PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Strange

Echo
Mar 19th, 2008, 02:50:30 PM
The sound of her steps echoed down the alleyway as she hurried down it. It seemed to stretch on and on forever. Like she just could not find the end of it. Her eyes darted back and forth along the walls of the alley, but nothing seemed to make sense. Then another pair of footsteps joined the echoing of her own against the walls of the alley. Her eye darted around but she saw nothing. The other footsteps stopped when she had stopped. A shiver ran up her spine. She took another step backwards. The other footsteps echoed along with hers. They were right behind her. Slowly, she looks out of her peripheral vision over her shoulder. She then suddenly spins around and comes face to face with… herself…

Jesse sits up suddenly, waking from her dream. Her breathing his quick as if she was gasping for air. Her mind raced of the dream she just had. It was happening again. The same dreams. The same thing that always happened in them. She couldn’t go back to sleep. Her eyes ran around the small room she and her foster sister shared. Their foster mother worked so hard to keep everything running smoothly in their small apartment. But Jesse knew that there was nothing that this woman could do for her. She was almost 18 anyways. And if Social Services found out about Jesse’s… powers… well she didn’t even want to think about what kind of hell her mother might go through.

It was time for her to go. She looked across the room at her sleeping sister. She was 13 and probably wouldn’t understand. Hopefully with one less child in the house, their mother could focus a bit more on making life a little better for herself and her other foster daughter. So it was decided. Jesse would leave before things got out of hand.

A figure walked along the cold New York City streets. The hood of her jacket was pulled over her head and she clung to her backpack which held her only possession: a few sets of clothing, a few hundred dollars she had saved up over the years that she had been planning on using to make her family’s life better, and a few other little nick nacks. It was getting very late. Night had fallen a few hours before hand. She looked around, trying to find somewhere to get something to eat. She saw a small Café and went in to sit down and order. Under the table and out of sight of anyone around her, she stared at her right hand, moving back and forth, and the strange ‘trail’ that followed it.

It had been a few weeks sense she had left her foster home. The police wouldn’t bother searching for her because she was too close to being 18 to be a run away. At her age, they would just shrug their shoulders. It had taken her a few days to get from Florida to New York, but she had made it, safe for the most part. But that was the easy part. The hard part was yet to come.

Greel
Mar 20th, 2008, 08:12:28 AM
Greel sat and watched the girl from across the street. You could always tell the runaways and such. They way they carried theirselves. The way the looked over their shoulders.

At that moment Greel caught himself looking over his shoulder. Yeah. You could always tell the runaways. Evil knows Evil...or something like that. People called people like him evil. Not because of what they do, but for what there were. Mutants.

Greel was no hero. He had know grand dreams of saving the world twice a week when it was slow. He just turned 18. He was worried about if he would be able to go to prom before he died.

We looked both ways as he crossed the street. Habits. Ticks. Everyone had a few. This was his. He only wanted to be hit by a car once in his life time thank you very much.

He took a deep breath and stepped through the cafe door. What else did he have to lose? He had no home at the moment. Not very much money. He had been on the streets for like two months now. What could she really say that could make him feel worse than he did every morning when he woke up and went Crap, I didn't die in my sleep again.. The good news was he had a shower yesterday and had clean cloths on for a change. Thank you St. Peter's. Almost enough to make a guy find religon.

Greel stood about about 5'10 and 185 pounds. Black hair and eyes so brown they almost seemed black. Plain jeans and soild black shirt. St. Peter's didn't think that the cloths they gave to the homeless needed to be sharp and snazzy. But hey, free is free. He walked up to the table and took a deep breath.

"Mind if I have a seat?"

Echo
Mar 20th, 2008, 08:10:38 PM
Jesse practicly jumps out of her skin when a male voice asks her if he can sit down. Her eyes quickly raise up to him and she stops messing with her hand under the table. She holds her hands clamped together in her lap as her green eyes look over his face, as if trying to figure out if he was actually asking her that question. Finally, she desides she didn't hear wrong and stutters her response to him.

