PDA

View Full Version : A Family Rebuilt

Pages : [1] 2

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 09:20:27 AM
It was almost unbearable, having to wait for half the morning for Dama to get back from Corsant. Especially since Tak had a very important question to ask! How in the galaxy was she supposed to wait for a whole half morning?!

She ate her breakfast quickly, and even decided to ask for seconds. She'd gotten a funny look for that, but reminded Daddy that growing Lupines needed lots of food; more than normal little girls. Next came a hurried trip into the bedroom to change into the clothes that Dama had left for her in her overnight bag, and after that she found herself with nothing left to do to pass the time. It still wasn't quite time until Dama was supposed to arrive, and she sat by herself at Dan's desk, impatiently waiting for the clock to count down.

She hadn't been here with Daddy for very long, but already knew that she wanted to stay forever. He even said that they could all move to Schwartzweld! And that they would be a whole family! After years and years of asking about who her father was, Tak had finally met him. Even if he wasn't what she'd expected, the little girl soon discovered that he was even better than that.

And so, idly thumbing through one of his old picture books that he'd brought out for her, Tak wondered how much longer she'd have to wait. Daddy had already said that she'd need to stay here, and that he'd bring Dama back with him, despite her attempts at bribery and near-begging to be allowed to meet Dama in the hangar bay.

It was when he opened the door to the bedroom and walked out into the living room that she tried one more time.

A heavy sigh.

"I don't like them, but I'll eat a sajoi if you let me go with you."

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 09:31:23 AM
"I won't be long, little one. I promise."

Dan squatted down to his haunches and gave her a squeeze. He had grown-up stuff to deal with concerning Lok and her newly-arriving visitor, and Tak didn't need to hear that sort of thing.

"I've got to talk about work stuff with Dama and do boring stuff, and we'll be back before you know it."

He rose to his feet, tussling her hair as he did.

"I'll let her know to hurry up." He winked.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 09:39:13 AM
Well, so much for that. Tak gave him a frown, but soon enough her features brightened up again.

"Ok, but be sure to tell her that I have a really important question for her, and that she has to get back here fast."

She angled her head upward as he stood.

"But don't tell her what it is, and don't ask her yourself; I have to do that."

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 09:40:41 AM
"Well how can I ask if I don't know what the question is?" Dan asked innocently.

"I will tell her exactly that. She'll definitely want to hear your question when she comes back."

Dan smiled at her, and exited his quarters, heading toward the hangar bay.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 09:53:18 AM
Since their escape from Coruscant, s'Il had found herself spending most of the trip up front with Eluna. There was no real 'small talk' to speak of, but once in a while she found herself in sporadic and light conversation with the other woman. Truth be told, Eluna fascinated her; that a droid could be so passionate about being seen of as human. Not to mention her habits.

Karrnage she had left aft. She'd dropped the leatherbound tome in his lap as they'd initially boarded, and was content to let him alone with it. It would keep him occupied for the trip at least.

During the first portion of their trip she'd fussed with her shoulder wound, making sure that it was healing well enough, and satisfied that it was, s'Il sat back in her seat.

And now, as Eluna landed her ship in the hangar of the Dauntless, s'Il brushed a hand over her eyes.

It was done; She had her Imperial, and with any luck he would be able to answer the question of why she'd had a child.

Eluna Thals
May 16th, 2008, 10:00:06 AM
Eluna began the power-down sequence, shutting the ship's systems down as they prepared to debark. The numerous lacerations, stab wounds, and shrapnel wounds had almost entirely healed. Where visible, they left only a faint bit of pink in their wake, which would themselves be gone within the next hour or two.

"Well, we're back. Might be a pleasant change of scenery to not be shot at for a while."

Eluna sighed, and pilfered a piece of candy from a crinkled bag in her pocket.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 10:05:39 AM
s'Il watched in amusement, but said nothing as she undid her crash straps and stood. Her knees creaked, but other than that she made no sound as she slid past Eluna and toward Karrnage.

With a slight stoop she picked up her duffel, and standing in front of the Imperial, the Lupine blinked. She didn't speak or make any move to retrieve her book from him; instead she stared down at him with a neutral expression.

Finally, "Are you ready?"

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 10:08:09 AM
A hand raised up to meet her as Karrnage otherwise didn't respond, still busy with his nose in the tome, and his other hand scribbling something down.

"I really must decipher this fifth declension or I will lose my train of thought. One moment."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 10:10:34 AM
Making a face at him, the Lupine lowered herself into a crouch, her eyes level with the top edge of the book.

She waited a few seconds as he scrawled.

"You could always simply ask me, you know."

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 10:13:58 AM
Karrnage smiled uncomfortably. Of course there were sometimes easier, if more anecdotal, ways of finding the analytical truth.

"Ah, yes. Of course."

Carefully saving his place in the book, he closed it, reminding himself to ask her about it later.

"I will have to interrogate you at a future time, I suppose."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 10:17:56 AM
s'Il rose to stand.

"I said ask, not interrogate. Just as there are simpler ways of going about getting your information, there are civil ways as well."

Turning on her heel, the Lupine headed for the lowering boarding ramp.

"I'll assume that it was merely a poor choice of words on your part."

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 10:20:23 AM
"The word choice was correct. Interrogate is the administration of interrogatives - better known as questions. The other aspects incorrectly attributed to the term are desultory."

Karrnage smiled nervously as he tipped his hat.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 10:25:55 AM
"Well."

Away from anything life-threatening, it seemed that Karrnage - like Eluna - had his own set of quirks and eccentricities. She would have to remember that. As it was, his answer caused a smile to flit across her face and she ducked through the hatchway, making her way down the ramp and onto the hangar deck.

Crews dotted the area, but where Eluna had landed was set far enough to the side that most, if any, paid the new arrivals no mind.

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 10:28:57 AM
Dan stood alone near the gangplank's edge, and he regarded s'Il with a warm expression as she and Eluna exited first.

"I was under the impression this was supposed to be a blue milk run. Seems you found trouble a little more easily than I thought."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 10:36:35 AM
"Is that so... ?"

s'Il returned the look he gave her, but refrained from showing any sort of physical affections toward him. Glad that he'd not brought Tak with him, she allowed her thoughts to briefly dwell on her daughter, and wondered how well the two had gotten along.

Her boots hit the deck with little noise, and the Lupine turned, her eye going to Karrnage who had yet to follow her and Eluna out.

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 10:43:05 AM
The Imperial Colonel exited slowly, suddenly questioning his own sanity at coming aboard a Rebel warship. He held the Lupine tome gingerly with both hands, and kept it close to him as he walked down the plank.

The aloof woman with red hair regared him casually and looked elsewhere, and Karrnage looked to s'Il and Dan. He'd been so blinded by his zeal, he hadn't considered the possibility that other Rebels might not be as gracious as s'Ilancy was. He hoped for his sake that her friend was equally compassionate.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 10:58:12 AM
In any other situation, s'Il would have said that his appearance and demeanor while leaving the ship were cute. In fact, it reminded her of the small desert life on Cathar that would sometimes venture out from their hiding places and into the open.

As it was, she gave Karrnage a gracious nod. It was easy to see that he had dipped into a fresh reserve of nervousness, and she gave his introduction for him in a rather amused tone of voice.

"Colonel Erasmus Karrnage."

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 11:07:24 AM
"Colonel?" Dan looked quizzically at Lok, and then back at the spectacled man. The pin he wore on his lapel was clearly Imperial Intelligence.

"A defector?" He asked s'Il, at last.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 11:14:27 AM
For a moment she looked at Dan with an odd expression.

"Well I... "

s'Il turned her gaze to Karrnage then.

"... I don't rightly know. Do you wish to defect?"

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 11:23:43 AM
Karrnage gulped. This sounded like a problem. He was afraid there would be problems!

"My reason for being here is entirely academic."

Suddenly, he wondered if coming here wasn't a huge mistake.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 11:32:00 AM
Perhaps not the answer that Dan was expecting, but it suited the Lupine quite well enough, and the smile she gave to Karrnage said as much.

"Of course it is," she soothed him, "and that's exactly why I brought you here."

Stepping away from Dan, s'Il approached the Imperial and gnetly pulled her book from his hands. He seemed to hold on to it with a bit more force than she'd expected, and it took a gentle pull to relieve him of the Lupine tome.

"Do not worry," she gave him a reassuring pat to his shoulder, "I have many others that you'll be able to look through soon enough."

s'Il turned to Dan then. Karrnage would need quarters of his own...

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 11:34:34 AM
Dan gave s'Il a disapproving look. Being in a perpetual state of bitter war with the Empire made these sort of arrangements extremely difficult if not impossible.

"Can I speak with you for a moment?"

He gestured for her to walk with him off to the side.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 11:39:21 AM
She tucked the book under one arm and dutifully followed after Dan. Once they were out of earshot, she suddenly found herself unsure of whether what she had silently asked of him had been the right thing to do.

But she remained quiet, waiting for him to speak first.

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 11:42:14 AM
"You're asking me to bring a high ranking officer of the Imperial Intelligence aboard my ship, and to allow him to work on his own accord more or less unhindered? Every option I can think of tells me that we have to arrest him if he isn't defecting."

Dan shook his head.

"Exactly what is the reason that you've brought him here?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 11:52:20 AM
"I already told you," s'Il started, "... if given enough information, he can find out why I had Teagan."

While she'd not been with Dan or the Rebels for a very long time, the Lupine still had enough sense to understand the weight of what he was saying. It made her scowl, and she looked off to the side, her mind rushing to think of possibilities. She needed Karrnage, and in her mind it was a simple matter. But, she knew that what she asked of Dan put him in a rather difficult position.

Her eyes fell on the Cat as it sat alone on the very far edge of the hangar. She snapped her head back to Dan.

"That Cat; he can stay there... "

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 11:55:12 AM
"I don't want to know." Dan snapped.

Knowing made it his liability that he'd potentially have to explain, especially if this were discovered.

"Do what you have to do, but be quick and quiet. I know this is important to you, but I can't even give the hint of an appearance of our situation being compromised. The only reason I'm even having this discussion with you in the first place is because I trust you more than anybody I serve with, and even then you're lucking out."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 12:08:10 PM
The elation on her face was more than evident, and s'Il let out the breath that she'd been unconsciously holding in.

With only a nod she turned from him, heading once more for Karrnage. Without warning she reached out to the pin on his lapel, her fingers making quick work in removing it before stuffing it into his hand and closing his fingers around it. The book was once more put in his hands, and s'Il snaked an arm around his shoulders to lead him away from Eluna's ship and toward her own.

As they passed by Dan, she sent him a look that silently asked him to wait; she would not be long.

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 12:10:03 PM
Karrnage held a confused expression.

"Madam s'Ilancy what is going on? Where are we going?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 12:19:09 PM
s'Il ushered him past milling maintenance crews.

"You'll be staying on my ship. There are enough books in there to keep you occupied until I come back."

On odd face at 'Madam s'Ilancy'.

"And don't call me that. My name is Loklorien."

One hand reached out to depress the switch that opened the Cat's hatch, and s'Il made quick work of pushing the Imperial inside before following. The interior was much the same as how she'd left it, all of her books and more than a few trinkets that made no guesswork out of deciphering where they originated from.

A few of Teagan's toys still lay on the low writing table still, but for the most part everything else in s'Il's small shuttle would keep Karrnage busy indefinately.

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 12:21:52 PM
By now, Karrnage had put two and two together, and knew that it was probably in his best interest to shut up and keep quiet. Still, the possibility of the Rebels changing their minds and incarcerating him had the effect of keeping his mind dabbling on flighty outcomes.

He dutifully took a seat at the desk s'Il pointed out, and carefully opened the book he was reading.

