PDA

View Full Version : Is the X-Men Roleplay still in existence?

Zeke
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:39:00 PM
I haven't seen any threads for it lately, so I thought I'd ask.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:40:47 PM
The potential for the X-Men roleplay still exists, I think. I had a hard time sticking with my roleplays, and getting a good feel for my character. Don't really have time to resurrect her.

I don't know about anyone else. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:42:11 PM
I agree with pretty much everything LD said. There's no reason why people can't carry on with the scenario, though, if there's still interest.

Zeke
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:45:56 PM
Well...I have interest. In fact, I have no less than 3 interests, if we're counting character ideas. ^_^;

Megaera
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:50:10 PM
I really do miss playing Tempest sometimes, she was going to be so fun. I'm not inspired enough to do anything new with her right now though. I liked the threads she was already in. |I

Oh well.. :p

Sanis Prent
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:50:42 PM
I'm still interested in doing stuff. I never really got off the ground so I'd really like to try again.

Zeke
Feb 23rd, 2008, 09:56:03 PM
Okay. Well, if I can find the right images for characters I'll register one or two and see what happens with them in open threads. :)

Razielle Alastor
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:00:38 PM
I'm still interested in doing stuff. I never really got off the ground so I'd really like to try again.

YAY! :D

oh stop it.. ok fine.

Tempest and Spectre can still live. Just lemme know what you want to do. :)

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:30:57 PM
Anytime anyone wants to do a thread, I'm more than up for it with Tess. Or Urchin.

Vince
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:34:49 PM
I'd be up for it, but I warn ya, I'm not all that good with X-Men lore and all that. I used to read the comics when I was a kid, but that kinda stopped when I discovered the wonders of the Live Action Ninja Turtles movies:ninja:sam

Sudoku
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:45:31 PM
Ever has sort of grown and morphed into something all together different (IE Steampunk Desert dwelling AWESOMENESS), but I'd be willing to make a new character. :)

Zeke
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:49:52 PM
Okay. Let me pick a character idea to put into place and I'll make a thread that any of you crazies can join in on.

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 23rd, 2008, 10:54:02 PM
Wicked sweet.

Flux
Feb 24th, 2008, 12:04:38 AM
I made origin thread. It am here: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=17711

Join in however you like. Attack him, defend him, recruit him, hit on him..whatever suits your fancy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 24th, 2008, 02:06:21 AM
If you join the X-men user group you'll have access to its themed post icons. :)

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 24th, 2008, 02:11:37 AM
W00T! Themed post icons!

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:35:33 AM
I'd be up for it, but I warn ya, I'm not all that good with X-Men lore and all that. I used to read the comics when I was a kid, but that kinda stopped when I discovered the wonders of the Live Action Ninja Turtles movies:ninja:sam

You're in luck - we're not using the original X-Men lore. We made up our own, that doesn't really feature any of the comic characters, and renamed the scenario Mutants, Unite!

Check it out: http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Mutants%2C_Unite

Flux
Feb 24th, 2008, 12:05:48 PM
So that's how you get the themed icons. Will do.

Danni Reyok
Feb 24th, 2008, 12:59:07 PM
Well you nutzo's!!! You decide to bring this up while I was in Minnesota... :D

...I've been severely wanting to continue with my character(s) Foremost, Anja and then Jessa.

I am so up for this!

Sanis Prent
Feb 24th, 2008, 01:31:44 PM
So....would this almost be an X-Men reset? Because Neutron never got out of the mountain lol.

Molly Black
Feb 24th, 2008, 01:51:39 PM
^ that sucks. |I

Droo
Feb 24th, 2008, 01:56:35 PM
I'd be up for a reset of sorts, since the first attempt was pretty poor and neither of my characters got off the ground.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 24th, 2008, 01:57:12 PM
Yeah I wasn't feeling ethan, but I'll give it a go again. Poke me where you need him.