"S..sure. Um.. yeah I guess so..."

She looks back down at her hands. She was wearing black jeans, a white tank top and a zip-up black hoody with the hood pulled up over her head. She was clean but it was obvious she was on her own. It was also obvious that she was nervous and even a bit scared of this guy that had suddenly come out of no where. She pulled her backpack closer to her with her feet incase she needed to make a quick get away.

Andrew Crest
Mar 20th, 2008, 10:50:31 PM
The night was pretty damn peaceful, good and well considering that the neighborhood wasn’t that far from ‘the wrong side of the tracks’ as they called it. But then again, what part of town didn’t look like seedy crypt after dark. Maybe downtown, sure, but that didn’t count.
<o></o>
But despite outdoors looking like a set from a B-rate urban stalker flick and the time being god-knows-when at night….or morning….or whatever it was, Andrew was in a pretty decent mood. Reopening weekend at the Haven went well and Fuze had kept off his back for the most part. Hell, she even let him take off a bit early, granted it didn’t help that he lived at the club, so going out was the best way to get away from the headache-inducing strobes.
<o></o>
Andrew pushed open the door and the soothing aroma of coffee beans, tea, and heavenly chocolate bread graced his nostrils.
<o></o>
“Andy, how’s it going? Haven’t seen you here in a few weeks.” The mutant grinned at the owner standing behind the counter. Andrew had made gotten to know most of the small businesses around the area, and since this was probably one of the better cafes in near the Haven, he’d made a point to get on a first name basis.
<o></o>
“Not bad, not bad….” Andy pulled maneuvered past an occupied table on the way to the counter. His eye caught the outfits the two were wearing: dark clothes hiding their faces (at least the girl), rather shoddy hand-me down looking-things at that. Not that he could say anything about attire himself; Andrew was still in his clubbing clothes, except for the denim jacket that was covering his dress shirt.
<o></o>
Still, a few years at the Haven taught him to keep a lookout for certain types and the two were setting off red flags. But he turned away, the girl looked too freaked out to be a ganger or thief, probably just some runaways or cast-outs. Whatever, not his business.
<o></o>
“Been busy rebuilding the better portion of the club. Haven’t really had chance to get out if ya know what I mean.”

Greel
Mar 21st, 2008, 08:38:37 AM
Greel took a seat. Did he sit to fast? Shoudl he have waited a few moment? Hundred bucks the girl thinks a rapist he hitting on her. May her feel at ease. Thats the ticket.

"Haven't seen you areound here before. You new in town?"

Oh yeah. That will put here at ease. How do you spell creepy stalker in five letters? G R E E L. How many people die the in the movie when that line is spoken? Thank God there wasn't any stairs. The chick aways runs up the stairs instead of the front door.

"So...."

Greel noticed a guy on the other side of the cafe. Dressed all up scale in a 'I know I look rough but I look good don't I, so you know you like it and want to come home and buy the way I live in a one room place but you will not care because I am the bad boy that you want to brag about so why not cut to the case and leave' kinda way. No periods. Just a run on. You don't need periods for it. It just flows.

"Uh...."

Crap. Was Greel staring in his deep inner monolog about the guy in the corner? Crap. He was like 95% sure he was staring at the girl. Way to impress her with the mastery of the one word phrases. Just a sound. You don't even have to try. All that is missing is the slow chuckle.

"Hee....Hee..."

Maybe Greel was a prcog to. Maybe it was the anti-midas touch, as his best friend from school called it. Greel must can A) See the Future or B) Turn any conversation with a girl to crap with a single touch.

Greel looked down. When the cheerleaders verbal attacked you or slapped you it seemed to not be as bad if you look at the floor. They didn't seem to attack for as long as well. Greel slowly pulled his hand back.

"Sorry, I..uh...am not used to this. I have ate alone for the most part for like the last 3 weeks. You seemed to be a Street Runt like me. I figured I would see if you wanted not be alone for a few moments. My name is Alexander."

Oh yeah. Smooth. Like sliding over sand paper.

