PDA

View Full Version : Starship Troopers 3: Marauder

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 27th, 2008, 02:52:23 PM
<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_woGjV_q8fM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Hmmm. I didn't even know there had been a Starship Troopers 2... And, if they're going to make another movie with giant bug things are the enemy, why can't we have a movie version of Ender's Game? :(

Droo
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:41:44 PM
The second one was one of the worst films I've ever seen. At least Johnny Rico's back in this one and it looks a bit better than the first sequel, but not by much.

Veritas
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:26:47 PM
I love to hate that book. Heinlein is such an unfeeling lizard person. If he'd only have awful sex with Ayn Rand they could spawn the Antichrist I'm sure.

Vince
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:07:09 PM
I love to hate that book. Heinlein is such an unfeeling lizard person. If he'd only have awful sex with Ayn Rand they could spawn the Antichrist I'm sure.

...Thank you. Thank you for that imagery. :x

I enjoyed the first one, though the red-head's boobies were a bit too small. Her death though, was wine and cheese all the way. I felt positively french watching half the movie. And that was a good feeling. :)

This one seems much more like the first one, especially with all the cheesiness, and my favourite aspects, the newsreels. It looks like fun, especially now that Casper's back in it. Now if only Dookie Howzer joins, it would be perfect.

Veritas
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:16:17 PM
You know, it would be nice if they eventually got power armor. Somehow the only redeeming part of the book, they neglect to include.

Crystal
Feb 28th, 2008, 03:41:46 PM
I loved Starship Troopers, one of my top favorite movies... at least the first one. I couldn't even get through ten minutes of the second movie and I tried pretty hard. This looks slightly better, but still unwatchable.

Casper Van Dien's career since the first movie has mostly been "Sci-fi Channel Orginals" and other made for TV movies. I do not have hope for this.

:(

Wyl Staedtler
Mar 3rd, 2008, 01:38:41 AM
... why can't we have a movie version of Ender's Game? :(

Word. That would be wicked.

Crusader
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:47:25 AM
The second ST was not really a Starship Trooper Film to me except for the first and the last few scenes.
All in all it was a more or LESS mediocre sci-fi/horror flick based on the ST franchise.
I think I will be watching this one because I love the movie and the book as well.

Peter McCoy
Mar 3rd, 2008, 04:43:27 PM
It's the closest thing to an Aliens I'll see any time soon, so I'll probably go see it. Looks fun. But makes me long for Starcraft 2 even more.

Now a Starcraft movie would be sweet as hell! Bruce Willis would make a pretty good Jim Raynor. I wonder who could be Kerrigan.