PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Panda

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2008, 07:01:30 PM
I just watched this, DreamWorks latest animated feature, and found it surprisingly enjoyable. I have had mixed experiences with DreamWorks Animation in the past - I really enjoyed Shrek and Over the Hedge, but Shark Tale and Bee Movie I didn't find funny. Visually, it all looks really neat and the fight scenes are especially entertaining to watch. It was definitely refreshing to see a movie, particularly animated, that didn't rely upon constant references to pop culture for jokes. :)

Captain Untouchable
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:16:41 PM
Its a great film, although those of you who find Jack Black irritating might have to fight their way through sections of it. I found it immensely enjoyable - like Jen said, it was funny in its own right rather than having to leech off pop culture to insert some humour. There are some fantastic fortune cookie style pearls of wisdom in there as well, and its all worth it just to see how they managed to choreograph fight scenes featuring a kung fu snake and a praying mantis!

Definately something I'll be buying on DVD as soon as it is released. :)

Darth Callidus
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:19:35 PM
Honestly, I didn't think that Jack Black hammed it up as much as he usually does. Even people who aren't big fans of Black could probably enjoy this, as he tones his normal wackiness down a lot - well, after the opening scene anyway :mneh

Captain Untouchable
Jul 1st, 2008, 09:29:38 PM
Yeah, it was the opening I was thinking of more than anything else. One of my old school friends went to see it and left within the first few minutes - someone had to go retrieve them from the toilet once he was done talking. :lol