PDA

View Full Version : I. Untitled (Club Thing)

Dallas Walker
Mar 22nd, 2008, 01:32:10 AM
The back of the van was dark. Too dark. The padded walls muffling any background noise, keeping all the light out. The better not to see you, my dear...After all, one lingering look could scare the life out of you...and into me. A band of soft black fabric covers my eyes, my arms and legs shackled. Presumably for the safety of the men transporting me from the Jericho Center for Genetic Medicine. No standard supression collar for me - the doctors who attempted to restrain my gift suffered the loss of a few delicious fingers in the process.

The last few months, they'd been spent in the center. In the beginning, I played along. The obedient lab rat, taking their poking and prodding with a sharks' smile. All the while, the Need grew. Became too big, came out too soon. The punishments were horrible, or would've been, if I cared or had any real feelings.

Now I was being sent away. Probably to a more secure facility, maybe a prison? I hadn't been asked, had no input into the matter. So, I'm sitting here, in the darkest corner of the van. In the silence, the Need whispering sweet nothings in my brain. My thoughts were consumed by it, this tightly coiled snake that hissed it's twisted ideas inside me. The van stopped. Foot-steps, laughter and the muffled sound of mens' voices could be heard, two fading as they walked away. The door was pulled open by the remaining guard, blinding sunlight cutting a wedge out of the darkness.

"Get up, freak."

He looked at me with utter disgust. I got to my feet, inching further into the corner, bringing my hands to my eyes, trying to block out the harsh light. The guard shook his head, stepping into the van, cursing me for my apparent ignorance...My entire body tensed, the Need screaming at me as I tugged the cloth from my eyes as he took that one step closer. Too close. He didn't even have time to scream, to turn away, before I wrapped my hands around his throat. Forcing him to look at me, to stare me in the eyes.

His skin sunk in, drying up, his eyes rolling back into his head as I let his body drop. I fumbled in his pockets, taking his keys, his wallet. Once my shackles were off, I stepped outside, leaving the husk in the van. I slid into the drivers' seat, taking the pair of aviator shades that were hanging on the rearview mirror, putting them on. They looked ridiculous - the skinny, red haired boy with the sickly grey skin and luminous red eyes in the mirror shook his head in agreement. I could hear my two remaining friends coming back - no doubt they'd noticed the mess I'd made of their collegue. Lots of yelling, feet pounding the pavement. I shifted the gears, into reverse and pressed the gas pedal all the way to the floor. Thump, thump. My reflection grinned as I threw my new ride into drive, leaving my former captors in my dust.

Dallas Walker
Mar 24th, 2008, 11:05:17 PM
I drove. Not too fast, not too slow. No need to call any attention to myself. The guards wallet held a few family photos, credit cards, $23.47 in cash, an expired condom and several recent hotel receipts. Seems our friend was being a naughty boy behind his wifes' back. I made sure to toss the wallets' contents into the back with his corpse - I wouldn't want to spare his widow the truth about her dear sweet husband.

...Mmmmmmmmm.
Fast food is the only thing from the normal world that I can honestly say I have missed. I scribbled the guards name on the credit card slip, smiling politely at the female cashier. She blushed. If I was human, maybe I would've blushed back. I parked the van, tearing off the greasy wrapper, sinking my teeth into heat-lamp-warmed double patties and cheesey goodness. I wolfed down three more burgers, two medium fries, and one of those apple pies, washing it all down with a large triple thick vanilla shake.

I ended up sitting in the van for a half an hour afterwards, feeling as though my gut was about to burst out of my pants. I was thinking; I have all the time in the world, but nowhere to go, nothing to do. Abandon the van, of course - I was hoping the little shy cashier would find the mess I left in the back...Throw out the wallet and credit cards. Find a place to lay low. Hope that the Need stayed sated, long enough for me to blend back into normal society.

I leave the van, tossing everything I didn't need into the nearby dumpster, shoving the cash into my pocket. Walking down the street, I looked like any other teenager, sipping on my drink, hood pulled up over my head. Being grey sort of makes you stand out, I guess looking like the sketch of the unibomber doesn't help much either. Stopped at the lights, I read a few of the flyers taped to a telephone pole. One in particular catches my eye - the grand re-opening for a nightclub named The Haven. I'd caught the middle of some kids conversation back at the center. Said this "Haven" was a freak-friendly place. Okay, so I'm sure if they knew I was a remorseless killer, they wouldn't approve. They wouldn't have to. I can fake humanity when I have to, especially when a free place to stay is involved....

