PDA

View Full Version : Psychology: What is your Myers-Briggs typology?

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:25:24 AM
The Myers-Briggs typology has been around for a long time. It's based on Jung's theories, and although I don't believe it's used by professional psychologists often, its results are often interesting. It assesses your personality on four axes: Introverted/Extroverted, Intuitive/Sensing, Thinking/Feeling and Perceiving/Judging.

So, which personality type are you? http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:30:43 AM
I'm an INTP - introverted, intuitive, thinking, perceiving :cool

Jaime Tomahawk
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:52:56 AM
I have Briggs-Stratton lawnmower personality.

The Message
Sep 25th, 2008, 07:13:21 AM
Your Type is
ENTJ<table width="50%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>Extraverted</td><td>Intuitive</td><td>Thinking</td><td>Judging</td></tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="4"> Strength of the preferences % </td> </tr> <tr align="center"><td>22</td><td>12</td><td>25</td><td>22</td></tr></tbody></table>
I remember doing this type of test in the past, twice. I just looked it up and I got INFP and INFJ the two times I did it previously. Although makes sense that you evolve through time, I suppose.

Zenas Codrey
Sep 25th, 2008, 08:06:45 AM
ESFJ: Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging. I guess that sounds about right.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:37:23 AM
INFJ - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

# slightly expressed introvert
# moderately expressed intuitive personality
# moderately expressed feeling personality
# moderately expressed judging personality

Just like Mother Teresa and Nicole Kidman. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2008, 09:56:56 AM
Some famous people who share my type (INTP):

Socrates
Albert Einstein
Sir Isaac Newton
Tiger Woods

:lol

Yog
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:29:34 AM
* moderately expressed introvert
* very expressed intuitive personality
* slightly expressed thinking personality
* moderately expressed judging personality

Famous people sharing my personality:
Isaac Newton, Niels Bohr, C. G. Jung, Michel de Montaigne, Michel Nostradamus, Ada Lovelace

I always knew I had something in common with Nostradamus..

Edit: Apparently, as an Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging, I'm somewhat of a rarity, less than 1% of the population.

Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.
Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

A full description of the Mastermind and Rational is in People Patterns or Please Understand Me II

Edit2: Ok, this is creepy. A lot of these, I have some education in or shown higher than average interest in:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-44&SN=-88&TF=12&JP=33

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:41:14 AM
Sir Isaac Newton is an INTP and an INTJ? :o

Yog
Sep 25th, 2008, 10:53:04 AM
Sir Isaac Newton is an INTP and an INTJ? :o
Yeah, what's up with that? I suspect he must be categorised wrong somewhere.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:02:25 AM
My guess is that he's classified broadly as an introverted intuitive thinker... so the judging/perceiving part is flexible. Either way, he's a "rational" :)

I found a site that divides INTP's even further (pretty cynically): http://homepage.mac.com/bahlberg/iblog/B1386252977/C715152919/E467503953/index.html

3) Classic Nerds:
Similar to golden boys without the golden spoons, they tend to be intelligent, yet utterly incapable of holding a jargon free conversation. Most normal humans are incapable of communication with them outside of topics such as Star Trek, role-playing games, or the latest Matrix movie. To most, they appear asexual (and tend to BE asexual). They tend to get low level programming jobs, teach computer science at the local community college, or unemployed creating annoying email viruses while living in their parent's basement in a rat-hole filled with moldy pizza and empty potato chip bags.
:(

Valeria Tur'ilian
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:04:28 PM
Your Type is:
ENFP
Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
33 25 88 78

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions.

Unfortunately, I can be too "skeptical" about what is going on inside of others. Often times I read too much into things. Who knows? I think it was quite accurate; a little too optimistic in the explanation, but still accurate. We took this test in psychology and it was very interesting to learn about all the different types.

Fionn Halcyon
Sep 25th, 2008, 01:37:27 PM
INFP<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>Introverted</td><td>Intuitive</td><td>Feeling</td><td>Perceiving</td></tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="4"> Strength of the preferences % </td> </tr> <tr align="center"><td>11</td><td>50</td><td>38</td><td>22</td></tr></tbody></table>
Hmmm.... I never saw myself as that much of an Idealist...

