PDA

View Full Version : You should live here!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2008, 02:41:12 PM
Found a great online quiz to find out where in the US you should live!

Take the quiz! (http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_57538,00.html)

Mine turned out to be AUSTIN, TEXAS

Because you value work life and after-hours entertainment, you should live here: Austin, Texas. Austin has been named one of the "Best Places for Business and Career," with residents including professors, politicians, musicians and those who work for major technology corporations. But Austin is about work and play. The city has more live music venues per capita than any other city, earning it the slogan "The Live Music Capital of the World." According to studies at University of Texas, Sixth Street is the place to find nighttime amusements for graduates of all ages with hopping bars and rocking bands. The city's work/life balance and warm climate makes Austin a great place to raise a family. The Colorado River runs through Austin, giving reprieve to hot summers. The surrounding hill country is a great place to play during the mild winters.

So, where should you move to? :p

Karl Valten
Apr 30th, 2008, 03:17:59 PM
Burlington, Vermont O_o

Okay not really interested, but what the heck, I'll play along.

For a life focused on home and quality of life with a breathtaking backdrop, you should live here: Burlington, Vermont. Burlington is an ideal big-city alternative. Atop a hill overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains, Burlington's classic New England charm has attracted a collegiate energy, thriving art culture, coffee houses and world-class food. Small businesses have become big businesses for some of its entrepreneurs. The town maintains its educational traditional with four college campuses and a sophisticated, old university feel. Burlington's year-round outdoor recreation is one reason why the city has been named one of the healthiest cities in the country. The town's vitality and standard of living earn it the recognition of being family friendly.

CMJ
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:52:49 PM
I got Chicago.

I said warm weather was the most important thing, so obviously they screwed up. No way in hell would I move there. :lol

Cat X
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:59:12 PM
The alert tools I have started to scream as soon as I touched that site. Approach with caution. Or Internet tested condoms.

Edit : And in fact more often than not you should be treating any TAKE THIS QUIZ site with extreme suspicion. Especially after one of those sites took out a PC yesterday and I wasted my day fixing. This is becoming a hell of a lot more common. So frankly if I get all narky I've got damn good reason in that I am sick and tired of cleaning up rubbish. The less anyone does these quizzes, the better my life gets because I'd rather be in server rooms than in user offices explaining about how spyware gets on their machines and how it can beat firewalls

Oh and dont get me started on social networking site add on applications. These are bringing up all sorts of new and wonderful ways to trash PC's. Do you like your personal details swiped? Then please, add "OMG PONIESSSSS" application on FaceSpace. And then let 10 of it's mates called dfthek.dll come onto your PC and trash it.

:: slams head on desk ::

Crap, not again. That knock on the server room door sounds onimous.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2008, 06:16:00 PM
This isn't a TAKE THIS QUIZ site, its the HGTV website.

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 30th, 2008, 06:29:57 PM
I got Miami FL! :lol Hey Fewdy? Wanna roommate :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:31:01 PM
I got New York. How odd, since I said I wanted mountains o_O

Cat X
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:43:13 PM
This isn't a TAKE THIS QUIZ site, its the HGTV website.

The alert tools I have started to scream as soon as I touched that site. Approach with caution. Or Internet tested condoms.

And just because it's "reputable" does not mean for one second something isn't up. Like to deal with the major bridal website that got infected with a SQL injection attack that lead to a compromised dll on the PC I was just looking at? Any wonder why I just plain dont use Windows? This garbage is endemic and becoming a bigger problem day by day.

Stuffed if I know yet why there's a trigger that got tripped, I'm looking into it to see what it could be to see if it's something I need to know. But for now, approach with caution

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:21:01 PM
Thank you for the warning. Can you point people in the direction of proven safety measure and programs if they wish to use them before clicking the link?

It's a lot nicer than this 'rawr people are stupid' stuff, and it doesn't kill the spirit of the thread.

Veritas
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:24:36 PM
Chicago

Because you crave diversity under big city lights and taking in the arts, you should live here: Chicago, Illinois. As the nation's third largest city, Chicago is the major metropolis of the heartland and home to a variety of people, cultures and entertainment. Next to the scenic lakeside setting are bountiful universities, museums, professional sport teams and a well-known theater district. Chicago's economy is the most balanced in the nation, complete with a major financial center and the second largest central business district in the United States. Any kind of lifestyle is available within city limits: Whether it's an old brownstone, downtown loft or a single family home with a yard, living in Chicago can be a perfect fit for most any lifestyle and budget.
I would rather be poisoned with mercury than to live in Chicago.

I think they secretly made this the "Here is the worst place we could find for you to live hahahahaha" quiz.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:28:13 PM
Yeah I have to admit I'm a bit confused as to the results as well. :p

Morgan Evanar
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:10:12 PM
And it says I should live in Chicago.

O_o

Locksmith
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:25:03 PM
Hmm, apparently I am where I should be. San Diego. Odd, I thought I wanted Seattle back...

Daniella Tur'ilian
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:33:35 PM
Boulder, Colorado, eh?

Because you want to live in a vibrant community active in education and outdoor recreation, you should live here: Boulder, Colorado. Boulder is a captivating Rocky Mountain community enriched with natural beauty, hip urban culture and a vibrant love of the outdoors. It's easy to see why this intriguing town has been dubbed "the city nestled between the mountains and reality." Proud to be one of Colorado's foremost havens of commerce, education, research and recreation, Boulder is also the spirited home of the University of Colorado. Boulder is well known for its value of environmental preservation, education and quality of life.

Sounds kinda nice, actually. Alot like Asheville.

Banner Laverick
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:34:20 PM
I got New York City, which I guess wouldn't be bad. :x

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:36:36 PM
Odd, I thought I wanted Seattle back...

You and me both, dude :(

Banner Laverick
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:37:34 PM
It's called move to canada, cos we have mountains and snow and awesome stuff like meeeeeeeeee! :eee

Droo
May 1st, 2008, 04:25:49 AM
New York City

With your passion for nightlife, theater and a city lifestyle, you should live here: New York City. Considered the cultural capital of the United States, New York City is home to a wide variety of languages, food, museums, art galleries and performance venues. It's also an international center for business, finance and fashion. Famous for its sights and architecture, it's one of the most visited cities in the world. Almost eight million people call NYC home; as a result, real estate is pricey, so most people opt to rent. With diverse neighborhoods and an efficient public transportation system, everything in this electrifying city is within reach.

I also wanted mountains and this is what I got. I can't complain though, as much as I love the great outdoors, city life is in my blood.

Yog
May 1st, 2008, 07:09:20 AM
New York.

I like the city life, but I would probably like San Francisco better.

Droo
May 1st, 2008, 02:46:22 PM
When I think of Seattle I think of Frasier so naturally I associate it with things that are amazing. Is it a nice place to live?

Dasquian Belargic
May 1st, 2008, 04:02:34 PM
New York City
With your passion for nightlife, theater and a city lifestyle, you should live here: New York City. Considered the cultural capital of the United States, New York City is home to a wide variety of languages, food, museums, art galleries and performance venues. It's also an international center for business, finance and fashion. Famous for its sights and architecture, it's one of the most visited cities in the world. Almost eight million people call NYC home; as a result, real estate is pricey, so most people opt to rent. With diverse neighborhoods and an efficient public transportation system, everything in this electrifying city is within reach.

I do enjoy a good nightlife ^_^;