"And when might I expect you, Loklorien?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 12:37:25 PM
Pausing in the act of pulling a handful of black leatherbound volumes from a shelf, s'Il thought for a few moments before answering.

"This evening."

She placed the books on the desk; they were accounts of the infertility epidemic that had crept up and destroyed the Lupines, varied in authorship and all very old. Except for one; it was a journal that she had begun since first finding out that she had become pregnant, and contained as much information as she could find. Which was to say, not much. Mostly it had served as a rambling, nine month account of carrying a child.

"I need answers, and you're the only one who can give them to me. These," she waved a hand at the books, "... are all I have, but there is much in them that I don't understand."

She struggled to explain more completely, and settled for the most direct approach.

"I have a child."

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 12:38:54 PM
He paused.

"A child? Extraordinary!"

The obvious question soon followed.

"When can I see this child?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 12:44:51 PM
"When I come back this evening, I will bring her."

She gestured to the books once more.

"But I need you to find out why I did. Even if that means going," s'Il paused, but decided to go on, "... to Schwartzweld, then I will take you there."

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 12:46:55 PM
Karrnage rose from his seat, and nodded.

"It would be an honor to do this. I am eager to unlock your mysteries."

The very idea of deprogramming the living relics of the ancients, and discovering their history was an amazing opportunity for him. The understanding of the Lupines was an intriguing insight into the old Jedi guardians, as well as the Sith race.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 12:54:00 PM
s'Il stood as well.

"Thank you."

She stepped quietly to the hatch while absently scratching at an invisible itch at the base of her neck. She would lock the shuttle from the outside; not that she was entirely worried about the man trying to escape. He seemed positively timid outside the realm of academia. Still though, there was somewhat of a charm about him, and s'Il reached out to pat his chest, feeling the amulet beneath his shirt.

She gave him a genuine smile.

"Keep a hold of this, now. It's important."

Colonel Karrnage
May 16th, 2008, 12:55:49 PM
He nodded knowingly.

"I will do so, of course."

With that, he seated himself again, still feeling the amulet that she had pointed out. He resumed work on deciphering the declensions of the ancient text.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 01:05:20 PM
And that was that. She had her Imperial, and by all accounts it seemed that he was more than willing to help her. Whether it was luck, or the will of the Force, she knew not, and as the hatch closed and sealed itself behind her, the Lupine decided that she didn't much mind. The end result of it all had been in her favor, and for that alone she was thankful.

Catching sight of Dan as he still waited for her, s'Il felt her good fortunes suddenly becoming unimportant, and her expression took a bit of a downward turn. She stopped in front of him, looking up to his face.

"He wants to help," she started, hoping to smooth over the more unpleasant undertones of this particular situation.

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 01:08:33 PM
"So he says."

Dan sighed, and shrugged his shoulders.

"You don't have to keep selling me on this, I've already backed you. I think it's dangerous for many reasons, but many things have risks."

They approached the ship, and Eluna again.

"And she knows as well?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 01:12:03 PM
"If she does, she hasn't said anything to me."

s'Il folded her hands together.

"You could always ask her if you want to know badly enough."

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 01:13:10 PM
"Eluna is fine. I trust her discretion. It's her associates that concern me."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 01:18:10 PM
With a hrmph, she left it at that.

Retrieving her duffel, s'Il was sincere in her thanks to the droid woman and all that she had done to help. Without her, s'Il would not have been able to accomplish what she had.

Another few minutes of random smalltalk, and the Lupine excused herself. She was dirty, tired, and very much wanted to see her daughter.

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 01:20:19 PM
Dan gave Eluna a curt nod and dismissed her, walking with Lok to return to his quarters.

"She's been eager for you to get back, and she's got a very important question for you, it seems."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 01:25:50 PM
"Oh?"

An important question... truth be told, s'Il knew that it could be anything under the sun. It was just pinpointing exactly what Tak had in mind that was the difficult part.

Once out of the hangar and into the corridors, the Lupine allowed herself a bit more freedom and wound an arm around the small of his back, pulling the two closer as they walked.

"What sort of question?"

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 01:32:07 PM
Dan returned the embrace, glad to have his confidant back in his company.

"Good question actually. She said it was a secret and for you to hear."

After a few minutes to walk, they arrived at the door, and Dan keyed the entry.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 01:41:12 PM
She stopped him, with a hand over his.

"Wait."

It was a question of her own that had been in the back of her mind since she'd left, and could no longer keep it to herself.

"... she... I know you haven't spent much time around her," she found herself struggling for words.

"What do you think?" s'Il finally managed.

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 01:42:26 PM
Dan smiled, thinking about the time they'd shared.

"She's a blessing. A wonderful little girl. I've instantly taken to her, and I think she's the same."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 01:47:17 PM
There was relief in her smile, and s'Il eased her hand away as the door slid open.

She'd not taken two steps in when Tak was out of the bedroom, rounding one of the chairs in the front room, and jumping into her mother's arms.

The Lupine had dropped her duffel on the floor so that she could take up her little girl in both arms, and walking the rest of the way in, she found herself holding her daughter in a tight embrace.

"I missed you," she whispered into Tak's ear.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 01:54:15 PM
Winding her arms around Dama's neck, Tak squeezed as hard as she could.

"I missed you too," she grinned.

Still in Dama's arms, she leaned back a little, and her eyes went over s'Il's shoulder to look at Daddy with a suddenly stern gaze.

"You didn't ask her yet, did you?"

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 01:55:32 PM
Dan shook her head.

"I just told her you had a question for her, that's all."

The earnestness of her stern expression was incredibly endearing, and Dan smiled in spite of it.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 02:04:36 PM
A wistful smile, and s'Il lowered both herself and Tak onto the couch. Making herself comfortable, the Lupine lifted a hand to brush away the little girl's bangs from her eyes.

A look to Dan was enough to tell her that he already knew what it was.

"Now. What's this question that's so important, that you want to ask?"

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 02:11:11 PM
And now here it was! The big moment! Suddenly, Tak found that it was a lot harder to ask Dama in person, and she took in a few quick breaths.

"I want to - no wait."

That wasn't the best way to ask, she knew that much.

"I mean, um, I mean... "

A quick look to Daddy, and she breathed in deep.

"Can we stay here?"

Tak saw the furrowed brow, and went on before Dama could interrupt.

"Stay with Daddy, I mean; and live with him. He says we could all move back home, even."

Dama opened her mouth to say something, but Tak instantly placed a hand over the elder Lupine's lips before turning to look at Daddy for help.

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 02:13:17 PM
"We had talked about maybe finding a way to stay together...as a family."

Dan placed a hand on each of his girls' shoulders.

"Either here, aboard my ship, or elsewhere, if we have the opportunity."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 09:33:34 PM
It was certainly not what she'd expected, and s'Il was unable to answer for the first few moments. As much as she had tried to divine what it was that her daughter had wanted, to actually hear it was so different, and the Lupine breathed in sharply, turning her head to the side and biting her lip.

Of course, that Tak had managed to approach the notion that s'Il herself had been considering was a relief. It still did not make it any more surprising to hear.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 16th, 2008, 09:36:25 PM
Dama hadn't said, no, but she also hadn't said yes. In fact, she'd said nothing at all! Confused, Tak shifted her position and craned her neck to look at Dama's face. Was that a tear?

Suddenly, the little girl looked helplessly to her Daddy. It was a good thing he was hear, it seemed.

General Dan
May 16th, 2008, 09:40:37 PM
Dan waited to hear her response, and in the meantime reached down to squeeze little Tak's hand.

"I think we've spent enough time galloping around the galaxy on our separate ways."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2008, 08:37:09 AM
It took another few moments, but s'Il finally found her voice.

"I... I don't know... "

Turning to look back at Tak, the Lupine brought the little girl in for another hug, wrapping her arms around her daughter in a long embrace. The thought that Tak wanted to stay, coupled with Dan's own gentle coercion, was enough to bring to life a feeling of deep regret and sorrow.

"Oh baby," she leaned back, holding Tak's hands in her lap. s'Il reached a hand up to wipe away the single tear that her daughter had seen.

"Dama made some bad choices a long time ago... "

The little girl looked back at her mother, hopeful features suddenly crestfallen.

"... and leaving your daddy was one of them. This was a long time before you were born though, and I thought it was the right thing to do."

Despite her soft gaze upon Tak, it was more than apparent that s'Il was speaking as much to Dan as she was to their little girl.

"There is a bad man... who chases Dama, and I thought that your Daddy would be safe if I wasn't with him. But then," she had to pause, clearing her throat in an attempt to keep her voice from shaking.

"Then you were born, and I made another bad choice; I didn't tell him about you, and I didn't tell you about him. I thought it was the right thing to do, and that both of you would be safe from the bad man if I did that.

"But what I did was wrong."

This was not how she'd envisioned her request to be, and s'Il closed her eyes, resting her forehead against Tak's.

"Dama made some bad choices," she whispered.

General Dan
May 17th, 2008, 08:59:12 PM
Dan stood back, allowing the mother a moment to be earnest with the child. It took a great burden off, after all these years, to hear her say the words that he now understood which had weighed her down.

"We both made some bad choices."

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2008, 09:20:02 PM
Now she was really confused. And not only that, Tak wasn't exactly sure what she could possibly say. Was Dama saying no, or was she saying yes, or was she even saying maybe (which almost always meant no)?

Leaning away from Dama after a little bit, Tak looked up at the sound of Daddy's voice, then back to Dama.

"But now we're here, and we can all be together and be a real family.

"Pleeeaaase?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2008, 09:47:15 PM
How could she say no? Indeed, how could she when she herself had planned to ask Dan about the possibility of the two staying?

Sliding Tak from her lap, s'Il stood, protesting muscles and all. It seemed her body - even with its' ability to heal quickly - was still subject to becoming sore.

The elder Lupine Passed a hand over Tak's head, flipping her bangs forward into her face, and with a ghostly smile she turned to look up at Dan.

"It seems that I've been beaten to the question," she started, and reaching down, she took his hands in hers, looking down at them.

"Before I left the other day, you said that things between us weren't very smooth, even now.

"But I want to come back, and fix that."

General Dan
May 17th, 2008, 10:31:06 PM
Dan nodded, looking for the words as he smiled.

"I want to work and fix that too. I'm tired of constantly having to say goodbye. I'm tired of putting my life on hold."

He scooped up Tak and held her so that the three of them were eye level.

"If you'll have me in your lives, I won't leave you. We'll be together always."

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2008, 10:53:57 PM
With a grin that went from ear to ear, Tak sat happily in Daddy's arms, and she looked expectantly to Dama.

"See?! It's ok!"

They were gonna be a family! A real family!

With one arm around Daddy's neck, Tak leaned over slightly towards Dama. "See?!"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 17th, 2008, 11:14:21 PM
An easy smile to her daughter, and she shifted her gaze to lock eyes with Dan.

There were a range of emotions that passed across her face, and she found herself unable to formulate any sort of coherent sentence. She had been so worried that Dan would turn her away, even with the knowledge that she had given him a daughter. Everything had been so removed between them, and while the Lupine knew that being away from him had been slowly whittling her away, she had never been brave enough to ask to be allowed back into his normal, everyday life.

Until now.

And it seemed that he had been waiting for her.

s'Il let her head fall against Dan's chest, true content flooding her thoughts and her movements. He'd only been waiting, and she'd finally come back.

General Dan
May 17th, 2008, 11:23:05 PM
Dan smiled as he embraced his family in one hug. He held them close together, letting them share the moment as one.

"I could never do without you. Either of you."

