PDA

View Full Version : Felix Fletcher, the Feist (X-Men)

Flux
Feb 24th, 2008, 12:00:28 AM
Felix Franklin Fletcher woke up at 8 AM on a Saturday morning and rolled grumpily out of bed. He pushed his brown hair out of his eyes and stumbled into the bathroom, used it, and managed to make it downstairs to the kitchen without tripping over himself. He grabbed some cereal out of the cabinet and sloppily poured himself a bowl, snatched a spoon out of the silverware drawer and began to eat right at the counter, without bothering to sit or get milk. His mother came in behind him and hugged him tight, pressing a hand to his forehead to check his temperature.

"Sweetie, you're burning up. You're sure you don't wanna go to the doctor?" she asked, rubbing his back and shoulders. "You've been like this for nearly nine days. Felix shook his head, regretting it as his headache worsened.

"Uh...I'm fine," he lied. His head felt like his brain was trying to blow it up from the inside, and he'd been experiencing pain straight down his back, along his spinal column, since the headache started. He'd ignored it for the first few days, then started taking tylenol as often as he could, and then finally just went to bed to try and rest it away. Nothing helped, and he refused to go to the doctor for it. Something about the pain...just didn't seem natural. "I, uh...I think I'm gonna go out. I missed a ton of school and I need to get my homework from my friends."

"But Felix, I can just call them and have them bring it here. You need to at least rest some more!" But Felix just put the bowl and it's half-eaten cereal into the sink and shook his head again in protest.

"I'd rather go out and deal with the headache than stay cooped up in my room anymore. I'm so sick of network TV." He tripped up the stairs and managed to get into some casual wear without further incident, then made it outside into the sun. It was dazzling; he hadn't realized just how dark it was inside his house. He walked north three blocks, letting the other pedestrians avoid him as best they could, and prepared to cross a street. He looked both ways, as he was supposed to, and started walking.

Felix was only halfway across when suddenly a car rounded the corner and came speeding toward him chased by a police car. For a moment, he saw everything in slow motion; the masked gunmen bearing down on him in their crappy sedan, the considerably more sporty police vehicle a few meters behind, and in that instant, he knew he was dead. The pain flared inside him, and he raised his arms to his head to suppress the sensation and brace himself to die...but there was no collision.

A tremendous crashing noise behind him forced him to open his eyes and see what had become of the cars. He spun to see both vehicles stuck together as if they'd been coated in glue, with several street lights and road signs attached in haphazard fashion. Other pedestrians had stopped to gawk at the event, and Felix fell to his knees in shock at being alive.

"What...how...I wubbafleh...HUH?" he stuttered, gesturing at the wreck. "I don't get it!" As he pointed, the bus stop next to him bent towards the cars, influenced by the same unseen force that held all the metal together. He didn't notice, nor did it occur to him that the pain that had crippled him for the past week and a half had mysteriously ceased to be.

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 24th, 2008, 02:05:05 AM
He knew what he was, though he'd be much obliged if one were to not shout it out loud if they knew.

And few knew. So very few.

At first, when he was a child, he had thought he was a Jedi, gifted with the Force. His parents were mystified, and though both were rather staid Catholics, they were also open-minded, and didn't call the priest to perform an exorcism.

He had learned to use his gift sparsely and never in public from his father. Despite being proud of his son's talents, he was severely off-set by them, and though he never said it, Justinian knew that his father was relieved when he stopped using them about the house.

Later, he realised that he wasn't gifted, but a mutant. Something unnatural. His self-image deteriorated as he debated with himself whether he was still even human or not.

This, happily enough, was not one of those days. Frances chattered along happily beside him as they walked to school, and he stayed to watch her enter the elementary school building, drawing comfort that she seemed to be as normal as they come.

It was as he was walking home, enjoying a cigarette while his sister wasn't there to use her big doe eyes on him and make him stub it out and throw it away (in a garbage can!), that he witnessed it. Some kid (though he didn't look much younger than himself to tell the truth) had stopped in the middle of the street, just as a a high speed chase decided to use him as a speed bump.

He debated using his 'gifts' to make the kid trip and fall out of the way, but in the end, it didn't really seem necessary.

"I don't get it!" the kid yelled, and Justinian hurried over to him.