Echo
Mar 21st, 2008, 01:31:46 PM
She had been growing increasingly tenser the more he spoke. She was already scared and nervous and having this guy talking to her like that was doing anything but helping her nerves. Her nuckles were white with how hard she was clasping her hands together in her lap.

'Should I run? I know I can outrun him... atleast.. I think I can...'

Her thoughts raced through her mind as he continued his charade of creepiness. Her eyes had ventured a glance around the rest of the cafe and she noticed the one other person in there other than the workers. Another male. Great. No one really to run to.

She looked back down at her hands as he starts speaking again. This time, his words werent nearly as intrusive as they had been. Or nearly as creepy. She looks up at him, finally. He could see in her emerald eyes that she had started to relax again with his last set of words. Her hands weren't clasped as tight and her eyes instead, move down to his hands on the table.

"Jesse..."

She looks back up at his face a second before looking back down.

"My name's Jesse."

Greel
Mar 21st, 2008, 02:04:14 PM
"The burgars here are good. Better than the soup kitchen."

She had some pretty eyes. Better than his atleast. Brown almost black was not what most people would call high end in the work of wooing.

"I have been out here for like three weeks. The area is suppost to have a school around here for run aways. Seems like they are kinda shy though. Haven't heard or seen anyone here."

Time to see how far the rabbit hole went. Mutants that had been on the street for more than a few days learned underground slang fast. Humans that didn't care about mutants were Baselines. Anti-Mutant radicals were called Flatlines. If you were a mutant feeling out to see if someone else was a mutant then you had 'bad genes'.

"I been alone for longer than that. Even back in school last year as a junior. I got bad genes you see."

It was a green flag hopefully. Greel had spent some time 'down below' as the Mutant world called it. There was a movement were mutants lived liek hermits. In Sewers. Middle of No Where. Placed they would not be bothered and didn't have to try and fit in. Only thing he kept from that time was if you were luckly and phrased yourself right you could not be alone for a few moments.

Echo
Mar 21st, 2008, 06:00:08 PM
Alone. That was the word that had first stuck out when he spoke. She knew what it was like to be alone. She had known from a very young age. It wasn't until Karen and Kelly that Jesse had finally known what it was like to not be alone. But that was all over now. Now she was alone.. again. But maybe it wouldn't be so bad this time.

In her distracted state, she moved her hand towards her cup, unintentionally alowing her image to slip, causing the ripple trail of her form follow her hand to the cup. She blinked down at it, having forgotten about it and cursed herself in her mind. Thats when the next part of his words drew her focus.

Bad Genes. Yeah, she knew what those were. Her eyes quickly moved up to his, making the first eye contact with the boy sense they had met. Yes, she knew very well what 'Bad Genes' were. She lowered her voice a bit, her eyes dodgeing to the man across the room, hopeing he hadn't seen her hand move, or atleast that he would think it was just his mind playing tricks on him. She looked back at the boy once she was sure the other guy wasn't listening in.

"Wh.. what kind.. of bad genes?"

Andrew Crest
Mar 21st, 2008, 09:17:21 PM
“Yeah, I gotcha. Living the night life must really take more work that it sounds.” The two at the counter both laughed. “You getting the regular?”
<o></o>
Andrew nodded earnestly “Yeah…..oh hey, Jeff. Ya mind throwing in a bit of that rum you’ve got hiding back there?” The mutant grinned as the old man just shook his head and started making the brew. Premium roast cappuccino with a dash of hazelnut flavoring and all the foam on top (Late for a healthy dose a caffeine? Maybe, but he’d probably end up cleaning up at back at the Haven anyway so the more energy the better), a cold croissant sandwich, and a slice of chocolate bread.
<o></o>
Pure. Absolute. Heaven.
<o></o>
“Last I checked you were still underage, Andy.” But the man fished in the locked cabinet anyway. Hell if Andrew wanted to get wasted he had access to all the booze he wanted at back at the club. The rum just gave the cappuccino a good bite to it.
<o></o>
“So what’s new around here, Jeff?” Andy leaned his elbows against the counter and flicked his eyes over to the only other two customers in the place. Jeff caught the look from behind the grinding machine.
<o></o>
“Actually got offered to partner with one of the big-wig places close downtown. Bah, all those corporate owned SOBs is to rope you in and drain you for all your worth.”
<o></o>
The two kept up the random banter long enough to avoid getting the pair at the table suspicious and the now active machine drowned out sound at a distance.
<o></o>
“Haven’t seen the girl before. The kid’s been coming in for a few weeks, though. A vagabond, but I think he’s got a good heart. Gave one of my workers a scare with some weird street-talk, poor thing thought he was going to rob the place.” Jeff smiled at the notion, but he did get Andrew’s attention.

