PDA

View Full Version : Time for a throw-down in London, X-Men assemble ASAP

Veritas
Mar 17th, 2008, 10:35:10 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17714

Ok guys, enough holding hands and skipping to merry happy gumdrop smiles. This isn't Real World - Cullen Institute, it's X-MEN.

Now get out there and go kick some brotherhood butt!!!

Droo
Mar 17th, 2008, 10:37:09 PM
YEAH! You idiots!

Spectre
Mar 17th, 2008, 10:40:00 PM
I'm all over you, Ghost boy.. Prepare to goo yourself. :D

Karl Valten
Mar 18th, 2008, 06:59:33 AM
Oohhhhhh, BRING IT. I wants to make x-men go squish.

Dragon
Mar 18th, 2008, 08:03:43 AM
Yikes, I already have two characters in this thread! Someone back me up, please!

(Revs up the Blackbird)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 18th, 2008, 08:25:51 AM
Hmmm, who should I throw into the mix...

Dragon
Mar 18th, 2008, 08:43:35 AM
How about to increase the pool of available X-Men, we throw open the possibility of some of the students we've already discussed coming along?

Of course, that mainly means repeats for people who already have characters in the thread, but, hey, Ghost is already there...

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 18th, 2008, 02:37:13 PM
Argh - I can join this after my test but not before :(

Dragon
Mar 18th, 2008, 10:48:58 PM
We'll hold open a spot for you, fearless leader!

Spectre
Mar 18th, 2008, 10:53:13 PM
No we will not! Take them out while their leader is down! Kick em where it counts! MUTANT LIBERATION!

:o

I mean, of course.. We wait...:D

Hmmm, who should I throw into the mix...

:mischief

Saladin
Mar 18th, 2008, 11:12:03 PM
Oh, yes. We'll save a place for you, dear Ethan. :evil

Wait a minute, I'm getting the weirdest feeling of deja vu...

But seriously, I don't think we need to wait, per se. We can either auto Ethan along and assume he's in the X-Jet with the rest of us, or we can find an excuse for why he's not with the team from the outset - he's coordinating some other phase of the operation, perhaps. He can make his dramatic entrance later in the action.

I'd be up for a one-on-one confrontation between Ion and Saladin as part of the endgame. :)

Spectre
Mar 18th, 2008, 11:15:00 PM
I'd be up for a one-on-one confrontation between Ion and Saladin as part of the endgame. :)

^ that would be awesome!:D:D:D

Karl Valten
Mar 18th, 2008, 11:17:16 PM
Oh hell. Arsenal wants a mono e mono against Dragon without a doubt. Maybe after roughing up the poor newbies.

Anywho, joined in on the brotherhood side of things.>D

Dragon
Mar 21st, 2008, 10:20:37 AM
The Blackbird is in the sky, thanks to Batdude. Other X-Men in attendance can stand and be counted. I was figuring since this is the first mission for the students, they should all be teamed up with teachers for safey, either one-on-one or in small groups, depending on how the numbers shake out. We can work that out as we go. :)

When we get to the battle, I see it shaking down into a lot of small matchups. Posting order wouldn't really be important except within those little skirmishes. As for atmosphere and setting, I'm thinking the Morlock levels from the X-Men Legends games? Good old sewer fights.

Arsenal: I hope you have room in storage for a severe beat-down!

Carlos Calaveras
Mar 21st, 2008, 10:57:47 AM
Hey, Brotherhood - watch your back, you goons. I'm comin' for ya!

Spectre
Mar 21st, 2008, 12:10:01 PM
Oh really?

Where's Mute?

Sic' em! :D

Maxine Flannery
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:35:59 PM
I guess I should just face the fact there's no way I can keep up, so I'm dropping out. :(

Dragon
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:43:44 PM
Not from the whole X-Men setting??? :(:(:(

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 27th, 2008, 03:48:13 PM
I dunno. I'd love to be a part of it, but right now my online time is so frelled up there's just no way I can post on the daily basis I'd need just to keep up in group threads, and it's unfair to ask you guys to wait for me either. So I kinda have to give it up. =/

Droo
Mar 27th, 2008, 04:24:23 PM
Not really. Just wait until you are able to be online more and then start hopping in to suit your leisure.

