PDA

View Full Version : New villan for x-men universe needs a beat-down.

Boulder
Sep 15th, 2008, 07:55:27 PM
I've got a new bad guy, The Boulder, who, right now, is WAY too wishy-washy as one. I need a hero to come along and kick the crap out of him during one of his little heists in order to cement him as a viable baddie. I've got a pretty good idea of how / where to do it, as well as the consequences of the botched robbery to The Boulder that would send him over the edge into deep villainy. I'm wanting to have The Boulder, not just stopped, but beaten soundly, just so long as he survives. Stab wounds, cuts, bruises, bullet holes, broken bones, etc. All will work well and help develop what I feel will be a pretty good villan for you heroes to work with...or against I guess makes more sense. I'm currently using him in the "Crime" thread, and have a bio up if anyone wants to read up on him a bit. Any feedback would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Captain Untouchable
Sep 15th, 2008, 08:06:40 PM
I might be able to help out with a bit of butt-whoopin'. He's one of those pesky people who runs around at night playing vigilante, and having large lumps of concrete and such hurled at him would be an interesting way for me to develop how his powers get used and such - so far, all he's really done is "force push" the odd thing. I can't to bullets, but I have various ninja-style weapons I can do you some damage with.

I'm all for taking you down with help though, if anyone else winds up interested. :)

What did you have in mind in regards to the how and where? Are you thinking along the lines of robbing a hardware store, or something like that?

Boulder
Sep 15th, 2008, 08:14:14 PM
I've got a mini story for him involving a sick grandmother. She's going to be needing a special kind of experimental medicine, and since they are poor, well, theft comes to mind. Kind of cliche, but the end result would be the death of The Boulder's beloved gramma, which would of course be blamed on all heroes in general, giving him a solid reason to be a villain. So, setting would be a pharmacy, lab, school, or some other place where new medicines would come from. And multiple heroes would be all the better.

The more heroes that stop him, the more he's going to hate all heroes.

And yea, ninja weapons work well. Anything that can maim him, leave him hurting physically as well as emotionally.

Also, as an FYI for anyone and everyone interested, I am going to be checking up on the forums EVERY DAY when I get home from work with the intent of posting, and I periodically check up on them several times more through out the rest of the day. So, the more often any of you post, the more in-depth the story, and the faster the pace.

Csephion Draxus
Sep 15th, 2008, 08:55:55 PM
I haven't used Vipul much lately so I'd be keen to have him school you with attrition :)

Boulder
Sep 15th, 2008, 09:10:46 PM
Sounds good. I don't see a "Vipul" on the Mutant Roll-call forum. Is he/she there? What kind of powers, attitude, etc. If you would like to keep it secret or something and just see how The Boulder deals with it, that's cool, but if possible, I like to have an idea of what I'm working with in order to make The Boulder do wrong things, make mistakes, and / or do cool stuff that may or may not be harmful. Lemme know please if you'd like to tell me or keep it secret, and we can probably get a thread up and running tomorrow if things go smoothly.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2008, 10:03:53 AM
Vipul = http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showpost.php?p=265089&postcount=55

Boulder
Sep 16th, 2008, 12:21:54 PM
Sweet. With the dopplegangers in play, you guys can push The Boulder into a corner, a kill or be killed situation, and then he can progress from being a superpowered smash and grab thief, into a more hardcore, bitter, murderous / willing to kill true villain. How's this sounding so far? If it sounds good to you two, as far as I'm concerned, the thread could be started today.

Captain Untouchable
Sep 16th, 2008, 02:29:03 PM
That's cool with me. In terms of setting up the situation, it might be best if Vipul takes you on solo first, and Untouchable stumbles across you while the initial fight is underway; that'll skirt around the need for Vipul and Untouchable to know each other in advance.

Boulder
Sep 16th, 2008, 06:40:30 PM
Cool. I was just talking to the guy who is doing Magnet Man, and he suggested that, in getting away from the cops in the "crime" thread we are doing, that I could stumble onto himself and Untouchable in the "Moonlighting Hero Work". Since The Boulder just stole over a grand, it'll be a good preliminary to rough him up a bit, take the money back, and force him into a position of not having said money to buy meds, thereby setting him up to steal them.

And if I read right, Vipul is a scientist, so I could have The Boulder bust into there at night, with Vipul working late hours, with the intention of stealing any meds he can find. Then Untouchable comes along, and BAM, we have a fun little beat-down on the developing villain.

Captain Untouchable
Sep 17th, 2008, 11:44:47 AM
That sounds good to me - its always fun tying a bunch of story threads together. :)

I think we're pretty much at the point in Moonlighting where Boulder can make his entrance, so feel free to jump in any time you want.

Boulder
Sep 20th, 2008, 10:28:07 PM
m'kay. I'm going to start this baby rolling. Thread will be called "Breaking The Boulder". Before I start it tho, I want to get something right about Vipul. He's a scientist, yes? Because that will be perfect. The Boulder will be breaking into Vipul's lab to steal an experimental drug he and his team are working on. I'm planning on it being late at night, and Vipul the only one there, which is to say, 3 or 4 of him there. If this sounds good to you both, I'll start the thread as soon as I can.

Csephion Draxus
Sep 21st, 2008, 04:47:10 PM
Vipul works at the Cullen school, so if you're thinking about a break-in type thing, it would be done there. Do you want to start with that, or work up to it in another way?

Boulder
Sep 21st, 2008, 06:53:12 PM
hmm....I think that will work fine. I wasn't planning on having him bust into Cullen's because of the multitude of potential heroes, but that will be an indicator as to how desperate he is. Is the lab there going to be inside the actual school, or more like, attached but off to the side? I'd prefer the second, but it will work regardless, and it will be late at night, so any student or faculty that wants to participate in the beat-down can just wake up, or they can be a heavy sleeper and not.

So, inside the school, or right next to in a separate / joinded building? Once that's taken care of, I think it'll be posting time.

Csephion Draxus
Sep 21st, 2008, 08:37:43 PM
Its within the school from what I know, and as long as you're cool with that, it works for me :)

Boulder
Sep 21st, 2008, 10:12:50 PM
Thread is up. Post away.