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 25th, 2008, 03:40:27 PM
INTJ. Woo!

Daiquiri
Sep 25th, 2008, 03:42:40 PM
<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>Your Type is
ISFJ
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="50%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>Introverted</TD><TD>Sensing</TD><TD>Feeling</TD><TD>Judging</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=4>Strength of the preferences % </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>44</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>11</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
ISFJ type description by D.Keirsey (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=2&c=protector)
ISFJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ (http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-44&SN=38&TF=-12&JP=11)http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/cap.gif (http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-44&SN=38&TF=-12&JP=11) ISFJ Famous Personalities (http://www.humanmetrics.com/vocation/JCI.asp?EI=-44&SN=38&TF=-12&JP=11)
ISFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss (http://typelogic.com/isfj.html)
<!----><!-- ISFJ Career Choices by Jung Career Indicator™ (http://sw-fans.net/forum/) http://sw-fans.net/forum/cap.gif ISFJ Famous Personalities (http://sw-fans.net/forum/)--><!--
<left>http://sw-fans.net/forum/edu3.gif</left>
--><!--
ISFJ Lifestyle Preferences by Your Type Lifestyle™ (http://sw-fans.net/forum/)--><!--
ISFJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss (http://sw-fans.net/forum/)-->

<CENTER>Qualitative analysis of your type formula</CENTER>
You are:

moderately expressed introvert
moderately expressed sensing personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personalityNot too sure about the last one. I tend to be fairly judgemental. The 'guardian' part is definitely right, though - Id fight to the death for any of my family and loved ones. The part about not jumping into a fight is wrong - Ive jumped into the middle of several at school before.

<!--
1-->

Captain Untouchable
Sep 25th, 2008, 04:10:48 PM
Another for the INFJ club; 22/38/25/11

slightly expressed introvert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
slightly expressed judging personality

Like Ghandi and Sir Alec Guiness, apparently. The Ghandi thing is quite creepy - I share his birthday as well. Better not tell any Astrologers: they'd have a field day. >_<

Morgan Evanar
Sep 25th, 2008, 04:41:29 PM
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
11 25 25 67

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2008, 06:52:22 PM
Rationals ftw!

Mitch
Sep 25th, 2008, 07:31:35 PM
INFP, yo. Though, who DIDN'T think I was an idealist? Really...

Rossos Atrapes
Sep 25th, 2008, 07:40:41 PM
Your Type is
INFP<table width="50%" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>Introverted</td><td>Intuitive</td><td>Feeling</td><td>Perceiving</td></tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="4"> Strength of the preferences % </td> </tr> <tr align="center"><td>44</td><td>12</td><td>12</td><td>56</td></tr></tbody></table>
moderately expressed introvert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
slightly expressed feeling personality
moderately expressed perceiving personality

Princess Diana (http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=3&c=diana), Richard Gere, Audrey Hepburn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow", and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.

Apparently, as an Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging, I'm somewhat of a rarity, less than 1% of the population.

Sorry Yog old boy, but they might say that for most of them:

Healers have a profound sense of idealism that comes from a strong personal sense of right and wrong. They conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place, full of wondrous possibilities and potential goods. In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. Set off from the rest of humanity by their privacy and scarcity (around one percent of the population), Healers can feel even more isolated in the purity of their idealism.
I had a time deciding whether or not to put the description up due to the way it describes Idealists; it made me kinda blush from embarrassment just from reading it.

But George Orwell and Alduous Huxley are quite like me in personality and temp'rament! Oh such joy! Happiness!

They have a gift for interpreting stories, as well as for creating them, and thus often write in lyric, poetic fashion.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2008, 07:58:15 PM
But George Orwell and Alduous Huxley are quite like me in personality and temp'rament! Oh such joy! Happiness!