"Get up, kid," he muttered to him, grabbing him by the arm and hauling up so the kid could stand. "You don't wanna be standing around when this hits the fan, you get my meaning?"

Flux
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:48:18 PM
"What?"

Felix shook off Justinian's hand, stepping back and dragging the bus stop with him. At last, he noticed what had happened.

"Oh my God! What!?"

The pieces fell into place. When he'd raised his arms, he'd caused the cars to fly over his head and stick together. That's why he wasn't dead, and may even be why his head didn't hurt anymore.

"I'm magnetic?"

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:34:16 PM
Justinian backed away, the beginnings of a head-ache forming. "I don't know, kid," he said, looking around. If the kid was willing to be found at the scene, that was his business. He had Frances to look after, and wasn't willing to be chased.

"Really, I don't care. All I'm saying is that you don't wanna be found here when the cops come round. Hear me?"

Flux
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:04:54 AM
"Dude, they're here." he answered, pointing at where the dazed and confused police officers were hauling themselves out of their incapacitated car. "I gotta...oh man."

The cops had seen him standing there. "Kid! You okay?" called one, who clearly hadn't realized that the wreck and destroyed bus stop were Felix's fault. Felix froze up for a brief moment, then turned and ran back the way he'd come, heading into the first alleyway he saw.

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:06:27 PM
The cop who had been driving shook his head, blinking as he watched the kid run off. He turned and looked at Justinian, who looked right back at him. He shrugged.

"I just wanted to see if he was alright," he said. The cops blinked, a blank look coming into their eyes. "Turns out that the robbers here saw the kid and hit the brakes too hard, and you guys slammed into them. The kid ran off before you guys managed to leave the car. You never saw me, nor anyone who looked like me here."

The cops nodded absently, their eyes still unfocussed. Justinian nodded, and turned to follow after the kid.

Turning into the alleyway, he reached out for any sense of the kid. Someone like that shouldn't be on the loose; not without having gotten some sort of "talk". Justinian winced at the bad pun. There!

He took off at a run, subconsciously boosting his endurance and lengthening his stride. It took a few moments, but he caught a short sight of the kid just as he turned another corner.

"Oy! You! Kid! Wait up!" he called.

Flux
Feb 26th, 2008, 10:53:44 AM
Justinian found Felix trying in vain to climb a wooden fence separating the alley in two. His worn-out shoes weren't finding any purchase, so the boy dropped down and spun to face his follower.

"Man, what the hell? Do you have any clue what's going on right now? I can make magnetism with...with my brain! Like, I'm ionizing metal or something! And you'd think people would, like, run away from the crazy nutbar scrawny human-refridgerator-magnet kid. Why are you following me around? What happened to those cops?"

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 26th, 2008, 11:46:13 AM
Justinian hadn't made an effort to exercise in a while, and so was breathing a bit heavily when the kid stopped trying to climb the fence.

"Listen kid," he said, taking a deep breath, "Try asking one question at a time, alright? And no more running!"

He turned and leaned against the alley wall. So much for an uneventful day...

"I have no clue what the hell's goin' on with ya kid, but I'm sorta in the same boat," he paused, "Or was in the same boat. And that's why I followed you..."

Justinian finally caught his breath. "...'Cause I wanted to see if you were alright. You looked pretty shaken up. And don't worry about the cops, they're fine. I made sure they wouldn't be asking any questions about you, or more importantly, me."

Flux
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:41:00 PM
"Well, so long as you're anonymous, Mr. Normal Guy. You didn't just have a crazy display of, of..." Felix didn't wanna say it, didn't dare say it, but the word wouldn't stay suppressed "Mutantcy!"

Felix slid down the fence and shoved his hair out of his eyes. Mutantcy. Every time the word popped up on the TV since the whole discovery, or whatever, of mutants happened, his mother has jumped as if she'd been struck. His father pretended to ignore it, but Felix could tell it bothered him. There'd been rumors that someone at his job was a mutant.

"And now I am one!" he said, suddenly voicing his train of thought. "What am I gonna do? What if I spaz out again and stick the whole house together? Oh God, if I erase the drives on my mom's computer she'll kill me."

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:09:00 PM
Justinian snorted. "Yeah, normal. Me. Funny, kid."

He sighed, and watched the kid moan for a few moments. He could relate to the kid now, though when he had first developed his powers, Justinian had been ecstatic. Now, though, all he wanted was to be safely anonymous within the general population, for the sake of his little sister.