Beyond where either could see his face, he smiled, with a thoughtful, ponderous expression.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 18th, 2008, 12:21:17 PM

The rest of the day passed uneventful, as s'Il had opted to rest for the most part. She showered, and satisfied herself with watching both Dan and Tak from the comfortable depths of a leather sofa. The little girl was already making plans it seemed, and happily sat on the floor in front of the couch, a piece of lined paper set atop the low coffee table, and a stylus firmly clenched in hand. She wrote furious notes - mostly in Bast'yr as she'd not quite yet begun to learn the written form of Basic.

Such relaxation had come easily, and the Lupine welcomed it with open arms. There'd already been a few instances that she'd dozed, but it was never very long before a little finger poked at her to make sure that she wouldn't completely sleep the rest of the day away. Of course, s'Il had not forgotten Karrnage, nor the fact that she'd told him that she would return that same evening; bringing Tak along with her.

It was as she'd closed her eyes for another light doze that she felt a hand on her arm, patting with urgency. Opening her good eye, s'Il found herself staring into the wide-eyed, excitedly happy face of her daughter.

There was no need to say anything, as she knew that Tak would speak up soon enough on her own. Indeed, the look on her face spoke volumes of that fact.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 18th, 2008, 12:30:02 PM
<"I've been thinking,"> Bast'yr was always easier to use than Basic whenever she was in a hurry, <"... we need to start moving all of your stuff in here.">

<"Mmm, is that so?">

Tak nodded sagely. <"Yes. But you have lots of things; more than me, and I don't know how Daddy is gonna fit it all in here.">

Holding up the paper that she'd been scrawling on, she presented it to Dama.

<"I made a list of all the things you'll probably have to make Sanis take back to Cathar.">

Dama took the list in one hand, her brow knitting in thought. <"This is a long list.">

<"Well you have lots of stuff.">

General Dan
May 18th, 2008, 01:11:45 PM
"Yeah, that's right."

Dan was rustier with Bast'yr than either of his two girls, but he could listen to it better than he spoke it.

"How do you have so much stuff on one single shuttle? You're like the galaxy's biggest pack rat."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 18th, 2008, 01:46:48 PM
s'Il gave him a funny look.

"A pack rat... ?"

Still holding the sheet of paper, she looked from Dan to Tak, befuddled at this sudden nitpicking of her habit. She already was more than aware of her own hording tendencies, and oftentimes simply attributed it to being a Lupine. As it was, s'Il could think of nothing to say in her defense.

Except.

<"You should ask your Daddy about his little drinking 'problem'.">

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 18th, 2008, 01:49:54 PM
Tak was quick to answer as she plucked her list from Dama's hand.

<"He drinks just fine. I've seen him; he doesn't spill.">

General Dan
May 18th, 2008, 01:51:34 PM
Dan laughed at that, giving Tak a big squeeze as s'Il's little barb deflected harmlessly away.

"I suppose that smuggler won't mind a blue milk run to Cathar, so we can get things sorted out. Were you wanting to stay there?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 18th, 2008, 02:02:04 PM
A groan, as her words had been so easily disregarded with the most innocent of remarks. It was enough to make her smile though, and s'Il slowly pulled herself up from where she'd been lying.

What Dan said however made her pause, and she looked at him curiously.

"Stay on Cathar?"

General Dan
May 18th, 2008, 02:04:07 PM
"It's been pacified for some time now, and I'm entitled to take a more hands-off approach with things. The war isn't over yet, but I don't have to micro-manage from a starship. It's entirely possible if that's what you want."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 18th, 2008, 02:35:49 PM
Lofting her brow, s'Il was quiet for a moment, mulling over what Dan had said. It was enticing to be certain, but she did not wish to take him away from the cause that he had so dedicated himself to. Until she'd gone off on her own, the Lupine had diligently stayed at his side, hopping between systems.

"Perhaps," she started slowly. It was something to think about, but she was loathe to pull him away from the Rebellion.

"Tempting, but we don't have to decide now." s'Il leaned against him, her eye on the back of Tak's head as the little girl continued to add to the list, "I think we're happy enough being here for a while."

General Dan
May 18th, 2008, 02:54:42 PM
Dan smiled.

"As long as you two are happy, then I'm happy. I just want us to be together."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 18th, 2008, 09:32:58 PM
With one hand on the armrest of the sofa, and her other on his leg, s'Il eased herself up to stand.

She leaned down to take the stylus from Tak while in the same motion scooping the little girl up into her arms. There was only a small bit of protesting that she was still busy, but s'Il was quick to distract her daughter from finishing her list.

"You can finish it later. Right now you and I have to go and visit someone special."

"Zem?"

"No, not Zem."

General Dan
May 18th, 2008, 09:36:57 PM
Dan didn't have to ask. He knew who she referred to. He gave Tak's shoulder a squeeze and gave her an affirming nod of his head.

"It's okay. Dama has a guest and he wants to talk to you."

He looked to Lok with a serious expression, hoping that whatever happened, it was in Tak's best interest. He trusted her, but this Imperial was an awful risk.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 20th, 2008, 07:21:49 AM
s'Il shifted Tak to one hip, one arm looped beneath the little girl's arms and around her back to stabilize her. Dan's look was returned with understanding, and she leaned down to where he still sat to lay a soft kiss to his forehead.

"We won't be long, I promise."

General Dan
May 20th, 2008, 07:54:49 AM
"Alright."

Dan's eyes moved to little Tak, and he rose to give her a kiss on her forehead.

"Do what Dama says. I'll make you a surprise when you get back, how's that?"

He extended a finger, and lightly pressed the tip of the girl's nose, making a beeping sound as he did.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 20th, 2008, 09:05:51 PM
Tak smiled at the thought of a surprise, and s'Il moved for the door. It opened, and she stepped out.

<"You're getting too big to carry,"> she remarked as the two started down the corridor, the door to Dan's quarters closing.

In response, the little girl wormed her way from Dama's arms as she walked, and hit the deck with a hop and a clipped pace.

Both made sporadic talk, with Tak never wavering from the thought of finally having a Daddy; and not only that, but being able to live with him. It was wonderful to hear, and the elder Lupine couldn't help the serene smile that stayed upon her features for the entire trip to the hangar. She might not have been so vocal about the end result that now placed them with Dan, but she was just as excited at the thought of - as he had made mention - not having to say 'goodbye' anymore.

Just the thought that s'Il would not have to endure being away was something she took pleasure in.

In the hangar, s'Il kept a hold on Tak's hand. The girl was fairly bubbling now, and chattering away about which toys she wanted to have with her as they approached the Cat.

Curious to see the reaction that both Tak and Karrnage would have at the sight of each other, the Lupine unthinkingly keyed the hatchway lock, too lost in her own thoughts to quiet her daughter.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 20th, 2008, 09:12:30 PM
Without a second thought Tak let go of Dama's hand, skipping through the still-opening hatch.

<"I'll need most of my clothes, and all my picture books. Oh! and also my- ">

Wide-eyed suddenly, Tak came to an abrupt halt, staring at a man who wasn't supposed to be in her and Dama's shuttle.

Colonel Karrnage
May 20th, 2008, 09:19:13 PM
Karrnage stood up, an earnest if strange-looking smile appearing on his pale and spectacled face.

"Hello there little one!"

He approached her with a nervous glance to s'Ilancy to ensure he had the mother's good graces to sate his curiosity.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 20th, 2008, 09:26:08 PM
Tak's excited burst into the shuttle brought her back from her own musings, and s'Il started in quickly after her daughter. Stopping a short distance behind the girl, s'Il watched as Karrnage rose. The look on his face was easily translated, and her eye went around her shuttle to see what, if anything, he had felt the need or desire to examine. Mostly her books, as she'd expected. Many had been taken from their shelves and deposited on the desk, and a few had been left open.

Motherly instinct overtook her, and she felt her body tense, but she gave the Imperial a courteous nod.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 20th, 2008, 09:30:58 PM
Stopped in her tracks, Tak stared at the stranger. This was the special person that Dama had talked about? An intense, childlike gaze took him in, from his head to the toes of his boots.

Her brow knit as he came closer, but she was brave; Lupines were always brave. She held her ground.

<"He's short,"> she said finally to her mother, knowing that, as long as she spoke Bast'yr, her appraisal wouldn't be understood by him.

Colonel Karrnage
May 20th, 2008, 09:41:40 PM
An audible intake of breath.

She knows the language too.

With s'Il's approval, he extended a black-gloved hand to the girl.

"You must be Tak. My name is Erasmus Karrnage. I am a friend of your mothers."

He was probably taking many liberties with the term friend, but it was the most easily explainable way to describe their relationship to a child.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2008, 07:11:12 AM
An eyebrow tikked up at the word 'friend', but s'Il was more amused at her daughter's assessment of Karrnage than anything else, and she stifled a chuckle. His knowledge of Tak's name tugged at her though, as she didn't quite recall ever telling him what it was. Eye going past the Imperial, the Lupine gave another look to the books that he'd been reading.

One of Tak's older picturebooks lay open, and s'Il guessed that he'd found her name written on the inside cover.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 21st, 2008, 07:11:39 AM
Tak looked from Erasmus Karrnage's hand to his face, then over his shoulder at the pile of books on the desk that her mother was also looking at, and started.

One of them was hers!

She huffed at him then, ignoring his offered hand and stepping past him carefully.

"This is mine," she stated matter-of-factly, this time in Basic, while reaching up to grab the book. Even if he was a friend of Dama's, he shouldn't've been looking through her book. She closed it, looking at him almost accusingly.

Colonel Karrnage
May 21st, 2008, 07:31:39 AM
A thin, nervous smile, as Karrnage dabbed his forehead with a handkerchief.

"Please excuse my intrusion as I am naturally quite curious about you."

He looked at her, scouring the common features she shared with her mother.

"You are a very unique little girl."

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 22nd, 2008, 09:07:51 PM
Tak looked at Dama, but it seemed that her mother was content enough to say nothing. She looked back at the man. He wasn't unsettling in appearance, just... strange-looking. She saw her reflection just barely in his glasses and stared openly.

Her face scrunched up then. Something smelled funny, and even though it wasn't a heavy smell, it was still there. Mixed in with the smell of his clothes and body was something that she'd never smelled before; she narrowed her eyes at him. That scent! It made the tiny hairs on the back of her neck get prickly, and Tak reached out a quick hand before Dama could say otherwise, little hand pulling at the collar of his shirt.

The smell was under there, and she wanted to see what it was coming from.

Colonel Karrnage
May 22nd, 2008, 09:10:53 PM
She seemed to instantly sense the medallion somehow. Karrnage loosened the collar with a gloved hand to pull it free, while watching her reaction to it.

By sense of smell? Karrnage hardly had time to catalogue the artifact, but he certainly smelled nothing of it. The child seemed to possess a superolfactory response that he predicted she would.

"You want this?"

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 22nd, 2008, 09:24:21 PM
The sight of the necklace he wore, with the big bird set in a circle, seemed to make the smell a little stronger. Tak scrunched up her face and looked past him to Dama. The elder Lupine only grinned down at the sight, and with a hrmph Tak turned her gaze back to the necklace.

It was pretty, but she was careful not to touch it. What if there was silver somewhere on it, and Dama didn't know?

She clutched her book just a little tighter.

"I don't want it."

A pause, and the little Lupine ventured a question.

"There's no silver on it, is there... ?"

Colonel Karrnage
May 22nd, 2008, 09:27:35 PM
Karrnage seemed mildly taken aback at the suspicion of duplicity. She didn't trust him. Hopefully it would be a response that he would readily change in her with time.

"I would not dream of it. This is a very special amulet. Ask your mother."

