PDA

View Full Version : Magnet Man Goes to Westchester

Flux
May 14th, 2008, 06:34:18 PM
Finally Felix was going to see Banner. It'd been weeks, and at last he had enough money to pay the bus fare. It was a brisk Saturday morning, and Felix was dressed warmly because of the wind. He wore a black hoodie with the Misfit's mascot, the Crimson Ghost on the front, whichever pair of jeans he picked up off the floor that morning, and his usual sneakers. Underneath his clothes he wore his metal bands, just in case. In the front pocket of the hoodie, he kept his mask and his CD player, which skipped horribly at every little bump in the road. He spun his keys and USB around his finger as he waited; the bus ride was long and boring.

At last they arrived and the bus left him in front of the gates, which were shut, locked, and unattended. Once the bus was clear and there was no one to see him, he magnetized himself to the top of the gate and leapt over, walking up to the front door and letting himself in. Nobody seemed to take notice of him, which suited Felix fine. He just wanted to find Banner.

Banner Laverick
May 14th, 2008, 06:43:40 PM
She practically flew down the stairs. Not actual flying, more like happy floating-skipping-running, a big grin on her face. He was coming for a visit, and his bus should've arrived a few moments ago...

The lobby was bustling with students, teachers, milling around in between classes. There he was, right in front of the door. With a few shoves, Banner was in front of him, arms wrapping around his neck, drawing him into a soft kiss.

"Felix!"

Flux
May 14th, 2008, 06:49:07 PM
He hugged her tight and nuzzled her neck.

"Hey, Banner." He held her back and smiled at her, looking her over to see how she was. She didn't look hurt or anything, which was good for him. He had to ask her though. "You okay?"

He drew her to him again and they started to walk, looking for a place to sit and catch up. So far, it didn't LOOK like what he thought it'd be, but there's that whole thing about appearances and deception.

Banner Laverick
May 14th, 2008, 06:58:18 PM
"Uhhh, I kinda...had a fight with the janitor and nearly burnt down half the school?" Her face flushed, as she held up her arms. "I got burnt up pretty badly, but there's this guy here who can heal people. So, no scars or anything."

She held him a little tighter. "I have to go to special training classes now, sort of as punishment. Other than that, I guess I'm fine. How have you been?"

Flux
May 15th, 2008, 03:03:24 PM
"Better than you," he said with shock. What kind of a madhouse...? "How did a fight like that even get started? What the hell, honey?" He squeezed her tight again out of an urge to comfort her and started looking surreptitiously for a computer lab. He had a compulsion to post to the blog and announce his presence.

Banner Laverick
May 15th, 2008, 09:58:01 PM
"Uhhh, I started it."

She squeezed him back, a little harder than she normally would and kissed his cheek. She felt like she was going to explode - she'd missed him so much and had too much she wanted to tell him, it felt like it would all come out at once.

"I just...I don't even know. It's so frustrating here! I just was hoping maybe I'd get thrown out and then I could go back home. Not Mums' home, but like, I could get a job, and get my own place. Or something."

Flux
May 16th, 2008, 06:59:21 PM
He was torn between "She rules" and "What got into her".

"Hang on, you started a fight? And don't go trying to get yourself thrown out without any plan. It's just...it's yeah. Let's think about it. Don't need you being evicted with no place to stay." His concern was trumping his anti-Institute sentiment. He kissed her forehead and led her into a small room of computers. He led her to a computer in the row farthest from the door, where maybe they could have a chance to talk and he could internet freely.

He sat down, pulling out her chair as he did, and plugged his USB into a port on the computer. The computer rumbled as it accessed the drive, and Felix opened Firefox and found the blog was already in the browser's history. He clicked it and waited for it to load.

"I know we agreed the kids here are retarded as hell, but have you met any that think like we do? That don't wanna be here, or at least find it oppresive?"

Banner Laverick
May 16th, 2008, 09:39:45 PM
"No..."

She smiled as he kissed her forehead, but frowned a little as he led her into the computer lab. It was nearly deserted, unlike most of the school that was bustling with activity. She watched him put a USB stick into the computer, silent the entire time.

"I only have one friend here, Taya. She looks like a cat. Everyone loves it here, apparently. Everyone except me...Why? And why are you going on the blog?"

Flux
May 17th, 2008, 11:11:12 AM
"I ask because I worry, and I post because I feel rebellious and defiant," Felix said simply. He made a short, simple post, and logged out in time for the computer to helpfully tell him it had failed to read the drive. It hadn't, really; that was the cue that Tron was in fact the best computer guy in the universe. He sighed, closed the notification, unplugged the drive, and mentally reminded himself to drop in on his Brothers.

"Ok, that's done. Thanks for being patient."

Banner Laverick
May 17th, 2008, 09:50:41 PM
"Uh, no problem. I'm sorry for making you worry..."

Banner frowned. Worried, and rebellious - an odd combo. Felix seemed ANYTHING but a rebel, although, he had gotten more confident in himself since they'd started dating...She draped her arms around his shoulders, giving him a few little kisses on the mouth.

"Did you want to look around campus, or go back to my dorm room? I lucked out and don't have a roommate. I've missed our," another furious flush of red came across her face. "Alone time."

Flux
May 19th, 2008, 06:29:04 PM
"Me, too, sweetie." He stood and stretched. "I'll let you pick what we do. I'm here for you, after all."

Banner Laverick
May 19th, 2008, 07:04:48 PM
<i>"Back to my room it is!"</i> She thought with a grin. There was only so much a couple could do when they were miles apart, and she was more than anxious to get to spend time alone with Felix.

"Uh, we could hit the kitchen, grab some food and then go chill in my room for a bit. Are you hungry?"

Flux
May 20th, 2008, 09:45:52 AM
"Actually, yeah. I didn't get breakfast so I could make the bus in time, so I'm pretty hungry." He took her hand and bumped her into the walkway with his hip. "Lead on, Leadergirl."

