PDA

View Full Version : RIP Tim Russert

Liam Jinn
Jun 13th, 2008, 02:53:43 PM
Talk about out of nowhere. Apparently he collapsed and died from a heart attack while at work earlier this afternoon.

CMJ
Jun 13th, 2008, 03:03:28 PM
I don't watch Meet the Press every week, but I've been a viewer off an on for I'd guess 15 years. I loved his personal touches on air. I loved his shout outs to sports teams and his family. Loved his chalk board. Loved the twinkle in his eye when he was amused with something.

RIP big guy.

Yog
Jun 13th, 2008, 04:26:06 PM
Even me, a European know who he is. RIP :(

Rutabaga
Jun 13th, 2008, 05:26:22 PM
Although I never watch Meet The Press, there's no denying that Tim Russert was a giant figure in American political journalism. This is a terrible shock, and a terrible loss. 58 is simply too young to die, when you still have so much life ahead of you. :(

Figrin D'an
Jun 13th, 2008, 06:26:01 PM
What a shock. He was one of the few political commentators whom I felt was genuinely fair in his assessments and did his best to actually get to the heart of issues when interviewing political figures. He has been such an ever present figure on NBC for so long, it's hard to imagine political coverage without him.

My condolences to his family.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 13th, 2008, 07:33:02 PM
I was shocked to hear the news this afternoon. He was a great journalist and he will be missed.