PDA

View Full Version : Top Secret

Travis North
May 18th, 2008, 12:48:56 PM
I figure the title would draw attention. Sorry to disappoint you Alliance types... It's a trap!

I want to know what's going down on both sides of the Galaxy and what everyone wants to see happen. So lets share what ideas we have and plan some stuff.

Karl Valten
May 18th, 2008, 01:00:04 PM
Alrighty, I have something scheming that could get both the alliance and the imps involved....and quite possibly trap a few others between the factions.

All I can give you at the moment until I have time to write everything down. I'll be around later this evening and give you some more to work with. :p

Miranda Tarkin
May 18th, 2008, 01:04:33 PM
Right now next phase is to talk with Anar and finally maybe get this Empress thing noted publicly! Then I know there will be some approaches as to new Hands.

Alliance stuff... I'm up for whatever. I do have my Intel character and of course Miranda can help if plausible.

Travis North
May 18th, 2008, 02:35:13 PM
Good to hear. I've been thinking about the fleet and dusting it off seeing as far as the rest of the Galaxy is concerned the Empire is doing a damn good job at policing itself.

I really want to carve out a slice of the Unknown Regions and open up new possibilities for the community as a whole. That'll take work and support. I recall similar writings from both Khendon and Taylor about the UR. (Are they still about?) If the idea takes off I'd really like to include the other factions in an attempt to create a Freelancer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freelancer_%28video_game%29) universe of play.

Park Kraken
May 18th, 2008, 09:55:30 PM
Someone beams fake intelligence reports to the Imperial Fleet talking about a slew of hidden Rebel bases in the UR, and a massive fleet operation is launched to attack the Rebels, but finding nothing there, they split up and search around, and they still don't find Rebels, but they do open up a decent slice of UR colonize and become friends or enemies with?

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2008, 12:49:53 AM
The UR, hmm... colonization, potentially threatening alien worlds. Could be cool!

I think the introduction of the Empress should add some oomf to things. Certainly IC it would spark a lot of reaction. Imperial supporters would take it as a sign that the Empire is on the up and up, whilst Rebel supporters might start rioting.

Travis North
May 19th, 2008, 08:27:44 AM
With a new Empress recognized I think some Rebels might see an oppourtunity to open up peace talks... At least redefine why we are at war.

With Palpatine and most of the "evil" characters dead the Alliance has had their victory on the battleground. It's now time to focus on the Galaxy's internal struggle of racism against alien species since neither faction really cares about democracy as far as I can see. This could lead to expansion into the UR which would relieve pressure on the government from citizens wanting their own space.

I do like having something draw the Imperials into the UR. It brings the military into the picture along with the colonists.

Park Kraken
May 19th, 2008, 02:05:37 PM
Ooh, actually, you know what? This could be a perfect opportunity to bring the Yuuzhan Vong into the picture, but with them already inside the galaxy, invading from the unknown regions?

Either that, or perhaps they unleash several plagues, which forces people in the galaxy to find new places to live, thus having people migrate into the UR.

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2008, 02:13:32 PM
You know, I had the automatic urge to say that the Vong are stupid and we should stay away from them... but if we played them right, instead of exploiting the idea as people did in the past, it could be interesting.

Travis North
May 19th, 2008, 02:55:25 PM
I'm pretty cool with the Vong in most areas. That said it'd take a lot of work to introduce the idea into the community. I predict a lot of people throwing fits at the slightest hint of a YV encounter. If the idea flies I'd recommend running into the Vong while colonizing as opposed to the plague.

Miranda Tarkin
May 19th, 2008, 03:58:43 PM
So if I am understanding everyone correctly, we're moving closer to the books where there is no out right war between the two, but eventually everyone will have their own pieces of the galaxy to govern?

Granted that will take awhile to do, but that is what I see us heading towards which makes sense.

I hate the Vong >_> hate! But if it is to be used as an event for the board and done correctly as NPC's only, with a plotline approved, then why not.

Dasquian Belargic
May 19th, 2008, 04:10:00 PM
^ I agree with the Empress.

... as much as I hate to :mneh

Travis North
May 19th, 2008, 07:28:22 PM
I'm not to sure if it could be NPC only. Restricted number of set characters who follow a predetermined plotline seems more plausable. This method doesn't limit as much freedom as if it were all NPCs, but puts a cap on the Vong prejudice of being pure GM'd horror. These characters would be like those involved in Years From Now... (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16449), playable yet defined in what they can do.