Gently, Karrnage removed his hat, and pulled the chain from his neck so that the amulet dangled in front of the girl.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 22nd, 2008, 09:35:47 PM
Dama nodded, but Tak still gave a frown. She leaned toward him, but only a little, and tested the air around the necklace he held up.

Suddenly, her eyes widened as she recognized the smell.

"It smells like us," she whispered in surprise, but soon enough added, "... sort of... "

Colonel Karrnage
May 22nd, 2008, 09:37:42 PM
Karrnage was instantly curious, and looked forward to a more detailed examination of the piece when he was able.

"The words, have you learned to read them?"

She knew the spoken tongue, and it was possibly only inevitable that she would learn the glyphs from her mother as well.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2008, 06:41:27 AM
She gave him an almost withering look, but a word of warning from Dama wiped it away.

"Yes I can read them," she answered dutifully, but made sure to roll her eyes at what seemed to her to be such an obvious question.

She bit her lip then, remembering that she still couldn't read quite as fast as Dama, "Well, kind of; just, not very fast."

Colonel Karrnage
May 23rd, 2008, 06:57:26 AM
Karrnage held the amulet's chain wide enough that he could drape it over the girl's head if she allowed him.

"That will come in time. You have a very good teacher to help you."

She was highly petulant, and Karrnage wished he had something like a piece of candy to mollify the tawny-haired lupine child.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2008, 07:40:41 AM
Tak gave him a startled look then, quickly backing away. She didn't want the necklace that he was holding out, and shook her head.

"I don't want it," she repeated, though her voice took on a little bit of a worried tone.

He was kind of interesting, but his attentions made her nervous, and as an afterthought the little Lupine cast her eyes around the shuttle once more to make sure that he'd not taken anything else of hers to look at.

Eventually she turned her gaze back to him. "I already have a necklace anyways," she started again in an effort to deter him from giving her the one he'd been wearing. Setting her book down on the edge of the bed, Tak pulled at a thin leather cord that had been hiding beneath her shirt, and a small charm appeared in her hand, a thin oval shaped piece of gold with the Losstarot crest etched on its' face.

Colonel Karrnage
May 23rd, 2008, 07:25:29 PM
What was this???

The golden trinket sparkled in the light, catching a reflection off of Karrnage's glasses. He surely recognized the distinctive design on the front of it. Another interesting artifact.

"My, that is very beautiful."

She still was on edge.

"May I see it?"

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2008, 07:49:56 PM
Tak thought for a few minutes, then gave a slow nod. He had asked first this time, and she decided that since he was so interested in hers and Dama's things (she had no idea why though), she would let him see it.

She pulled it over her head, careful to not catch any of her hair on it, and cautiously held it out to him.

"Be careful with it; Dama made it for me."

Colonel Karrnage
May 23rd, 2008, 07:54:28 PM
He gingerly took the medallion in his hands, turning it over in his palm as he eagerly examined its fine detail.

"I will, little Tak. You have my word."

With a smile, he dipped his head in appreciation.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2008, 11:10:43 PM
Watching him look at her necklace, Tak gave a confused look to his gloved hands. Why didn't he take them off? Was he afraid of getting something on his skin?

Her eyes went from him to the gold trinket, then back to him before she ventured the question that she'd been wondering.

"Why are you here?"

Colonel Karrnage
May 23rd, 2008, 11:29:10 PM
She was direct. It seemed to be a trait she'd learned directly from her mother.

Karrnage chuckled softly.

"I am here to learn about you and your mother, and maybe other people like you. You are very interesting."

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 23rd, 2008, 11:34:39 PM
And then it made sense, and Tak opened her mouth in a silent 'ooohhhh'. So that was it; it was because of her and Dama being Lupines. The little girl knew well enough that she and Dama were the last ones... Dama had said that lots of times before.

She furrowed her brow in thought, and had to wonder just what 'Rasmiss wanted to learn. He'd said that there may be others, but Tak knew better.

"We're the only ones," she whispered in answer.

Colonel Karrnage
May 23rd, 2008, 11:52:26 PM
The Imperial Colonel's mouth turned up into a grin.

"I intend on dispelling that theory."

He gestured to the little girl.

"I think there may be others like you, somewhere in the galaxy."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2008, 12:51:12 AM
"I would think that that theory has already been dispelled," s'Il finally interjected while moving to lower her frame on the edge of the bed.

The look on her face wasn't troubled, but it was plain to see that her thoughts were focussed upon something in particular.

"I seem to have come across another."

She made a gesture at the empty air, "Not from my line, she is of the other. A Loveloxx."

Reaching out, the Lupine lightly tapped the Ravenwing medallion.

"She told me that she'd been sent by Imperials to bring me back to Coruscant, and so I must admit, that it makes me more than a little bit curious to know how you came into possession of that particular crest."

Colonel Karrnage
May 24th, 2008, 01:02:31 AM
"The Loveloxx you speak of is one Arya Ravenwing."

Karrnage pored over each medallion, drinking in the similarities, differences, and every nuance.

He spoke in polite terms of his acqaintance.

"I have met with her before as well."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2008, 01:09:15 AM
The look that her daughter gave to both herself and Karrnage was almost priceless, and s'Il suppressed a chuckle. She knew that in the past she had always told the litle girl that they were the only two Lupines left, yet now that she was making a claim to the contrary.

She pressed onward.

"Ravenwing never mentioned you when we talked. In fact, I dare say she had nothing very nice to say about her stay with the Empire."

Colonel Karrnage
May 24th, 2008, 01:11:14 AM
"We have..."

Karrnage chuckled nervously, paused, and continued.

"...an unfortunate reputation. She was not entirely forthcoming, and I daresay more hostile to the interest of higher learning than you are."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2008, 01:17:42 AM
'The interest of higher learning'. s'Il gave a laugh at that, turning to look away from the Imperial as she compared his words to her own intentions. It was a foregone conclusion that he would learn far more about the Lupine culture and species in the times to come, but at her core, s'Il knew that she had no intentions of allowing him to return to his government and planet. But that would be a subject for the future.

"Oh I wouldn't say that I am being entirely generous with you. My reasons for seeking you out are entirely selfish, to be sure. That you gain a higher knowledge of the Lupines is only an added bonus for yourself."

She turned back to look at him, an almost predatory gleam in her eye.

"I only have one question that you are here to answer, and that is why I was able to have a child."

Colonel Karrnage
May 24th, 2008, 01:44:37 PM
"I can do this."

Karrnage said with confidence. As an intellectual and a man of science, he didn't believe that there were secrets that were unassailable by virtue of secrecy.

"To do so, I will need total access to not only your library and artifacts, but also to you and your daughter."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2008, 04:56:06 PM
s'Il gave a nod.

"All that I have I will provide for you. Unfortunately for the time being the only available materials to study from are here in this shuttle."

She thought for a few moments, then went on.

"My library on Cathar is vast, but not as large as the libraries on Schwartzweld."

Colonel Karrnage
May 24th, 2008, 04:58:28 PM
"This is good, yes. But I will also need, er, how shall I say? Samples?"

Karrnage chose tact over detail, as youngsters like Tak were often squeamish of things like needles.

"Xenobiology and anthropology are both secondary specialities of mine."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2008, 08:39:15 PM
The desire for samples from herself and Tak was expected, and s'Il gave an absent nod in agreement. It was a foregone conclusion that he would need such things, but it would still mean that he had only one half of the problem, and the Lupine scowled. If she had been forward thinking enough, she would have made sure that any notes he could've possibly made concerning Arya's own blood tests (and she knew that he had; the Empire would not have let her go completely unscathed and unstudied).

"The Loveloxx; did you have a chance to study her own tests and samples?"

Colonel Karrnage
May 24th, 2008, 09:13:26 PM
Such curiosity caused Karrnage to smile. Was the great house rivalry still alive, after all of these years?

"I did indeed. Some amount of data, but I of course would have preferred more, naturally."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2008, 09:54:09 PM
"Naturally."

It was yet another idle response, as she began to contemplate the likelihood of convincing Arya to allow Karrnage to once more poke at her with needles and the such.

"I have my doubts that she would be very excited at seeing you once more, regardless of your change in scenery.

"As it is, I do not know where the original Loveloxx vials were taken. It took long enough to find those belonging to the Losstarot, and I don't necessarily have the time to invest in that sort of search once more... "

She pulled a rather disgusted face.

"... nor do I wish to make the time."

Colonel Karrnage
May 24th, 2008, 10:10:43 PM
"Perhaps that brutish looking blonde fellow and his red-haired companion could aid us yet again?"

Karrnage adjusted this glasses as he took a seat, still fiddling with the amulets.

"I have worked with such people within the Empire. They are sometimes useful."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2008, 10:53:09 PM
His mention of Byl and Eluna intrigued her, and she quirked an eyebrow. It was possible that she could convince the droid woman to help, but s'Il had reservations about contacting Byl with such a thing in mind.

"I'm not so entirely sure that Mr. Laprovik would accept this kind of request. He is not one for subscribing to old fairytales and mythological 'werebeasts', if you don't mind the term."

A shrug, and she gave a quiet sigh while rubbing at her temple.

"But that is the perception I personally have of him due to our limited dealings in the past. I could very much be wrong.

"The red-head I'm sure would enjoy the challenge."

Colonel Karrnage
May 24th, 2008, 11:07:47 PM
Such was likely best. Laprovik seemed to be the sort of fellow who unnerved Karrnage to some degree. Naturally his profession required him to rub shoulders with unpleasant and unscrupulous people, but that man seemed to wear his loathing on his sleeve.

"If you believe it would work, that is good. I have no patience for those types of people unfortunately."

He fished a small wrapped thing out of his pocket, and held it towards Tak.

"Candy?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 24th, 2008, 11:23:52 PM
Tak already had a hand out to take the offered sweet, but s'Il was quick to put a stop to that. Lifting a hand, she gave a tug with the Force, and the wrapped treat zipped from Karrnage's hand to hers.

Far from the blood-soaked and tenacious combatant that the Imperial had witnessed on Dantooine, the elder Lupine now showed the mindful nature of a mother. She raised a finger at Tak's protest, and canted her head at Karrnage.

"You haven't been around children I know, but if you're to stay with us it would be best for you to start learning what is and isn't a good idea.

"... and candy this late in the evening, for a little Lupine with already more energy than she knows what to do with, is not smart."

Colonel Karrnage
May 24th, 2008, 11:36:09 PM
"I, uh, see. Very well."

Karrnage retrieved a list from the desk he had been jotting down while she was away.

"If you would be so kind, I have a few requests to make. Since I assume you wish for me to remain in here for the duration of our trip, I would like to get these supplies and equipment brought to the ship, if it is possible."

It was mostly medical and scientific analysis equipment, and nothing terribly complicated or difficult to find.

"This will be a start. Also, do you have anything to eat?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 12:04:27 AM
s'Il took the offered list, perusing the items he'd written down.

"I don't think that it should be a problem obtaining these."

Most if not all of what he'd listed meant little to her, as she had no knowledge of exactly men in his profession worked, or the tools that they used. But she would do everything in her limited power to provide for him. Much of what freedoms she had in supplying Karrnage would be dictated by Dan and what he chose to allow, and given the already thin ice that she was walking upon with bringing the Imperial to the Rebel fleet, it would be a delicate request to approach. But she would try, at least.

At his question about food, the Lupine nodded her head. She had no idea when it was the last time that he'd eaten, but she knew for a fact that it hadn't been any time since being abducted from Coruscant.

Tak was still glaring at her over the confiscated piece of candy, but s'Il ignored the silent attitude she was receiving.

"Food... of course." She stiffly rose to her feet. "Is there anything specific that you would like?"

