PDA

View Full Version : I Have Returned (formerly Alive and Breathing)

Vince
May 26th, 2008, 09:34:31 PM
I've been extremely quiet for the past few weeks, and I apologize most sincerely for seemingly disappearing for weeks on end. I don't remember if I posted, but I've returned home for the summer, and been extremely busy and lazy on intervals since then. Sadly, the lazy periods are uncommon, and whenever they seem to pop up, I'm not near a computer.

After a month or so of job searching to no avail, I have found a job as a host (and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be upped to a server) in a place called Texas Steakhouse & Saloon. Crappy pay, but despite the lagging economy, the servers seem to make good tips there, so I'm hopeful that the holidays will bring in enough to make a second job unnecessary.

I'll try to keep up with the forum more often, but any rps will be either extremely slow or just on hold until I catch a moment to allow myself more time to properly write out a post (it takes more time than one might think for me).

Sorry again, and I hope everyone's been well in my absence.

Banner Laverick
May 26th, 2008, 09:47:20 PM
Trix who? :mischief

Glad to see you havent fallen off the face of the earth.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 27th, 2008, 12:04:43 AM
Woohoo good luck on becoming a server! :) If I lived nearby I'd stop in for free food. ;)

Atton Kira
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:47:50 PM
I just got really confused. When you said you were a "host", and were hoping to upgrade to a "server", I thought you were making some kind of internet/computer reference. ^_^;

I need to sleep more. >_<

Vince
Jun 17th, 2008, 08:01:09 PM
Well, remember how I said thatI hoped to be upped to server at Texas Steakhouse? Didn't happen, and they said it probably won't happen. So, long story short, I'm quitting as soon as I get my next pay check. Thankfully I have been busy in the meantime; I have recently done my orientation part 1 for an actual server position at Bennigan's Grill and Tavern (as a sweetener, I might be getting Bartender training as well, but I'm not holding my breath for it).

Also: I'm an uncle now! My nephew, Anthony Lee Felix Barriente, was born a week and a half ago, about two months premature, due to complications with the placenta not getting enough blood flow. Thankfully there were no real complications with the C-section, nor with the child after the fact; his lungs are working just fine, and he seems to be developing just fine in what is essentially a very high tech incubator for human babies. I keep hearing little cheeps though and keep expecting to see little baby chickens running around and crapping in their food.

But whatever happens to me happens in spades. An old high school friend called me and told me about a guy who was in my class had committed suicide the week before. She had thought that I knew him or something, and was wondering if I was going to the memorial service and the funeral. I didn't know the guy, and didn't think that his family would want complete strangers just showing up, so I wasn't going to go. Apparently my language wasn't clear enough, and she ended calling my house about every other hour while I went out to see a friend who just came in from Vegas (with a PS3! FIFA 08 here I come!). I was told that she thought I had said I would go. I kinda feel bad that I'm essentially blowing off an old friend, but when going to some guy's funeral is the topic after I said I didn't know them and wouldn't go, I'd just rather not talk to them. Add the fact that I haven't seen them since high school ended, and I feel a mite awkward talking to her at all, since about three or four years have passed since then.

And that's what has happened since my last post.

I just got really confused. When you said you were a "host", and were hoping to upgrade to a "server", I thought you were making some kind of internet/computer reference. ^_^;

I need to sleep more. >_<

Yes. Sleep seems quite necessary for you.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 17th, 2008, 10:00:13 PM
Glad to hear your little nephew is doing good! And I hope Bennigans is better to you than the steakhouse. :)

Vince
Jul 14th, 2008, 10:12:59 PM
Well, Bennigan's is working out quite well so far (tonight I walked out with sixty nine dollars in my pocket in tips), though I put in a lot of hours to make the money I need to.

However, it seems this isn't going to be easy no matter what I do. First off, about four days ago, my i-Pod broke while I was riding to work. I had gotten it about four years ago, so it was old, but it couldn't have happened at a worse time, and of the 700+ songs on it, over three quarters of them weren't backed up. And just about three days ago, my bike was stolen from where it was chained up behind the restaurant. This is a very hard blow, as transportation in my largely suburban and rural area is either A. a car; B. get a ride from someone with a car and pray you make enough money to cover the gas; C. or have a bike.

A. can't work because the only car I could drive on a regular basis blew out a tire, and the engine is prety much messed up by my brothers. B. is pretty much self explanatory, and I had C. until it was stolen.

Other than that, I'm still breathing, and making money. I don't know if I can make my goal for the summer, but I'll make as much as possible until the last minute.

Vince
Aug 7th, 2008, 01:44:36 PM
Remember how I said Bennigan's was working out rather well? Well, I amend that statement now. Some of you might have heard that MRG declared bankruptcy about two or so weeks ago; that means that all the Bennigan's and other restaurants owned by MRG were effectively closed.

I'm out of a job, and only a month of summer vacation left. When it rains, it literally pours.

No one is hiring me for what little time I have left, so the deal for now is that I'm doing a lot of work around the house and watching the younger children while the parents do their errands during the day. After a straight week of helping out a family friend and doing several odd jobs about the house, I finally have a little free time to write an update.

I certainly hope that you guys are having a better vacation than what I have had so far.

Vince
Sep 5th, 2008, 12:22:40 AM
Well, I've returned for another year of university, and it feels good to actually be back; personally, I think it's the much improved sense of privacy.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 5th, 2008, 05:37:03 AM
:wave welcome back.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 5th, 2008, 03:37:06 PM
Welcome back! I hope university treats you well this year. :)