PDA

View Full Version : Myth? Poke poke poke

Parsideon Denix
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:35:16 PM
Now that I see an upsurge in knuckleheads posting, how about it? I know you guys were having fun, and I love this RP like nothing else. Let's get back into the swing of things :)

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:43:14 PM
I had a character for this but things moved so fast, I never did post :(

Sanis Prent
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:49:49 PM
Why not start now?

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2008, 04:55:56 PM
I have to remember the name >_>

Cailean MacGabhann
Aug 17th, 2008, 05:00:05 PM
Frodo Baggins, reporting for duty.

G'lyana
Aug 17th, 2008, 05:02:15 PM
Oh hey. I remember her now :p Fian - Wood Mage here

Shemei
Aug 17th, 2008, 05:10:29 PM
I wanna play! :D

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 17th, 2008, 05:12:41 PM
I had to reregister. I'm a bad inactive person, it seems.

Sanis Prent
Aug 17th, 2008, 05:28:29 PM
Does anybody know or remember who played Calder?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:30:38 PM
Hart Kenobi?

I'm sure I said that last time and was wrong... |I

General Dan
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:32:19 PM
Thats what I thought too but I think it was wrong, yeah :lol

Its a major mystery, because I've wanted to coordinate with whoever it is for like forever.

This of course leads to the possibility of not finding Calder's player for a while. If that is the case, would I be able to write-in an incapacitation and carry him along with me until he "wakes up"?

Dasquian Belargic
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:33:46 PM
That sounds fair. I could use my magical admin powers to find out who he is, of course... but that would be cheating :mneh

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 17th, 2008, 07:37:25 PM
I'd be more than happy to fill Calder's shoes for the time being. I'd been all set up to jump in on the story, but other things took me away. Now I can play though :)

General Dan
Aug 17th, 2008, 08:00:30 PM
:) Freakin sweet I am so stoked this is happening again!

I am going to turbo-read through the story once more and get my bearings for another post

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 17th, 2008, 08:47:32 PM
I just need to figure out where the heck G'lyana is going to fit in. I know she is/was a noble that kinda lived in a secluded part of the forest a la Rivendell as Dasq reminded me!

General Dan
Aug 17th, 2008, 09:25:50 PM
Maybe had some dealings with the Larcus Brotherhood? That would also give a common thread to previous exposure to Necia, since there were some recent tangential wars there. I'm just guessing though. I know the elven folk are a bit more shy than most :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 18th, 2008, 11:21:26 AM
Frodo Baggins, reporting for duty.
I think I'm waiting on you or Kale to post. :whip

Miranda Tarkin
Aug 18th, 2008, 05:24:55 PM
I'll need a good background on that so i know what the hell I am posting about ^^

Dragon
Aug 18th, 2008, 07:43:25 PM
I'm.... horribly conflicted. :(

I knew I'd have to cut down on RP when I started grad school, which I'm just starting now. I've been going crazy on X-Men because I had loads of inspiration and loads of free time. Well, now free time is largely out, and, unfortunately, I've been short on inspiration, too.

I'm going to have to back off on the X-Men regardless. I do feel bad that I punked out on Myth last time around, and I'm sure it'd be fun to pick up again, but I don't think I can commit to much. Especially since I was hoping to do some writing of my own. I can try to find a way to write Calleh out, or someone else could take him up... Sorry, guys, I kinda feel like I let you down on this one. :(

Byl Laprovik
Aug 18th, 2008, 07:46:21 PM
If you must pass Calleh on and nobody takes you up on that awesome opportunity, I would love to do so. I really hope it doesn't come to that since I have immense fun writing with you, but you're the best judge of that sort of thing.

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 18th, 2008, 08:19:04 PM
That's a real shame :( Maybe you could put a curse on him to freeze him in some sort of spell until you're able to make a return? That way you'd have to come back :)

Vipul Chandrashekar
Aug 18th, 2008, 08:20:32 PM
That's a real shame :( Maybe you could put a curse on him to freeze him in some sort of spell until you're able to make a return? That way you'd have to come back :)

This idea is good. I vote we leave no trooper behind. To be honest, this universe is just too rich to let people fall off the apple cart. I mean TV shoes write segues when leading ladies get pregnant, so why not?

Dragon
Aug 18th, 2008, 08:35:55 PM
I am NOT getting Calleh pregnant! :mad

Bette Davis
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:15:16 AM
I'll do it. Get him pregnant, that is. ;)

:lol

Qadir Uthman Khel
Aug 19th, 2008, 05:42:32 AM
I'll do it. Get him pregnant, that is. ;)

So I got drunk one day, and this wizard...

