BUF Win @ STL
WAS @ DAL Win
PHI Win @ CHI

Mon, Sep 29
BAL Win @ PIT

Byes: Lions, Colts, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Seahawks

Dragon
Sep 28th, 2008, 11:57:09 AM
Apparently Carson Palmer was a scratch for the Bengals-Browns game. He was listed as questionable with an elbow injury, but over the weekend he said he was sure he would play. But Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting against the Browns.

And, according to my brother, both teams are still looking about the same. I like how everyone was calling the Browns the "trendy pick" to win the AFC North... few people actually said they'd pick them, but they all wanted to get on that bandwagon. They're not looking so trendy now.

EDIT: Wow, the Buccaneers D is wreaking havoc on the Packers' O-line right now. Aaron Rodgers is looking very uncomfortable.

Park Kraken
Sep 28th, 2008, 12:26:36 PM
Bucs GB game is nearly at halftime, and the Bucs are up 13-7 over GB, with GB making one last drive before time runs out.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 12:37:14 PM
Some close games out there. The Chiefs giving Denver more trouble that I thought they could. Tennessee looks dominant in their game again. They have forced two turnovers which have led to 14 points.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 12:53:50 PM
Apparently Carson Palmer was a scratch for the Bengals-Browns game. He was listed as questionable with an elbow injury, but over the weekend he said he was sure he would play. But Ryan Fitzpatrick is starting against the Browns.

And, according to my brother, both teams are still looking about the same. I like how everyone was calling the Browns the "trendy pick" to win the AFC North... few people actually said they'd pick them, but they all wanted to get on that bandwagon. They're not looking so trendy now.

EDIT: Wow, the Buccaneers D is wreaking havoc on the Packers' O-line right now. Aaron Rodgers is looking very uncomfortable.

How long before Cleveland goes with Brady Quinn? I have heard rumors though the Chiefs are trying to get him in a trade, though the Browns might not do that now.

Dragon
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:19:51 PM
They just gave Derek Anderson a three-year deal, and I don't think you can pin their woes on the quarterback at this point. Their defense stinks, their receivers are dropping balls, and their gameplans are being shredded by superior coaching. This is not a team that's one player away from breaking into the NFL elite.

At the same time, Derek Anderson isn't really proven one way or another. Heck, Tommy Maddox looked like an all-pro for the Steelers in the 2002 season and then did nothing else notable but get injured and open the way for Roethlisberger's historic rookie season.

I'm listening to the Bengals radio announcers (if you have NFL Field Pass, give them a listen sometime, because they get absolutely hysterical about the game, and it's hilarious), and the color guy just made a great point - if Palmer is listed at "questionable," why is he sitting out in a division game? Either the injury is more serious than they're letting on or there are other problems there. Either would be unfortunate. Palmer is one of the few likable guys on that team.

EDIT: Huge INT return for a TD by the Packers - Green Bay retakes the lead 21-20!

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:37:10 PM
I actually hope Cleveland turns it around and at least can look decent the rest of the year. Then they trade Quinn to the Chiefs because they need a QB bad. Speaking of the Chiefs they look good today considering how many points Denver has been scoring. If they win though I still be shocked. Some wild games going on there are 3 very good games out there.

Wow Chiefs up by 10 not sure what is going on there. Houston is driving with like 30 seconds left. Houston-Jax going to OT. Two other great games going on too.

Dragon
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:47:12 PM
Kris Brown just kicks the long field goal to tie the game at 27 against the Jaguars with 1 second left (thanks to the homefield clock operator).

And Fitzpatrick just fumbled away the Bengals' last hope to come back. The Browns take over inside the red zone leading by 5 with a little over two minutes left.

Liam Jinn
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:47:25 PM
Houston ties it up with 1 second left. Wow, this game is close.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:50:20 PM
I know that is a great game. GB-TB sounds great too.

Liam Jinn
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:58:47 PM
Jacksonville wins with a 37 yard FG. Now back to the Packers game.

Dragon
Sep 28th, 2008, 01:58:59 PM
After a poor punt set them up with good field position, the Buccaneers drive down and kick a short field goal to take the 23-21 lead. Aaron Rodgers has 2:26 to drive down for a winning score.

But Rodgers is hit from behind as he throws and the result is his third INT of the game!

And the Buccaneers' ensuing play is a 47-yard dash around the left end by Earnest Graham setting up the Bucs at the Packers 1 (though I think he got the ball inside the pylon before he went out of bounds).

But the next play is a fullback dive for a TD. It's 30-21, 1:56 to go!

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 02:00:13 PM
Jacksonville made that game closer than they should. Let see if Rodgers can lead GB to victory. a FG wins it.

Liam Jinn
Sep 28th, 2008, 02:05:17 PM
That hit on Rogers looked painful. And sure, might as well try and score another TD, eh Bucs?

Edit: Annnd TD Tampa Bay.

