PDA

View Full Version : Big Fire At Universal Studios

Rutabaga
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:40:19 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/06/01/studio.fire/index.html

The King Kong exhibit, which was part of the backlot tour at Universal, has been lost to the fire...it's a shame, because as cheesy as it was, it was kind of fun. And Hill Valley is gone too...the town square that is probably best known from the Back to the Future movies has burned. That clock tower was such an iconic image, and now it's gone :(. Plus they've lost some video vaults as well.

But the MTV Movie Awards, scheduled to take place tonight at the theater there at Universal, are going to go on as planned. That's show biz for ya!

Sanya Tagge
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:41:27 PM
The clock tower... :cry what an unfortunate loss.

Mitch
Jun 1st, 2008, 06:52:53 PM
Man, I was just there last month. It was so neat to see all the things and places I've seen in movies, and it is sad that it's gone now. But, I'm sure they'll rebuild the clock tower (it's too iconic to lose) and they'll make a new King King I'd wager. In about eight months they'll probably be ready for unveiling.

Jedi Master Carr
Jun 1st, 2008, 11:29:51 PM
Actually I read they saved the clock tower but the rest is gone. I wonder if they will rebuild it. It is a huge shame though.

Rutabaga
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:02:02 AM
I saw footage on the LA news late yesterday evening that sure seemed to show that the clock tower wasn't completely destroyed, so yeah, the reports of its demise might have been a little premature. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:37:44 AM
Man, the video of the explosion during the fire is impressive!!