PDA

View Full Version : Idle hands

Bambi Maddox
Mar 15th, 2008, 10:15:06 PM
Maddox leaned back in her chair, one booted foot slung over the back of a second chair, bending her leg in perfect downward "v" angle at the knee.

Bored, she threw her dagger to stab its point, for the umpteenth time, firmly into the wooden tabletop she slouched against, its leatherbound hilt rocking stiffly to an eventual stop. If the repetitive thud-whrrrrrr was annoying anyone, Maddox couldn't care less. She would welcome a complaint, in fact.

She pulled the blade once more from the marred wood and another flick of her wrist, thud-whrrrrrr.

Maddox looked about the room. Wasn't anyone gonna complain?

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 17th, 2008, 07:06:48 PM
:: Sorsha leaned in the doorway ::

"You seem bored. Maybe I'm paying you too much."

:: There was an obvious teasing grin on her face as she said it ::

Bambi Maddox
Mar 18th, 2008, 07:59:02 PM
Maddox twisted round at the sound of Sorsha's voice, hoisting her leg off the chair to sit more respectfully in her boss's company.

"I'd like to earn my keep a little more than I been doin' boss, truth be told"

Bambi enjoyed leisure time as much as the next person, but it didn't take long for her to start gettin' twitchy for something to do.

Xel-Naga
Mar 20th, 2008, 12:46:31 AM
"You could always throw me out another window if your bored," Xel said as he stepped into the room. His movements were short and stiff, like his legs bones were welded together. He was having a hard time getting used to his new legs, but he was up. What more could anyone ask for? Sure he wasn't going to be running around shooting people's heads off like he usually did, but he could hobble around and at least get out of his bed. The few days laying down in the hospital had been too long for him. The doctors wanted to keep him around, but he did not give them a choice when he left the hospital without their permission. There was some talk about tests and some kind of physical therapy to help him adapt to his new legs, but he would much rather be out of that mad house.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything." He said with a amused look. In his hand was a half-empty bottle of Corvus brand beer. The thing about Hospitals; no beer. He was making up for the lost time and was a bit tipsy at the moment.

Bambi Maddox
Mar 22nd, 2008, 10:06:24 PM
"Hello Sunshine" Maddox smiled brightly at Naga. She, for one, held no grudges against him. He'd been punished for his antics against Sorsha and it was done.

"Frankie says "Hi"

Yet, she was not above a little teasing just for the hell of it.

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 27th, 2008, 02:34:47 PM
"It just so happens I have a contract for you."

:: She turned her attention to Xel as he entered the room ::

"Well, nice to see you walking again."

:: Her smile was genuine, and she reached out to touch Xel on the shoulder, as though nothing ill happened between them ::

Xel-Naga
Mar 27th, 2008, 10:36:09 PM
"Waddling like a frackin duck, you mean," he said, with an amused look on his face and a weak grin on his lips. Yeah, it had taken a lot of guts to walk into this room, to face these two specific people again. But to hell with it. He's bloody Xel-Naga after all. He faces his demons, even if they take the form of two rather attractive, even if murderous, women. But hey! The sun was shining somewhere and no one has widdled in his beer. It was a good day.

"Tell Frank I still think he's an ugly bastard," he replied to Maddox's snide comment.

Bambi Maddox
Apr 12th, 2008, 07:46:25 PM
"I'll pass that on" she assured Naga with a grin, then becoming serious, she addressed her boss, "A contract for me? Just tell me the who and the when"