Danni Reyok
Feb 24th, 2008, 05:23:23 PM
So...a reset then?

Banner Laverick
Feb 24th, 2008, 07:36:34 PM
Not a reset, just a new semester maybe? :) A new class of mutants to attend the school (like a different "team" thing.)

Gharhda the Hutt
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:09:48 PM
So...a reset then?

Yeah, is that it, or...

Are we gonna do a semester thing?

Razielle Alastor
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:16:07 PM
Ooooh, I like bringing back Tempest, but more trained up like! :D

Salem Ave
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:18:47 PM
I might be tempted to bring back a character or two, depending on how things progress.

Kale
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:21:49 PM
I don't think there's any need for a reset - just a fresh start with a new season.

I'm definitely up for more action, and I'd love to pick up on the Brotherhood storyline we were working on with building a presence in the Savage Lands, uncovering Nuwali artifacts, and corrupting Tess to use as a mole in the X-Mansion.

I think we could easily continue A Place to Call Home (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16415) - I think Spectre was up next, but since it's a freeform conversation, anyone but Tess could probably pick it up. As for The Genie in the Bottle (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15648), we were waiting on the X-Men to blast their way into the containment warehouse for radioactive fisticuffs. I'm not sure whether it's feasible to resurrect that thread, since that's a lot of RPers to wrangle, but I'm up for it. Otherwise, we could just say the Brotherhood escaped with Neutron in tow and pick up from there.

If we're going to do this, the X-Men teachers really need to be more active. I did a few threads with Dragon (a few of which I unfortunately never finished), and Charley started one with Henri which no one posted to. Other than that, the Institute's been kinda moribund. :(

I had a few ideas for action at the Institute. One was to have Zero (http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Zero) infiltrate the place, get discovered, and get in a big brawl with the X-Men. Tess and Carlos were doing a thread where they were going to stumble into the Sub-Basement and discover the Danger Room. Whether or not they continue that particular thread, I definitely want to jumpstart the idea of introducing the older students to the more secretive aspects of the Institute and start breaking them into proper X-Men training.

Eager to discuss ideas over IM! AIM me at RIS Sparverius.

Sanis Prent
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:27:35 PM
I'm keen on a "one year later" sort of skip-forward

Neutron
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:29:23 PM
Aslan Sagidev, aka "Neutron"
Allegiance: Brotherhood of Mutants
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 175 lbs
Nationality: Chechen

Powers: Generates massive amounts of nuclear radiation through his forearms and hands. Can power equipment with nuclear energy, including custom energy weapons designed to be fueled by his power. Can contaminate anything he touches with his bare hands. Is otherwise immune to ill effect from radiation.

Weaknesses: Radiological effects cannot be controlled. Forearms must either be shrouded by thick, shielded gloves, or encased in a shielded environment at all times. His radioactivity will persist for millions of years, even after he is dead. If he is "cured" of his mutant resistance to radiation, he will die horribly within hours from radiation poisoning that persists regardless of his mutant status.

Bio:

A member of the Islamist insurgency in Chechnya, Aslan worked alongside such terrorists as the late Shamil Basayev to fight Russian occupation of Chechnya. He was personally responsible for seventeen bombings and assassinations in the capital of Grozny alone.

In November 2005, he led a team of sleeper agents on an armed hijacking of a Russian nuclear submarine, the Archangel. Attempting to extract fuel rods from the submarine to be used as a potential source for a radiological bomb, Sagidev inadvertently triggered a meltdown in the submarine's reactor. Holding a partially exposed fuel rod, his hands and forearms received terrible burns from the superheated fissable material, and he barely escaped from the Archangel before it exploded. His compatriots also escaped, but died within days from horrible burns and cancerous tumors.

It wasn't long before Sagidev realized the full extent of his curse. Everyone he touched died. Everything he laid his hands on was contaminated for millenia. The burns on his hands healed, but he still radiated his terrible energy stronger than ever. He cursed Allah's name for his cruelty, and roamed Grozny in desolation, until he crossed paths with another powerful mutant named Saladin.