"If ya wanna know, I'm a mutant too," he said finally. "And there are things you can do, people who can help you control that little problem of yours, though don't ask me for particulars. I try to stay away from all that stuff; I got responsibilities, kid." Justinian gave the kid another long look.

"I think I might know someone who can help you out, if you want it."

Flux
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:33:24 PM
"Really," Felix answered, making a concious effort not to say "what". Any more of that, and Samuel L. Jackson is going to get so mad. "Is it a government agent who wants to lock me up forever? A crazy scientist who wants to experiment on me? Well, I guess if it was like a crazy scientist hottie I'd be okay with some experimenting, but yeah." He nodded, feeling a little calmer after his stupid joke. "Yeah. Crazy science hottie."

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:45:29 PM
"Crazy Government Science Hottie?" Justinian said, raising an eyebrow, and pulling a cigarette pack out of his pocket, along with a lighter. "Kid, if I had connections to one of those, you wouldn't be talking with me here."

He grinned, and took a long drag, letting the cancerous smoke slowly billow out his mouth after a moment. "You interested?"

Flux
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:23:19 PM
"I don't know," Felix admitted after a few long moments. "If I just disappear my parents will die of worry, especially since I left the house with a headache that made me feel like my head was gonna literally explode. I mean, I guess if I could meet this person somewhere kinda out in the open, but like...we wouldn't be overheard talking about...y'know, I'd be fine with that. For now."

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:16:11 PM
"Well, I'm going to have to call him, but you shouldn't need to disappear," Justinian replied after a moment. "But I'm going to have to make sure that he's in town."

He pulled out a mobile phone and began dialling.

Andrew Crest
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:14:35 AM
“Yo , someone give me a hand with the electronics over here!!”

“Jack, you don’t get that sound system running solo by noon, I’m going to have Kevin use you as the ground!”

“Love you too, boss-lady!”

Andrew shook his head at Jack, “Sparks” to his friends, the poor guys feet were sticking out from under the mess of wires that were the new sound board. And then a sharp jab in the back reminded him that he was hauling a good two hundred pound section of light fixture behind him.

The outwardly ramshackle warehouse, home to the nightclub simply called “The Haven”, filled with the shouting of hired hands trucking around heavy equipment and the grinding and hammering of makeshift jury-rigging. With normal lights the place looked like full-blown construction yard, which kinda matched the grungy-industrial theme that Jordan insisted on shooting for this time, but it still looked like crap.

And of course the boss had Andy doing menial labor, something about not being “qualified” for building half of what this mess was supposed to be.
But the ring tone of his cell at least gave him the opportunity to drop the load….and thoroughly tick of the guy holding the other end.

“Tank give the roadie here a lift, will ya. I gotta take this.”

Anything to get away from being everybody’s grunt. Andrew glanced at the caller ID before flipping the Razr open.

“Hey, Psych, haven’t heard from you in a while. Sup, dude?”

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:53:18 AM
Justinian smirked, even though he knew Andy couldn't see it. But then, Andy probably knew he was smirking anyway.

“Hey, Psych, haven’t heard from you in a while. Sup, dude?”

"I'm doing alright; laying low and all that, you know me," he replied, stubbing out his cigarette. "Though I watched a kid get out of being a speed bump by sticking one car onto another."

Andy remained silent, there wasn't much one could say to that. Justinian continued on before he could say something anyway.

"He's pretty freaked out; seems like whatever ability this kid has decided to show up with a bang. And you know I'm not good with this sorta thing, right? The kid needs help, and I was wond'ring if I could bring him 'round," Justinian stopped talking to light up another cigarette, and heard a bunch of loud noises in background.

"What the hell's goin' on over there? Remodelling or something?" he asked around the cigarette held between his teeth.

Andrew Crest
Feb 27th, 2008, 09:56:14 AM
Yeah, that one deserved a wince, Andy remember what happened when he first found his ability. Lot of kids these days were going through some pretty strange stuff.

“Remodeling is a bit of an understatement. You should see Jordan, she’s a freaking machine. We’re pretty much done, but grand reopening is tonight and the lights and speakers still need to go up.”

Andy ducked past Tank, who’d given up with team work and just put the whole fixture over his shoulder. Andy made his way towards the bar. At least that area was finished and quieter.