Banner Laverick
May 20th, 2008, 10:15:54 AM
She held his hand tight, probably shocking the entire student body by ACTUALLY SMILING! It took a little longer to get to the cafeteria/communal kitchen then usual, as Banner pointed out various class rooms (and commented on each teacher and the other students in her class). Once they arrived, the staff had already started serving lunch.

She grabbed a tray and put it in Felixs' hand with a grin. "Too bad they don't have a Burger King here."

Flux
May 22nd, 2008, 04:42:49 PM
"Yeah, really."

He was aware of the attention they were getting, and couldn't help wondering if it was Banner or himself that was attracting all the looks. He flipped the tray in his hands idly and tried not to think about it too hard. The silverware was at the end of the line; Felix got their's early with a blatant show of magnetism.

"So what do they cook here? Different stuff, the same thing every day?"

Banner Laverick
May 22nd, 2008, 11:00:47 PM
She couldn't help but giggle as he got them their silverware. Once upon a time, Felix wouldnt use his powers unless he was covered from head to toe. Maybe being in Cullens meant he could cut loose?

"Some things they seem to make every day, but it's pretty different all the time. They have tots though, which kind of rules. And like, a sort of breakfast buffet type thing in the morning." She set a ceasar salad on their tray, grabbing some fruit and a couple cookies as they made their way down the line. "Get whatever you want to eat. I had breakfast, so I'm not that hungry."

Taya Robbins
May 23rd, 2008, 06:05:57 PM
Ahhh, Saturday morning. It meant no class, sleeping in, and wearing pajama bottoms to breakfast in the cafeteria.

If it were up to Taya, Saturday morning wouldn't start until Saturday afternoon. It was her one chance in the week to give her feline body the fourteen hours of sleep it demanded. But Saturday also meant basketball with Freight Train, or ultimate frisbee with the whole gang, or, recently, just about anything with Damien. Fortunately, there was a happy compromise between her social needs and her tendencies to catnap. And it was called...

"Coffee!"

Taya pushed her way through the winding line of tray-laden students waiting for their tater tots and biscuits'n'gravy and fairly sprinted to the coffee bar. Fortunately there weren't many other students at Cullen's who shared her affinity - most of them only came for the hot cocoa. She filled a cup, leaving room for three creamers and two packs of sugar, mixed the decoction together, and drank deeply.

The world was right again.

She cradled the steaming mug in her paws and turned back toward the line she'd just barged through. There was a girl there who looked strikingly familiar - except she didn't think she'd ever seen her smiling before!

"Hey, Banner!"

Taya bounced over to the girl, but, by some uncanny feat of balance, she didn't lose a single drop of coffee.

"I haven't seen you in like, forever! What's up?"

Flux
May 24th, 2008, 10:21:14 AM
Looks like a cat? Gotta be Taya. Unless there's two cat-mutants at school. Felix spun the tray idly, loading his plate with the aforementioned tots and some toast. Now that he could see that the food here wasn't that special, he was losing his appetite a bit. He nudged Banner down the line with his hip, thinking that some of the cocoa down by the coffee station would be good.

"Who's this, sweetheart?"

Banner Laverick
May 24th, 2008, 10:27:15 PM
"Toast and tots? Odd combo," Banner glanced up as Taya bounced her way over. With a smile, she nodded to Felix, then to the cat-girl.

"Taya, this is my boyfriend Felix. Felix, this is Taya. Who I told you about earlier." She reached over, grabbing a bottle of diet coke from a small cooler on the counter. "Uh, nothing much is up. Just grabbing some food and then going to chill in my room."

Taya Robbins
May 24th, 2008, 10:42:28 PM
"Awesome!"

Taya thrust an open paw in Felix's direction. "You thinking about coming here, or just visiting?"

Flux
May 25th, 2008, 08:13:32 PM
"Awesome!"

Taya thrust an open paw in Felix's direction. "You thinking about coming here, or just visiting?"Felix quickly glanced from Taya's paw, to her face, then back to the paw again. After a bit of hesitation, he seemed to decide how best to take it, and shook it as warmly as he could. After all, Taya was Banner's friend, not some regular Cullen's zombie. Tolerance was important.

"Visiting. I'm enjoying a rather comfortable life that I'd rather not give up by outing myself with this school."

Taya Robbins
May 25th, 2008, 08:39:47 PM
Outing himself?

Taya couldn't help but choke on the irony.

"Well, flying under the radar wasn't really an option for me," she said off-hand. "But if it's good for you..."

Her eyes skated briefly to Banner and back.

"I'm actually planning on going back to my old school in San Mateo after the summer. Testing the waters. I think so, anyway."

Banner Laverick
May 26th, 2008, 03:59:02 PM
"Gee, Felix, you just totally made mutants powers sound like announcing your sexual orientation. I guess they kinda are the same..."

Banner frowned a bit, then forced a half-hearted smile on her lips. He was being weird today, but she didn't want to say anything in front of Taya. Especially after she'd basically stuck Felix up on a pedestal EVERY time she talked about him.

"I mean, you could go home and tell your parents, "Hey Mum and Dad, I'm a mutant, and my girlfriend (who's awesome and the hawtness) is one too! We're crime-fighters!"

Flux
May 26th, 2008, 09:00:42 PM
Felix shrugged.

"According to a lot of muh, uh, humans, both of homosexuality and mutantcy are obscene and wrong. So yes, it is kinda like that," he mumbled through Banner's talk. Then, louder, "If my parents found out, they'd throw me out. Mom's afraid of mutants and my dad hates them, so I'd be out on the streets in no time."

Taya Robbins
May 26th, 2008, 09:57:51 PM
Taya wasn't sure if she was meant to hear the first part, but with her huge, tufted ears, she couldn't miss it. Felix seemed awfully angry about something - but then, if her parents hated mutants, she probably would be, too. Her ears sank in empathy.

"I'm sorry... that must be awful."

Taya realized the conversation was quickly becoming a downer, and she scrambled to find a new tack to take.

