PDA

View Full Version : I'm QUITING! (For a year)

Jedieb
Sep 14th, 2008, 05:23:45 PM
I've come to a pretty big decision. I've been collecting SW since the early 90's and I've collected Hasbro stuff hardcore since 95. I've decided to take a year off. When the Force Unleashed is released on Tues. that will be the last SW item I'm going to be going out of my way to buy for a year. Anything I get after that will be items I've already had subscriptions to or ordered before the 15th. I'm also going to be putting some items on my my wish list for the following holidays; X-Mas, Valentine's Day, Father's Day, 15th Wedding Anniversary, and my birthday. So it's pretty much up to the wife to get me some stuff.

Lord, how will I handle the withdrawal? :crack

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2008, 06:05:13 PM
Good luck ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 15th, 2008, 01:22:29 AM
Good luck! My husband's collecting buddy stopped collecting a year or so ago, but he's actually just changed his collection from the toys and figures to statues and busts. Which is actually cooler, IMO. And more expensive.

But good luck taking the year off. I'm sure you'll do fine. *patpat*

Jedieb
Sep 15th, 2008, 08:02:58 AM
I've got some busts and statues as well. Gentle Giant has some neat stuff coming out for the new animated series but I've got to stay away... The one big item that I'm hoping I'll be able to get for my B-Day or X-Mas 09 is the rumored eFX LOTJ reveal saber. Nothing is official yet but alot of people think it's only a matter of time before they make it. If they do I'll be all over it. But what I'm really hoping to be able to do is stay away from the action figures, vehicles, and playsets. Ugh, it's going to be tough. Today and tomorrow are my last two days of shopping bliss. :(

JMK
Sep 21st, 2008, 08:13:23 PM
Cold turkey is tough dude. It's best to slowly put the brakes on until you realize that you can't do it anymore. I pick up the odd thing here or there, but since RotS I have picked up very very little.

This is the like "the contest" episode from Seinfeld, but it's Ed against himself. :)

Jedieb
Sep 22nd, 2008, 08:05:42 PM
Cold turkey is tough dude. It's best to slowly put the brakes on until you realize that you can't do it anymore. I pick up the odd thing here or there, but since RotS I have picked up very very little.

This is the like "the contest" episode from Seinfeld, but it's Ed against himself. :)

I'll forgive you calling me Ed, instead of Eb... BECAUSE I AM THE MASTER OF MY DOMAIN! :crack

Yog
Sep 25th, 2008, 11:25:31 AM
So, have you endured and resisted any temptations lately? ;)

Jedieb
Sep 26th, 2008, 08:12:26 AM
I passed on my first item last week. I spotted a couple of 3 packs at WalMart that I had planned on getting and walked away. There are some exclusive vehicles coming out that I really want. The only way I can get them is if the wife picks them up for me for X-Mas. It's a loophole, but at least it's not me going on toy runs. Which by the way, will probably save me close to 1 tank of gas a month.

JMK
Sep 28th, 2008, 11:15:09 AM
Wow, I can't believe I called you Ed. I must have had a serious case of the stupids that day.

The first few walkaways are the toughest. After that it gets easier. I'm at the point where I can walk in to the toy section and comfortably walk out with empty hands and a fuller wallet. :)

Liam Jinn
Sep 30th, 2008, 08:16:52 PM
You know, I saw something on a lego Death Star coming out, and my first thought was 'Poor Eb'

Jedieb
Oct 8th, 2008, 06:53:10 PM
It's a beautiful set, but even if I hadn't taken this break I probably would have passed. I just don't have the space for it!