The Haven had gone through an incident a bit ago that had gotten a good portion of the place trashed. Newspapers reported it as gross vandalism or gang warfare or something. Man were they wrong about that.

“Anyway, I’m guessing the kid’s folks don’t know yet, probably not a bad thing at this point. Uhm, don’t know if Jordy-girl’s going to be happy about it, but I know you got your stuff to deal with. You need a lift over?”

Flux
Feb 27th, 2008, 10:36:36 AM
Felix could vaguely hear something coming out of the speaker on Justinian's phone. All he really knew was that it wasn't a crazy hottie of any description. He stood back up and leaned against the fence, feeling anxious about the whole situation.

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:01:03 PM
"You know, I've always suspected she was a robot in disguise," the telekinetic cracked. He didn't keep the humour up for long.

"Apparently they don't know," Justinian said, manipulating the cigarette from one corner of his mouth to the other. Just as he was finishing, the cigarette fell from his lips. It stopped suddenly in mid-air, hanging a few inches above the ground, and floated up to his mouth again.

"All the kid wants to do is talk. See what his options are; just like I pulled when I first came 'round, y'know? And yeah, we'll probably need a ride." Justinian paused, and asked quickly, "What car were ya plannin' on takin'?"

Andrew Crest
Feb 27th, 2008, 04:32:03 PM
Andy planted a hand on the bar counter and vaulted over the top. His shoes didn’t hit the top, Jordan would probably kill him. Personal, it probably wasn’t anything some polishing couldn’t take out…..again. Besides it was going to get plenty scuffed up anyway.

“ Was planning of taking the Stratus, why? Any idea as to what the kid actually does?”

Could be any number of things, really. Andy wasn’t a babysitter or a councilor, but the Haven could give the kid an opportunity to cool down. Banding together was the way to go these days it seemed and the crew at the Haven picked up their own share of renegades. Human or mutant, as long as someone didn’t wreck the place they were usually welcome.
Andy leaned back on the inside of the bar. Kid probably didn’t have a clue himself.

“Ah, nevermind. Where should I pick you guys up?

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 27th, 2008, 06:15:43 PM
Justinian shifted the phone to his other hand, and motioned for Felix to stand up. "We're on..." he paused for a moment, but didn't seem to do anything else before continuing, "King and Debrew; hey, there's a Taco Bell here! You want something, kid?"

"The kid thinks he's magnetic or somethin'," he said, and pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against. "The Stratus should be fine."

Andrew Crest
Feb 28th, 2008, 12:35:24 AM
King and Debrew…..King and Debrew……ah yeah. It took him a bit, but the general area was still familiar, kind of a longish drive through the city, though.

“Should take me about fifteen to over there, twenty if traffic’s bad.”
Andy paused for a bit, he knew Justinian well enough, but the other way around wasn’t exactly the same. The club wasn’t the only business that the core group of ‘Havenites’ ran. It wouldn’t be good if the kid attracted the wrong attention. Sure the Haven did its best to help out, but inviting the wrong eyes in was just plain bad.

“Watch your back, sounds to me like the kid might have started a ruckus smashing cars up in daylight. The fuzz aren’t the only ones keeping an eye out. See ya in fifteen.”

Andy flipped the cell close and stretched his arms out on the counter. At least the day was going to get more interesting than this.

“Waar isch dass gsi?” A pair of arms wrapped around Andrew from the other side of the bar. He smiled at the voice, leaning back into the awkward hug.
“Justinian. Er hat ‘a neue Mutant g’funge. Kind hat Zwoi Auto zerstort u so.” Andy turned around to the brunette beauty. “…Aus normalwiis, gau?” The two leaned across the bar and kissed.

“Bitte sags Jordan i bi huerti ‘us gange, Schaatz.”

Andrew reluctantly pulled away from Nicole and fished the car keys out of his pocket.

“Be back in a Jiffy.”

Flux
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:00:35 AM
Felix heaved himself up and followed Justinian out of the alley like a small animal going out to forage for food. He didn't feel safe just walking back out into the open, especially since the wreck hadn't quite been cleaned up yet.

Bystanders were gawking at the cars that still wouldn't come apart, and gazed in wonderment at the horribly mangled bus stop. Felix kept his head down and fixed his eyes on the backs of Justinian's shoes. The poor kid still couldn't believe he'd done all that.