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 27th, 2008, 04:27:39 PM
Yeah, but this thread already has someone flying the blackbird, so meh. I'm not gonna bother. I'm just a support char anyway.

Droo
Mar 27th, 2008, 04:32:41 PM
I didn't mean in this thread, if your situation hasn't changed, I just meant in general. Sure you mightn't be able to roleplay enough to keep up with threads currently but it won't always be that way. Patience, my young padawan!

Jacinda Blake
Mar 27th, 2008, 05:47:40 PM
Bah Max lives vicariously through us in your absense. I know she's been mentioned in most of the threads I'm in, so we're keeping her in the mix and when you have time to play her again without undue stress that will be awesome, but don't bail! :hug

I'd misses Max! :(

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 27th, 2008, 05:57:37 PM
Thankies. I'll try hang in there then. :)

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 27th, 2008, 06:06:54 PM
Kitty - Ethan's one of the leaders :lol I am as lost as you are.

damn school :grumble

Dragon
Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:33:27 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know that there's a lot for most of the X-Men to do until we get down in the tunnels and actually start fighting... but I was thinking we could start setting things up for that?

Seems we have enough people we could split into two search teams. I know Carlos and Jacinda are probably going to work best together, and Carlos plus Locksmith is always a bad idea, so here's what I was thinking:

Team 1:
Dragon
Masque
Coyote
Tempest

Team 2:
Locksmith
Slab
Batdude
Pan, if he's coming?

One stealthy team with long-range firepower (in the form of wind-propelled fireballs), one team of big heavies with an advantage of sonar detection. I figure one team could run into Arsenal and Neutron, one team could run into Zero or some Brotherhood traps? And meanwhile Ghost will be palling around with Saladin and company with the other recruits and looking for a way to slip Midridge out unnoticed.

Just a rough sketch. Suggestions welcome.

EDIT

Been discussing things with Slab and decided to divide up the tanks like so:

Team 1:
Dragon
Locksmith
Coyote
Tempest

Team 2:
Masque
Slab
Batdude
Pan, if he's coming?

Team 1 is the main offensive threat. Team 2 can scout ahead for recon. Batdude looks more like the type of mutants that would be hiding underground, and Masque could easily make herself look like an undergrounder herself, and so could Slab when he rocks out. They could try to get information out of some of the locals as they scout ahead.

This does put Locksmith with Carlos, but, hey - we need comedy, right? :)

RiffWrath
Apr 7th, 2008, 07:14:05 PM
Ah, yes. Sometimes comedy's necessary, even in very tense situations... ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 8th, 2008, 11:01:58 AM
I like the second idea better, definitely :)

Dragon
Apr 17th, 2008, 01:34:55 PM
It seems that Marty's still in the air and echolocating us a map. Perhaps he'll find a way underground later. Since that brings us down to six X-Men underground, we'd probably better stick together, with the possibility of Masque scouting ahead disguised as Spectre. :)

Though possibly someone who wouldn't be recognizeable could run along with her to give her support.

Damien E. Dervish
Apr 29th, 2008, 11:39:31 AM
Is that a hint for Slab? I'll DO it! :lol

Veronica
May 4th, 2008, 12:11:08 PM
One of you X-punks post before I give you new ways to breathe.

Dragon
May 4th, 2008, 05:40:36 PM
I think we're waiting on Droo to collide us with Brotherhood London before splitting up and running into Saladin's group?

Spectre
May 4th, 2008, 06:32:59 PM
-cackles- :D:D:D

Veronica
May 28th, 2008, 11:07:11 PM
Droo is a horrible jerk and NEEDS TO POST.

Droo
May 29th, 2008, 03:19:27 AM
Agreed. I'll get on it.

Razielle Alastor
May 29th, 2008, 08:27:05 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :eee

Batdude
May 29th, 2008, 10:29:25 PM
There he is!

Tess Abrahams
May 29th, 2008, 10:30:54 PM
Quick! Tie him down before he escapes again! ;)

Droo
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:33:47 PM
I haven't forgotten about this. Things are seriously hectic for me at the moment and I'm trying to get on top of it all, leaving very little time for anything else. Having said that, as soon as I can I'll reply to all outstanding threads. Please bare with me.

Tess Abrahams
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:38:17 PM
*undresses*

;)

Seriously tho, hope things get back to an even keel soon.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 9th, 2008, 11:43:05 PM
Droo where are you :(