"Hey, I guess you've probably seen Banner's blog? That was, like, a humongous help for me, getting some other people's perspectives. Of course, there were also a few psychos, like that Technofreak guy. Guess it takes all kinds, huh?"

Banner Laverick
May 26th, 2008, 11:39:06 PM
"Yeah, but we could have our own life, you goober." She wrapped an arm around his waist, resting her head on his shoulder, listening to Taya.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, Taya, as long as they don't go out and hurt people. I mean, it's just words on a screen. I bet Technofreak is some dork with horn-rimmed glasses living in his mums basement."

Flux
May 27th, 2008, 07:22:03 PM
Felix shrugged at Banner and filled a mug with cocoa. He was trying to clamp down and not say something spiteful; it'd be bad to snap at Banner, and probably a little worse to back-sass Taya. She may not be Felix's expectation, but there's nothing stopping her from getting a hold of one of the faculty that could force interrogations on people.

"You're gonna lose that bet," he commented off-handedly. Mission failed. At least he'd kept the heat out of his voice.

Taya Robbins
May 28th, 2008, 01:01:39 PM
Taya's ears twitched - it seemed she'd hit a wrong note with Felix, and she really hadn't meant to. This was Banner's boyfriend, after all.

She took a sympathetic backwards step. "Well... I guess you two have probably got plans. Let me know if you want to do something later, Banner... it was nice meeting you, Felix!"

Taya turned around to find some food and hide the slight blush glowing in her ears.

Banner Laverick
May 28th, 2008, 01:57:50 PM
"Uh, see ya later."

If she didn't have her hands full, her arms would be folded over her chest as she turned her attention back to Felix.

"What crawled up your butt this morning? How would you know what Technofreak is like anyway..." She clamped her hands a bit too tightly on the edge of tray, leaving finger-tip shaped indents. "Don't tell me you believe all that stuff he was spouting?"

Flux
May 28th, 2008, 04:29:50 PM
Felix didn't have a chance to answer Taya before Banner had started in on him. He glanced in the cat girl's direction as they sat down; she seemed okay, so he stopped worrying about the impression he made on her.

"I've talked to the guy outside the blog," he said. "He's not psycho. Like, he doesn't wanna commit mass-murder or paint on walls in mun--human blood. He just has a different worldview that says mutants are better than regular people. That's all."

Really that wasn't quite all, but why aggravate her more?

Banner Laverick
May 28th, 2008, 04:40:19 PM
"Sure."

Banner kept her focus on the salad in front of her, picking through it with her fork.

"I'm sorry, I'm just stressing. It's hard you know, being stuck here. I guess I just feel like I'm losing touch with everyone. Especially you. I've missed you a whole lot."

Flux
Jun 1st, 2008, 08:01:06 AM
"Hey, s'okay. I've missed you, too. He speared five tots on his fork and stripped them off of it with his teeth. There was a bit of silence as they ate. Felix didn't speak again until he'd cleared his plate; he was too busy trying to think of what exactly they were gonna talk about next.

"Life at home's been pretty boring. Freddy visited, but other than that, not much to report, really. Mom's talking about getting puppy."

Banner Laverick
Jun 1st, 2008, 09:02:10 AM
"Mmm," Banner finished her last mouthful, washing it down with a gulp of pop. She smiled, reaching over and grabbing his hand.

"Life here hasn't been that exciting. Except for the big fight thing...It's just like, everything outside of here is passing me by. Sometimes I worry you're going to meet someone else and totally bail on me."

Flux
Jun 3rd, 2008, 07:02:39 PM
Felix scoffed. "Yeah right. Mund--" He stopped, sighed aggravatedly, and very carefully made himself say the right words. "Reg-u-lar-girls..." He paused, as if considering the phrase, then continued. "They're not into me, and I'm not into them. And the universe isn't exactly forthcoming with girls that trump you. You're fine. Worry less."

Banner Laverick
Jun 3rd, 2008, 07:28:07 PM
"I'll try."

She leaned across the table, planting a soft kiss on his lips. "You're so cute. I missed spending time with you, even just-hanging-out time. It's nice that we at least get to see each other, you know?"

Flux
Jun 6th, 2008, 08:44:32 PM
"I'm so sick of my regular crowd I could just die," Felix said, with maybe a little more aggravation than he meant to show. His regular friends...they just didn't cut it, not since he'd met his Brothers and Banner. Listening to them talk about mutantcy made him want to laugh and cry and treat them like infants and beat them to death all at once. "This is just fantastic. I needed this real bad." He pushed his plate aside, took her hands, and looked her in the eye. "So what now?"

Banner Laverick
Jun 7th, 2008, 09:51:51 PM
Another lean across the table, and another kiss, this one more passionate than the last one. Banner gave him a shy little grin. "Soooo, now, I think we go to my dorm room and spend some quality time together."

Flux
Jun 8th, 2008, 11:36:47 AM
He felt his face warm up as he stood and gathered their used dishes. "Ok. Show me where to put these and we'll go."

Banner Laverick
Jun 8th, 2008, 10:28:37 PM
Banner was half-skipping, half dragging Felix with her through the hallways of Cullens, stopping every now and then to plant kisses on his lips. Sure, there were whispers and one shocked gasp as they made their way to her dorm, but she didn't give a damn what anyone thought now. Banner pushed open her door with her hip, drawing him into the room, laughing.

"You realise, we're going to be the talk of the school. Moody Banner and her mysterious visitor!"

Flux
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:05:38 AM
"What exactly were they doing alone in her room?" Felix continued, closing the door with his foot and locking it with magnetism. "Are they up to shenanigans? Could they be making hanky-panky? Or are they just lying on her bed, watching TV and wishing like hell this place didn't just plain suck?"

Banner Laverick
Jun 11th, 2008, 11:18:17 AM
"A little of everything!"

She flopped on her bed, laughing, pulling him down with her. Banner brushed his hair out of his eyes gently, kissing his forehead.