Colonel Karrnage
May 25th, 2008, 12:36:29 AM
"Clean food. No salt, no meat."

Karrnage dispensed with his preferences matter-of-factly. He was a control freak who was terrified of disarray or filth.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 12:43:40 AM
Tak stared at him, her mouth open in surprise.

"A'hga'na teh khe'khede'k?!"

Realizing that she'd reverted to Bast'yr in her shock, the little girl repeated herself, this time in Basic. It was easy to see that with her mother's welcoming enough treatment of 'Rasmiss she too had become less hostile toward him.

"No meat??"

Colonel Karrnage
May 25th, 2008, 12:51:55 AM
The little girl's earnest surprise was adorable. Karrnage empathized, imagining that for a Lupine, his choice of food might seem a bit eccentric.

"I grew up in this fashion. Everybody has something they like, and something they don't like."

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 01:05:24 AM
Tak thought about this, and about how it didn't make any sense at all that anyone could not want to eat meat. She'd not quite gotten used to eating raw (and sometimes even alive meat, but Dama said that it would probably not be until she was older that she'd start to like stuff like that.

She nodded thoughtfully.

"I don't like them, but Dama does like eating sajoi mouses."

And out of the corner of her eye, the little Lupine caught sight of her mother raising a palm to her face.

Colonel Karrnage
May 25th, 2008, 01:08:10 AM
Karrnage said nothing, but looked at s'Il with a raised eyebrow.

Clearing his throat, he returned his attention to Tak, and smiled.

"You Lupines are, of course, very special people. Go on and do what you like."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 01:19:42 AM
An odd face was returned to Karrnage, and s'Il held her hand out for her daughter to take.

"I'll do what I can to make sure that your food is 'clean'," she started.

Heading for the hatchway, s'Il opened it with a swipe of her palm. For a scant few seconds she watched as Tak skipped her way down the to the hangar deck, but soon enough her gaze turned back to Karrnage.

"I'll return shortly."

Colonel Karrnage
May 25th, 2008, 01:36:28 AM
Karrnage rose as his hosts departed, extending a hand in farewell.

"Until we meet again."

He nodded with a curt dip of his head, and immediately turned to return to his studies as the door slid shut behind him.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 02:00:47 AM
They'd only walked a short distance before Tak ground herself to a halt, tugging on s'Il's hand.

<"I left my necklace,"> she gasped.

Somewhat taken aback, s'Il kept a firm grip on the little girl.

<"Don't worry,"> she soothed, starting forward once more, <"it's not going anywhere.">

<"But what if he steals it?">

<"He won't, I promise. If you want, I'll get it back for you when I bring him food.">

A healthy nod, and Tak once more skipped along beside her mother. She bit her lip.

<"You're going back with his food without me?">

s'Il paused for a moment, thinking about her answer as the continued across the hangar.

<"I am. It's almost your bedtime.">

<"But I'm not tired!">

The elder Lupine lofted her brow, and sent a gaze down to the the top of Tak's head as they left the expanse of the hangar bay and continued on through the corridors.

<"Yes. you are.">

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2008, 12:59:33 PM
"No, I don't really want to hear it. Can we fly without it?"

Half the guts of the Layla were strewn about on the hangar deck, and I'd been picking over the bones for three hours with Cirrsseeto. We were both more or less splotched with grease, lubricants, and other filth, and neither of us were in the best of spirits.

"Yes, maybe, but you'rre gojing to burrn out the dampenerr jif you don't change thjis out soon. Look, jit's thrree hundrred crredjits now, orr a thousand laterr. jI just turrn the wrrench, that's all."

"I already told you, we can't spare it. If there's a corner, cut it. We can't spend that kind of upkeep unless we get more pay."

Cirr's ears flattened back, and he raised his voice.

"Thjiss jisn't spjit and tjin fojil, jI can't just make thjis up as jI go along! You know what jI need. jI know what jI need. jI don't do mjirracles."

I stormed off, kicking a hatch cover as I did. I was tired, angry, and needed a break.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 01:18:17 PM
The trip back to Dan's quarters was spent going back and forth, with Tak insisting that she was most certainly not tired, and s'Il calmly reiterating that it didn't matter if she was tired; bedtime was still bedtime. Not to mention the fact that Dan had said he'd have a surprise waiting for her; thankfully that was enough to ward off any further bickering.

They stopped at the doors to a lift, and presing the call-panel, waited patiently for the doors to open. It took only a short minute, and soon enough the lift arrived, doors sliding open. Both Lupines stepped to the side in order to allow the previous occupants to exit before stepping inside themselves.

The sound of approaching footsteps made s'Il pause however, and she turned her eye to look out between the still-open lift doors to see a rather dirty, foul-tempered Sanis stalking onward. Holding a hand out to halt the closing doors, the elder Lupine stared at him with an amused expression across her features.

Tak on the other hand wasn't quite so silent at the sight of him, and she gave a shout.

"Sanis!"

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2008, 01:21:40 PM
"Hey."

I managed to actually use words and not a grunt. I was sore, exhausted, and needed a drink. Seeing s'Il and Tak improved my mood, but only marginally.

Pausing before entering the lift, I wiped my face off with the bottom of my shirt.

"Don't mind the mess."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 01:45:14 PM
s'Il took him in with a wandering eye, noting the myriad of grease spots staining the front of his shirt.

The lift started upwards, and the Lupine curled the corners of her lips up into a faint smile. Tak on the other hand, stared almost appalled at Sanis' state of cleanliness. At first he didn't look so dirty, but up close it was something to behold.

s'Il reached over to pick away a small bit if grime that had affixed itself to his shoulder.

"You seem to be keeping yourself busy enough."

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2008, 01:57:38 PM
I shrugged, tensing my jaw a little bit as I kept my eyes forward. I shifted my weight on my feet, wanting to be conversational but not to unload all of my frustrations.

"Well, we had a bit of down time and Cirr thought it would be a good idea for an overhaul."

I could feel Tak staring up at me, and I gave her a funny look in return.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 02:04:27 PM
Tak returned the face, but soon smiled wide. She still kept her hands away from him, as there was the possibility that any amount of grease could be transferred to her. s'Il busied herself with staring oddly at the small bit of grease that had gotten under a fingernail due to her picking at Sanis' shoulder.

"You don't sound particularly happy about that."

The lift came to a stop, and the doors opened. Tak bounded out first, knowing her way to Dan's quarters quite well by now, and s'Il settled for trailing behind with Sanis.

"In fact, you don't sound particularly happy about much at all, if I'm to go by your tone of voice."

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2008, 02:10:21 PM
I shook my head and sighed.

"It's just been a long few days. This has got me really mad, but I'm in the spot I'm in because there's no work lately. Being wanted by the Empire has a way of reducing job opportunities."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 08:16:18 PM
An eye went to Tak to make sure she'd not skipped too far ahead.

"I was told that you'd decided to join the Rebels, though. I'd have thought that by doing that you would be in a better position... or is it that they have nothing for you to do at this moment... ?"

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2008, 08:21:16 PM
"If by join, you mean I was seen on the job with Rebels and circumstances sort of tied my hands, then yeah."

I shook my head.

"I'm not like that. I mean, I get behind what you guys are doing well enough, but this whole 'save the galaxy' and whatever thing isn't my thing, and I get the feeling that once the great war is over or whatever, there are a lot of people like your friend Dan who wouldn't think twice about getting rid of people like me."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 11:32:30 PM
This made her frown, and s'Il sent her gaze to the deckplates. Perhaps it was his voicing of the sentiment that those who were in the older generation of Rebels would so easily cast away their newer counterparts, or the way he'd said Dan's name, that caused the Lupine to knit her brows together.

"That doesn't seem like a very fair assessment. I might not have been active with these people for a while, but I used to be. What you're describing is something that is more in keeping with the tendencies of the Empire, not the Rebellion."

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2008, 11:41:03 PM
She didn't get it. I stopped, and looked at her squarely.

"That's easy for a Jedi Knight to say. You've got enough moral altitude to do it. I don't."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 25th, 2008, 11:50:56 PM
The Lupine came to a halt as well, her eye trying to understand exactly what it was that Sanis was going on about in his own roundabout way. She could have easily opened herself up to the Force and pull it from him forcefully, but s'Il still held to the notion that to do that would be an abuse of the power itself.

"Moral altitude means nothing to me. I'm still no different than the woman you met who would rather be left alone. I left Cathar with you for my own selfish reasons that also happened to coincide with the wellbeing of my daughter. I certainly did not think that I would be dragged into this war again."

Sanis Prent
May 25th, 2008, 11:59:32 PM
"I'm not blaming you for any of this, it's just what happened okay?"

I hadn't realized until then that I'd raised my voice. I backed off, shifted my feet, and spoke lower.

"But what do you think happens when we do win? When people get back to being who they were before it was us and them and right and wrong? I got news for you, I find my way into jail cells no matter who's holding the keys."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 12:04:47 AM
s'Il said nothing, surprised at his minor outburst, and her gaze shifted to Tak who had stopped at the sound of Sanis' raised voice. Pursing her lips, the Lupine placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, guiding him forward with her once more down the corridor.

"If that is what you're so worried about, than why don't you start doing legitimate business?"

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 12:07:33 AM
"It doesn't pay. If you haven't noticed, I'm scraping the bottom just to keep my ship flying, and I'm doing a lousy job at that."

I shook my head as we walked.

"I don't mind fighting the good fight every now and then. I'm not a total mercenary. But the Rebels are a charity racket at times, and the last time I did have a paying gig was a bit of a bust, if you don't recall."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 12:21:05 AM
The mention of the Urns disaster, even though only hinted at, made her scowl.

"That, was a mistake on Dan's part in my opinion. He knew that I would go if he asked, and he knew that the money would motivate you to participate as well.

"Unpleasant business all around that would best be left in the past."

Her hand was still on his shoulder, and as if just realizing, s'Il let go.

"But with that in mind, not everything that the Rebels set out to do is met with success, or even completion at times. But they are relentless still, and Dan just as much so."

Her eye took on a bit of a faraway look, and she continued on.

"Which is a good thing for him I suppose."

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 12:24:14 AM
I paused, and my eyes narrowed.

"What is it you see in him anyway? He's like twice your age."

Which got me to thinking.

"How old are you anyway?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 12:29:50 AM
Not quite expecting the sudden turn in conversation, s'Il gave him a strange look. Now where in the hell... ? He'd certainly never asked her anything like that before, and she'd never felt the need to offer up such information.

"Now what brings this line of thought to the forefront?"

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 12:35:24 AM
"I've known you for a long time, and you've always looked more or less the same. I see lots of people come and go, so things like that tend to stick."

I made a funny face.

"You don't seem like the type that would get offended by it, either."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 12:38:51 AM
"Well no, I suppose I'm not."

It still struck her as odd that Sanis had decided to jump to such a different topic of conversation.

A few moments of silence as she thought.

"Forty-seven."

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 12:43:25 AM
"Huh."

I blinked, and scratched my head a little.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 12:48:28 AM
She raised a single eyebrow.

"Does that disappoint you?"

They were approaching the door to Dan's quarters, and with Tak nowhere in sight, it seemed that the little girl had already let herself inside.

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 12:49:21 AM
"Well I was thinking older."

Dan's quarters. End of the line. I held back slightly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 12:58:28 AM
A flash of near-horror swept over her face.

"Older?!"

She noticed Sanis slowing in their approach to the door, and slowed with him as well.

"I don't look much older than you," she grumped.

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 01:01:24 AM
My smile betrayed me, and I finally laughed.

"I'm kidding! Seriously, you look a good fifteen years below that. In fact, not much removed at all from the day we first met."

I realized that I was holding her and Tak up, and that we needed to conclude.