Greel
Mar 22nd, 2008, 08:15:26 AM
Greel was sure he saw a blurr from her hand. Was that a sign? Who knows. He had already taken the red pill. Or was it the blue? Greel was never good with remebering movie logistics. He planed to go with red. Taken the blue pill was a bit pervy anyway.

"I think kinda like yours....."

Greel rubbed his fingar togther while his hand stayed on the table. A black tar-like gunk was barely visible. He didn't think anyone was looking, but you never know to be honest. He changed shape. Maybe someone had super vison or something.

He was excited. Slab was a good guy, but he was still a cop and an adult. He said he understood, but it was a different time now. Greel didn't hear about The Brotherhood or Collins being active back int he day.

"So....how many others have you met?"

Echo
Mar 22nd, 2008, 01:03:11 PM
Echo watched his fingers as the black tar started forming between them. Her eyes narrow at the substance, trying to figure out exactly what it is. It then registered in her mind that he was serious about the 'Bad Genes' thing. He was another mutant. Another kid like her. She wasn't as alone as she thought. Her eyes almost seemed to light up at the idea that she could actually find more like her. She had thought they had all been assimilated into terrorist groups.

"So.. you really are... you know..? I havn't met any others until you. I mean, there was a girl in my Jr. High that they found out was a m.. um... had bad genes but her parents, I think, put her into home school, so I never really knew her."

She had started to get a bit excited and had raised her voice a bit, but noticed the increase in volume and quickly lowered it back down to barely a whisper.

"Do you know anyone else?"

Andrew Crest
Mar 22nd, 2008, 01:46:02 PM
Andrew was about to press Jeff further about what exactly had been overheard. But then the machine finished and…..
<o></o>
“… my Jr. High that they found out was a m.. um... had bad genes but her parents, I think, put her into home school, so I never really knew her."
<o></o>
Yeah, that pretty much gave things away…definitely mutant slang. It was a funny thing, though, the Haven kept contacts with a good number of the mutie gangs and even a handful of the morlocks, but these two never came up. But from the last bit it sounded like they were new to the ropes. And unfortunately that had the potential of being a danger to themselves.
<o></o>
“He now, can’t be getting suspicious of every one that speaks funny or the entire planets going down the drain.” Andrew collected his food and drink, giving Jeff a generous tip along with the bill. “Why don’t you throw their bill on my tab?”
<o></o>
The owner cocked an eyebrow at Andy. “Awfully generous of you. But sure, I guess.”
<o></o>
Grabbing the chow in both arms, he ambled his way across the restaurant. Closer to the two unknown mutants, Andrew hooked a chair with his foot and spun the seat to, promptly sat down, and dropped his late night meal down.
<o></o>
“Interesting dinner conversation ya got here. Don’t hear much freak-speak at midnight café dates.”

Greel
Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:13:42 PM
Freak-speak

The hell did this guy think he was? Greel felt the gunk start to form in his mouth. He could taste the acidic flavor. He could spit this stuff in the guys face and melt it off in a matter of seconds.

Slab had taught Greel a few things the past week. They experimented with his powers a bit. Nothing seemed to take more than a few moments. Skin, Bone, Steel, Concrete. Greel's slime/tar could eat it all. Doesn't matter what it is or was.

Greel didn't want trouble though. He accidently killed that kid in his school and didn't want to see it again. He still lost sleep. Humans were not suppost to look like puddles. After a few moments he force the gunk to break down in his mouth and fade away.

