PDA

View Full Version : Summer vacation!

Dragon
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:12:38 PM
We're obviously using the calendar in the X-Men RP however it suits us, but I like the idea of really progressing through the year rather than having an eternal semester going on and on.

I've suggested in a few of my recent posts that the school year is winding down. I was thinking Jacinda's kidnapping would happen close to the end of the school year, and the actual hurricane plot would go down toward the beginning of summer.

Charley and I also have plans for Taya during the summer.

But, other than that, anybody have any ideas for summer escapades? Vacations? End-of-school riots? Certainly no reason we can't fill out the rest of the semester with more school-related threads, but I think it'd be cool to see these characters out there in the real world, too.

Mercure
Jun 9th, 2008, 07:39:28 PM
I plan on returning to Montreal, getting arrested, and then smoking some scientist butt. Not neccesarily in that order. :)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 9th, 2008, 10:37:30 PM
I'm still trying to work out what to do with Joe. Maybe one of the teachers notices that he has a Glock and uses it every Sunday morning.

Dragon
Jun 9th, 2008, 11:27:20 PM
I hope you brought enough rounds for everybody! :mad

Actually, yeah, had been kinda wondering about that.

Stern
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:22:44 PM
Stern will be trying to gain employment close by campus. After all, what college student really wants to go home for the summer? Internships also would be nice.

Cullen's is a boarding school. Will students be staying there over the summer? Granted, nothing will be going on class-wise, but even so. This is more for curiosity than anything else.

Taya Robbins
Jun 12th, 2008, 10:23:04 PM
I'd imagine there are students who don't have a home to go back to (Jacinda :(), and students who may have otherwise arranged to stay over the summer.

Nuro Alston
Jun 12th, 2008, 11:50:06 PM
I dont know what to do with Nuro.
But I have plenty of ideas to do overall...so maybe I'll just use him.

Carlos Calaveras
Jun 13th, 2008, 04:54:42 PM
Carlos will probably stick around at school. It's less cramped than his family home, full of all his siblings.

Plus he has important duties at school that he can't leave behind... *cough X-Men cough*

Jacinda Blake
Jun 13th, 2008, 04:55:41 PM
Yeah Jas will be all graduated too after this year, and no family to go home to will be the suck. She better get through college fast so she can teach! :lol

She did inherit a house and a fortune though, so maybe we'll have a grad party at Jacinda's place! :p

Tess Abrahams
Jun 14th, 2008, 03:47:08 AM
This summer I will be ...

;)

Jacinda Blake
Jun 14th, 2008, 08:26:20 AM
:twak vile betrayer! We could be at the beach in bikini's but nooooooo, someone wants to have me dragged to Antarctica! :(

:p

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:28:43 AM
http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Mutants_Unite_Timeline#2008

I'm not sure what Vigilante is doing over the summer because I'm not sure where her current RPs are in this timeline!!

There are like 50-100 RPs that aren't listed and I'm getting more confused as to which ones go in what order, if that makes sense? You don't have to put links, those can be added later, but at least thread titles would be helpful. :D Puhleeeeeze

Daria Nytherciria
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:32:06 AM
I'm not sure where everything goes in the Timeline, to be honest. I've just been steadily working through the school year, at a pretty realistic pace... hence why summer vacation is creeping up, because it's actually summer! :mneh

The last things to happen for the school year, I think, are going to be a) Jacinda getting kidnapped by the brotherhood and b) Francoise waking up. Though they are almost happening simultaneuosly :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:45:15 AM
I would love for Out of Thin Air to progress some. :(

edit: and at the very least, everyone should know what order their own RPs come in! Don't worry about dates. ^_^;

Daria Nytherciria
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:48:45 AM
My threads go pretty much in the order they've been posted in, except for Time to Say Goodbye which is kind of in a timeline of its own ^_^;

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:55:44 AM
I was pretty sure that's the case, only they're not in the order in which they were started, but in the order of what the last post was. So, they're still all out of order. ;)

Jacinda Blake
Jun 14th, 2008, 09:57:32 AM
I'll get my threads in order for ya Holly! :D

Daria Nytherciria
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:00:36 AM
Well, I will happily post up a little summary of what's been going on if you're confused :mneh It's not that complex. We only have a handful of major storylines which are liable to effect everyone.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:09:19 AM
I'll get my threads in order for ya Holly! :D

thankee kindly :eee

I put all the thread titles I could find in the wiki, just they're in the order of last post, not first post. I wonder if we can somehow rig the forum so you can order them by first post??

Anyway I imagined Out of Thin Air happening shortly before Francoise wakes up, so it would be right near the end of the school year then. And Money Money Money happens five minutes before Out of Thin Air. :p

Dragon
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:57:55 AM
Trying to sort every single thread out will be a major chore. Probably easier just to throw them all up there and let people tweak them as necessary.

There's at least one mistake up there already, as I think we have Mute in London's Burning before he's recruited in Expanding the Nuclear Family...

Carlos Calaveras
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:00:59 AM
Any inconsistencies we can just blame on Francoise, messing with time :mneh

Ethan Daniels
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:10:51 AM
:cry So true

I guess Ethan is going on a mental summer vacation with Fran for the summer :p

Francoise Dupont
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:14:38 AM
Let's run away to the south of France and make <strike>hideously deformed giant</strike> babies!

:uhoh

Anita Stern
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:15:18 AM
^Oh, haha, darling. Haha.

I don't know what I'm doing yet. Could be anything. :p

Ethan Daniels
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:17:04 AM
Let's run away to the south of France and make <strike>hideously deformed giant</strike> babies!

:uhoh

>_< This nightmare continues to be worse!

Anita Stern
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:36:11 AM
...you guys are giving me mental images I should NOT be having.

Thanks a bunch. :rolleyes Remind me not to touch either of you when you're daydreaming.

Tess Abrahams
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:45:28 AM
:twak vile betrayer! We could be at the beach in bikini's but nooooooo, someone wants to have me dragged to Antarctica! :(

:p

Well if I'd known there were going to be bikinis earlier, I might not have given you up to the baddies in the first place! Oy vey... :grumble

:D

Carlos Calaveras
Jun 14th, 2008, 11:48:42 AM
Oh, thanks Tess :grumble

Jacinda Blake
Jun 14th, 2008, 12:54:02 PM
Parkas and tobogans it is! :p

The Brotherhood
Jun 14th, 2008, 06:23:37 PM
The Savage Land is tropical! I'm sure it has beaches!

And dinosaurs...

Banner Laverick
Jun 18th, 2008, 01:02:00 AM
I was thinking of maybe having Banner stay at the school, but restart her "super hero" career. Maybe some more time with Felix/get involved with the Brotherhood.

I would like to do some more "fun"/not brooding/grumpy threads with her >_>; And sorry for people I started threads with and never got around to finishing too :(