"End of the line. Look, I've got to hit the fresher and get a drink. You take it easy."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 01:58:06 AM
She gave him a sudden smile, though her thoughts had deviated drastically from the subject of her age to something else that he'd said; something about how he had nothing particularly constructive to do beyond arguing with Cirr about Layla.

"Wait," she paused at the door, one hand entering the entry combination on the keypad. The door slid open without a sound, and s'Il moved to stand in the doorway. Quiet chatter between Tak and Dan could be heard from inside, but the Lupine disregarded it for the moment.

"There is a project I'm working on, if you want something to do... "

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 02:10:55 AM
"A project?"

I was instantly interested, but then hesitated.

"I don't suppose there would be any way to get paid?"

I didn't want to charge her for a solid, but I was getting slightly desperate.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 02:18:54 AM
Her smile turned into a soft laugh.

"Money is easy enough to provide."

The Lupine leaned forward then, so that her nose was inches from his, and she gave him a conniving grin.

"I'm not exactly penniless, you know."

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 02:39:20 AM
I didn't really consider her having any personal wealth.

"I hadn't thought of that. Really, if you're willing, then I'm up for whatever you have in mind."

The thought of some real action was making me feel alive again. Maybe that was part of the problem too? I felt like I was just going through the motions since the urns mission. I needed new horizons.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 09:55:17 AM
s'Il leaned back out of his personal space once more, still grinning.

"Wonderful. Meet me at the Cat in an hour."

She turned to enter Dan's - or was it acceptable to call them hers now too - quarters, but stopped as a perplexed look descended upon her.

"One more thing; clean food without salt or meat. What sort of food is prepared in such a way... ?"

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 10:05:33 AM
I paused before she entered the doorway.

"What?"

What was she going on about clean food - no salt, and no meat? What was he, some short order cook?

"Uh, I don't know? A salad?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 10:08:32 AM
She seemed to consider this for a few short seconds, and satisfied, gave Sanis a nod.

"Alright. Thank you."

And before the door closed, she reiterated her previous instructions.

"Remember; the Cat in an hour."

Sanis Prent
May 26th, 2008, 10:09:35 AM
"Don't worry, I'll be there. It's an excuse to stay out of Cirr's way, and we both need that right now."

I turned to part, waving behind my shoulder as I strolled off.

"See you then."

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 10:27:50 AM
Daddy had been sitting at his desk when she came in, doing whatever it was that Rebel Commander Daddies do. Of course that meant little to her, and Tak strolled through the main living area and on towards the back of the room where Daddy was. She was glad to be back; 'Rasmiss was interesting, but the more she thought about it the more she decided that taking him some food wasn't near as fun as finding out what sort of surprise Daddy had for her.

The little Lupine said nothing at all as she came around the desk, and with fierce determination - and a little bit of help from Daddy - she climbed up. But her path didn't end in Daddy's lap.

Swiping the datapads and other work things on his desk aside, she made enough room to sit on the desktop, facing him.

She stared at him with a thoughtful (if not more than a little stern) expression, lips pursed in a way that mimicked her mother almost perfectly. Taking a deep breath, she let it out in a long sigh.

"I don't see what's so special about that man," she started, "he's short, and he sweats a lot, and he doesn't take his gloves off. His glasses are funny, and so is his voice."

She didn't give Daddy a chance to say anything, and waved her hands in the air.

"AND! He took one of my books without asking! One of my books!"

General Dan
May 26th, 2008, 11:41:33 AM
It was all a mouthful, and Dan took it in with the sort of serious, understanding expression that a father needed for his very serious little girl.

"Well, your mother thinks he's very special, so maybe we should be nice to him. For now, at least."

He smiled in a disarming way, and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

"You're up pretty late, sport. Not sleepy, I take it?"

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 11:54:49 AM
Daddy should've known that she wasn't sleepy, and she gave him a look that said as much.

"Noooo, I'm not tired."

Dama was still standing in the doorway talking to Sanis, and she reached up to wipe her bangs from her eyes.

"He doesn't eat meat, either. No meat!"

Tak gave an open-palmed slap to the desk.

"How does anyone not like meat?!"

General Dan
May 26th, 2008, 11:59:30 AM
"Well, little one, I think some people would say the same thing about little girls not eating their veggies."

Dan knew well enough that the girl was a hyperactive robot child that ran on cheap candy and dead animals, and she'd made a face at any attempt to change this.

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 02:14:10 PM
"Oh I eat my vegables."

Which meant that she spread them around her plate.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 02:26:10 PM
"Is that so?"

s'Il had come up from behind unannounced, finished with her business with Sanis, and skirted the edge of Dan's desk.

Tak gave her mother a defiant look, and s'Il lofted an eyebrow in return.

"I think it's time to get ready for bed."

A rather shortlived staring contest followed, which the Lupine ended by gently helping the little girl from the desk to the floor. Tak huffed her way across to the bedroom doorway, and disappeared inside.

It was enough to make s'Il shake her head with a ghostly smile as she moved to fill in the spot on the desk that Tak had been vacated from.

"You cook," this she knew quite well from experience, as Dan had always seemed to take a particular delight in testing new creations on her.

"What is clean food?"

General Dan
May 26th, 2008, 02:28:30 PM
"That's a sudden question."

Dan looked a little surprised, but in retrospect from Tak's little conversation, he shouldn't be.

"Fresh stuff. No preservatives, no artificial additives, that sort of thing.

I take it your guest is a picky eater?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 02:36:54 PM
"It would certainly seem so."

She thought about what he'd said, doing her best to think of a meal that Karrnage would find acceptable. It wasn't exactly an easy thing, and she made a face.

From her perch on his desk, she idly kicked at the tow of his left boot.

"The galley here serves food like that, yes?"

General Dan
May 26th, 2008, 03:10:54 PM
"I believe we even have an Ithorian cook, so you're bound to find something that would be agreeable for him."

Ithorians were nature nuts, and they seemed to excel in celebrating everything green. Usually very fresh, whole foods, that were delicately spiced.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 26th, 2008, 05:08:09 PM
"That's good to hear. He said no meat, which about throws out my entire knowledge of food."

Sliding from the desk, s'Il leaned forward with her hands grasping at the armrests of his chair.

With everything that had happened in the last few days, and with the thought of what would be happening; the fact that she was sure she'd be getting the answers she had been wanting for years, the Lupine felt a sense of content happiness flood her being.

"It feels good to be back," she said softly.

General Dan
May 26th, 2008, 09:29:14 PM
"You know, I was thinking while you were out. The fleet moves off the line pretty soon. Would be a good chance for us to take it easy, and live life like normal families do. I'm pretty sure I can arrange leave. We'd still be on a short leash, but its better than running through the routine."

Dan rose from his seat, smiling at s'Il.

"Give us what we need to really start fresh"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 27th, 2008, 07:22:20 AM
To hear him say words like 'normal family' gave the Lupine an odd feeling. Not unpleasant in any way, but odd just the same.

Turning to look at the doorway to the bedroom while at the same time pulling Dan into a casual embrace, she wrapped her arms around the small of his back before returning her gaze upwards to his face. She would have to leave soon, if she wished to provide Karrnage with the chance to eat before Sanis arrived at the Cat, but the desire for the closeness that she'd for so long had to do without made her postpone her departure for just a short while longer.

"As long as that is something that you truly want, and not something that you feel obligated to do."

General Dan
May 27th, 2008, 08:29:56 PM
"It's been ages since I've felt like I can do what I want, and not just what I have to do. I've done more than I have been expected to, and enough to say to hell with obligations."

Dan leaned down and kissed her gently, drawing his hands around her shoulders and into her hair.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 27th, 2008, 09:23:25 PM

Thirty minutes later found her once more entering the locking code on the Cat's codepanel with one of the galley's disposable food trays in hand.

The Ithorian cook had been more than happy to prepare an assortment of 'clean' foods - s'Il still found the concept somewhat odd, but if that was what Karrnage wanted, then she would certainly provide for him.

The hatch slid open without a sound, and the Lupine stepped inside. With not a little amusement she noted that even more books had been pulled from the shelves, with the Imperial nose-deep in at least two of them simultaneously.

It was a strange thing to see, someone so thoroughly interested in the Lupines. The last person who had been was Dan, but his curiosity had seemed to level out through the many years of his exposure to her. It was somewhat a familiar feeling, and the Lupine gently set Karrnage's food on the desk beside one of the open books.

Colonel Karrnage
May 27th, 2008, 09:27:20 PM
"Aj, Dra, Vet, Jes, Keshi..."

Karrnage cribbed notes furiously, translating Lupine glyphs using an ancient Caridan reference. It was laborious, but produced results.

"Come in, come in. Much progress."

Karrnage looked up, enlightened by her company and paid his food little mind for the moment.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 28th, 2008, 07:17:56 AM
Watching in amusement, s'Il leaned over his shoulder after a short while, taking the stylus from his hand.

Her linework was graceful even in the corrections she made to his notes.

"Caridan can only help you to a certain point with translation, I'm afraid."

A strike through the numbers he'd written, and s'Il wrote their correct forms out phonetically in Basic.

"Kho, du, idu, t'cha, nro."

She stood back, giving him a lazy grin.

"Also, it would be a good thing to keep in mind that there are three subdialects within the whole."

Colonel Karrnage
May 28th, 2008, 07:20:46 AM
"Yes, of course. The house clans even differ on that."

Suddenly noticing his food, Karrnage allowed himself to pause.

"Ah, thank you."

He took the dish, examining it as he was examining strange artifacts just previously. As he probed it with a fork, he engaged in conversation.

"And were you able to find the medical equipment without hardship?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 29th, 2008, 07:43:09 AM
s'Il gave a shake of her head.

"I've not put in the request yet. That is something I plan on saving until tomorrow."

Seating herself on the edge of the bed, she crossed one leg over the other.

"As it is, I don't know how much longer we're going to be with the fleet. We may be going to Schwartzweld sooner than I thought."

Colonel Karrnage
May 29th, 2008, 09:05:40 PM
Karrnage instantly lit up at the idea.

"Hastened no doubt by your nervous friends I suppose, but no matter, the chance of study at the very Nexus of things excites my passions."

His mind began to race, and he looked here and there.

"No doubt I am sure to find many unforseen portents and links that will bolster my theories."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 30th, 2008, 07:30:56 AM
Giving him a curious look, s'Il furrowed her brow.

"And what sort of theories would those be?"

Colonel Karrnage
May 30th, 2008, 07:47:11 AM
"My theory is that the Lupine condition is one that was created by science, and not a natural evolutionary trait."

Karrnage paused, pursing his lips as he tapped them with a fingertip.

"But there is much to be done before that can be confirmed or rejected."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:04:19 AM
Now this was interesting, and s'Il gave a slight frown. Of course she knew that the Lupines were not a natural phenomenon, but there was a hesitation as she stopped to consider what might have possibly led Karrnage to such a thought.

Finally she looked up, an expression on her face that was a shade below a scowl.

"I can answer your theory, but first I wish to know how you came to such a conclusion on your own."

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 1st, 2008, 02:59:24 AM
Karrnage pursed his lips, and spoke carefully.

"The entire dialect of Lupine language derives from ancient Caridan linguistic roots, but there is no archaeological evidence of a sister species on Carida or any evidence of a migrational pattern even if they existed. It's as if some ancient proto-Caridans just became Lupines. This is naturally possible, but when combined with your reproductive quandry, which is often a side-effect of genetic modification reaching some state of conundrum."

Karrnage shrugged.

"This all needs to be substantiated, you understand."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:00:38 AM
"Oh but of course."

Shifting in her seat, the Lupine allowed her gaze to rest on his food before starting.

