PDA

View Full Version : New Imperial Holo-Net!?

Zeke
Mar 28th, 2008, 06:24:36 PM
I have questions!

1) Is this an IC or OOC thing?
2) What would be an appropriate manner to reply to such announcements? IC, OOC, Not-At-All?
3) Who's allowed to post these things?

Thanks. If this needs moving or is just plain silly, feel free to mod it away.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 28th, 2008, 06:45:12 PM
I suppose you could respond to it IC, OOC, or not at all. Its something that was suggested/offered in this http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17673 thread and I told her she could post them as the News section as nothing else gets posted there. I tested one from an RP she did that takes place in the past of the current timeline, to see what it looks like.

So if you want 'in' on it, follow the directions in that thread I linked to, I suppose?

Kvettch
Mar 28th, 2008, 06:55:44 PM
The Holonet Announcements are simply something I came up with.

They are not RPs, they are simple announcements, and can have any kind of content. I was going to run them on a bi-weekly basis but I got a bit held up after the first one since so there'll be a new one coming soonish.

I'll be running spoof ads for fictional places and events as well as some "real" events that are happening in RPs (if they are official). If you want an ad or a story run, contact me with some details and a pic, possibly, and I'll throw it together and stick it up.

I figure it's a nice way of putting some "real news" up on the front page, too.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 28th, 2008, 07:02:31 PM
I like it, personally. The front page is dreadfully neglected these days. :)

Zeke
Mar 28th, 2008, 07:08:48 PM
I totally agree. I just wanted to know what we could do with it. An add for Zeke's business would be cool to see on the front page. We could probably even tie in the General Roleplaying universes, too. "The latest World of Darkness novel has been released! Get your copy today!" :D

Kvettch
Mar 28th, 2008, 07:52:59 PM
Hehehe.... anything is possible. I'm working on a new installment just now.... created a "gossip columnist" who is going to create a terribly incorrect story about recent happenings in the underworld....