PDA

View Full Version : Justice, Montana

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 19th, 2008, 05:45:28 PM
After initial brainstorming with Wyl, Justice, Montana has begun to take shape.

Set in the mid to late 1800's in Montana around the time of the Montana Gold Rush, this should allow us lots of fun to play with, especially when it comes to the Bozeman Trail, the Souix, and every other piece of depravity that came out of gold mining towns.

Now, what sort of places are in Justice, do you ask? Well let's see here. We've got:

The jail - For the sherriff, his deputies, and a few marshalls.
A hotel
A whorehouse
A general store
Possibly a bank
A saloon
Outlying ranches

This is just something basic, and I figure we can all chip in and get something really fun started :clint

Now I want to make topic tags for it ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 19th, 2008, 06:24:22 PM
We're going... straight to the WILD WILD WEST!

Damn that film. Anyway!

I don't know much about cowboys so maybe I will play a steampunk Victorian who has come to see the New World :mneh

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 19th, 2008, 06:30:23 PM
Fun films for inspiration!

Silverado
The Quick and the Dead
Bad Girls
Deadwood (HBO series)
Unforgiven
Tombstone

And I'm sure Charley will pop in at some point and name some others ;)

Emmett Colt
Jul 19th, 2008, 09:42:47 PM
I am so excited to start working my ranch. :D

Randall Rudd
Jul 20th, 2008, 09:58:21 AM
Jenny, European speculators and entrepeneurs were commonplace in the late west. I mean, we're a country of immigrants, so run with it by all means :)

Fun films for inspiration!

Silverado
The Quick and the Dead
Bad Girls
Deadwood (HBO series)
Unforgiven
Tombstone

And I'm sure Charley will pop in at some point and name some others ;)

You can't list Quick & the Dead without also having Once Upon a Time in the West. The endings are almost identical :) They're among the most iconic westerns in my opinion.

The Man With No Name Trilogy is vital as well (Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly). Might as well add High Plains Drifter, True Grit, and The Outlaw Josey Wales to the list as well.

Hell, don't stop there. Dances with Wolves is great fodder, as is my favorite deep frontier movie, Jeremiah Johnson.

Harold Alexander Truss
Jul 20th, 2008, 12:12:21 PM
Greetings and how do, ladies and gents. I'm H. Alexander Truss, foreman of the Big Sky Livestock Company, own majority stake in the Sawback Silver Mine, and the Justice General Store. On the side, I'm also mayor of our little hamlet. All are welcome to stake a claim in Justice. Carpetbaggers, vagabonds, negroes, and indians, so long as they profess their faith in the Lord. We reckon to give you a fresh start here.

I run a clean ship. Keep the whoring, laudinum, and the chinamen out past the city limits and we'll get along right as rain.

Andy McCall
Jul 20th, 2008, 01:19:11 PM
There ain't nothin' fun about clean ships. Boozing, <strike>robbing trains,</strike> gambling, and whoring are the best parts about the west. But I'll remember to stay within the law just enough to where I don't get a noose put 'round my neck.

Crawfish Mullins
Jul 20th, 2008, 01:19:48 PM
*spits*

We gonna jaw all day or play some damn cards? I ain't here for your company.

Andy McCall
Jul 20th, 2008, 01:21:02 PM
And I ain't here for yours.

Emmett Colt
Jul 20th, 2008, 01:36:36 PM
How 'bout mine, darlin'? I'm a little less scraggly and pay better. ;)

Andy McCall
Jul 20th, 2008, 01:46:17 PM
I think you and I can talk some business :)

Harold Alexander Truss
Jul 20th, 2008, 03:03:48 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=275001#post275001

Andy McCall
Jul 20th, 2008, 03:17:33 PM
Some quick topic tags for Justice:

Park Kraken
Jul 21st, 2008, 01:43:12 AM
What is this about? I don't remember seeing a topic talking about this. Although it would be interesting to participate. I assume Blacksmiths would also be present? Gotta get the spurs and guns from somewhere.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 21st, 2008, 05:21:15 AM
This is the topic that talks about it o_O

Park Kraken
Jul 21st, 2008, 12:28:51 PM
Is there someplace for a Blacksmith to set up shop in town?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 21st, 2008, 12:52:29 PM
I don't see why not :)

edit: Though, a blacksmith wouldn't really make guns. That's what a gunsmith does. An old west blacksmith would more than likely provide shoeing for horses, wrought iron gates, grills, railings, furniture, sculpture, tools, agricultural implements, decorative and religious items, and cooking utensils.

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 17th, 2008, 11:27:37 AM
uploaded the icons 'cause I just found this thread. :o

Chumani
Aug 17th, 2008, 12:19:39 PM
pew pew pew!

Or whatever sound a bow and arrow makes. ;)

Patience Darklighter
Aug 17th, 2008, 12:31:00 PM
I'm moving this character to the Justice universe since everybody was a poop-head in SW and would never RP with me :p