Dragon
Sep 28th, 2008, 02:10:41 PM
Kansas City goes up by 10 over the Broncos. I really didn't see this coming, but it's hard to give up four turnovers on the road against anybody and come out looking good.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 02:17:59 PM
The Chiefs have almost scored more points today than the previous three games lol. The Titans are going 4-0 after forcing 4 TO on Minnesota. They still look like the best team in the AFC to me. Wow that Jets game is high scoring. 90 points between the two teams and there is still time for more.

Edit
The Chiefs now have scored more points today than the previous three games. I sure didn't see that coming. Larry Johnson had a monster game 198 yards and 2 TDs.

Dragon
Sep 28th, 2008, 02:29:42 PM
Holy cow - Kurt Warner finishes 40/56 for 472 yards, 2 TDs, and 3 INTs, and Brett Favre is 24/34 for 289 yards and 6 TDs!!! :eek

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 02:35:06 PM
That was one wild game.

Liam Jinn
Sep 28th, 2008, 02:48:30 PM
TD Dallas!!

Aurelias Kazaar
Sep 28th, 2008, 03:25:48 PM
Yeesh Dallas, where th'frack is your Defense? And offense. Leave it in Green Bay for Tampa?

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 03:28:12 PM
Wow all the favorites are getting beat right now. I didn't think the Rams stood a chance in that game.

Yog
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:05:32 PM
Cowboys game tied. TD TO! :)

Plenty of time to play as well. This is not the end, not even the beginning of the end. It may however be the end of the beginning!

Edit: Grrrr... Portis.

Edit2: Muaahahahahahaah! Randle El TD declined due to penalty.

Edit3: *sigh* Redskins really put up a fight so far.

Ryan Pode
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:45:10 PM
Well San Diego and the Bills have both come back to take leads. Which is good for me.

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:58:22 PM
Yeah the Bills woke up after that rough first half. Same with the Chargers. Can the Redskins beat the Cowboys?

Great win by the Redskins. That division just got a lot tighter. So who is the best team now? I am still pushing the Titans they are at least best team in the AFC.

Dragon
Sep 28th, 2008, 05:26:05 PM
Wow. I decided I wasn't interested in watching the late game because I was bored watching Dallas roll up on everybody.

But... wow. Didn't see this coming.

Yog
Sep 28th, 2008, 05:29:25 PM
Redskins :shakefist

I still think Cowboys is the best team, in the NFC at least. This was a narrow loss vs a good defense.

I think Titans is the best team in the AFC.

Figrin D'an
Sep 28th, 2008, 05:58:14 PM
Redskins/Cowboys matchups are nearly always close, tough games... it's a huge rivalry and the teams know each other very well. I still felt Dallas would win, but I'm not surprised at all that Washington pulled it out.

I still think it's way too early to start calling anyone the "best team" in the AFC. The Titans have looked good so far, but they haven't played a balanced offense with a pulse yet. The Bills have looked good too, but you can say the same thing about them. Parity is starting to come back to the AFC after a few years of being dominated by the Patriots, Colts and Chargers, and pretty much every division is up for grabs this year.

In the NFC, the Giants are still the king until someone beats them. Dallas looks good, so does Philly, after that it gets a little muddy. There's not enough separation yet with big wins vs bad losses to really get a feel for how things will shake out.

Aurelias Kazaar
Sep 28th, 2008, 06:04:06 PM
Wow. I decided I wasn't interested in watching the late game because I was bored watching Dallas roll up on everybody.

But... wow. Didn't see this coming.

For the Redskins, as long as they beat the Cows (who sure looked like cows) they win the Super Bowl.

Dragon
Sep 28th, 2008, 06:30:11 PM
Wait a minute, a 3-play 59-yard scoring drive through the air? Who are these guys, and what have they done with the Bears?

EDIT: Wow. Quite a game by the Bears. I'm out five games already.

I don't really mind, though, as long as I get my pick for Monday Night right...

Dragon
Sep 30th, 2008, 01:37:48 PM
Yikes, that was a battle on Monday Night... lots of injuries on both sides, but the Steelers got the worst of it. They finished the game with one healthy running back - it's a darned good thing no one snatched up Gary Russell when they cut him, because now they'll have to activate him off the practice squad. Rashard Mendenhall's rookie season is already over, and right guard Kendall Simmons was also added to injured reserve. Both these teams face very physical opponents on Sunday - the Ravens will host the Titans, and the Steelers march into Jacksonville on Sunday Night Football.

Joe Flacco played with a lot more poise than I expected. This Ravens team is looking genuinely dangerous, though, granted, the Steelers still did squat to protect Ben in the first half.

Here are the week's totals:

Jedi Master Carr: 9-4
jjwr: 9-4
Park Kraken: 9-4
Dragon: 8-5
Figrin: 8-5
Kazaar: 8-5
Liam: 8-5
LD: 8-5
Yog: 8-5
K'cansce: 7-6
Rutabaga: 7-6