"We are not natural; your theory on that aspect is very much correct.

"In regards to the Caridan aspects of the language, I could not tell you at the moment since I've never gone into the subject in my own time."

Her eye went from his food to the closed hatch of the shuttle then.

"There is a system, far removed from the Core, on the far edge of wild space. It is Figaro Favoura; that is where we come from."

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:08:52 AM
"My theory is just that. A theory. Even if corroborated by you, it must be analyzed. You must understand that generations of folklore and inherited history can be inconclusive. It's used as a reference, certainly."

At last remembering his food, he took the dish, and set aside his trinkets for a moment, poking at it with a utensil before eating. He continued to speak with s'Il as he did so.

"Figaro Favoura, where this Schwartzweld is located, yes?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:15:34 PM
Giving him a little more than an odd look, s'Il raised an eyebrow. Folklore and inherited history?

"The journals and writings of our creators are kept by each Apex House," she began in a mildly terse voice, "If those are what you require than it is possible to find them. It is not simply folklore and inherited history, as you may wish to call it. We knew exactly where we came from, and have the proof to show for it.

"Townsend Loveloxx and Melkhiah Losstarot were men of science, as you claim yourself to be. What they penned with their own hands will be conclusive enough for you."

But enough of such talk; it was detrimental in that it was useless unless he actually held the two mens' works in his hands, so she went on to his question.

"Schwartzweld is the seventh moon of Figaro Favoura VII. It is where the Lupines lived."

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 1st, 2008, 03:46:08 PM
He could tell that he'd hit a nerve, and attempted to soften the reception.

"My apologies madam, as a man of science, I find it necessary to be at all times skeptical. I too wish to corroborate everything that you tell me, as it would be quite wonderful."

He paused for another bite, and dabbed his mouth with a napkin.

"Then you intend to travel to Figaro Favoura then?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 1st, 2008, 04:03:55 PM
"It is possible."

She had to wonder, briefly, just what Sanis would do when he arrived. Karrnage had been on the receiving end of Prent's shellgun back on Dantooine, and the Lupine counted herself lucky that the man had survived. But still, she knew that there would need to be mediation on her part between the two.

"I would like to return, but I've left the decision to Teagan's father. It is his choice to make concerning where we will go."

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:17:00 PM
"Ah yes, the father!"

Karrnage paused, putting his food aside. He clasped his hands neatly in his lap.

"Tell me of this man. Will I have a chance to meet him?"

This was of course another piece of the puzzle, and one that Karrnage hoped to unlock.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:07:52 AM
"I, well... "

s'Il gave pause. Karrnage's desire to meet even Dan came as no real surprise, but it did make her wonder if Dan would be so patient and genial with the Imperial as she was finding herself to be.

His initial reaction did not bode well, despite the allowances he'd given her. Yet, he occasionally did manage to surprise her at times, and with a silent prayer she hoped that when properly introduced, he would be passingly civil.

"You've met him already; in a roundabout way I suppose."

Sanis Prent
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:45:40 AM
Where was she?

I had finally gotten a chance to get myself cleaned up and to take a breather. That done, I made my way back to the hangar, hoping she'd be waiting on me. But now she was nowhere in sight. Rather than go back to the Layla and have another argument with Cirr, I decided to see if she'd show.

After waiting a moment, I wondered if she'd beaten me to the punch, and was in the Cat? I stepped up to the shuttle, and gave the door a knock.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:55:57 AM
Any further clarification was cut short as the sound of a knock interrupted her.

The Lupine rose from where she sat, and started for the door. There really was no telling what would happen in the coming few minutes, though s'Il did hope that Sanis' ill mood had largely passed.

Reaching out, she opened the hatch. It slid up without a sound, and not even bothering to greet Sanis properly, she unceremoniously grabbed the front of his shirt collar, pulling him inside. It was not a harsh gesture in the least, but more one borne from the desire to speed up the process of getting to the business at hand.

The door slid shut, and s'Il locked it once more.

Sanis Prent
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:02:38 AM
I froze, looking from the spectacled man in the seat, and back to s'Il. Initially, my hand slid down to my shell gun.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:41:46 PM
s'Il came from behind him to lay a hand over his, taking it from the firearm at his side; it certainly wouldn't do to have a repeat of the last time Sanis had seen the Imperial.

"No," there was a small clip to her voice, and she placed herself between the two men while still looking up into Sanis' face.

"It's ok."

Sanis Prent
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:45:14 PM
In retrospect, I was probably a little angrier than I should have been. After all, I wasn't the one who'd nearly been killed. Still, this piled onto my frustrations with Cirr and the ship and my latest employment difficulties, and to be honest, I was still sore about the Urns job.

What was her damage anyway? Obviously a mental, since this lab rat didn't seem to have any qualms about doing whatever he wanted with her.

I spoke with an obvious effort to keep my inflection even and calm, though my flaring nostrils and eyes gave myself away.

"Take your hand off my arm."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:56:12 PM
It wasn't his voice, but his body language that startled her, and s'Il obeyed immediately. He had never looked at her in such a way, and it gave the Lupine a small bit of worry, wondering if it'd truly been an acceptable idea to have the two in such close quarters together. She knew that his disposition would already be aggravated by the current situation with Cirr, but had also hoped that his time alone would've calmed him.

She'd been sufficiently taken aback, but quickly recovered herself. Squaring her shoulders, s'Il lifted a finger and allowed her voice the same measure of levelness that Sanis' had.

"Don't hurt him."

Sanis Prent
Jun 2nd, 2008, 08:59:08 PM
"Fine."

I curled that word over my lips with disgust, almost spitting it on the floor. Looking past her, I scrutinized the mousy and creepy scientist, wondering what the hell she was thinking bringing him on board.

"There's such a thing as curiosity and another thing in being damned stupid. Him? With Teagan on the same ship? Are you really willing to risk that?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:07:56 PM
She stood her ground, unwilling to concede him anything. She was doing all that she knew how to do in finding the answers to why her people had dwindled to only three. Sanis didn't have to understand; all she wanted was his help.

At the mention of Tak, s'Il gave a dismissive wave.

"She has already met him."

Sanis Prent
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:11:05 PM
She was being coy about this, and I was almost at the breaking point. My jawline tensed and relaxed as I stood in silence, not really sure if I should chew her out, throw her off my shuttle, leave, or shoot the guy anyway.

"Is this what you wanted to talk to me about?"

How I managed to remain civil was anybody's guess.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:21:16 PM
The level of restraint that was more than obvious about him seemed ready to snap, and s'Il's mind raced in search of the best method for calming him. There were many times that she had difficulty understanding Sanis, and now was one of those times.

Of course, the constant disgruntled and sometimes downright ill attitude Prent harbored towards Dan was an ever-present beacon of such confusing behavior.

She crossed her arms and glared up at him. This attitude of his was finally starting to frustrate her, and it showed in her eye.

"Well I don't know, anymore. Possibly, but I dare say that your civility is so incredibly lacking that I have to wonder if asking for your help was such a good idea."

She jabbed a finger to his chest for emphasis.

"If this is how you treat your clients than it's no wonder you're treading water so badly."

Sanis Prent
Jun 2nd, 2008, 09:28:09 PM
"Oh you want to make it about business?"

My eyes went wide in surprise, and I leapt into her mock indignation.

"If this were business, I'd smile, nod, shake your hand, and not give a damn what you do and what risks you take. You could go and get yourself killed for all I care, and the only way I might even hint that you were making a bad choice is asking to be paid in advance. This...whatever this is...stopped being just business between you and me a long time ago. You think I give you room and board for no scratch because its a good investment? I do it because it's more than business. That's what people who give a damn do, and the one time I climb out of my mercenary habits and you want to throw that in my face?

Go to hell. I'm out."

I turned, stormed out, and punched the bulkhead, not bothering to realize that it hurt like hell to do so and I may have broken something in the process.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:59:20 AM
"Now wait just a damn minute... !"

If she was frustrated before, s'Il had instantly become downright furious at his tirade, and she was quick to follow after him. And what in the world did he mean by letting her stay in the Cat without compensation?! Dan was paying him, surely; that had been the initial agreement after all, and she voiced that fact.

"What do you mean, 'no scratch?!"

She caught up to him, and reaching a hand out, grabbed a hold of the sleeve of his shirt to stop him. s'Il came around to face him, her grip on him remaining.

"Our agreement was that I'd help you, and any other compensation you required for the Cat in terms of credits was payed by Dan... "

But there was something in his eyes, behind the anger. Something that stopped her short. Staring up at him, the Lupine searched his features before finally locking her eye with his, and she released him to take half a step back.

"... you told him to stop paying you."

Her entire body seemed to tense up at his unspoken affirmation, and Karrnage, who she'd left behind in the shuttle, was immediately forgotten.

"You didn't tell me. Why?!"

Not allowing him a chance to answer, s'Il went on.

"Sanis, you're my friend, but if me being on your ship became more than business, it was you who made it that way... "

It was beginning to click in her mind then, and the Lupine ticked her ears back out of nervous habit. The look that she gave him was as much confused as it was questioning.

Sanis Prent
Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:01:01 AM
"Guess that makes it my mess to clean up, then."

I spoke a little softer, and looked squarely into her eyes.

"If you want to risk your life, that's nothing new. I've been there before. Think about Teagan. Don't ever think for one second that they'd hold back if they had a chance."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:11:11 PM
"I am thinking about Teagan."

The mix of emotions that played out in her eye threatened to overcome the Lupine, and she clamped her jaw shut.

Finally she went on, though now her voice had become low.

"We're staying with Dan. You can have the Cat back as soon as I can get our belongings removed."

Sanis Prent
Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:27:09 PM
"Yeah, I was waiting to hear that."

I shifted weight on my feet, my face more or less expressionless.

"Think you'll take well to domestication?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:31:40 PM
He'd been waiting to hear that?

"Whether I do or not, it's what she needs. Sanis, I... " she grimaced, turning to look to the side for a moment, then back up to him.

"She can't grow up on Layla; she needs her father."

s'Il's voice dropped to a bare whisper then.

"And so do I."

Sanis Prent
Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:43:02 PM
"I know. You're right. She needs to be somewhere where she can grow up and have a life, and you need the same. I'm not mad that you're getting out of Layla. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to do it.

I'm just used to being the one you go to when your back's against the wall. I don't like the idea of somebody else trying to do that."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 08:56:12 PM
s'Il frowned at what thoughts his words brought to the forefront, and she recalled his earlier remark of the Rebel leader being older than her.

"So this is about Dan, then."

She knew that answer well enough now, but wished to hear it from Sanis' own lips.

Sanis Prent
Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:01:58 PM
"No. I think you'll be happy there, and I think he can look after you well enough. I don't like the guy at all, but that's another point of it. I'm just used to being the one you depend on. "

I reached behind my ear, pulling out a stim and sticking it between my lips.

"You're the only one who did."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:20:18 PM
s'Il gave a hrmph. The fact that Sanis disliked Dan unsettled and hurt her to a degree. She knew that the older Rebel had a distinct curt behavior when dealing with such individuals like Prent; it was how he'd always been. At the same time however, she'd been with Dan for far longer than she'd known Sanis, and was afforded a much different side of the man.

"I still depend on you, and I still need your help.

"I'm sorry that I'm not as young as you thought I was, and I'm sorry that I never told you that I was anything but human. It's not in my nature to be so forthcoming; even with those that I care about.

"But that doesn't change the fact that I'm still relying on you. Sanis, as much as I need that Imperial in the shuttle, I need you just the same."

Sanis Prent
Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:23:18 PM
The equivocation was wounding. Now I was in the same pile as Doctor Weirdo?

