PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine - Scary!

Mandy with an I
Oct 11th, 2008, 10:55:57 PM
I was totally impressed :) It made me jump way more than I wanted to...

Only complaint I have is the "shakey" cam gave me a headache.

It was also interesting to try and keep track of all the residents in the building. There were lots of scenes where I was saying "Don't go there/stand in front of that glass door/etc". Common sense has no place in movies, I guess. If you pay attention, you'll realize who is where. There was even a "twist" at the end, oooo!

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 11th, 2008, 11:26:38 PM
Was the scaring/creepy parts more of the "shocking - jump at you" type or was it kinda.. get into your mind deal? o_O

Mandy with an I
Oct 12th, 2008, 12:27:42 AM
More scary/shocky, but the whole plot of the movie is pretty messed up - an apartment building full of people who are suddenly trapped inside with no explanation. No contact to the outside world, and when they try to escape, soldiers cut them off. Like I said, the shaky cam had a lot to do with the whole feel of the film - everyone is panicky and running around. The ending was sort of predictable, even if the twist was interesting.

The beginning basically establishes the main characters (it's funny and lighthearted, so you get to like them), and you get to know the other characters once they're trapped inside (but not as well as the main three). You can sort of tell what is affecting everyone in the scene where they go to help the sick old lady. She's foaming at the mouth. Rabies anyone?

I'm pretty cynical when it comes to horror movies - it's too easy to call the action IMO, so the fact that this film had more than one "jump" scare impressed me. Sometimes it's fun to watch crazed rabies victims eat and attack each other! Also the best kill is the camera man smashing one of the rabid people to death with the front of his camera. :D Some aspects did remind me of other movies: Night of the Living Dead (the remake) and 28 Days Later (because of how the sick people acted).

Oh, and they played the new Bond trailer. Much better on the big screen XD

The Message
Oct 12th, 2008, 01:44:59 AM
This is based on the spanish(I think it was spanish?) movie '[Rec]'. I've been trying to find the original for a while to see how they compare but I haven't been able to find it at any of my local video rentals:(

Good to hear the remake is enjoyable. I love the zombie movies:ghost