"I don't care what they think. None of them are my friends, they aren't important."

Flux
Jun 12th, 2008, 04:07:29 PM
"Damn straight," Felix said, settling on his back and pulling her to lie with her head on his chest. He stared blankly at the ceiling as his mind flew off down that trail of thought. Not important. Heh. Lots of people and things aren't that important, but she'd made a fuss when he and Tron had said that about the mundanes.

"Yeah," he said aimlessly.

Banner Laverick
Jun 12th, 2008, 09:44:35 PM
"Yeah what?" She looked up at him, brows raised slightly. Felix had drifted off into space, while Banner stared at his chin, walking her fingers from his palm, up his arm to his shoulder. He didn't even notice.

"You've been acting weird, what's going on?"

Flux
Jun 13th, 2008, 05:26:22 PM
"Huh?" he mumbled, snapping out of it and kissing her forehead. "What was it you said, sweetie?" He settled one hand on hers, belatedly realizing it had moved. "Was I napped out?"

Banner Laverick
Jun 14th, 2008, 01:42:56 AM
"I said, what's wrong with you? You're acting like a space case, and you were totally weird in the lunch room. Tell me what's up, please?"

She'd moved up on the bed, resting her head next to his on a pillow, a frown on her face. He was acting super weird - well, weirder than normal Felix, which wasn't so much weird as just adorably geeked out...Banner sighed, snuggling in close to him. "Is it me? Is it because I'm here and not out there with you? Cos you know I dont want to be here, right?"

Flux
Jun 14th, 2008, 08:50:52 AM
"It's not you," he said truthfully, resting his forehead against her's. "It's here. I've heard some about the institute, what the faculty can do with their powers and all, and I"m worried about you. One of them can force you to speak the truth, and another can read your entire mind just by touching you. Then I'm sure we've got crazies with combat powers, and none of these people have the slightest interest in your safety, happiness, or well-being." He sighed. "I feel like you're in danger, and I'm not going to be able to be here and help."

Banner Laverick
Jun 14th, 2008, 10:19:32 AM
He could hear her suck in a deep breath, see her lower lip tremble. Banner shut her eyes and squeezed him tighter. Her voice cracked when she finally spoke, trying not to cry about this for millionth time.

"I don't even know what to say...I don't know what to do, Felix. I honestly don't. You know how I said I have to take special classes? The teacher, Mr Rhee, he doesn't seem like he would do anything to hurt anyone. He told me about mutants who want to rule over everything...Like, how it's a dangerous time for EVERYONE, not just us. He said he'd help me learn to use my powers, to be a better hero."

She frowned, burying her head into his chest. "I don't want to lose you though, not over something stupid like this place."

Flux
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:14:12 AM
"Rhee, huh? And who exactly does he say wants to rule everything?" He gently patted her back, shutting his eyes with a heavy sigh. "And for the love of everything, you are not going to lose me to this place. I've said it a hundred times, so please stop worrying about that. Tell me about this guy who told you this crap."

Banner Laverick
Jun 16th, 2008, 11:25:32 AM
"He's a teacher here. He seems really nice. He didn't give specifics, but..."
Her voice was muffled by his hoodie. "He said there are mutants who think they're better than humans, they want to wipe them out. That's not right; how can people think like that? Our parents are human, that doesn't make them bad."

Flux
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:46:37 AM
"No, it does not, but I'm sure there are a few people out there who got a less-than-warm reaction from their parents and friends about their mutations who haven't had very constructive ways to deal with it, and are just saying that out of anger. Nobody's going to try and wipe out people. I think your guy is just over-reacting to the over-reactions of these other mutants."

Banner Laverick
Jun 17th, 2008, 11:26:14 AM
"Maybe."

They lay there in silence, Banner still snuggled tightly beside him. Finally she lifted her head, looking at him with an embarassed frown.

"I'm sorry, I'm being such a bummer. This is supposed to be our time to have fun, not talk about mutant politics." She leaned up and kissed him, resting a hand on his cheek. "I'll try to worry less, okay?"

Flux
Jun 17th, 2008, 07:57:14 PM
"It's okay. I don't care what we do, I'm content." He sighed and scratched her head. "Worry less...just relax...steady, as she goes."

Banner Laverick
Jun 17th, 2008, 09:18:30 PM
"Heh, like that song."

Her fingers traced down his cheek, his chest, then lower. She managed to pull the stuff out of his hoodie pocket, setting them on her nightstand. Banner grinned at him as she saw the mask she had made him.

"Hey, I have your costume almost done. At least I've gotten lots of sewing done while I'm here. You should try it on!"

She hopped out of bed, rummaging in the dresser. Her newer American Girl costume was tossed on the floor, along with other odds and ends of grey and red spandex. A tunic and matching pants were tossed onto his lap. Banner climbed back onto the bed, sitting crossed legged beside him.

"I know it's kinda tight, and I couldn't figure out how to put metal in the actual suit, but maybe we could work on that together. I still need to make you some sock/shoe things."

Flux
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:03:20 AM
He was impressed that she'd thought of the Raconteurs, even though he hadn't been thinking of the song when he'd said that. He held up the outfit and looked at it as she talked.

"Well, I've got my metal," he said, shaking his arms so his sleeves slid down and revealed his metal bracers. "I can wear 'em under or over the costume without much issue, and the hardware store can make paint the color of the suit so they won't look TOO out of place." He smiled at her. "Thanks. Should I try it on?"

Banner Laverick
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:08:03 AM
"Of course!"

She was practically bouncing up and down on the bed when she thought of something. Something that made her face turn a deep shade of red as she pointed to a closed door on the left side of the room.

"The bathroom is right there. Heh."

Flux
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:12:32 AM
"Meh." Felix stood and yanked his hoodie and shirt off over his head at one go, tossing them onto the bed next to Banner. The top part of the costume wasn't playing nice with his bands, so he took them off too and pulled it on, then put his bands back over the material. It DID fit a little tight, but he wasn't concerned with it. He took a deep breath, dropped the rest of his clothes, and then just tried to concentrate on balancing as he wrestled with the costume's pants. Once he was done, he put the mask on turned to Banner.