"Did you tell Dan about him?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:36:11 PM
"Of course I did. He was not happy about it, but he knows that it's important."

The Lupine hesitated, her brow furrowed as she thought of how best to explain such a thing as her need for Karrnage.

She watched him light the stim.

"I was never supposed to have children. Zem knows this, and so does Dan. It was one of the only constants that I had growing up, and I lived my life with it, knowing that when I died, there would be no more like me.

But then I had a baby. A little girl that I wasn't supposed to have. My people died away because they became sterile, and I was no different."

The smallest bead of a tear began to form.

"I was no different, until I had a baby."

Sanis Prent
Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:42:32 PM
"As miraculous as it is, is it that important to know why? Even if you put your daughter in danger? If it were just that guy, I wouldn't be worried, but he's going to bring the whole weight of the Empire on your head. I barely annoyed them and it's all I can do to keep my head above water at times."

Exhaling smoke into the air, I caught the tear on the side of my hand.

"I hope you know what you're doing."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 3rd, 2008, 09:59:14 PM
At his touch, she looked away.

"So do I."

Pulling a deep breath into her lungs, s'Il let it out slowly.

"Dan and I are leaving the fleet for a short while, and we're going to live elsewhere. We need transportation however, and I still have many things on Cathar that I would like back."

Sanis Prent
Jun 3rd, 2008, 10:03:32 PM
I knew she meant that she needed me. I was glad to hear it. Silent for a while, I exhaled through my nose, and nodded.

"I'll get the ship ready to go then. Should be able to leave in a day."

As I extinguished the stim beneath a boot, I looked at her carefully, watching for any expression that might betray her conflicting emotions.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:31:07 AM
There was relief in her eye, and s'Il nodded.

She gestured to the Cat.

"Will you come back? If the Empire does as you say, then it may be forthcoming to discuss with him what can be expected and what measures we can take to elude them."

Sanis Prent
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:45:46 AM
I scrutinized the hatch on the shuttle for a moment, scuffing my boot toe on the deck plating.

"What makes you think he's not working for them anyway?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:51:40 AM
"He is a scholar first and foremost, I think. The Empire I would imagine is secondary to knowledge in his mind."

s'Il breathed deeply, smelling the myriad of scents that wafted through the hangar. Sanis' scent was strongest; he smelled of - oddly enough - freshly applied cologne and stim smoke. It was a strange combination to unravel for her olfactory senses.

"On Dantooine, I remember hearing him. He tried to stop the fight."

Sanis Prent
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:40:41 PM
I looked at the door skeptically.

"He's a true believer, like the Emperor. All of that occult crap. I don't put anything past somebody like that.

Besides, Imperial Intelligence knows a thing or two about selling a lie. He might be a bookworm, but he's also a Colonel."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:47:42 PM
A thoughtful frown .

"You could always bring the matter up with him directly. Mind you, through civil discourse, I would ask."

s'Il took a step forward then stopped, her eye on Sanis in silent beckoning.

Sanis Prent
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:51:56 PM
"I thought you were pretty firmly against the idea of me being direct?"

I smirked, glancing down at my shellgun. Even so, I followed her gesture, and opened the door. I'd do my best not to shoot the little wormy guy.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:58:03 PM
The Lupine gave him a good-natured hrmph, but satisfied for the moment, she followed him in.

It would still be a matter of walking on eggshells with the two, despite it all, yet her initial worry had changed into simply a mild apprehension at what might come.

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:02:30 PM
Karrnage rose as the two entered again, not quite sure what to make of this. He was naturally apprehensive of Sanis, having being shot once before. Though he tried to hide his apprehension, he still perspired a little.

"A productive discussion, yes?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:08:49 PM
She stepped from behind Sanis to afford herself a better vantage of the Imperial. Productive? In a manner of speaking she supposed. Of course, she'd managed to return with Sanis in a far less outwardly angered state, so she supposed it had been somewhat successful.

"To a point, yes."

Moving to the low teekwood table that sat at the foot of her bed, s'Il opted to slowly settle herself on its' surface, motioning for Sanis to find himself a seat as well.

Sanis Prent
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:20:52 PM
"I'm going to come along with you."

I told the Imperial somewhat matter-of-factly, as I poked about in some of the shuttle's nooks. I moved some of s'Il's books around, until I came to a hideaway door, which opened to a small bottle of liquor.

"You know, just in case."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:31:52 PM
Watching Sanis with a small bit of amusement, s'Il arched an eyebrow when he came to the small hidden compartment. She herself had found it long ago, and taken out the nottle to replace it with a small decantur of her own private stock.

The Lupine liquor had come from Schwartzweld long ago, taken when she and Dan had last been.

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:49:29 PM
"I don't understand, I'm afraid."

Karrnage maintained a polite smile, which was becoming difficult to do. He had a feeling this man was going to threaten him with thinly veiled violence and offer terms full of imposition. What unpleasantness.

Sanis Prent
Jun 4th, 2008, 08:53:21 PM
"The Rebel fleet isn't going to brake for you and s'Il, so you're going to need somebody to get you where you need to go. Fortunately I'm magnanimous and decided not to shoot you, for now."

I popped the cork with my teeth, smelling at the contents of the bottle. This was different. I blinked, and sipped.

"But I'm really hoping you give me an excuse to."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:01:27 PM
It wasn't so much a scowl as it was a bemused grimace that she turned to Sanis. His tone was acceptable enough, and the Lupine could tell that he was putting forth some sort of effort to remain passably amiable. It was certainly something to see. Not to mention, the look on his face at his first taste of Lupine whiskey.

She held a hand out to him in a silent request for the decanter while turning her eye to Karrnage.

"He doesn't mean that."

Sanis Prent
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:11:15 PM
I passed the bottle to s'Il with an amicable grin on my face. Returning my attention to Karrnage, the smile remained to some degree, and I mouthed Yes I do wordlessly.

Shrugging, I leaned against the bulkhead.

"Still, that's up to you. I need you to be on your best behavior, and I'm a pretty paranoid guy. I cross paths with an Imperial garbage scow, and I'm going to think you had a hand in it. You want me to be on your good side, think about making that not happen."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:18:09 PM
She sniffed at the contents, her voice dropping to a mild grumble at Sanis' noiseless reaffirmation.

"I saw that."

A taste, and she set the glass container on the table without so much as an offer to Karrnage.

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:20:46 PM
"Sir, you mistake my importance. I don't have that kind of accessibility, even if I were allowed to communicate with the Empire. How am I to do this?"

Karrnage glanced to s'Il, still not overtly agitated but now wringing his gloved hands slightly.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:36:20 PM
Leaning forward, s'Il reached a hand out to still his nervous habit.

"It is alright," she soothed, lacing her words with the Force in the hopes that the calming undercurrents would alleviate him.

"We simply wish to be as cautious as we are able, for our own safety, but more so for Teagan. If you can help us eliminate some of the guesswork when it comes to what the Empire will do to retrieve you, it would be most appreciated."

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:40:32 PM
Reluctantly, Karrnage nodded, and dabbed his forehead.

"Fortunately, Figaro Favoura is in Wild Space. I do know, through my own frustrations, that the Empire doesn't really venture that deep in the first place. If anything, perhaps a probe, and the ones I know of are near Bakura, some ways away from our destination."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2008, 06:47:05 AM
"That is encouraging news, at least."

s'Il cast a look to Sanis before turning her attention back to Karrnage. Sanis had had a point in reiterating that Karrnage was a Colonel in Imperial Intelligence, and while she placed her trust in the hopes that the desire for knowledge superseded such placement in the Imperial bureaucracy, she knew it would be best to bring the matter to light.

She withdrew her hands and clasped them in her lap.

"You are a Colonel in Imperial Intelligence," she said plainly.

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:00:39 AM
Karrnage's smile faded somewhat.

"I am, yes. That does not by default give me enough insight into overt military matters."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2008, 07:33:33 PM
"Be that as it may, your government still saw you as loyal enough to give you that rank."

Her tone had no edge, instead it it remained sincerely inquisitive.

"And when the matter was brought up you hesitated at the thought of defection. I know that you are here in an academic capacity, and that it wasn't exactly your choice to be here in the first place, but I need you in a setting that is neutral.

"I will not have Teagan subjected to the same way you treated Arya."

Sanis Prent
Jun 5th, 2008, 07:51:23 PM
"Treated Arya? Who's Arya? What did he do?"

Despite my whole loose arrangement to not kill Karrnage, I was still darkly curious as to the guy's resume.

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:06:32 PM
"Another Lupine whom was, er, less cooperative in research than s'Ilancy has proven to be."

Karrnage shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"You can rest assured sir, I have no ill intentions toward either s'Ilancy or your daughter."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:20:05 PM
s'Il stifled a sudden cough at that last bit, and gave Karrnage an odd look before moving her gaze to Sanis, suddenly remembering that she'd been more than somewhat vague on the matter of Tak's father.

And coupled with the manner of Sanis' entrance, she found it unsurprising that Karrnage thought he was the one.

"He's... " She cleared her throat. "... not her father."

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:33:39 PM
Karrnage's mouth went agape slightly, then he quickly recovered.

"My apologies, I merely assumed..."

Now his brow knit in thought. Then why was this thug even here?

Sanis Prent
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:36:04 PM
"Don't worry, Doc. I'm sure the old man will be around eventually to brighten your day. So, again, what about this Arya and what exactly is your angle anyway?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:49:41 PM
s'Il waved away Karrnage's apology while answering Sanis.

"Arya is exactly who he says she is. She is another Lupine who unfortunately found herself in the company of the Empire."

The last question was one that she too wished to know.

"I must admit though, that I am curious as to why the sudden interest in my people as well.

"A Lupine offers no sort of threat to the Empire; it is impossible with the state of things as they are now. If I was wanted for my being a Jedi, it would be easier to understand; but Arya was sent to find me not because of that, but because I was a Lupine.

"Why?"

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:00:48 PM
"Because the Lupines are an engineered weapon, of course."

Unsubstantiated, but Karrnage had long kept his theory to himself until now.

"If my inference about the origins of Lupines being artificial, then one would logically be compelled to assume there is a purpose. The most obvious nature of the genetic trait observable is anthropomorphic flux, but I think more desirable to the creators would be the ability to hunt and destroy force users."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:18:07 PM
She leaned back slightly, her hands still in her lap as she stared at the Imperial. His guess was certainly correct, in that Townsend Loveloxx sought to kill those who used the Force with his creation, but it was Melkhiah who had tempered that original intent with his own.

It had simply not occurred to her before that the Empire would seek out an avenue such as that with which to hunt down Jedi. It had always seemed as though the Rebellion was a more imminent threat.

"The Empire wishes to hunt Jedi with Lupines, then?"

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:24:10 PM
"We are interested in many things."

Karrnage left his face expressionless, not wishing to fall for s'Il's honeypot.

"There are many useful things, long forgotten, that we are in the quest to discover."

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:28:20 PM
She thought on that, and reached up to scratch along the periphery of her scar before looking at Karrnage from over the top of her eye.

"And the Urns of Korriban... ?"

Sanis Prent
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:38:43 PM
I shifted the weight on my feet, and took the bottle from s'Il a little forcefully at the mention of that.

Colonel Karrnage
Jun 5th, 2008, 09:52:39 PM
"The Korriban Urns are a vital link in the Sith mythologies. An interesting study, sadly cut short I'm afraid."

Karrnage seemed as eager to put it behind him as Sanis.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 6th, 2008, 08:17:22 PM
For now, his answer would be enough. She harbored a slight feeling of aggravation however at what she perceived as plain ignorance of what the Urns were truly capable of, but said nothing of it.

She pressed onward.

"The woman; Esalis. She will come after you?"