevin up.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:02:32 PM
:: She ran her fingers through the Furies' hair, almost whimpering as she kissed her again ::

Wolf Bane
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:11:18 PM
Wolf didn't take a second glance back at the two in the hall way as he stormed off towards the scent. Around one corner and there was the door but he froze for moment. He needed a plan he couldn't just go burst through the door that would raise too many alarms.

So he knocked in rapid succession on the door waiting to see what was behind door number one. He was growling under his breath and a few seconds felt like forever as he waited.

Nara McKenna
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:13:07 PM
Nara was startled by the knock at the door. She was so lost in the moment that her senses were fixated on Brigid.

She sniffed the air and frowned. "It's the Garou from the restaurant. He claimed he knew you."

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:17:38 PM
"What???"

:: Brigid's head whipped towards the door. She looked flustered as there was another knock ::

Nara McKenna
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:21:42 PM
She sighed and responded with a guilty look. "Let me open the thing before he knocks it down. He looked pretty pissed that you got hurt." The urgency in the knocks were increasing steadily.

Nara opened the door all the way so that the Garou could see Brigid, but her face grew wide in surprise at the suit he was wearing. "What happened to the rags you called clothes?"

Wolf Bane
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:32:12 PM
He was staring right into the eyes of the other Garou. As she mentioned the suit he actually had to look down to remember that he was wearing a suit. Then he remember why he came here in the first place as he shoved past Nara but only stepped a few feet in.

"Are you alright Brigid? They didn't harm you did they?"

There was worry in his eyes as he looked Brigid over to make sure she was alright.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:35:29 PM
:: Brigid slapped her hips as she swung her arms at her sides and blew the hair from her face ::

"Fine ... what are you doing here???"

:: Her tone wasn't angry, but slightly annoyed ::

Nara McKenna
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:38:43 PM
Nara slammed the door shut and got up in Wolf's face (more angrily looking up since the Garou was taller then she), "What the hell's wrong with you and that attitude you schmuck!"

Wolf Bane
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:50:25 PM
Wolf snarled at Nara as she got up in his face. His anger was welling up again even though he knew Brigid was alright. This was Brigid's abductor who the hell did she think she was? In a snarled voice he spoke to the Fury.

"I should be the one asking you what the hell your problem is. Abducting half dying women from the street just so you can bring them back to your hotel? Do you have some sick dead person fetish Fury?"

He looked slightly past Brigid's abductor over at Brigid.

"Run I can handle this!"

Nara McKenna
Nov 21st, 2008, 12:59:10 PM
It wasn't often that the Galliard fell into the blood thirsty rage of her Garou heritage. Usually her rage was directed at the enemy of all Shapechangers, the Wyrm, but the accusations and disgusting imagery that was spewing from this idiot's mouth put her over the edge.

As she spoke, her voice began to turn more guttural as her limbs elongated and grew fur and eyes turned feral. "You know nothing of us!!!"

Only seconds it took for Nara to shift into full Crinos, with sleek black fur as dark as midnight, hunched over the disrespectful Garou. Brigid caught a glimpse of silver and knew that her lover was going to pull out her Klaive.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 21st, 2008, 01:04:30 PM
:: Brigid did the only thing she could in a split second to keep Wolf from getting slaughtered. She beat Nara to the punch and slugged Wolf in the jaw to knock him down ::

Wolf Bane
Nov 21st, 2008, 01:12:42 PM
Wolf hit the ground on his butt. He could normally take a hit like that and stay standing but it came as more a surprise since it was Brigid that hit him. He had an emotional confusion at that moment rage was still there but there was shock now.

"What the....Hell!"

Wolf didn't even know what to say he had heard of people being broken to their abductors will. Yet it hadn't happened in a matter of a hour it took like weeks, months, and sometimes even years.

"You punched the wrong person Brigid! Dammit she is the evil witch and I'm the knight and shining armor. Just what the hell!"

Nara McKenna
Nov 21st, 2008, 01:17:10 PM
Nara paused, stunned at what just happened. She did not revert back to human form, but the situation had broken the Rage that had overtaken her. Now she was just simply mad.

"I did no such thing you idiot dog." Her face softened as they fell upon Brigid, still yellow and suspicious but no longer as feral.

"He acts like a love sick puppy. What is he to you?" she asked, putting the Klaive away

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 21st, 2008, 01:21:44 PM
"He's just a friend." she growled, shaking her head at Wolf.

Wolf Bane
Nov 21st, 2008, 01:27:38 PM
Wolf sat there confused for a moment as he looked up at the Crinos Nara. Then he looked back over at Brigid with curious look before his eyes drifted back Nara.

"I'm not an idiot nor am I love sick."

His eyes went back to drifting between them his mind was working through the confusion. Then it clicked in his head finally and blurted something out.

"Ha! You are a dog groupie Brigid."

He smiled as his rage began to pass.

Nara McKenna
Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:43:56 AM
Her ears folded against her fur as she looked down at Brigid for answers. "What does he mean by that?" she asked.

It was no secret that Brigid enjoyed sharing her bed with Garou. Even her ancestor, Cormac, had that honor at one time. But Nara could tell that there was more meaning behind her Cousin's response.

And then it just clicked.

"Wait." Slowly she returned back into human form and sighed with heavy disappointment. "You two?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:48:10 AM
:: Brigid just slapped her forehead and ran her fingers through her hair in complete aggravation ::

Wolf Bane
Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:55:11 AM
"Yeah it was great while it lasted."

Wolf said in a teasing tone as he saw the aggravation showing on Brigids face. Wolf cocked a smile in her direction.

"She said I made her laugh, next thing you know me and her where in the sack. Who knew you could have so much fun while there was a war brewing right Brigid?"

He gave her a wink and tried to hold back his laughter as he watched her squirm. Wolf was well aware what they had, had ended back in the day. Now all he could hope for was to make a good joke out of it and hope she didn't slug him again.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:58:17 AM
"SHUT YOUR FACE!!!" she roared, and lunged forward towards him.

Nara McKenna
Nov 22nd, 2008, 11:05:06 AM
And how things have changed so quickly in such a short time. Nara was ready to rip this other Garou's head off, but now she had to hold Brigid back from trying the same thing.

Arms scooped Brigid up off the ground and spun her around. "Maybe you should just go ..." she said over her shoulder to the Garou.

Wolf Bane
Nov 22nd, 2008, 11:12:15 AM
"There is the spunk I remember."

He stuck his tongue out at Brigid as he finally got up from the floor. He was going to heed the other Garou's advice and get out before Brigid decided to remove his head.

"My apologies fury. Um I didn't get your name?"

Nara McKenna
Nov 22nd, 2008, 11:16:03 AM
She was having a hard time keeping Brigid at bay with all the squirming. "It's McKenna. Now get outta here so we both can cool off."

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 22nd, 2008, 11:20:20 AM
:: Brigid turned the other way to free herself, but still caught by the wrist, she gave the wall a kick ::

Wolf Bane
Nov 22nd, 2008, 11:28:05 AM
"Nice to meet you McKenna, names Wolf."

He said as he turned and started to walk for the door. He didn't state his last time because he didn't have the time to explain why his full name was Wolf Bane. Garou always got perplexed by his name for some reason.

"I got a guy in the hall way to apologize to and a suit to return to a stink butt on floor four. I will Cya around."

With that he exited and shut the door in a gentle manner. He had a grin on his face from ear to ear as he marched down the hall way. He was happy for Brigid he thought she made a good a choice in this McKenna chick. Hopefully in time he would get to know this person that was dating his Ex a little better.