Dallas Walker
Mar 27th, 2008, 11:16:19 PM
This Haven was a jumpin' place. There was a line up that was half a block long, all young men and women out for a night of fun. Two big lumps of meat stood on either side of the doors, checking IDs (which I didn't have) and getting rid of any undesirables (which I probably am). Dallas the Unibomber wannabe - would he make it through without having to kill anyone? Or would he end up a smear on the bottom of one of the bouncers' shoes?

I pushed through the crowd, watching a group of severely mutated teens slip behind the velvet rope. As they slipped inside, I ran up, doing my best to look frantic and left behind. One of the lumps stepped into my way. The name embroidered on his shirt said "Tiny". Har, har.

"Can I help you, sir?"

I kept up my act, pointing frantically at the door. "Those are my friends. I was running late, heh, guess they thought I bailed on them. Cmon man, I need to get in there!"

Tiny didn't look convinced. As much as I hated to do it, the shades came down so I could look at him over the frames. He took a half-step backwards, his mouth gaping open like a big fish out of water. Bingo. Our staring contest lasted a few moments longer. He blinked, shaking his head to free himself from my gaze. He unclipped the rope, nearly shoving me inside, glad to be rid of me.

The crowd only grew as I made my way towards the bar. Mutants of all types, mingling with humans. If I cared about anything, I might be digusted by it. Luckily, everyone tasted the same to me. I flagged over the bartender - a young woman most normal men would find attractive. Offering up my most charming smile, I ordered a rum and coke. Thank god she didn't ask for ID, or blush at me. Just gave me an odd look then gestured to my face. I shook my head, laughing a very fake (unheard over the music pumping out of the speakers) laugh. Ha ha ha, sunglasses indoors? Having people dropping like flies would be much funnier. At least, I thought so...

Of course, the longer I stood around, watching the crowd ebb and flow around me, the louder the Need got. It was like being with a kid in a candy store - my inner voice oohing and aahing, whining for whatever delicious body passed by me. Inhaling deeply, I shut my eyes... Only to feel someones' elbow jam hard into my ribs. I'll admit it, I flinched, giving the offending party a hard glare...

Flux
Mar 28th, 2008, 06:31:16 PM
Felix finally decided to follow up on the information Andrew Crest had given him about The Haven. He hadn't known it was a club; in fact, he was quite surprised to find that out. He'd gotten in the same as anyone else, and had been content to let the motion of the crowd edge him along. He didn't really DO dancing, singing, grinding against everybody in sight, all that thing. He also didn't do getting shoved into other people, accident or not.

The whirl of crowd had hidden the culprit by the time Felix had gotten his balance back and turned to shoot his mouth off, so he instead turned to apologize to the person he'd been shoved into, and wasn't really sure he wanted to do it. This guy looked like trouble.

"Uh...hey. Had a rough day?" Felix sure as hell hoped that was the only reason he was getting the death-glare.

Vipul Chandrashekar
Mar 30th, 2008, 08:47:17 PM
A group of three Vipuls emerged from a cab in front of the Haven. Thanks to a tip from another fellow genetically diverse individual, they'd been led to this disco club? Was there someone who might have some information for them? The Vipuls weren't even sure if they were looking for a cure anymore. Maybe just answers, or a purpose to this insanity in general?

Remembering to dress the part, the Vipuls were wearing a matching set of club clothing, all recently purchased. Fortunately it was not a hardship to change rupees into dollars in a large American city.

Approaching the bouncer, they smiled and nodded in unison. The bouncer rolled his eyes, and let them through.

Greel
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:22:09 AM
Greel walked out the bathroom. He never came in the front. There was a crack in the back glass. It was small, but Greel could get through smaller. Helped save money. Greel didn't have to pay to get in much anyway. Andrew helped him out with the place. He was 18 and legal. He worked off the books doing this and that. He helped with construction and such. Little of this and a little of that. No W-2. Helped keep him from being tracked. Off the radar if people looked for him.

The club was packed tonight. The re-opening was going good. The place seemed to be doing very well for itself. Most people were a little older than Himself, but that was ok. Being around people felt good. He was alone for far to long not to like this.