"How's it look?"

Banner Laverick
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:15:16 AM
"Nice."

Her voice was an embarrassed squeak, from actually seeing her boyfriend below the waist naked and trying not to laugh as he hopped around pulling on the pants of his costume. Her face was still as hot as a million suns as she smiled up at him.

"Very sexy too."

Flux
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:18:52 AM
"Oh really?"

It was getting hard to resist posturing to bleed out his nervousness. He couldn't tell if her voice was small because she didn't wanna laugh or if the comments about his appearance were true. He managed to spot her mirror and went to stand in front of it. Except for his bare hands and sockfeet, he looked fairly heroic. Just a little more muscle and he'd be good to go.

Banner Laverick
Jun 18th, 2008, 11:24:36 AM
"Mmmhmmm."

Her hands slid around his stomach, her head resting on his shoulder. Banner smiled at their reflection. It was like something out of a comic book - heck, most of their relationship seemed to come straight from Marvel. They were Westchesters very own Pete and MJ.

"You look great, babe. I'm glad you like the costume." She leaned up and kissed his masked cheek. "You look like a real hero now."

Flux
Jun 20th, 2008, 03:23:54 PM
Like a real hero. He smiled under the mask; he loved the sound of that.

"Thanks" He pulled off the mask and nuzzled her neck. "You did good. Thanks for making me this."

Banner Laverick
Jun 20th, 2008, 09:50:43 PM
"You're welcome."

She "mm'ed" at his nuzzling, pulling him close. Banner gave him a shy little smile and a kiss.

"You know...you'd look just as good without the costume on."

Flux
Jun 21st, 2008, 08:55:10 AM
"Hm...nah, I think I wanna wear it a little bit longer," he replied, with a tone full of mischief and a grin to match it. "I only just got it on! I won't be heroic any more if I take it off." He backed up towards her bed and sat down, cocking an eyebrow as if to say "So now what'cha gonna do, Ms. Laverick?"

Banner Laverick
Jun 21st, 2008, 10:40:11 AM
As soon as his bum hit the bed, Banner had him pushed back against it, straddling his waist. She walked her fingers slowly down his chest, stopping at his waistband with a grin.

"Well, I guess you can wear it for a little bit longer, but it won't be as much fun with all our clothes on."

Flux
Jun 23rd, 2008, 11:07:28 AM
"Best to start slow," he retorted, sitting up against the headboard and pulling her to him. It was nearly an hour before they'd decided they'd done all they could do for a single visit, and another hour and a half after that before Felix woke up from the nap they'd sort of accidentally fallen into. She was still knocked out, leaning against him and shivering a little from the air conditioner. He pulled her blanket up to her chin and sighed at the ceiling.

"Hate this place so much," he whispered to it.

Banner Laverick
Jun 23rd, 2008, 03:33:30 PM
Banner opened one eye, squinting at the alarm clock on the nightstand. With a mumble, she snuggled in closer to Felix, kissing his chest.

"Wah?"

Flux
Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:22:05 PM
He winced as she stirred; he hadn't meant to wake her.

"Shh. It's nothing. Go back to sleep, sweetheart."

He rubbed her back to try and ease her away from wakefulness, wishing like hell he'd said something more positive. I love you would've been a fantastic alternative, if only he could focus more on how awesome she's been for him, rather than how horrible he thought this place would be for her. For a brief moment, he considered having her take him to meet a faculty member, to at least get the inside scoop on what one of them was like, but dismissed the thought entirely as he checked his watch. Two hours til his bus home, and he didn't wanna spend it interviewing a vampire.

Banner Laverick
Jun 23rd, 2008, 08:29:22 PM
"We're gonna end up sleepin' the rest of your time away." Banner smiled as he rubbed her back, leaning up to kiss him deeply on the lips. She sat up a little bit, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"I wish you didn't have to go home."

Flux
Jun 25th, 2008, 11:12:20 AM
"Yeah, well," he muttered. He sat up, too, hunching over and letting his limbs go where they liked. He sat there for a few moments, mind processing his surroundings and his sorely limited options for stuff to do with a girlfriend on campus, then tilted his head to look at her. "Anything you need to do today?"

Banner Laverick
Jun 25th, 2008, 11:22:50 AM
"Ugh, class with Mr Rhee. In like...20 minutes."

She slipped off the edge of the bed, tip-toeing through the pile of discarded costume and clothes to her dresser. She glanced at him over her shoulder as she pulled out a free set of clothes (t-shirt, shorts, etc).

"We could take a shower, and then you could come with me to class. It shouldn't take too long."

Flux
Jun 30th, 2008, 11:13:55 AM
"Wait, you have a class today? Why didn't you tell me?"

For the love of everything, Saturday class? And in 20 minutes? Lucky for her he'd woken her up. Unlucky for him, he's gonna be solo for the last hour or so of their visit.

"What class?"

Banner Laverick
Jun 30th, 2008, 03:45:26 PM
"I didn't tell you cos I was excited to see you and forgot," she grabbed a towel, wrapping it around herself. "And it's just extra training with Mr Rhee, nothing big. You can come and meet him, and see what I'm learning."

Flux
Jul 1st, 2008, 06:51:15 PM
"Okay, I guess."

He hesitated over her heading toward the shower, and finally decided to just settle himself back on the bed again.

"Enjoy your shower, I'll be waiting here."

Banner Laverick
Jul 1st, 2008, 08:03:44 PM
"Okay."

He could hear her singing to herself in the shower, muffled by the sound of the running water. About fifteen mintues later, a squeaky clean Banner emerged, dressed and toweling her hair.

Flux
Jul 11th, 2008, 07:54:11 PM
Felix had taken the moment to get himself ready to go back out into the Institute, gathering up his stuff and getting himself "presentable". He looked up as she came out, as ready to go as he was.

