PDA

View Full Version : Inquiries of Association

Y'roth Helghast
Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:13:51 PM
Helghast, from an outward view, would've appeared to have been staring at a wall for the most of his morning so far. In reality, he had been reviewing the in depth file the Inquisitoriate kept on its personnel. The particular file in question had been reviewed several times by Helghast already and the orders had already been signed and approved.

Rossos Atrapes was the prime candidate to substitute Inquisitor Helghast in his absence. There was a list though, and if IMP determined that within Helghast's standards, Atrapes might fail, then the next in line would take his place. Helghast had too many faculties to be managed properly that he could not afford a weak replacement until his return. Progress in the name of the Empire would not be hindered by its own organs.

Inquisitor Atrapes was on his way to meet with Helghast in order that Rossos might be given a quick brief and that Y'roth might personally assess the man. In fact, Helghast knew exactly where the other Inquisitor was at the moment, within the Citadel. Through IMP, Helghast was nearly omniscent on the Imperial Capital of Coruscant. Rather, the Inquisitoriate was, and as it should be.

Rossos Atrapes
Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:45:47 PM
The standard uniform for an Inquisitor rested easily on his shoulders; despite the fact that he had worn it but few times, and mostly within the Citadel. His boots thudded dully with each step he took, the sound waves bouncing off the walls and back to him.

It had been a week since the incidents at the planet of Raxus Prime, and he had not heard of the group since; though he made sure that the various agents of the Empire would keep a look-out for people matching their descriptions.

He had barely time to stand in front of the door to Helghast's office before it opened with a barely audible hiss. Rossos entered, and bowed slightly.

"Inquisitor Helghast," he said, keeping his eyes from roaming the room again. He had already given a cursory examination of the room, and another would only hinder any conversation they had with undue suspicions on both their parts. "Inquisitor Rossos, reporting as you wished."

Y'roth Helghast
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:12:43 PM
The office was more or less void of any signs of human life. Nothing hung on the walls, no pictures to be seen, no certificates of achievement or awards. There was a view to be had and that seemed the only remarkable thing of the office besides the man, who also appeared void of any humanity, sitting at the obsidian desk.

"Inquisitor Rossos. You are my prime candidate to assume my Inquisitor functions while I am away. Do you object?"

Helghast stood from his chair to his imposing height, looming above most men. Helghast wore the black Imperial uniform with no rank or commendations, simply the Inquisitoriate emblem above his left breast and his right shoulder. And as simple as it was, it fit him like the malevolence that the Inquisitoriate was meant to convey to the galaxy. His skin was pale, of which was only visible to from his neck and up. Black wires ran beneath his skin like veins and his jet black hair was slicked back from his forehead. The red glowing eye rested on Rossos, examining the man, sizing him up, at every level.

Rossos Atrapes
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:51:41 PM
Rossos remained still while the red-eye most assuredly scanned him. As an Inquisitor, and in truth a good one, Rossos had nothing to fear.

As compared to Inquisitor Helghast, Rossos looked quite personable and not very intimidating. He had tousled hair and a well trimmed beard, and slightly narrow brown eyes, the colour of brown earth. When he spoke however, his gravelly voice purposefully reverberated with the Force, subtly influencing those who listened to agree or follow his directions, or to become afraid and panic simply from the sound waves. He did not use this ability with Inquisitor Helghast, however; there was no need, and Rossos was far from foolish enough to try and do so.

He was not nearly as tall, either, nor as well "built", in either sense of the term. He did, however, have a small implant that could connect with the mainfram computer if needed; it would react to his focussed orders and give them in series of electrical relays and chemical balancing to relay the information, which he would theoretically receive in a 'telepathic manner'. The only way Rossos could hope to understand such information as given by IMP, whether in the Helghast's position, or merely as a way for a Hunter to keep in efficient touch with the Citadel, was through the use of the Force.

This implant was very new, however, and he was not yet hooked up to the mainframe computer.

"Inquisitor Rossos. You are my prime candidate to assume my Inquisitor functions while I am away. Do you object?"

Rossos gave no indication of pride or satisfaction; only the slight rasing of his left eyebrow was the response. "I do not object, Inquisitor Helghast. I accept the honour of performing your duties until your return. May I inquire as to your activities while you are away?"

Y'roth Helghast
Mar 5th, 2008, 03:01:40 PM
"I am under orders of the Grand Inquisitor. Otherwise, I will merely perpetuate my duties of ridding this galaxy of corruption."

It was a text book answer but still one that held within formalities without giving away anything much of value beyond the typical notion that Helghast was under orders of the Grand Inquisitor. Generally one did not simply ask where the commander of Project Nightmare was off to in the galaxy or for what. It was generally assumed that if that was the case, then Helghast already had a list of names of people who would be dead in the near future. But in truth, Helghast had an assortment of things to accomplish, ranging from obliterating the population from Hera Drenkast's home planet to acquiring lost artifacts of the late Emperor for the soon to be Emperess.

"Your services are appreciated and your willingness to comply is noted. IMP will be available at your convenience as well as a platoon of Inquisitoriate troops using the new general grade power suits. Agents Reyok and Lang of Project Nightmare will be remaining behind in case a situation arises in need of their specialties. Any other questions, Inquiisitor?"

Rossos Atrapes
Mar 5th, 2008, 03:16:34 PM
Rossos shook his head. "I have none, Inquisitor. May your assignments be successful and for the greater benefit of the Empire."

Mentally, he was already listing what he would have to do to get situated in the Citadel now. Orchestrate a meeting with Agents Reyok and Lang, look in on the Inquisitoriate troops, and comb through the reports on the movements of undesirables within Imperial Centre.

"There is much to be done," he said.