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:47:04 PM
So, Mr. Denix, would you care to scheme with me? I'm sure it won't be hard to come up with more than a few reasons for our characters to be at each other's throats :)

Anbira Hicchoru
Aug 19th, 2008, 07:52:46 PM
Fyrian is a name that portends a lot of potential conflict. Are you the Fyrian, or related to the Pirate lord?

Also, who are you lol? I want to keep tabs on my Myth buddies so I don't repeat history!

Lilaena
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:01:19 PM
:lol he doesn't know who you are!

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:13:39 PM
I'm the Fyrian, yes.

I've got a very 'Princess Bride' take on it though, in that there's always been a Fyrian at the head of the Fold, but much like the Dread Pirate Roberts, the name 'Fyrian' is passed to each successor.

So in essence, it's not really all that obvious who Fyrian is until he/she makes themselves known :)

Qadir Uthman Khel
Aug 19th, 2008, 08:26:29 PM
Ok good, I was hoping for an interpretation of that sort. It's a good plot element.

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 19th, 2008, 10:47:24 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you've got more than a few folks registered, hehe :)

But yes, that will be a fun angle that I'm anxious to explore. The whole not knowing who this weird Glaucan lady is, and then surprise!

Qadir Uthman Khel
Aug 20th, 2008, 05:57:22 AM
I like that :)

Right now, Denix & Calder are spending a quick stay in a dilapidated backwater, a bit inland from the coast. I am assuming that Fyrian either shipwrecked as well or landed somewhere. If we're going toward Steelwood, were you planning on meeting there, or something else?

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 21st, 2008, 07:07:36 PM
It might be fun if she met with them on their way to Steelwood.

She'd have been able to weather out the storm, but only barely. Repairs would definately be needed to say the least. However, what if one of her crew (or even someone else close within the Fold) made off with the Golden Lantern (I believe that's what it was?) for their own ends, leaving both Fyrian and Denix chasing after it together.

Basically they're helping each other, but each one is intent on taking it from the other when it comes to the end?

General Dan
Aug 22nd, 2008, 08:19:05 PM
I like that :).

I'm almost done catching up with the thread, and I'll be posting soon :)

Parsideon Denix
Aug 23rd, 2008, 12:53:19 PM
Lookie that, I posted (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=277889#post277889)

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 23rd, 2008, 01:37:30 PM
ye gods its a miracle!

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 24th, 2008, 04:29:59 PM
Is there a good spot that I might jump in between you and Moreth?

Parsideon Denix
Aug 24th, 2008, 04:31:42 PM
Might be best to do it at Steelwood, which we'll be at very shortly :)

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 24th, 2008, 04:43:05 PM
Sounds good to me :)

Csephion Draxus
Aug 24th, 2008, 08:43:29 PM
What great fortune does my arrival upon this plane augur? The Great Aquila opens her eyes and looks to the West, a great hungry bird of prey from atop the marble dome of Demos. Woe, woe, woe unto the rabble.

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 24th, 2008, 08:54:19 PM
The so-called rabble is a beast that no man can tame, and if he claims that he can, he is a fool. Man and Glaucan alike will follow their own paths and throw away the shackles of those who would call themselves a conquerer.

Csephion Draxus
Aug 24th, 2008, 09:23:23 PM
Do not lament, toothsome sea nymph. We are not divorced from our mutual interest. Those who lack vision claim that mortal dominion over fellow mortals is hubris, yet give dominion without question to the Gods and Goddesses of all things, of their many ranks which so few have seen with living eyes. This hubris is ill accused. A man of such fortitude of character to bend Asga into allegiance is an agent of higher purposes.

Ariadne Fyrian
Aug 24th, 2008, 09:50:12 PM
Oh I do not lament, Necian. I simply offer a word of caution to you. The Gods are who they are because they are greater than any mortal can be. It is good for a person to aspire for godly virtues, but if that person were to try and climb the mountains to be level with the Gods, he must be prepared to fall a long way.

You would no doubt call myself a lawless purveyer of disorder and chaos, but I assure you that is not the case.There is chaos in every man's heart, including yours. It is a crime to resist it and bury it beneath order. I will do no such thing, and neither will those who follow me. We live by the will of the Gods alone, and follow their laws. Nothing has more importance than that.

Moreth
Aug 25th, 2008, 09:09:49 AM
See what your fair words profit when death is upon you. But I have come only to deliver this oracle: soon the halls of the Steelwood will tremble with the cry of battle, and all will be plunged into sublime chaos. If you or any other wish to make an appearance, that will be the hour of opportunity.

You may now return to your sophist games.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 25th, 2008, 10:14:30 AM

Methinks that next time we wish to move ahead in story and timeline, we shouldst employ the Scribe of Ages to do so. ;)

*coffcoff* Jenny *coffcoff*

Anyway, the Scribe is in danger of being deleted, its been over a year since it was used. :)