"Okay, so classtime now. It's a powers class?" He took her hand and led her to her desk chair, sitting her down and kneeling on the floor in front of her. He picked up her shoes from nearby and started to put them on her, tying them as she finished drying her hair. "Think I'll get to chip in, or do I get to be your cheerleader?"

Banner Laverick
Jul 11th, 2008, 08:17:08 PM
"I don't think I've told Mr Rhee about you being a mutant." She mumbled underneath the towel, a grin firmly fixed to her face as he tied up her shoes. The towel got tossed across the bed as she stood up, helping him to his feet and pulling him into a tight embrace.

"I wasn't sure if you wanted anyone to know if you were a mutant or not. I don't see why you can't maybe join in for a little bit. There won't be any cars to toss around though."

Flux
Jul 13th, 2008, 02:37:11 PM
He hugged her back and then followed her off towards the room where her class was meeting.

"I'm pretty sure everybody here knows I'm a mutant by now. If the rumor mill here goes as fast as it does at normal school, they all probably know I'm magnetic, or think I'm telekinetic." He shrugged. "I don't care. We'll see what the teacher says."

Banner Laverick
Jul 13th, 2008, 04:00:03 PM
"Maybe."

It was a short walk to the training rooms. Mr Rhee was no-where to be seen, so Banner lead Felix into the empty room. It was like a squash court, only bigger. Designed to withstand whatever mutant powers were used in it. She gave Felix a wink.

"Not as awesome as the junkyard, but it works. I've only had a couple of these classes, and I guess they're pretty fun."

Dragon
Jul 13th, 2008, 08:33:31 PM
Professor Rhee liked to leave himself at least five minutes' lead time before any classroom appointment, but he'd found that window disappearing on a regular basis ever since Ridley had so unexpectedly entered his life. Somehow his son had a way of defying schedules no matter how carefully John planned them, and he always ended up chasing that window of buffer time throughout the whole day. Not that John begrudged the time he spent with his son, far from it. He just hadn't quite figured out how to figure an eight-year-old boy into his regimented lifestyle.

He was just barely on time for his session with Banner, and he swept into the practice room in his white gi ready to get straight to business. "Hello there, Banner, I hope you're ready to - oh."

He diverted himself midstream when he saw Felix. "Hello. I don't believe I've seen you before. I'm Professor John Rhee." He extended a hand to the boy but glanced questioningly toward Banner.

Flux
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:02:57 PM
"Ma--Felix," he replied as he shook Rhee's hand. He looked the professor right in the eye, and tried to convey confidence with his posture. He felt it was very important that this guy not get the impression that he was weak. Also, he made one of his many mental notes to not toss around his alias. "I'm Banner's boyfriend, I'm visiting for the day. Mind if I sit in?"

Banner Laverick
Jul 15th, 2008, 03:08:41 PM
Banner couldn't help but grin, taking Felixs hand.

"He's a mutant, so he knows about my powers and stuff. I'd really like if he could see some of what I'm learning here at Cullens. If that's alright..."

Dragon
Jul 20th, 2008, 10:40:56 PM
This little change of plans was enough to make John feel somewhat off-balance. He had no qualms about visitors sitting in on his classes, but private lessons were something else entirely. It unavoidably changed the atmosphere of one-on-one teaching he worked so conscientiously to cultivate.

"Well... he'd probably be better off coming to a Mutation Development class or one of the group activities," he said. "I don't usually make a practice of opening individual sessions to visitors."

Banner's smile took on a frosty glaze, and he quickly realized that throwing Felix out would almost certainly be more disruptive to their lesson than letting him stay. "Though," he said hesitantly, "I suppose if he's only here for the day... As long as it won't be a distraction for you."

Flux
Jul 21st, 2008, 04:51:32 PM
"Dude, I'll just sit in the corner," he said. "No interference." He backed to the wall and slid down it to sit. "Give him hell, sweetheart," he called to Banner, pulling out his headphones and spinning them around by the cable.

Banner Laverick
Jul 21st, 2008, 05:31:10 PM
"It won't be." Her grin returned, just as bright as ever as she looked over her shoulder at Felix. She turned her attention to Mr Rhee, ready to start their lesson.

"So what are we doing today?"

Dragon
Jul 22nd, 2008, 10:51:26 AM
"First things first," John replied. "Have you done your stretches like I asked you to?"

He'd run her through a sequence of stretches at the beginning of the first few sessions, enough to make sure she had them memorized. At the end of their last session, he'd asked her stretch before coming to save that five-to-ten minutes of practice time.

Banner Laverick
Jul 22nd, 2008, 11:01:46 AM
"Er, yes. I did some kind of...stretching sort of stuff before coming here."

Through some absolute miracle, she didn't turn bright red. Her grin lost some of its cheekiness though.

"I mean, I'm warmed up. And stuff. Yes."

Dragon
Jul 22nd, 2008, 11:57:05 AM
John opened his mouth, paused, and decided he didn't need any more details at present.

"Very well. Then let's start by going through your katas again. One through twelve."

He placed Banner in the center of the room and observed as she performed the litany of forms, high and low blocks, and light strikes he'd taught her so far. He circled her with an appraising eye, adjusting her posture here, correcting her footwork there, nodding appreciatively at the few she'd already mastered. But when she reached the tenth kata, he stopped her.

"Too slow," he said, and he stepped forward to hold her in mid-turn. "Look at your feet. They're angled wrong and they're too close together. A little push will throw you off-balance."

To demonstrate, John pulled her off-center, and she stumbled backwards. She would have hit the floor if he wasn't still holding her.

"Once more," he ordered. "Wider stance, and keep your feet moving."

Flux
Jul 23rd, 2008, 06:57:25 PM
Felix scrunched up his face and deadpanned a Keanu Reeves impression to himself.

"She knows kung fu."

