PDA

View Full Version : What If/Future Thread Ideas.

Banner Laverick
Apr 29th, 2008, 11:19:28 AM
Since Ferris is potentially going to end up at Future Cullens, and after talking with Kale and Felix, I'd like to get some input on who would still be at the school in 20 years. Banner and Felix would be 36/35, having had Ferris at 23/22.

Any input/ideas would be greatly appreciated. A synopsis of what your character would be doing at Cullens/in the Fletchers' extended mutant family would be good too :)

EDIT - Banner still has contact with people at Cullens', since her work involves helping parents with mutant children. (Just an FYI)

EDIT2 - Changed the title, since we're getting more ideas for other things :)

Jacinda Blake
Apr 29th, 2008, 11:25:42 AM
Ha! This sounds fun. We were shop talking doing something set in the future too. Tempest will most definitely be a Professor by then, probably Literature. I'm sure Coyote and their spawn will be around as well! :)

Banner Laverick
Apr 29th, 2008, 11:38:18 AM
If anyone else wants to do their own What If? stories/rps, they can. Since it's the future, anything can happen. :)

I've had an idea for a What If...? Banner Joined The Brotherhood thread ^_^;

Flux
Apr 29th, 2008, 11:50:34 AM
Also, since it's "What If?" it has no bearing on anything going on now, or that may happen later. In the Ferris "What If?" Felix isn't with the Brotherhood anymore, but in the "canon" continuity, he may stay with them for life, or he and Banner may not even make it to marriage, much less having a kid.Yay flexibility!

As far as the current What If?, Freight Train might still be there, taking over Dragon's old position as Person in Charge of P.E. Gotta talk to Kale.

Banner Laverick
Apr 29th, 2008, 12:06:20 PM
Also, since it's "What If?" it has no bearing on anything going on now, or that may happen later. In the Ferris "What If?" Felix isn't with the Brotherhood anymore, but in the "canon" continuity, he may stay with them for life, or he and Banner may not even make it to marriage, much less having a kid.Yay flexibility!

This is true, which is why this is just a story that I'm writing on my own :) (although, cmon, Felix and Banner = Mutants Unite! Power Couple! XD)

Carlos Calaveras
Apr 29th, 2008, 12:30:59 PM
I'm sorry but the role of Power Couple has already been taken.

Right, Tempest? :cool

Dragon
Apr 29th, 2008, 12:36:46 PM
Jenny, Erin, and I had been discussing the possibility of using Francoise's comatose powers as a vehicle for giving characters flash-forwards of their own lives. These, too, would be possible futures, since simply having seen the future would make a difference. :D

Just some ideas to throw out there...

John will no longer be at Cullen's. So, yeah, all his positions will certainly be open.

The Brotherhood will have accomplished its major goal of starting the mutant nation of Genosha in the Savage Lands of Antarctica. Genosha has remained largely isolated from the rest of the world. Some of the Brotherhood may be involved in its government. Saladin, however, has been missing for quite some time.

I was thinking it'd be funny if Geryon ended up seeking a quieter lifestyle, got a business degree, and is running a successful company. :) Of course, he could also do something like professional wrestling - or, as Banner suggested, American Gladiators. :lol

Taya... I dunno. Maybe she's an actor in Hollywood! :cat

Chimera has taken on a vigilante lifestyle; she moves freely to and from Genosha on business strictly her own. She has loyalties to certain people at Cullen's and certain members of the Brotherhood, but no real allegiance to any cause.

I also have ideas for a new villain on the scene... but I'll hold off on that til later.

Banner Laverick
Apr 29th, 2008, 12:37:13 PM
Yeah right!

We'll be the Peter and MJ, you two can be the Scott and Jean ;)

(and yes, I am spamming up my own thread. XD Oopsy)

Geryon is definitely going to be on American Gladiators. Anything that isn't connected to Ferris/The Fletchers probably won't end up in my story. But I think the flash-forward idea is great. Can't wait to read it :)

Carlos Calaveras
Apr 29th, 2008, 12:43:51 PM
Me, Scott? Hell no! Logan and Jean.

