PDA

View Full Version : Figure Counts

Jedieb
Apr 4th, 2008, 10:24:47 PM
A couple of weeks ago Adam Paulus put out a great update at GalacticHunter about a modern figure count.

You can read it here. http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=7103&zoneid=2

Just how far has this insanity gone? Paulus will be the first to admit that it's simply impossible to come up with a definitive count of modern figures. There have been so many line corrections, repaints, repacks, and kit bashes that you can drive yourself crazy trying to define just what is and isn't a "new" figure. Get 10 modern collectors in a room and you'll probably get 10 different definitions of what makes a unique figure. Ask those 10 collectors to come up with a list of every single modern figure Hasbro has made since 95 and I GUARANTEE you you'll get 10 different lists.

Adam's article got a lot of posters at Rebelscum thinking about their own definitions and subsequently what their figure totals were. Which brings me to the topic of this thread. Just how many figures do you think you have? If you're a sad completist like me you're in for a tortuous experience. I've spent the better part of a week coming up with a master list of my action figure collection. As I've worked on it, night after night, I've realized I'll never be able to account for every figure I've bought. It's just impossible. So whatever number I come up it's bound to be off by dozens of figures.

As I put my spreadsheet to bed tonight I find myself stopping at Jan. 06. One more full year and a few months and I'll be done. My total for 1995-2005?

:cry 1,100 :cry

That's on the low side. I've yet to even attempt to count the squads of Clone Troopers and Stormtroopers I've assembled for displays. So I've skipped at least 100 troopers but I do hope to get to them when I get back to reorganizing my SW Room.

So if you're in the mood for some fun, get some pen and paper and start counting your collection. I gaurantee you'll be surprised at just how many plastic men you've acquired.

Jedieb
Apr 5th, 2008, 10:22:50 PM
I finished my preliminary count tonight. I'm at 1,480 without counting squads. I can get back to working on my room while I'm counting figs. I was doing alright on my room until my LEGOs derailed me. I had to rearranging my LEGO shelves and I even sold some of them off on ebay. I've also had to rebuild some sets that got messed up when they installed the carpet. My UCS Y-Wing is a wreck and I'm going to try to fix it tomorrow. Once that's done I'll be able to get back to opening figures.

JMK
Apr 6th, 2008, 08:53:12 PM
Good lord. I would put my count somewhere at around 200, tops. Maybe a shade more than that, but since RotS has come out, I can count on 1 hand the number of figures I've picked up. I just can't keep up and I can only justify to myself having so many figures of the same character. I think I have at least 12 Darth Vaders and almost as many Lukes. I *may* pick up some figures for the new movie/series, but if I ever get back in to it full time, I will probably revert to vintage figures and more select items. But that's a big if, sadly.

QuiGonJ
Apr 8th, 2008, 09:55:42 PM
Man, I did stop the insanity a long time ago. Through the saga line, including VOTC figures on top, my old Excel inventory came out at 492 figures. Figure maybe another 100 with multipacks, Complete Galaxy and pack-ins. Maybe another 20 on top of that, mostly astromech variations, so I'm guessing 512+ would be my answer.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 9th, 2008, 08:15:45 PM
I think we're at a bazillion. :p