He smirked as he watched her; she was doing pretty good, if Ryu's reactions were any indicator, and however good she was doing, he's sure it's far more than a slave-driving Cullen's teacher would expect. The smirk was wiped clean as he stepped in to lecture her, and there was no stopping his face from showing his displeasure. What a punk.

Banner Laverick
Jul 23rd, 2008, 11:23:27 PM
Banner blew out her breath in a loud sigh, something Mr Rhee was no doubt getting used to. She caught Felix making a face and stiffled a laugh.

Going back to her original position, she began the kata again. Again making the same mistakes; not moving her feet enough, not keeping a wider stance. A look of frustration crossed her face.

"I can't get that one."

Dragon
Jul 26th, 2008, 11:44:43 PM
"Well, you're going to have to," John replied candidly. "Otherwise, I'm afraid you're going to be falling an awful lot today."

He turned and put a few paces' distance between himself and Banner, pointedly avoiding Felix's eyes as he did so - as far as he was concerned, the boy was not in the room at all. "The reason we've been drilling these basic forms is to etch them into your muscle memory. Once there, you don't have to think about posture and footwork and what to do with your hands. You need only think of the kata itself, and your body will respond by reflex."

John faced his student, hands clasped behind his back. "Each kata I have taught you is unique - each one has its own position of strength, its own angles of attack, different offensive and defensive possibilities. In time you will be able to chain them together, and recognize which ones will serve you best at any moment in combat. But before you get there, you need to face resistance. For our next exercise, I will attack, and you will defend. Before each attack, I will call out the number of the kata which will be your best counter. Are you ready?"

With a nod from Banner, John assumed a more aggressive posture and said, "One!" Then he stepped forward and aimed an open-palm strike at Banner's abdomen.

Flux
Jul 27th, 2008, 11:00:20 AM
Felix knew that Rhee couldn't hurt Banner. He'd smashed her between three cars before and the best he'd done was to give her some mild discomfort from the pressure. Still, it didn't stop his heartrate from increasing as he struck at her. He forced himself to slouch against the wall, mentally reminding himself that it's only a training exercise. She's in no real danger.

Banner Laverick
Jul 27th, 2008, 02:09:55 PM
With a nod from Banner, John assumed a more aggressive posture and said, "One!" Then he stepped forward and aimed an open-palm strike at Banner's abdomen.

One. Okay, she knew that kata by heart. Her body moved into position, blocking the strike before shifting back to a neutral defensive pose. This continued for several more katas, until she slipped up, getting her legs swept out from under her.

She landed hard, staying on her back for a good long minute to catch her breath.

Dragon
Jul 27th, 2008, 04:43:54 PM
"Are you all right?"

It was largely a rhetorical question. John knew what injury looked like, and Banner wasn't in pain.

He stooped to offer her a lift up. He would have let her take a sip of water, too, but he'd noted that she'd neglected once again to bring a water bottle. He'd let her drink from the extra he'd packed after the set.

"Let's continue. Six."

Banner recovered her form admirably and turned aside a blow aimed for her solar plexus, then a sweeping kick at the level of her knees. John left her little time in between attacks to consciously remember her forms, but she was compensating quite well under the pressure.

Until, of course, they returned to number ten.

He approached from behind so she'd have to turn to counter him. But once again, her feet didn't keep up, and John easily threw off her block and flipped her to the mat.

Banner Laverick
Jul 27th, 2008, 07:19:03 PM
"I. Hate. Number. Ten!!"

Each word was punctuated with a floor shaking punch of frustration. Her cheeks flushed with embarassment and anger as she got to her feet, cursing under her breath. The mat had perfect imprints of her fists now.

"Why can't I get it? This is stupid!"

Flux
Aug 1st, 2008, 07:37:53 AM
Felix stood up, torn between staying out of Rhee's way and keeping Banner out of (more) trouble, or going over to reassure her. His fingers flexed into fists and back out again as he tried to decide, so he settled for a compromise.

"C'mon, you can do it," he called. He was ready to see her knock him over.

Dragon
Aug 3rd, 2008, 02:53:42 PM
John was not inclined to be sympathetic with Banner's displays of frustration. The pad could take the abuse, but most things in the world couldn't. He stooped to help her to her feet once more.

He wasn't certain why she was having so much difficulty. Perhaps her boyfriend's presence was distracting her more than she'd let on. Until John was sure, he decided all the more resolutely to ignore the boy.

"You were too slow before, but now you're trying to rush it. You're making it too complex. Watch my feet."

He executed the kata himself. It was a three-step turning maneuver designed to quickly confront an enemy attacking from behind. It was far more about balance and timing than brute strength - perhaps that was where Banner's difficulty lay.

"Now, I want you to take it slow, just to get the footwork. But, you realize, the balance only works at full speed. Step..."

He guided her through like a dance instructor with an almost agonizing slowness. And then he made her do it again. And again.

"Now. Full speed. And be ready to counter."

She wasn't.

Banner Laverick
Aug 3rd, 2008, 07:38:15 PM
Her rump hit the mats again, and again. And again. Whatever she tried, her feet simply wouldn't move fast enough. Banner racked her brain trying to think of a way to complete the move when it dawned on her.

They began the kata from the beginning, only this time, Banner floated. Just enough to get herself turned in time to block. A grin finally appeared on her face.

"Ha, there! I did it!"

Flux
Aug 4th, 2008, 07:53:57 PM
Felix made a victorious gesture, biting his lip as he grinned to keep himself from being too much of a disruption. He sat back down, feeling appeased now that she'd completed the move successfully, and with her powers no less. He definitely approved of that; the point of this was that she do more with her powers, after all.

Dragon
Aug 4th, 2008, 09:18:33 PM
John nearly went off-balance himself - Banner's block had come from an angle he wasn't expecting, one that shouldn't even be possible. He stumbled past her, recovered, and took a sidestep to face her.

"I'll give you points for creativity," he said. "But that isn't the goal of this exercise. Let's try again."

