PDA

View Full Version : Way Back - Discussion!!!!

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:00:00 PM
I was using the internet archive thingy here (http://web.archive.org/) and located some old posts and stuff. I think pretty much everything that is here http://web.archive.org/web/20010604045250/http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive is also on our Classic Fans board. But anyway.

It got me thinking. Which isn't always bad. But I pose a question to you:

What accomplishment/s are you most proud of from your roleplaying back in the day? (if you weren't around prior to the roleplaying reset, pick from now)

What do you miss the most about way back?

For me, I think I'm most proud of all the havok I caused as LD when she tried to take over TSO. It really defined her as a character, imo. Also, her relationship with the Imperial Pierce Tondry... I'm really proud of that. :D Ooh, also that LD got to kill Reaper Fett. That was great. :D

And that brings me to what I miss the most - I miss roleplaying with Brian. :cry And I also miss all the plotting and RPing that Tubogeek and I used to do. And all the quips and lousy jokes ReaperFett used to tell. Because I always thought he was really funny. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:14:31 PM
Ahhh the old ezboard layout :love

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:18:52 PM
I also miss being one of the Cali Girls of evil. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:23:00 PM
I miss... how new it all felt. It was all very exciting in the beginning. It's still fun now, but it doesn't have that... WOW factor.

What I don't miss is being scared of people like Charley, DT, LD, Dale, Sorsha, all the other big-name roleplayers. :lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:37:24 PM
Holy wow!

I need to go through that a little more. I think what you linked was just before my time though, since I showed up in summer of '01.

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:39:01 PM
Ah memories :(

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:40:30 PM
Oh my goodness, I can't believe anyone was afraid of ME! You were really afraid of me? :lol I still remember being terrified that when I posted in the battleground that someone would immediately kill my character! My first thread on the Sw-fans board was in the OOC forum, and I believe Taja/Shabby posted in it as Pikachu and attached herself to LD. :lol it was funny.

I miss my brother RPing here, too.

Miranda Tarkin
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:44:16 PM
Why were people afraid of me o_o

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:51:17 PM
It was just because you were all higher ranks... Lords and such when I joined. It was intimidating. Especially people like Charley and DT, who had been around at the board for so long already and were uberpowerful IC. :mneh

Flux
Sep 1st, 2008, 08:51:29 PM
What accomplishment/s are you most proud of from your roleplaying back in the day? To be honest, every time I read back over all that old stuff, I hate it. I can't stand it; most of it sounds like a bad idea, and the rest is just a little too cheesy. I can clearly see what I was doing and where I was in life at the time of each post, and I don't like what I see.

What do you miss the most about way back? Open threads galore. These days everything has been so planned and so networked that it's hard to find a spot to jump in at, and most people don't seem to want to get involved in anything tagged "open" anymore. I miss making throwaway threads that didn't mean anything except a fun/silly writing experience, and I miss starting something without a definite goal in mind.

Morgan Evanar
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:13:31 PM
What do you miss the most about way back? Open threads galore. These days everything has been so planned and so networked that it's hard to find a spot to jump in at, and most people don't seem to want to get involved in anything tagged "open" anymore. I miss making throwaway threads that didn't mean anything except a fun/silly writing experience, and I miss starting something without a definite goal in mind. I do agree with this to some extent. Sometimes that part of the chaos was fun.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:37:49 PM
Open threads were nice.

Looking back, the only thing I really liked about it that I was really proud of was Wei's teaching time. Having padawans was fun.

Most of my favorite threads were with Navaria Tarkin. Nav, I miss ya. What else can I say?

I was also proud of Wei reaching the status of Jedi Knight. Then again, I don't know of many people who RPed Force Users who didn't like getting promoted.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 1st, 2008, 09:46:10 PM
I don't miss having apprentices. Wait, that sounds wrong, since i have some now. :uhoh But back in the day i'd put tons and tons of work into training senarios, threads, etc, and my apprentices would always disappear after one or two! :mad

Now I find it hard to put effort into it. :uhoh

Banner Laverick
Sep 1st, 2008, 11:53:01 PM
I remember Kitty linked me to one of my very very first threads at TSE, and I cringed. Horrible stuff. I agree with Zeke, sort of - yes, my older stuff is lame, but you can see how your writing has progressed and gotten better.

I miss stupid/silly fluff threads, especially the ones we had in the Jedi forums. I sort of miss rping as Dae, but I find I can't write her how I think she should be written. Maybe one day I'll get inspired and start her over yet again, but mneh.