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 28th, 2008, 04:51:55 PM
Justinian hadn't answered to Andy's last warning; but he did keep it in mind as they exited the alley and passed by the crowd gathering around the mangled cars and bus-stop.

"You look like you're tryin' to hide too much, kid," Justinian said, looking behind him and tossing the butt away. "Sometimes the best place to hide is right out in the open."

A fortunate side-effect of the matter was that traffic was stopped. Meaning that Justinian and Felix could cross the street without having to wait for the lights to change.

"You want somethin', kid?" he asked again, as he entered the Taco Bell.

Flux
Feb 28th, 2008, 07:48:30 PM
He wanted to politely decline the offer. However, the recent excitement and crappy breakfast had him feeling like he hadn't eaten in weeks.

"God, yes. A number 2 would so rule."

He got into the line behind Justinian and leaned on the metal guard rail, trying not to tense up as his hands touched it. This guy's right about hiding in plain sight. Felix kept himself steady and read the menu to focus himself away from thoughts of metal and magnetism. Maybe if he didn't think about it, it wouldn't happen.

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:03:37 PM
"Yeah, I'd like a large chalupa combo and a number two...and three soft tacos," Justinian said when they reached the front of the line.

Without seeming to give a thought to their surrounds, Justinian gave Felix another sideways look. "You ain't helpin' yourself by bein' all tense, kid.

"So you messed that stuff up. Big deal! Just make sure you don't do it again, and you should be fine. Andy should be able to help you out a bit, or one of the others he knows if he can't," Justinian fished out the needed change from his wallet, and paid the cashier, a bored looking teen girl with badly dyed hair.

Flux
Feb 28th, 2008, 09:22:57 PM
Felix appreciated the vagueness of the comment. For all the other patrons know, he failed a test or had a bit of misfortune with some girl. He really wished he'd failed a test or had misfortune with some girl.

"Yeah, I know, but...yeah. God, it's hard to think." He walked to the soda fountain, filled his cup, and wandered back over to wait on the food. "Is it always this rough?"

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:21:59 PM
"I try to stay away from most of the rough parts of it," Justinian said, roughly pounding the plastic lid onto his own cup. "I got responsibilities an' all that. When I first went through this, it wasn't nearly as bad, or as public."

Justinian took a long sip from his Dr. Pepper (God, he loved it). "But yeah, if you're asking if it gets easier, it does. Always gotta think about stuff after that; y'know, stuff you normally wouldn't have had to think through before."

The girl with the bad dye job pushed their order onto the counter. Justinian grabbed the tray, and gave her a grin and nod. "Thanks," he said, and grabbed the bags and the receipt.

Flux
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:43:55 PM
Felix followed Justinian, trying to think of the kinds of things he wouldn't normally have had to think through. Naturally, he couldn't think of them.

"Well, ok. I guess I'll take your word. When's your friend getting here?"

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 28th, 2008, 11:02:07 PM
"'Said fifteen minutes if traffic wasn't too bad," Justinian replied. "Listen, what was the first thing you were thinking about when you were in that place? You were hopin' that you weren't about to start freakin' out again, weren'tcha? Well, once ya get a hold of yourself, you've always gotta keep a mind on what your doin'. If I lose focus, I get one hell of a head-ache, and if it gets bad enough, I get knocked out for a while."

Justinian shook his head at the memory he had recalled.

Flux
Feb 29th, 2008, 12:28:38 PM
"So...basically if I'm not constantly concentrating on it, I'll lose it?" Felix asked, trying to be vague without being confusing. He unwrapped his meal and started eating, hoping he had interpreted the statement wrongly.

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 29th, 2008, 02:58:50 PM
"I ain't any good at this, am I?" Justinian sighed, pulling out his own food. "It ain't exactly like that. When your stressed out it is, though; least, that's what I got when I was learning this whole shtick. Bein' stressed out kinda frays ya, get it?"

Justinian tore into his food. "At first it's kinda like that, but as ya go on, it'll become easier. Ya know, like, I dunno, doing something over and over again. The more ya learn it, the better ya get, until you don't really have to think about doing it, get me? But there's still that part ya need to keep in control."

Flux
Mar 2nd, 2008, 02:29:04 PM
"Alright, I think I got it."