"Look man. We don't want trouble. We have a right to eat here just as much as you do....."

Greel didn't want to get violent, but if need be he would throw down. Even if he had to go fully into his other form and wrap around this guy and crush ever bone in his body. Lord knows he didn't want to though. Greel's heart raced and he almost felt dizzy. Please Lord....let these guy leave us alone.

Echo
Mar 22nd, 2008, 07:10:22 PM
Echo shrank back into her seat, trying to look as small and unintimidateing as possible. She didn't wan't to get anyone angry. Her eyes darted for the door, ready to run at the first sign of trouble again. Her eyes then moves back down to her hands which had returns, rather quickly, to her lap. Was this guy a mutant? Or one of those people that hates mutants and was always trying to hunt them down? She fiddled with her hands in her lap, growing increasingly more nervous the more the man sat beside her. At this point, she had pushed herself into the far corner of the booth.

"A.. alex.. maybe.. we should, um, go..?"

She looks up at Alexander, pleadingly. She really did not want trouble.

Andrew Crest
Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:30:01 PM
“Chill out dudes.” Andy smirked and took a bit out of his sandwich, man the thing was delicious. Not as good as the croissants that Nicole could make, but DAMN. As he tore a chunk of the savory food a purple sparks wrapped around his fingers and jolted into the sandwich.<o></o>

Andrew let it fall from his hands to the plate and….
<o></o>

CCCCRRRAAACCCKKKKKK-THUD<o></o>

Instead of stopping at the surface, the croissant smashed through the ceramic plate, leaving a pile of fragments behind and rattled the entire table…….and the floor…..and the nearby chairs. Unfortunate that he’d have to pay Jeff back for the plate, but it got the point across to the other two.
<o></o>
He pointed a finger from one to the other. “I take it you two are new to this whole blending in with humans thing” He didn’t really fear keeping his voice down, most of the workers were in the back and Jeff knew about Andrew’s…talents.
<o></o>
“More confidence and less pride will help you out there.” He held up the unharmed croissant and brushed off ceramic flakes. “Name’s Andrew.”

Greel
Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:36:58 AM
That was an odd power. Greel was still knew at this, but he guessed the guy controled the density somehow. Clever. That was a useful trick. Atleast the guy was the same as him and his dinner partner.

"My friends call me Alexander. You can call be Greel. Who do you work for? Collins or The Brotherhood. I am not going to lie. I am not to keen of either. I don't want to choose sides in a Gene War...."

Echo
Mar 24th, 2008, 02:37:49 PM
Jesse blinked at the broken plate, utterly at a loss for words. She leaned back in her seat, still stareing at it as Greel speaks to the man. Finally, she snaps back to reality and looks both of the men in the face. Now she was lost. Should she trust both of them or should she make a run for it. The whole situation had gotten a bit out of hand at this point. Her eyes dart to the kitchen and the workers, hopeing they hadn't seen what had happened. Finally, it was her turn for introductions.

"J..Jesse.. My name is Jesse."

Andrew Crest
Mar 26th, 2008, 12:22:04 AM
Andrew cocked an eye at the one who called himself greel. “Cullen’s? The Brotherhood? You’ve been around more than I though.” He picked up the cup of cappucino and practically inhaled the frothy foam on top. Saladin and his crew where pretty open about their intentions, hell two of Andrew’s friends had been swayed by the man’s charisma, but he seriously doubted that Greel knew who exactly the X-Men where. The Haven has the unfortunate privillige of having dealt with both before.

“Don’t work for either, not eveyone buys into this whole right and wrong, human and mutant bull.” Andrew hit the liquid and savored mixture of rum and coffee beans with a hint of hazelnut. “But it sounds like you’ve been talking with one or the other to be using that name.”

Andy glanced over at the girl. Poor Jesse looked like she was about ready to get up and bolt with her eyes nervously flicking all over the place.
“Hey, you okay?”

