PDA

View Full Version : trapped by the mysterious 'island-time' monster

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 8th, 2008, 03:19:55 PM
So.

Apparently one of the side effects of returning from Spain (besides the ridiculous jet-lag and disorientation) is that I have no motivation whatsoever to do anything besides lounge about the house in my bikini and make/drink rooibos ginger beer.

Seriously. This morning for breakfast? I fed my children mac'n'cheese. From a box. The instant, microwaveable stuff. And it wasn't organic (gasp!) or whole wheat. Which in our house is unheard of because we are quasi-hippy health freaks who live on a hippy health freak island.

It's like my brain is firmly set in the 'off' position. It stoutly refuses to kick into gear even though I ought to be writing the gazillion posts that need writing. Or doing laundry/dishes/gardening/milking/mopping/answering the phone/etc.

:( (well that's a lie cause really I'm like :))

Yeart Quenn
Jul 8th, 2008, 03:29:42 PM
Ah but see.... if that's what your brain is doing to you, then let it. You should always listen to what your body is saying. Even if it might be totally weird and different, and it means stuff doesn't get done. Usually the brain/body knows best what it needs. ESPECIALLY if you're preggers :p

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:17:58 PM
Somehow I don't think 8 wks is far enough along to justify the level of laziness in which I am currently schlepping. ^_^;

Figrin D'an
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:18:51 PM
Eh, the laziness will pass. After I got back from Italy, I didn't feel like doing anything for about a week. I'd go to work, come home, eat dinner and then watch movies/sleep. I was back to normal the week after that.

Ryan Pode
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:38:44 PM
So.

Seriously. This morning for breakfast? I fed my children mac'n'cheese. From a box. The instant, microwaveable stuff.

You mean that's not acceptable parenting?

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:56:45 PM
Well there's nothing wrong with it but we generally try to stay away from such stuff. Normally it's steel cut oats in the morning with fresh fruit or a vegetable frittata, occasionally we'll just bake and mash apples if we're feeling like taking the easy-out.

If we're going to have mac'n'cheese and it's not homemade, we prefer to at least get the whole wheat, organic brands.

Ryan Pode
Jul 8th, 2008, 04:58:48 PM
... What the hell. Kids need to eat like... trix and lucky charms. Mashed apples? Hippie. :rolleyes

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:02:02 PM
Trix and Lucky Charms? :lol

Obviously you have not met my children - feeding them that would be akin to giving a herd of Jack Russell Terrier's speed, then washing it down with espresso.

And besides, mashed apples with a little bit of cinnamon on top, hot outta the oven? Delish. :yum

Ryan Pode
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:03:17 PM
Isn't mashed apples applesauce?

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:08:16 PM
No, you don't bake them long enough to make them sauce, and you don't mash them enough. It's more like a less sugary apple-pie filling.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 8th, 2008, 06:19:32 PM
Wait.. you went to Spain?!

We probably spoke about that already, actually. >_>

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 8th, 2008, 08:24:45 PM
Well, really, a Spanish archipelago - but we stopped in Madrid both ways. And Casablanca.

Don't worry, it's all the rum's fault. ;)

Razielle Alastor
Jul 8th, 2008, 08:57:48 PM
I heard about the rum! :lol

Welcome back, my hippie friend! :glomp

Wyl Staedtler
Jul 10th, 2008, 04:11:11 PM
:hug

Hallo you!

Still no motivation. All I've done today is keep the kids busy and watch Rick Mercer make fun of Americans. ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:15:40 PM
I fully agree that being 8 weeks along justifies being a little lazy. Plus you need to enjoy things now before the morning sickness hits. :uhoh

Kelly Perris
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:41:19 PM
Heck, SUMMER justifies laziness. Plain and simple. :lol

Sanis Prent
Jul 10th, 2008, 10:09:40 PM
Sometimes (tonight) I also eat cereal and don't cook.

It happens to the best of us.

Cat X
Jul 10th, 2008, 10:30:50 PM
What's this thing called "lazy"?

One call and every day before leaving for Europe has been consumed. I wont be sleeping for two weeks.