PDA

View Full Version : Zombies.

Stern
Oct 13th, 2008, 10:34:57 AM
Yeah.

It's October. And since Marvel has often done issues involving zombie versions of their heroes and other such similar events, I figured if there were several people interested, we could have a zombie thread of our own.

Whether you write it like Shaun of the Dead or Dawn of the Dead, whether you're fighting off the zombie invasion or leading it, I figured it might be a fun October/Halloween thing for us to do.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 13th, 2008, 01:28:58 PM
Marvel Zombies! I like it :D

Ghost
Oct 13th, 2008, 01:32:58 PM
Did someone say zombie?

Mandy with an I
Oct 13th, 2008, 02:11:19 PM
I'd be up for it :)

Boulder
Oct 13th, 2008, 02:58:35 PM
Whee zombies! Sounds like a plan. It's amazing the things that come out of your brain Stern. ......Stern's brain...?
.....mmmmm.......brains.....*nomnomnom*

Stern
Oct 13th, 2008, 11:35:01 PM
So about these Zombies.

Will they be

Slow shufflers?

Mindless Creatures?

Will they maintain their physical capabilities and intelligence?

Will they be vulnerable to shotgun blasts to the face?

Will they be vulnerable to light and holy symbols?

Basically, do we want a standard format for these zombies, or should it vary?

Droo
Oct 14th, 2008, 08:40:29 AM
Well, as it's a Mutants Unite thing, I don't see why it can't be considered a bizarre strand of mutation, perhaps a military experiment gone wrong, and consequently there could potentially be numerous types of zombie, ranging from the shuffling undead to the fast violent types we've seen in films like 28 Days Later(and I know, they're not technically zombies). I like the idea of zombies retaining their intelligence and skills but why not have an I Am Legend twist to it? I'm talking about the book not the film. Why not have people in whom the mutant zombie gene is active and developing, and these people are destined to steadily deteriorate into mindless boomstick fodder, and as such are desperate to find a cure while fighting off over-zealous zombie hunters in order to survive? These guys could be seen as tragic heroes while the more desperate of whom would be villainous and treacherous and possibly try to overthrow the powers that be who threaten their existance or indeed seek revenge upon those responsible for the creation of this freak strand of zombie DNA. The possibilities are endless!

I'm uninterested in the holy relic fearing zombies as firstly, I thought that was a vampire thing, and secondly, it seems a bit archaic and unrealistic considering the Mutants Unite universe is fixed in the real world. One that is overrun with super-powered mutants and in the near future, an army of the undead, but nonetheless rooted very firmly in reality... yeah.

Razielle Alastor
Oct 14th, 2008, 11:46:37 AM
I am so up for this! :D

Zenas Codrey
Oct 14th, 2008, 02:45:36 PM
I'm uninterested in the holy relic fearing zombies as firstly, I thought that was a vampire thing, and secondly, it seems a bit archaic and unrealistic considering the Mutants Unite universe is fixed in the real world. One that is overrun with super-powered mutants and in the near future, an army of the undead, but nonetheless rooted very firmly in reality... yeah.Relic-fearing zombies are a Dungeons and Dragons thing. Honestly, I think it's as realistic an appraoch as anything else, given the utter absurdity and unrealism of super-powered people in the first place, but yeah.[/my 2 cents]

Carlos Calaveras
Oct 14th, 2008, 04:33:26 PM
I wonder what effect my bad-luck aura will have on this :uhoh

Mandy with an I
Oct 14th, 2008, 06:57:19 PM
Yes, it will make the zombies find you much more tasty than the rest of us.

Jacinda Blake
Oct 14th, 2008, 07:46:34 PM
:o that doesn't sound good...

Stern
Oct 14th, 2008, 09:21:08 PM
Ok, so we have Zombies.

Not relic fearing zombies.

Zombies will shuffle slowly or move with incredible speed and strength.

Some will be mindlessly trying to eat your brains. Others can think and plan.

Here's how this is going to work.

I'm going to be involved in the thread as Stern. I will also be making the zombies move.

You guys have to survive!

The thread will go on until the zombies are stopped or until Oct 31st, which ever is sooner.

The thread will be created shortly. Jump in as you want, but please make sure to check it for your turn. This is for fun, but I'd hate for it to die in a week. :P

EDIT: http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=283109#post283109

That's the thread.

Everyone that wants in should post first to set the grounds. Most of this will probably take place in or around the few square miles of the Cullen's Institute.

Right now I'm assuming that everyone who has posted with interest in this so far will also be posting in the thread. When I see at least all the people here post on the RP thread, I'll start the zombies.

Flux
Oct 15th, 2008, 08:19:41 AM
I R TEH ZOMBIE! :verymad OM NOM NOM NOM BRAINS

Banner Laverick
Oct 15th, 2008, 09:41:27 AM
Nuuu, not Felix! :cry

Thomas Seagraves
Oct 18th, 2008, 10:23:59 PM
I'm going to be a leader Zombie. Basically I get infected, but instead of taking over my body it takes over my abilities. My physical body will be at Cullen's in the clinic, protected from harm, so the person you will see will be my astral form. Which is one of my advanced powers.