PDA

View Full Version : Had a question about Vanguard/Jericho

Ricky Rider
Aug 7th, 2008, 03:16:03 PM
I read the wiki (yes, really, don't act so surprised) and discovered that these things are connected. Would one or the other be opposed to using a mutant for their own ends? For instant, using a captive mutant to go attack other mutants, cause havoc to help stir fear against mutants, etc?

Jack Brocius
Aug 7th, 2008, 08:54:34 PM
I can only slightly speak on this (through Praetorian Consulting) but PCC uses isolated gene therapy meds developed through Vanguard to "improve" some of its operators, and they also carry out extraordinary rendition of certain mutants. I think its safe to say that this would be on bound.

General Gideon Vasher
Aug 7th, 2008, 09:46:43 PM
Vanguard is something I created to use occasionally for story fuel. If anyone else wants to take an active part in it (and any part would be more active than I've been lately), I'm all for it.

Jericho is purely a research facility. They do whatever they like within their own walls, including maintaining an armed guard, but they're careful to keep up a good PR, since they are receiving government funds.

The sort of intrigue you're talking about is right up Vanguard's alley, though. And they do use Jericho as a pipeline for test subjects, so the mutant in question could easily be a Jericho patient. I say go for it, and feel free to create Vanguard NPCs to fill out the plot. I could also try to lend a hand if you like, but as crazy as the next few weeks will be, I can't promise I won't slow you down.

Ricky Rider
Aug 8th, 2008, 09:17:32 AM
Well, my idea was this:

Ricky has rather violent powers, and since he's not in full control of them, he's been responsible for his share of property damage and human injuries (maybe even a few accidentally casualties). He's also on the run, and running out of money, so he's starting to turn to crime to get by.

I thought that it might not be unreasonable for this kind of mutant activity to catch Vanguard's attention as the police reports and things go flying up the ladder to them, as the police aren't really capable of fighting a mutant who can project lasers from his body.

I also thought it might not be unreasonable for Vanguard to want to use such a magnificent combat power for their own ends, create a report/file/dossier/whatever-you-call-it on Ricky, his powers, his movements, and how it might be best to capture him and bring him back to Jericho/Vanguard to make him further their own anti-mutant agenda. The opening thread could be a Vanguard member simply tracking him and observing him in preparation for a fight, or outright confronting Ricky and capturing him.

Is any of this acceptable?

EDIT: Gonna throw a thread out there and if I get any Vanguard guys, I'll poke around about running this kind of arc. Otherwise, whee, open thread shenanigans.