Felix popped open the lid on the little cup of liquid cheese that comes with the meals, poured it over his burrito and took another bite. He kept looking out towards the street, anxious for this contact to get here.

"You want the chips? I never eat 'em."

Andrew Crest
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:40:14 PM
“Good choice. Taco Bell is generally garbage in my opinion, but the cinnamon twists aren’t too bad.”
<o></o>
Andy plopped down in the booth next to Justinian. He got a grin out of making the two jump, his friends at the Haven were to used to him to even twitch anymore. Except for Sparks, but that guy was just high-strung as all hell most of the time.
<o></o>
“I’m Andrew.” Andy extended a hand across the table.

Justinian Janvrin
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:55:53 PM
Justinian rolled his eyes as the larger man sat next to him. "Y'know me, man. Food is food is food."

Flux
Mar 3rd, 2008, 07:47:43 AM
Felix was so badly startled he dropped his food. "Jeez. Good work there, pal." He shook the offered hand and then picked his food back up. "I'm Felix. You're the guy, huh?" What else could Felix call him? Most of what he wanted to ask, he couldn't in this setting.

Andrew Crest
Mar 9th, 2008, 10:59:36 PM
"The guy?" Andrew raised an eyebrow at the comment and turned towards Justinian. "I'm good man, but I think the title is pushing it."

He gave a light laugh, the humor was pushing it a bit too far. The poor kid looked like he was still a good bit freaked out. And if the urban artwork outside was Felix's doing, then he probably had a right to be worried.

"I don't know what Justinian's told you about me. I just know have connection and know a bunch of people that have similar....traits. We just take in people and help them out the best we can. Some leave, some stay, and some like Justinian here just keep in touch."

Flux
Mar 10th, 2008, 06:31:43 AM
"Like, what kind of connection and group and stuff? Is it like a safehouse, just a group that gets together every Wednesday to complain, what?" The idea of a support group or shelter for mutants had never occurred to him, but now that he'd thought of it, it made a degree of sense. Still, he wasn't sure he wanted to be any part of it.

Andrew Crest
Mar 10th, 2008, 08:44:05 AM
Andrew casually threw a glance around the restaurant. It could really be risky talking about things like this in the open. Not just because paranoid humans panicking and crapping their pants at the 'dangerous mutants', the Haven also wasn't on the best terms with some extremist mutant groups.

"This might not be the best place to talk about things. But I guess you could say we're a sancuary of sorts for anyone that needs it. We not a......legally sponsored institution if you want to call it that, but we do run an honest business to finance us. Everyone brings in their own skills and contacts."

Flux
Mar 10th, 2008, 10:17:17 AM
Felix managed to not look around as Andrew did, choosing instead to eat through the explanation. There were certain phrases in it that prompted Felix's next questions, which he asked in a lowered voice.

"Okay. It sounds pretty cool so far. Questions: Do I gotta leave my house to join up, and what do you mean by "legally sponsored institutions"?"

Andrew Crest
Mar 10th, 2008, 04:37:02 PM
“No no no no. No official memberships, no forms if that’s what you’re asking about. The government doesn’t sponsor us and neither does the city, we don’t have any trained professional teachers or anything like that.”
<o></o>
People always got the wrong first impression when he said something like ‘not legally sponsored’, he really needed to come up with new term. Andrew looked toward the fountain drinks, man that Dr. Pepper was really starting to look good.
<o></o>
The mutant lowered the volume a bit. “In fact we’re probably breaking a few laws by not registering with City Hall. But you know (Andrew gestured out the window), we’re trying to keep things on the down low. Trust me, you’re not only that has had….accidents”
<o></o>
Eh, screw it. He wasn’t in the mood for paying for a drink, not when he could get free drink down at the Haven.
<o></o>
“Only thing about bringing you on is…uh…you’re kinda young. What about your parental units?”

Flux
Mar 10th, 2008, 09:20:07 PM
Felix finished his meal and pushed the tray aside.

"Both of 'em are working, alive, well, very concernicus about me and my crazy future in college, even though I'm not even into my junior year at high school yet. They'll both go bananas if they find out about my, uh...unique talents, and I'd like to postpone that as long as I possibly can."