There was a weird guy staring a kid down. Greel looked at them. He wanted to make sure nothing broke out. If it did he would be able to help stop it. He looked over at a red head that was looking at him. Well...the night was still young, and she looked...well....nice. In a 'I would never show you to my parents, but take a picture and brag to the guys' kinda way.

Greel eased up and slip next to her. She swayed and he sway, but he controlled it. All so that he could see the two guys and what happens from there.

Dallas Walker
Mar 31st, 2008, 05:17:24 PM
"Uh...hey. Had a rough day?" Felix sure as hell hoped that was the only reason he was getting the death-glare.

I blinked, another fake fake grin crossing my face. "Heh, you could say that."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a darkish skinned fellow, almost gelatenous looking. He was watching me, and this kid. I kept up the fake-happy act - always blend in, don't cause trouble...at least when you're in a crowded club where you could get beat down at a moments notice. I'd keep an eye on that one...

"You seem a little out of place, if you don't mind me saying...What's your deal kid?"

Vipul Chandrashekar
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:21:43 PM
The Vipuls made their way to the bar, feeling like loosening up a bit before they got their bearings. One took a spot near the bartender, while another browsed the selection of music at the jukebox, and another still admired a toothsome lady dancer.

"What'll it be?"

The bartender reached an unnaturally long arm a few feet down the bar to pick up a used glass, drawing it back to him as he cleaned it with a rag.

The Vipul at the bar nodded with confidence.

"I would very much like three gin and tonics if you do not mind and I will be starting a tab the name is Vipul Chandrashekar but you can call me Vipul."

As if on cue, the other Vipuls made eye contact with the bartender and nodded. The barkeep gave the lead Vipul a funny look, but otherwise prepared the drinks as asked.

Flux
Mar 31st, 2008, 09:34:30 PM
Felix settled himself on a stool next to Dallas. Seems the guy's not so bad.

"I, uh, I got invited by an employee. Figured I should check it out, but I had no clue it was a nightclub or whatever. I've never been in one, and it's awkward as hell."

The bartender approached, having finished slinging drinks for yon Vipuls, and seeing how young Felix was, offered up a pre-emptive warning. "We don't serve alcohol to minors."

"What?" Felix asked, head whipping around from Dallas to Barkeep. "No, dude. What? I wasn't even gonna order anything. But, well, I guess a Coke. No sense sitting here if I'm not gonna have anything."

Barkeep rolled his eyes at Chatterbox Minor and went to go get the soda. Felix turned back to Dallas and asked: "What happened bad today, dude?"

Andrew Crest
Apr 1st, 2008, 12:58:55 PM
It seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves for the grand reopening of the Haven; if the mass of undulating people and heavily patroned bar gave any indication. And only a few minor fist-claw-wing-tentacle fights broke out and those idiots were thrown out before anything could go down.
For Andrew, though a good portion of the day had been hell. Getting the last minute equipment put together and installed (the damn lighting rigs just SUCKED) and get the place cleaned up had drained a good chunk of his energy. At least lunch had been a nice change when Justinian gave him a ring earlier.

Speaking of which, he was hoping to see Felix around here somewhere; maybe the kid had taken him up n the offer. But Kevin and Jasper hadn’t made mention of anyone looking for “Slug”.

In any case it he needed to get the new of shakers back to the bar, mixed drinks were going fast tonight and Nicole had to make handful of new ones just to keep up with the demand. Sometime is was just plain handy to be dating a Transmuter.

“Yo Lenny, got the shipment. What you need first?”

Dallas Walker
Apr 1st, 2008, 03:08:09 PM
I leaned in close, shoulder to shoulder with the kid, and in my most sincere voice said, "I had to kill someone today. But that wasn't the bad part...it's the waiting to kill someone else, that's the worst."

Flux
Apr 1st, 2008, 07:02:25 PM
Felix leaned away as Barkeep brought him his coke.

"Uh...what?"

Vipul Chandrashekar
Apr 1st, 2008, 08:35:01 PM
As one Vipul was being rejected with an offer to dance with the aforementioned pretty girl, the second made his jukebox selection, and approached a nearby table with seating to spare. Not wanting to barge in on strangers, he smiled politely at the grey-skinned fellow and the young teen.

"I do not suppose that this seat is taken?"