Now, he had a new cause to fight for.

Veritas
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:33:21 PM
Henri Bertrand - "Veritas"
Allegiance: X-Men
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black with grey
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 170 lbs
Nationality: French

Powers: Generates a powerful psionic field, also known as a Theta field or "Truth Bubble". The Theta field interacts with nearby sentient neurologies so that lying to a question produces an extremely painful neural resonance. A lie given under the effect of a heavy Theta field could even result in death.

Weaknesses: Is also susceptible to the Theta field's effects while generating it. In addition to anyone interrogated within the truth bubble, Henri is equally compelled to speak the truth. Walks with the assistance of a cane, due to a previous injury.

Bio: An inspector by trade, Henri proved to have a knack for cracking the toughest cases in Marseille. He quickly moved up the ranks in the police forces along France's Riviera provinces, eventually becoming Inspector General of Marseille itself before suffering a career-ending knee injury from a Basque separist bombing attack in Toulouse. Taking an early retirement, Henri spoke little of his long-held talent, and quietly emigrated to America for a teaching position at a special academy in New York.

Carlos Calaveras
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:34:23 PM
I definitely want to jumpstart the idea of introducing the older students to the more secretive aspects of the Institute and start breaking them into proper X-Men training.

Reporting for duty :cool

Jacinda Blake
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:36:11 PM
-zooms in all dramatic like?-

Hello hot stuff. :p

Saladin
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:36:17 PM
Perhaps we could use a fresh roll call to see who all intends to be active?

Name: Hektor Vespasian, aka Saladin
Powers: Tractor beams of doom

Name: John Rhee, aka Dragon
Allegiance: X-Men (teacher at Cullen's)
Powers: Psychic-enhanced martial arts

Name: Colonel Gideon Vasher
Allegiance: Vanguard (anti-mutant defense program)
Powers: Being a total SOB

Name: Zero
Allegiance: Vanguard
Powers: Cybernetic ninja skills

And, against all reason, I'm considering adding a student to the mix.

Ethan Daniels
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:36:21 PM
One year later sounds good :)

Headmaster Daniels, reporting!

Ethan Daniels/Ion
Headmaster and leader of the X-men
Electrical generator and maniplution

Carlos Calaveras
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:40:46 PM
Perhaps we could use a fresh roll call to see who all intends to be active?

Good thinking.

Name: Carlos Calaveras
Allegiance: X-Men (student at Cullen's)
Powers: Pyrokinesis, bad-luck aura

Think I will relegate Francoise to some kind of coma-state. Her powers have become too much for her, so she's being kept somewhere inside the mansion, like a time-bomb waiting to go off :D ... perhaps fodder for some future plot.

Void is... AWOL. I might bring in another Brotherhood mutant to replace him.

Flux
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:42:57 PM
Name Felix Franklin Fletcher
Allegiance None
Powers Magnetism

Droo
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:47:28 PM
Okay, if this goes ahead, I'll have Pan be a teacher for certain this time, that should help out a bit. I'm not entirely sure what he could teach yet, but whatever it is, I'll assume he knuckled down on his studies the year previous.

Ghost will be a student.

Saladin
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:54:36 PM
Continuing with some brainstorming - since it's 2008, we ought to be in an election year IC. No real-life candidates, of course, but it can provide a nice bit of background color. You'll have one candidate in favor of strong regulations like the Mutant Registration Act and other security legislation, another candidate taking a more moderate approach but getting pressured by the constituency, plenty of political bile flying around about the rise of genetic terrorism.

I plan to start a thread with a news report to help set the stage. Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in actually playing a presidential candidate?

Jacinda Blake
Feb 24th, 2008, 08:59:01 PM
Droo... I demand we plot.