Quarterback can be the new Scott... maybe Esme can be his Emma Frost? ;)

Anyway, yeah, we've got something cool cooking.

Banner Laverick
Apr 29th, 2008, 12:48:24 PM
I'll definitely be mentioning Mrs. and Mr C and fam in my story. And Freight Train will be the tough new (short) gym coach, making the kids do drills 24/7! Taya as an actress is interesting too - maybe Banner asks her to be a spokesperson for her cause or something. :D

Flux
Apr 29th, 2008, 02:25:41 PM
John will no longer be at Cullen's. So, yeah, all his positions will certainly be open. Alrighty, then Freight Train will teach the physical classes at Cullen's. :)

Jacinda Blake
Apr 29th, 2008, 03:32:41 PM
Me, Scott? Hell no! Logan and Jean.

Quarterback can be the new Scott... maybe Esme can be his Emma Frost? ;)

Anyway, yeah, we've got something cool cooking.

Hot stuff, dear..

/end spampage

It sounds like it's going to be a great read Mrs. Future Flecther! :D

And yeah I think other future / possible future threads should follow, it will be fun. :D

Freight Train
Apr 29th, 2008, 07:47:17 PM
Also, let's not forget that "What If?" threads can apply to alternate pasts and presents, too. For instant:

What If? Felix was sent to Cullen's instead of Banner?
What If? Tempest and Quarterback hadn't broken up at homecoming?
What If? Freight Train had been sent to Jericho?

Possibilities are endless.

Banner Laverick
Apr 29th, 2008, 07:55:36 PM
If Felix was sent away, Banner would become more Gothier than she is right now. >_>; And she would probably become a bully.

Freight Train
Apr 29th, 2008, 08:00:30 PM
Aha, we have discovered fun new direction for Banner's character! Behold the power of "What If?" :D

Morgan Evanar
Apr 29th, 2008, 09:06:15 PM
She would become the Doom and carry around a big double axe. She'll slice criminals in half and recite Poe while doing it.

Damien E. Dervish
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:35:09 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Damien will no longer be with Cullen's. He will have taken the education that he learned, along with a buisness degree, and will have started his own company that will slowly but surely eclipse Spencers. I mean, imagine a company similar to Spencers ran by a demonic-looking mutant?

Can we say Fortune 500? :lol

Mel, on the other hand, would continue to be at Cullen's as their music director. Who knows? Maybe they'll even have a high school band or a collegiate drum and bugle corp?

Slab will either be retired retired, or dead of alcohol poisoning, lung cancer, or at the hands of the Brotherhood, but not before taking several with him. Ya know, the whole blaze of glory complex.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 30th, 2008, 02:51:19 PM
I just want to caution all of you not to split your creativity up too much into 'non-canon' storylines. This is how people lose track of the main RP and everything fizzles. ^_^;

The future threads idea told to me by Kale involving Ms. Dupont seems like a cool way to balance canon and non-canon/future ideas. We further the current storyline whilst exploring a possible future at the same time. Keeps the momentum going, y'know?

That being said, do whatever you like.;)

Banner Laverick
Apr 30th, 2008, 09:40:13 PM
The Ferris thing is strictly a side-project. When I'm bored to death at work, it's nice to have writing I can work on. :)

Another idea I had was "Origins" threads - tell the story of how/when your character got their powers.

Freight Train
May 1st, 2008, 07:56:43 PM
I wanna get some established canon first before I go picking back through it for "What If?" material.

Randall Rudd
May 3rd, 2008, 11:36:30 PM
I'm gonna hold off on this just because the main storyline is searing hot right now.

Morgan Evanar
May 4th, 2008, 09:21:19 PM
I wanna get some established canon first before I go picking back through it for "What If?" material.I'm in agreement. None of my characters have particularly obvious "what if/future" scenarios, except that Veronica will likely bite off more than she can chew at some point in the future.