PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Insider issues...?

Tri'ahna Zylary
Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:03:51 AM
Hey folks, not sure if this is the place to post about it but it's as good as any, so...

Does anyone here subscribe to the Star Wars Insider?

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to share Vader: The Ultimate Guide and the short story In His Image, as well as the Guide to the GAR, the Mandalorians and anything on the Clones, with me.

it's impossible to get these on back order, ebay is not being helpful, and I simply want to be able to read these few articles and stories.

So anyone willing to scan these for me and send me a copy.... I'd be eternally helpful.

Jedieb
Apr 24th, 2008, 10:47:10 AM
I've got a few holes in my Insider collection, but I probably have what you're looking for and I do have a scanner. If you could give me the issue numbers I could go through my Insiders this weekend and see if I've got what you need. But I doubt I'll be able to find anything for you until this weekend.

Darven
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:27:45 PM
Hmmmm... let me see...

There is a standalone tie-in called Vader: The Ultimate Guide, but I can't figure out when that came out. There's a story in there called In his Image - that I need.
#84 - Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic
#85 - Short Story: A Two-edged Sword
#86 - The Mandalorians: People and Culture
#93 - Article: Part of the Language

Jedieb
Apr 25th, 2008, 11:39:45 AM
I'm booked solid with the kids this afternoon and I've got a softball and baseball game Saturday. I should be able to go through my Insiders Sat. night or afternoon. It'll actually give me an excuse to get them organized. I should have something for you Sat. night.

Darven
Apr 25th, 2008, 02:03:52 PM
No worries, I'm the patient sort. Spent so much time trying to hunt these down in other ways before now, a day or two don't matter.

Oh, if you'd be kind enough to send them to me at mara.mcduff@gmail.com ?

Jedieb
Apr 26th, 2008, 09:13:12 PM
Done. That Vader story by Traviss was added to the paperback version of LOTF: Betrayal (according to Wookiepedia.) So if you've got a mega bookstore nearby I'd just go, grab a copy and a seat and read it at my leisure.

Darven
Apr 27th, 2008, 01:27:37 AM
Hmmm.... I got the 3rd one. The others seem to have got lost on the way? Probably my gmail account didn't like more than 9MB, but that's a bit odd...

And yeah I know about the story being in Betrayal, but unfortunately bookstores over here don't carry Star Wars books in English (I'm in Germany) so I can't do that. You have no idea how much I wish I could though...... *sigh*

Jedieb
Apr 29th, 2008, 07:13:00 AM
Yeah, I got a message saying they were too big. Tell me which ones didn't go through and I'll break them up. BTW, DelRay is offering a free download of Betrayal for a couple of weeks. It might have the Vader story included.

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/starwars/sw_legacy.html

Darven
Apr 29th, 2008, 07:27:03 AM
Nope, it doesn't - I'm reading it as we speak. It's essentially a copy of the Hardback edition, with an excerpt of Bloodlines in it.

All I got was the email called Insider 3, with the article about the Language.

Jedieb
May 3rd, 2008, 10:06:37 PM
Sorry, but we've been swamped over here. I'm trying again, a couple of pages at a time. It probably still won't work. I guess I'll have to compress or zip them or something like that.

Tri'ahna Zylary
May 4th, 2008, 01:36:05 AM
I got most of the Mando article except for 3+4 :)