The final Vipul continued to mull over his drink chatting up the bartender on recent events. Aside from the oddities of having mutants as customers, the stories all seemed to be fairly similar to any pub or disco. People drinking too much, a fight over a girl, that sort of thing. The scenery changed, but this was all a familiar thing to him, having been a patron of several such places in Dehli for the young and listless types.

Dallas Walker
Apr 3rd, 2008, 09:57:50 PM
As one Vipul was being rejected with an offer to dance with the aforementioned pretty girl, the second made his jukebox selection, and approached a nearby table with seating to spare. Not wanting to barge in on strangers, he smiled politely at the grey-skinned fellow and the young teen.

"I do not suppose that this seat is taken?"

In a voice that barely sounded like my own, I pointed to the man who'd decided to sit beside me.

"Watch."

Off come the glasses, as I wrap my hand around the mans' neck and stare him dead in the eyes, stupid idiotic fake smile held firmly in place. There's the usual gasp for breath - strangely, no scream - his body withering away untill he's a shriveled up husk. I let him go, letting him drop to the floor, eyes white from rolling back into his dried out skull. I slip my glasses on before I turn my attention back to the kid.

"There, much better now."

Andrew Crest
Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:26:09 PM
Andrew had dropped the shakers full of drinks he’d been mixing. A second ago, he’d caught sight of Felix at the bar, much to Andrew’s surprise. And then the creepy, pale guy next to him reanacted a scene from The Mummy on some poors guy. Needless to say he was PISSED.

“RELOAD, TANK, SPARKS, GREEL! CLEAR THE BAR NOW!” Much to the surprise of the club occupants, Andrew’s voice cut clear through the pounding music and chaotic mesh of voices. And Andrew absolutely never used any of the Haven’s member mutant-names, that alone set off a bright red flag for each of them.

Of course some standers-by picked that moment to realize what was happening and the screaming started. DAMMIT reopening was going smoothly and some son of a bitch decided to off some guy for no reason.

Nicole, aka ‘Reload’ burst from the door behind the bar in time to see Andrew, now “Slug”, advance on the freak.

A shiny, gelatinous blob appeared in her hands and obviously formed into a handgun.

Slug caught the thrown weapon as he vaulted over the bar, knocking Dalas clear off the chair and putting himself between Felix and the murdering bastard.

“Wrong time and place, pal!”

Greel
Apr 4th, 2008, 09:07:43 AM
Greel let go of the girl. All at once he changed forms. In his place was a Smooth skinned creature made of a Black Tar. He almost exploded into a swirls of gunk and sticky. He was a blob with multiple tenticle arms pushing people to the exit. His form swirled and reformed reapeatedly to catch people running the wrong way. Seeing the others wrapping it up Greel rushed to Andrew.

He stood behind Dalas. He wouldn't go back to his 'normal' form. Not with this guy killing people. That wouldn't work out at all. If he had a face in this form it would be in a frown. He waited for a signal. As soon as Slug gave to ok Greel planned to melt this guys face off.

Vipul Chandrashekar
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:25:04 PM
The other two Vipuls immediately turn to see the horror of their counterpart being killed. It is a strange experience for them, since they're both watching themselves be killed but also vaguely feeling the anguish of their slain counterpart. Immediately they rush forward, pulling the dessicated corpse of Vipul away from the attacker.

"Why did you do this?" They shouted in unison.

Dallas Walker
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:47:30 PM
There's was lots of shouting, lots of screaming, and soon I was flat on my back on the floor. I let out a rather undignified curse as my head hit the ground, winching hard as all the grunts surrouded poor ole me. Part of me wanted to take them all, leave them all dead in my wake...the part of me who dislikes having my rear handed to me worked on a plan...

Do they honestly think I can help myself? I have Needs, and they must be met, no matter what. It was stupid to show off, true, but sometimes, it can't be helped. I ground the palms of my hands into my eyes, fingers mentally crossed that none of these freaks have mental powers. The last thing I need is a Mutant Lie Detector ruining my act.

I take a deep breath as the music dies down. It's show-time.

"I'm...I'm so sorry....My powers, sometimes, I can't control them. It's my eyes...I just got out of Jericho, and," another breath, ragged this time, to look like I'm actually pained by what I am saying. I manage a convincing sob, tears starting to trail out of the corners of my eyes. "I'm so sorry..."