Orwell and Huxley? I guess that makes you a utopian! :mneh

Taja Loraan
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:25:17 PM
INTP here, too.

Jenny, that second page you linked to places an awful lot of importance on getting laid. :|

Oddity
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:57:36 PM
I got ISFJ

<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>Introverted</td><td>Sensing</td><td>Feeling</td><td>Judging</td></tr> <tr align="center"><td>56</td><td>38</td><td>62</td><td>11</td></tr></tbody></table>
http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&f=fourtemps&tab=2&c=protector

Some of that is actually true - customers are work think I'm rude because I don't talk that much, it's only because I'm shy and hate talking to strangers >_<

Rossos Atrapes
Sep 26th, 2008, 12:02:31 AM
Orwell and Huxley? I guess that makes you a utopian! :mneh

A utopian? An utopian? Ah, whatever. Like most things, it sounded better in my head. But yes, perhaps I am a utopian. Though I hope not in the vein of Orwell and Huxley; they's got scarey negative utopias, yo.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2008, 01:46:29 AM
I guess as an INFJ this is what I am:

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

I think this pretty much is true.

Aretsuya
Sep 26th, 2008, 03:02:27 AM
Your Type is
ENTJ<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>Extraverted</td><td>Intuitive</td><td>Thinking</td><td>Judging</td></tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="4"> Strength of the preferences % </td> </tr> <tr align="center"><td>1</td><td>75</td><td>12</td><td>22</td></tr></tbody></table>

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 26th, 2008, 06:40:41 AM
INTP here, too.

Jenny, that second page you linked to places an awful lot of importance on getting laid. :|

It does? :huh

I didn't read that part.

Rossos Atrapes
Sep 26th, 2008, 09:16:31 AM
...Hold on a tick. o_O

When this page was loading, I could have sworn I saw a long block of words that read:

Dasquian Belargic is our Beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian. Dasquian Belargic is our beloved leader. All hit on Dasquian...

I don't think I was seeing things, but it was gone when the page fully loaded. ^_^; Is this a bit of subliminal messaging there?

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 26th, 2008, 11:41:52 AM
:uhoh nothing to do with me...

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 26th, 2008, 02:43:03 PM
*COFFCOFFCOFFCOFF*

Oh my.

Razielle Alastor
Sep 26th, 2008, 08:15:42 PM
Your Type is
ISFP<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="50%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td>Introverted</td><td>Sensing</td><td>Feeling</td><td>Perceiving</td></tr> <tr align="center"> <td colspan="4"> Strength of the preferences % </td> </tr> <tr align="center"><td>44</td><td>62</td><td>88</td><td>33</td></tr></tbody></table>

Audrey Hepburn, Elvis Presley, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

:D

Pierce Tondry
Sep 26th, 2008, 08:36:26 PM
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
22 75 1 78

Hm. Works for me I guess, but how am I intuitive and judging and nil on the Think-O-Meter?

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 27th, 2008, 06:47:22 AM
I think a low score means you have big parts of both variables, i.e. you aren't a full-on "thinker", you have quite a bit of "feeling" in you too.

MissJess
Sep 28th, 2008, 04:53:03 AM
ENTJ here - figures :lol - I'm a project manager :)

Estelle Russard
Oct 1st, 2008, 07:59:51 PM
<TABLE><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>Your Type is
ENFJ</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="50%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD>Extraverted</TD><TD>Intuitive</TD><TD>Feeling</TD><TD>Judging</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=4>Strength of the preferences % </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>56</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>78</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

You are:

moderately expressed extravert
slightly expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
very expressed judging personality<TABLE borderColor=#e0eeee cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=group3 vAlign=center align=left colSpan=2>Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, Clara Barton (Founder of the American Red Cross), Ronald Reagan</TD><!--Counselor
Physician
Psychologist
Politician
Social Worker
Scientist
Teacher</ul>--></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!--</center>--></CENER>

Dont like that Im so 'judging" :o

I'nu
Oct 19th, 2008, 06:44:19 PM
I already took this test for a yoga class :P