Greel
Mar 26th, 2008, 07:36:32 AM
"I got into a spot of trouble when I got my powers. Turns out if I loss my temper the gel I make turns acidic. Wasn't fun. When I went into hiding some I took another name to help stay low."

Greel was stopped there. He didn't want to scare Jessie any more. He could tell she was uneasy.

"What is The Haven?"

Echo
Mar 26th, 2008, 10:36:40 AM
She raises her eyes to look up at Andrew then looks away again. She had never been around other mutants before and wasn't sure how to react around them. She just nodded her head, confirming she was alright before looking out the window of the cafe, trying to find something to use as an excuse to not look at the two of them.

Andrew Crest
Mar 30th, 2008, 09:32:01 PM
Andy smiled at the mention of the Haven, this guy really had his head in the loop….to an extent anyway. He must have heard it from the Morlocks or something, a bit surprising though since the sewer-dwellers frowned upon the Haven; something about the Haven being equally receptive to the mutants non-gifted brothers turned them away.

“Haven is a club a few blocks down. I actually work at the place, good bunch of people and anyone’s pretty much accepted.” He put emphasis on the “anyone”; humans, mutants, whatever; as long as nobody caused trouble it was pretty much an open place.

Of course he left out the details of the thing, sharing messed up genes didn’t instantly garner trust in Andy’s opinion.

Andrew turned to Jesse and cocked his head, try to get eye contact with her. He felt a bit worried for her, the poor girl was beyond nervous.

“Hey, I don’t bite and I’m not lucky enough to have heat-ray vision or something. You don’t have to count the cracks in floor.”

He slid the untouched chocolate bread across the table to her as a friendly gesture.

“What’s you’re story, Jesse?”

Greel
Apr 2nd, 2008, 07:48:39 AM
Greel desided to order another drink. Had to get the taste out of his mouth. The downside to having the powers it the after taste.

Echo
Apr 6th, 2008, 10:17:23 PM
Jesse looks up at him then back down at the table.

"I.. don't really have a story. Just.. desided to leave. Figured my family didn't need to get mixed up in this kind of stuff and didn't want them to on my sake. So I left."

Andrew Crest
Apr 14th, 2008, 11:01:35 PM
Andrew leaned back in his seat, propping one leg up on the chair next to him. The mutant took a sip from his cappucino and cradled the warm frothy beverage in his hands.

“Sounds pretty noble. A lot of people like us run away because we’re ostracized, don’t see much of the other way around.”

His estimation of the girl went up a bit at the thought. Unfortunately despite thinking of her family, it seemed like she really didn’t have any idea where to go herself. Andrew knew the feeling, he and Nicole had wandered around for several months before running into the Haven.

“But what about you? I’m guessing you’re not used to being on your own. You formed any contacts, got sources for food or cash, have place to stay?”

If anything, Andrew learned that unless runnaways like Jesse figured out how to be self-sufficient, they’d turn up a corpse somewhere, mutant or not.

Echo
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:02:47 PM
She pauses for a long moment then shakes her head.

"No.. I mean, I know how to make money and I can get a job and all.. I was supose to meet a friend in the city, but I havn't been able to get in contact with them yet. I'm not sure what happened."

She looks around the cafe again then back to Andrew then shrugs.

"I guess I am not really sure what to do."

Andrew Crest
Apr 15th, 2008, 01:23:25 PM
Andrew glanced over at Greel grabbing something else to drink at the counter, briefly wondering if Jeff really would throw everything on his tab. He turned back towards Jesse with some sympathy showing.

“Plans all go to hell don’t they?” The cup raised to his lips and he took another swallow.

“Not trying to sound creepy here, but if you need a place to stay while you get in contact with your friend we always have room for guests at the Haven.”

He almost winced a bit at that, gods he almost sounded like one of those messed up internet stalkers or something. But his offer was sincere, the Haven was very accepting.

Echo
Apr 15th, 2008, 09:40:06 PM
She gives him an odd look, a bit confused.

"Whats the Haven?"