Flux
Apr 7th, 2008, 07:09:53 AM
Andrew showed up out of nowhere with his butt-kicking face on. Felix was glad to see him, especially since he was armed and about to do something about the guy with the literal death-glare. Two other guys (triplets, Felix guessed) had pulled their brother out of the area, and Felix decided that was a damn fine idea. He scuttled around face-off, making sure not to look at Dallas, and joined the Vipuls.

"Hey...sorry about the, uh, the loss," he apologized, even though it wasn't anywhere near his fault. Well, maybe it was. He'd said "what" which had prompted Dallas's action. "You two got a phone or something? We could call a hospital or..." Felix's voice trailed off as he looked over the corpse. Yeah, the hospital. More like the morgue.

Greel
Apr 7th, 2008, 09:23:29 AM
Greel felt bad for the guy. He knew what how it was not to be able to control ones powers. He had killed a guy by mistake once himself before he learned how to make himself acidic or sticky. Greel didn't changes forms. If Andrew needed help Greel need to be ready to strike. As such he didn't change forms yet.

Just in case greel slide over to what was left of the original three. A new kid had come was there as well. Greel hadn't seen him before. Greel wanted to be near them in case Dalas wasn't as heartfelt as he seemed.

Vipul Chandrashekar
Apr 7th, 2008, 08:05:04 PM
Both Vipuls looked about at the commotion, trying to sort things out.

That man is lying! The collective Vipul had clearly heard his words before killing their counterpart. After a few moments, they made their way for the door.

"I do apologize but this is too much for us can we please get some fresh air?"

Vipul had no intention of taking this lying down. Though he still lived of course, the man with horrible eyes had murdered him all the same. Though he rarely observed his traditional Hindu faith, the notion of karma was one of the things that was universally tied to justice and retribution. Vipul didn't feel particuarly heroic, but he was starting to realize that perhaps his ability had revealed itself to him for a reason.

Andrew Crest
Apr 7th, 2008, 11:14:34 PM
“Rrrrriiigggghhhtttt.” Sluglet the sarcasm drip off his tongue like venom. He nodded his head in the leech’s direction and Dallas found himself hoisted into the air from behind. Tank, his stature already impressive, was now coated head to toe in thick armor-like plates and wore a clear, “Remember me?” look on his face.

“Putting the guy in a choke hold before draining him really looks like an accident to me.”

Though there was one thing the guy said that got Slug’s attention…Jericho. Most people thought of the places as one of the many research facilities in the state, but Jericho had a dark side to it. The Haven, or at least select members of the Haven, were well aware of what went on at Jericho. In part, at least. Though they never had the strength to raid the place…yet.

“Greel, Tank, with me. Rest of you keep order until Fuze gets here.” Slug motioned towards the door marked ‘Employees Only’. As Tank started dragging the guy along, Slug tapped the barrel of the gun against death-glare man’s chest. “You’re going to answer me some questions”

The flood of people herded by Haven employees, mutant and non, poured out of the club carrying Felix and Vipul with them. One of the employees caught sight of Felix, the one that hand tossed Slug to weapon.

“Vait!” She crossed the distance to the three, the name tag identifying her as Nicole. “You ver wis that man, genau? ” Nicole turned quickly to ask the others to leave, the boy had been right at the scene, he would be of tremendous help. But she froze when she looked at Vipul’s face, he was the exact same one person who got his life drained.

“Was…..? But I….” Nicole glanced at the other man and met another mirror image. “….how? Scheiße, never mind, komm wis me. Anything you know helps us.”

Flux
Apr 8th, 2008, 05:17:34 AM
Felix shuffled along after her, feeling suddenly very guilty. He kept his eyes glued to the floor in front of him, bracing himself for a long night of questions and answers. His parents would likely kill him for being out so late, and then re-kill him for having been at the scene of a crime, but they might resurrect him for being okay. Maybe. He looked over at the twins to try and gauge their reactions.

Vipul Chandrashekar
Apr 9th, 2008, 09:56:39 PM
Vipul went along with "Nicole" as he was asked, not quite sure what she wanted.

While Vipul was answering questions, Vipul took the opportunity to slip away in the commotion, finding himself down the street and at a thrift store. The lights flickered, and the place was bare except for a few bored attendants and some listless vagrants who had nowhere else to be. Vipul went inside, quickly beginning his search for clothing that would fit him.