Banner Laverick
Aug 4th, 2008, 09:54:06 PM
"Isn't this class supposed to be about learning to use my powers? Flight is one of my powers, and if I can't use it in a fight, then what's the point?"

She put her hands on her hips, glancing back at Felix with a smirk. At least HE thought she was doing awesome.

Flux
Aug 7th, 2008, 03:09:38 PM
Felix was still grinning, nodding his approval and keeping his word to Rhee that he'd stay shut up. He looked at the professor as Banner posed the question. His expression stated clearly: "Yeah, isn't this a powers class?"

Dragon
Aug 7th, 2008, 11:54:46 PM
"But this class isn't just about mastering your powers," John replied. "It's about learning self-defense technique. I chose these katas for a reason - they're the building blocks we'll be working with the rest of the semester. We'll be addressing combat in flight later on, but I want to see you master the basics on the ground first."

Banner Laverick
Aug 8th, 2008, 09:50:04 AM
"But I can't get that one on the ground, so why can't I just fly? If I was using this in the "real"" Banner threw up some air quotes, her voice taking on an angry tone. "World, I would be flying all over the place. It's easier to do that oneif I just, you know...use the gifts God gave me!"

Flux
Aug 13th, 2008, 07:08:09 PM
Felix couldn't help but agree, and also couldn't stop himself from saying so.

"Isn't that the point of this being a powers class? Would you stop me from using mine if I were taking it instead?"

Felix sounded a little incredulous; after all, here's a mutant class in a mutant school and the student was being discouraged from using her powers. Sounded pretty dumb from Felix's spot on the wall.

Dragon
Aug 19th, 2008, 01:15:48 PM
John turned toward Felix with such an air of unyielding patience that he might as well have been arguing against a mountainside.

"If you were taking a course in basic self-defense, yes. Because there are times when it may be impossible or inappropriate to use your gifts. Because, in Banner's case, there may come a time she must face an opponent without adequate room to fly. And because," he continued, calmly rounding back toward Banner, "the entire point of this kata is to repel an attack from behind while maintaining a solid footing on the ground. Which, by taking to the air, you have just given up. When you fly, you give up leverage for mobility. They are not interchangeable."

Banner Laverick
Aug 19th, 2008, 06:07:45 PM
"Yeah, but if I can't fly, I can just whomp on them."

Banner smacked a fist into her palm for emphasis, a frown firmly in place on her face.

"Unless they have like, guns or something, I can handle them. You know that I can't be hurt that easily, Mr Rhee. And if I'm mobile, they can't hit me either."

Flux
Aug 22nd, 2008, 05:48:50 PM
"Even if they have guns, I'm not sure they'd hurt you," Felix said, voicing a sudden thought without meaning to. "Wish we coulda tested it somehow when we were doing our thing out in the scrap yard."

Dragon
Aug 26th, 2008, 06:37:24 PM
"It's not a matter for argument," John replied crisply, and he aimed a cautionary look at Felix. "Banner, as I have told you before, this class is as much about placing limits on your powers as expanding them. You cannot trust to brute force simply because, in most cases, brute force would be excessive force. Restraint is the highest form of mastery."

He glanced at the clock mounted in the wall behind a plate of plexiglass and frowned. Their time had sped by far too fast.

"We will continue this exercise next week," he said. "Banner, I want you to continue to practice all your kata, with a particular emphasis on kata number ten. Felix, I hope you enjoy the rest of your visit. Perhaps you could join us for a Mutation Development class sometime. It's far more open to participation."

He bowed to Banner and had to clear his throat to remind her to do the same, then gathered up his duffel, shook Felix's hand, and left.

Banner Laverick
Aug 27th, 2008, 06:54:26 PM
Banner watched Mr Rhee walk out of the room after her sloppy bow. She turned to Felix with a heavy sigh, rolling her eyes.

"Damnit. I'm going to get my butt whupped next class."

She used the hem of her shirt to wipe her face. "I think we had a good point though...what's the point of having powers if you don't use them? Right?"

Flux
Aug 31st, 2008, 04:46:52 PM
"For real. There's no sense in holding yourself down to a "normal" level. You're better for a reason," Felix said contemptuously. "You should be able to be better all the time no matter what. If people wanna take issue with that, then that's their problem, not yours, and they deserve whatever you give them."

Banner Laverick
Sep 1st, 2008, 11:13:59 PM
She raised a brow at the tone of his voice, but shrugged it off. She was just as annoyed with how the class had progressed as he was, it seemed.

"Maybe. I'd hope I wouldn't have to resort to that."

Banner closed the space between them, wrapping her arms around his waist and pulling him into a tight hug.

"I mean, we're all mutants here. We should just use our powers whenever, and not worry about. It's just who we are."

Flux
Sep 3rd, 2008, 09:00:13 AM
"Yeah," he said distantly. He was half-tempted to go make a show of power in the lobby, just to see if they could stop him, but...no need to get Banner in trouble. He'd have his chance. He walked with her back to the school's entrance, taking their time and winding around the long way, until at last they were standing on the front steps.

"Bus'll be here soon," he said, sitting down to wait out the next few minutes with her. "Gonna miss you, sweetie."

Banner Laverick
Sep 3rd, 2008, 12:01:34 PM
"Yeah."

Banner sat next to him, snuggling up against him and resting her head on his shoulder. She kissed his cheek.

"I wish I could go with you, or that you didn't have to go. It's like I've hardly gotten to see you at all, and now you're leaving."

Flux
Sep 10th, 2008, 08:34:27 AM
"Is otay," Felix said, standing and pulling her to her feet. He hugged her tight, gave her a long, heartfelt kiss, and stepped back to look her in the eye. "Hang in there, sweetie. You won't have to put up with this for much longer." He squeezed her hand and smiled as he walked down the steps. "See ya."

Felix walked quickly, breaking to a jog, to a run, and then leapt at the gate, magnetizing himself to it's top to spring over and land on the sidewalk beyond. A minute later the bus arrived, Felix stepped on, and the pair were separate again.