That said it'll take more than four people to approve of this idea getting off the ground. We need more support from others. It'd be great even if there was a genuine interest in it.

Dasquian Belargic
May 20th, 2008, 02:26:23 AM
It could be done in the same manner as when the IMPLEMENT plot was going on here. I think it was IMPLEMENT? All the characters looked like Borg and were mostly used to start threads for groups to respond to.

It would be cool to have a few people actually playing the Vong (I went to write Borg there :lol), maybe even with some degree of ambiguity in what they're going to do... make it more shocking and exciting for the rest of us.

Miranda Tarkin
May 21st, 2008, 06:21:29 AM
We'll need to write up a proposal and see what everyone else things :) It should definitely be a collaborated effort to figure out a main plotline and enough room to have side stuff happen within reason.

I am just glad our community is much more mature then when this was previously introduced and that the Vong might be used properly. However, we should keep in mind we might need a plan B in case stones get tossed at the idea

Park Kraken
May 21st, 2008, 09:36:19 AM
Having been an adamant fan of the NJO series and beyond, I am so volunteering to be a Yuuzhan Vong character.

And I don't think the YV proposal would recieve as much flak as other ideas (like a Killik problem instead).

Dasquian Belargic
May 21st, 2008, 09:41:22 AM
I think you're underestimating the amount of animosity that people had for the Vong in the past.

I'm hoping that people will be receptive to the fact that we're years on from when people originally tried to implement the Vong, and it's now for story purposes rather than just trying to grab at planets and power.

Park Kraken
May 21st, 2008, 03:52:58 PM
I'm not saying that people won't be highly opposed to the idea of introducing the YV into the galaxy, I was just pointing out that there are worse things out there....

Travis North
May 21st, 2008, 08:23:33 PM
I think we should take this idea to next step then - share it with the others - before we start going in circles with it.

Right now we need to focus on the Empress issue. With that solid we can proceed with these plans, should they include the Vong or not. The colonization idea opens a lot of doors for everyone and we need the figurehead to give it a push.

Reshmar
May 27th, 2008, 11:36:30 AM
Options!

Vagarri - The imperials venture into the Unknown regions and find a massive Vagarri sector. They are limited in appearance in the EU books and can be pretty much anything we want them to be.

Chiss - Stela'shlit'nuruodo has been waiting for someone to come visit him. Maybe a small incursion into Chiss space. Maybe the empire finds the Chiss weak from a unending war with the Vagarri. Lash could send an emissary to the Empire to request Assistance. Maybe the Empire helps maybe they don't. It would go aways into the anti-alien sentiment to not assist and maybe move on Chiss worlds.

I have been on sites where they went through a vong war. I didn't really care for it. It can be done but without the mass of the roleplaying community involved it may cause more problem then it is worth.

I know im not really an Imperial and I just ventured into these realms so in just joining in the fun and festivities.

As for the Rebellion. The Anti-alien angle is the best fuel to fire the rebels. True the Emperor is dead and its not as much about evil now. Maybe a group of Sith, or other "Evil" organization. can instigate events which could fuel the war between the Empire and the Rebels.

As I stated before I would like to agree on resolutions to a few of the open threads. Most importantly Sullust. I have a plan to attack Kashyyyk. Free the wookies. It involves both a space and planetary battle. I have been waiting awhile to start it and I'm ready. I just want it to be Post Sullust.

Travis North
May 27th, 2008, 01:37:54 PM
Alright. I'm not to busy so lets get Sullust wrapped up. *Dusts of Demek*

Dasquian Belargic
May 27th, 2008, 02:08:51 PM
I'm open to whatever storyline is most popular amongst those who are going to be involved.

That being said, I'd like to move this discussion out into the open, so that anyone else who'd like to be involved can become part of the planning process.

I'll start a new thread in the RP Discussion Forum, if that's alright with everyone else?

Travis North
May 27th, 2008, 09:22:24 PM
Go for it. We need the community's input if we are to go farther in planning.

Dasquian Belargic
May 28th, 2008, 07:17:40 AM
Alright, here we go:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18112

Park Kraken
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:28:58 PM
Well it seems so far that the Vagaari is the popular choice of the board members. Preliminary discussion of what the Empire should do about them? As we historically knew them in the EU, they were slavers of a brutal kind. Should the Empire perhaps enter into a secret alliance with them, turning them loose on worlds with Rebellion sympathizers, then betraying the contract to come in and annihilate them and "liberate" the "invaded" worlds?

Gavrilo Krass
Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:23:12 AM
I like where this is going :lol