PDA

View Full Version : Rogues & Vigilantes

Captain Untouchable
Sep 12th, 2008, 07:40:31 PM
So, I was standing around in my kitchen waiting for the toaster to pop the cinamon and raisen bagel I'd shoved in for a midnight snack, and started pondering various bits and pieces, wondering if I should try and exploit my bout of insomnia to do some posting, etc.

For some reason, a Winston Churchill quote popped into my head:

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

From what I understand (although I may be way off here - I'm still a bit of a noob >_< ), the team from Dr Cullen's deals mostly with the typical X-Men villains: other mutants or powerful people who threaten day to day citizens. However, from what I see there are a few characters (myself included) who seem more focussed on fighting the bad guys on a slightly smaller scale - swooping about the city stopping day to day crimes, and generally making the world a safer place from every kind of scum, not just the variety with super powers.

Would any of you vigilante-type characters be interested in a bit of a team-up - getting a few of us together for a few threads to have some fun running around and fighting crime as a wee group? Doesn't have to be anything permenant necessarily - just a bit of casual fun. :)

Banner Laverick
Sep 12th, 2008, 08:50:50 PM
Banner could be included, but only during breaks from school :uhoh

Captain Untouchable
Sep 12th, 2008, 11:38:16 PM
I was thinking it'd probably be one of those nighttime type thingies anyway, so that should fit in. As long as you do your homework beforehand, of course. ;)

Also, because I probably was a bit vague - this isn't necessarily an "independants only" idea. It'd take slightly more of an explanation, but characters from pretty much every angle could fit in; students and teachers at Cullen's; maybe even the odd Brotherhood person, if the premise was explained right. It doesn't matter why you want to fight criminals, just as long as you do. :)

Flux
Sep 13th, 2008, 02:54:31 PM
Felix would be fine, though he'd be a little hesitant to help humans, and likely would over-do it defending mutants. Freight Train would be all about the chance to use her powers for great justice, given her ego problem and stir-crazy from being at Cullen's all the time.