She looks over a greel then down at her drink. She stirred it a bit, wondering if she should actually know what The Haven was, being a mutant. Were some things supose to come instinctually? She supposed not. She takes another drink then looks back up at Andrew.

Andrew Crest
May 8th, 2008, 12:48:53 AM
Andrew cocked his head and his brows furrowed in confusion.
“Wow, you really were zoning out there, weren’t you?”

He laughed a little and shook his head. Though he really hadn’t explained much further about the Haven. Taking another bite from the sandwich, Andrew gestured with his arms and spoke around the food.

“Haven is a nightclub around here that has a pretty open policy about what they let in. But that part of it is just a front really, its more of a refugee for outcasts, both mutant and human. At least ones who don’t want to get caught up in this politics crap that’s been on the news for a while, the whole Brotherhood of Mutants against ‘Gene-traitors’ bit.”

“I’ve been with the group for about a year and a half now.”

Echo
May 8th, 2008, 12:54:20 AM
She listens to him intently, but stares at the table. When he finishes his explination, she raises her eyes to look up at him again. Her finger is making slow circles on the table top, playing with a bit of water that had formed there from her cold drink. It creates an odd sight, given that she is moving her hand slowly but it is still forming an odd ripple of her form behind her finger's movement. She doesn't seem to notice that she is doing it.

"So... its a place for people that don't want to choose a side? Like neutral territory or something?"

Andrew Crest
May 8th, 2008, 01:03:38 AM
Andy’s eyes shifted to the strange shimmer left behind as Jesse swirled her hand around; it wasn’t something the he’d seen before. He wondered what exactly her power was, whatever it was, it was obvious, no wonder she hid herself under the jacket.

His mind snapped back to the real as her question got through.

“I suppose you could say that. We do what works for us; human, mutant, we’re all just out here to survive, right? Like I said, some things might be ‘illegal’ according to the government, but at least it helps keep us under the radar and away from the nutcases.”

Echo
May 8th, 2008, 01:11:42 AM
She leans back in her seat and crosses her arms across her chest, considering for a moment. When she finally does speak again, she seems rather interested in the idea of this Haven.

"So.. what kind of illegal things do you guys do? Whats the place like?"

She seems a bit more comfortable now. Her posture relaxed a bit and she doesnt seem so tense. He could tell that it had probobly been a while sense she had just relaxed. She was still nervous but was getting a bit easier.

Andrew Crest
May 8th, 2008, 01:22:34 AM
Finally she was starting to open up, there was still a nervous twitch whenever a sound came from the kitchen or the order-up ring a bell chimed. But this was a good improvement and Andrew wore a smile.

“Ah ha, so it’s the shady stuff that gets you interested.” Andrew leaned back with his hands behind his head and glanced around the place. Jeff had a decent place running, but Andy didn’t quite trust that some people weren’t snooping.

“Fudging papers, bypassing registration laws, fraud, hacking private networks, probably violating some gun laws; you know on top of robbing banks and burning down old houses for fun.” Andrew’s expression told her the last part was a joke.

Echo
May 8th, 2008, 04:46:13 PM
She looks a bit shocked at him insenuating that she is into criminal acts. She shakes her head quickly.

"No no. I just.. don't want to get into trouble with the cops or anything..."

She sighs and looks down.

"The system would probobly love to get me back in their grasps anyways."

She shrugs then looks back up at him.

"So where is it located?"

Andrew Crest
May 9th, 2008, 12:11:39 AM
“Hey avoiding the fuzz is what we do.” The Haven did its best to avoid any contact with the police, it was a bit difficult without having a telepath around to help re-write memories, but so far so good. Of course there was the extreme case where some idiot psycho had killed another guy at the bar on reoppening night.

Thank god the victim had a clone-mutation or something and there wasn’t an actual death. But jeez that had been close. It had cause a huge scare and kept a lot of people at bay, but Andrew made sure that the murdering freak wouldn't be bothering the Haven again.

“Its at 2142 Woodbury Avenue if your interested at all. We’d be happy to give you a place to stay until you get things sorted out. Warm beds and decent meal has to be a step up from living on the streets.”