Justinian Janvrin
Mar 10th, 2008, 09:33:39 PM
Justinian had kept silent during most of the conversation, only doing a little salute and saying 'Yo,' when Andy discussed the different kinds of people who had ties to the Haven. By the time they had gotten to talking more, Justinian noted that all this secretive talk would ring a few bells in listeners' minds, if not the mutant bell. So, silently, he began to send out waves of telepathic signals to all the people sitting around them; sort of a little 'notice-me-not' spell, and not too strong either, strong enough to last fifteen minutes or so, and blow away after that. Justinian was not only well aware of the dangers of playing around in people's minds, but that was also some of the best he could do; he wasn't well versed in fine control of his powers.

"...I'd like to postpone that as long as I possibly can."

Justinian sniffed. "Iffy thing, secrets. Aren't they? When they find out, they'll think you've been lying to them about everything. So unless you plan on keeping them in the dark until they kick the bucket, I wouldn't recommend that."

Justinian sipped at his Dr. P, noting that he would have to get some more; he was nearly out. "But, then I don't got much better plans to offer, so it's still your ball, kid."

Flux
Mar 11th, 2008, 06:23:00 AM
"I know hiding it isn't helping, but I wanna figure out how to break it to 'em as easy as I can. Just make the whole thing go a little more smoothly than just randomly hitting them with it at the dinner table, or something." Felix drained what was left of his drink and looked at Andrew. "You got contact info for your crazy group thing? I might drop by and at least see what's going on."

Andrew Crest
Mar 11th, 2008, 11:48:46 PM
Andrew drummed his fingers on the booth, he agreed with what Justinian said to some extent. Then again Andrew had been on his own since he was seventeen, lying to family wasn’t such a big deal for him.
<o></o>
“I’d really recommend getting some control before you talk to anyone else. We could give you a hand with that.”
<o></o>
He grabbed one of those annoying mini-menus with all the stupid nutrition facts from holder and pulled a pen from his jacket pocket. Andrew wrote down the address and slid the card across the table, he hesitated a moment before jotting down his own cell number.
<o></o>

The Haven

2142 Woodbury Ave.
<o></o>
“You’ll probably run into one of the guys at the door. They’re not too keen on letting minors in, just tell them ‘Slug’ sent you.”
<o></o>
Andrew pocketed the pen again and glanced out the window to see how clean up was doing on the street. Looked like they got the wreck out of the road, but clean-up and investigators would be showing up soon.
<o></o>
“If you have the time, I could try to help you out temporarily. No guarantees, though, each of us are different.”

Flux
Mar 12th, 2008, 06:34:26 AM
Felix looked over the information and pocketed the card. "Nah, not right now. I'm still a little wigged out. I think I wanna just go home and try to relax a little. Just decompress, you know? But thanks for the offer, and the info."

Andrew Crest
Mar 22nd, 2008, 12:16:03 PM
Andrew nodded his head, his was understandable that the kid wanted to head back home. Familiarity and sense of security did have a way of calming a person down, but Andy had concerns about the degree of control Felix had over his powers.
<o></o>
Unfortunately Taco Bell really wasn’t the place to speak openly about such things. “Just be careful, find somewhere to practice. You need a lift back home?”

Flux
Mar 25th, 2008, 06:24:25 PM
"Nah, it's only a few blocks from here, and I need to go by my friends' houses and get the schoolwork I missed. I was, uh, under the weather a for a while before today." Felix disposed of his garbage and came back to the table to shake Justinian and Andrew's hands. "Thanks again, guys. I'll try to keep in touch you with. See ya." And with that he went into the world as a slightly more calm, collected mutant.

Justinian Janvrin
Mar 25th, 2008, 08:18:29 PM
Justinian finished inhaling his Dr. Pepper as he watched Felix leave the restaurant.

"Hm," he said, "Sorry 'bout calling you out here an' all that. The kid looked like he was about to explode unless he had someone to talk to."

Crumpling up the food wrappings, Justinian continued, "And like I said to the kid before, I ain't any good at talking to people about their problems. At least, not unless you want me to mess up so you can laugh at me.

"And I know you guys laugh at me," he said, sounding very serious. Too bad the effect was ruined by his grin. Taking a look at his watch, Justinian grunted in suprise.

"Well, I'll talk to you later, and I mean it this time. Gotta go pick up Fran from school. Perhaps I'll drop by sometime, eh? I'll bring Fran and make a night of it or something."