PDA

View Full Version : LA, April 19th to 22nd

Khendon Sevon
Apr 13th, 2008, 09:45:09 AM
So, Microsoft is flying me out to LA on the 19th to blog about the US finals for their Imagine Cup competition.

Yes. To blog.

...blog. Blog. Blog. BLOG!

There, now that that's over:

I'm not sure how much crazy free time I'll have; but, if anyone has been dying to meet me, I'll be staying in the Millennium Biltmore. The schedule they've setup for me is pretty intense; but, it looks like I'll have some night time free.

I'm still slightly confused as to why they're dropping so many bills to get me to blog about their event. Not a lot of people read my blog. It's about software development, software team leadership, and my personal views of technologies I'm excited about (right now, MIDs).

If you wanna' see it, head over to http://codestorm.roxxu.com

Guess it's good enough to get Microsoft to drop some $$ on me.

Khendon Sevon
Apr 21st, 2008, 02:45:10 AM
So, I don't feel like getting too into detail as to what I'm doing in LA. Why? Because it'll soon be on my blog and it's 1:40 LA time, 4:41 AM NJ time. So, I'm a little tired. Just got back from a club. Spent the day interviewing, networking, and taking notes/sitting in on speakers.

What do I want to say?

I think my hotel room is haunted. In fact, the hotel I am in is probably haunted. It dates back to the 1920's.

So, I'm done for the day with my responsibilities and am running to my room to drop my stuff off before we head over to the club. I get to my door and can hear noise. I think I must've left the TV on.

Now, I've never touched the radio; but, it was on, blasting away in Spanish. Confusing. I know I didn't set it.

Well, the alarm wasn't on. It was just set to radio.

I check the bathroom and such. No one had been in to clean since that afternoon, when I'd spent 20 minutes in my room.

I head downstairs. Tell one of the other bloggers, then ask the staff about it.

There's a history.

Anyway, now I'm going to sleep. I'm tired. I'll let you know how everything goes!

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:53:24 PM
Couldn't a maid have turned on the radio? This makes more sense to me than a ghost. ;)

Hope you're having a good time :)

Khendon Sevon
Apr 25th, 2008, 03:18:15 PM
Pff.

Ghost.

While I was there I asked the staff, they all said the place is haunted.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 26th, 2008, 01:21:59 AM
;) it must be true then

Khendon Sevon
Apr 26th, 2008, 12:07:18 PM
Of course :)

It's actually inspired a concept for a first-person shooter that I might be developing over the summer. We'll see what happens. If I'm in LA interning for EA Games, I won't be doing it; but, if I'm in Hoboken working for an enterprise software developer, then I will.