Demand! :o

:D

Carlos Calaveras
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:02:35 PM
Continuing with some brainstorming - since it's 2008, we ought to be in an election year IC.

I don't want to over-commit, but I hope that someone else plays a candidate because I love this angle to the story.

Pan
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:03:20 PM
Name: Duncan McLaverty, aka Pan
Allegiance: X-Men(Teacher)
Mutation: His skin heals others. He is, more or less, a faun.

Name: Chris Wilde, aka Ghost
Allegiance: X-Men(Student)
Mutation: Can become... a ghost(sort of).

Banner Laverick
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:13:05 PM
I love how everyone is dusting off their old characters for this. :)

Banner Laverick
Powers: Flight, Super human strength

I have a few days off, so I'll try to get a post up. (Am thinking of ideas I can do on my own too).

Neutron
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:14:56 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17714

whoops my thread

Ash Addams
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:28:32 PM
New student...

Name: Ash "Fade" Addams
Allegiance: X-Men (student)
Powers: Decays/disintegrates anything he touches

John Anthony
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:39:04 PM
New Student, again...

Name: John "Grav" Anthony
Allegiance: X-men (student)
Power: Controlling gravitational pulls within 1 mile of himself, and being able to effect himself with it or not.

Karl Valten
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:07:30 PM
Continuing with some brainstorming - since it's 2008, we ought to be in an election year IC. No real-life candidates, of course, but it can provide a nice bit of background color. You'll have one candidate in favor of strong regulations like the Mutant Registration Act and other security legislation, another candidate taking a more moderate approach but getting pressured by the constituency, plenty of political bile flying around about the rise of genetic terrorism.

I plan to start a thread with a news report to help set the stage. Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in actually playing a presidential candidate?

I say the brotherhood mind control one of the presidential candidates.

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:10:42 PM
Justinian Janvrin: Dunno what sorta role he'll play.
Powers: Telepath and telekinetic

Little Sister Frances will develop the ability to discorporate, aka walking through walls and such. AKA Phantasm.

Got some ideas to get them to the School, but waiting for things to play out.

Andrew Crest
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:14:03 PM
Name: Andrew Crest, aka, "Slug"
Allegiance: The Haven
Power: Kinetic manipulation of inanimate objects he can touch

Name: Michael Lawstone
Power: Matter-energy transmutation and storage

I have a good mind to get the Haven running again. Anyone interested in that merry band?

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:17:18 PM
Er. What is the Haven?

Karl Valten
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:23:24 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16149&highlight=Haven

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 24th, 2008, 11:38:07 PM
Actually Haven might be better, since Justinian is all about laying low. I'm playing with a plot line about his sister's powers breaking out and they needing somewhere to lay low and find someone to help her get control over her skills.

Karl Valten
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:02:27 AM
Send me a PM if you start a thread that could use the Haven. I've got midterms this week so I'm a bit limited on time for the next few days.

Maxine Flannery
Feb 25th, 2008, 07:49:01 AM
I had the same problem starting out, but I'll give it another shot. Besides, Ethan needs me. :glomp

Maxine "Max" Flannery - Prodigy
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 114 lbs.
Nationality: American
Powers: Duplication/Mechanical Intuition

I'll muck with my Bio laterz :mneh

She can always be found fidgeting in the Danger Room, and making sure the Blackbird is shiny and pretty, and wandering the halls, and just about anywhere else. Duplication is such fun. :D :D :D

Flux
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:07:38 AM
It's an epidemic, and it's my fault! :D *proud*

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:03:50 AM
I say the brotherhood mind control one of the presidential candidates.

Sounds like a job for Spectre.

Jacinda Blake
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:20:53 AM
Tee hee, I thought so too. She'd love to follow some poor soul around and play puppet with him for a while.

Jake Flannery
Feb 25th, 2008, 11:16:09 AM
Name: Jake Flannery
Allegiance: X-men (Gardener)
Power: None he is normal

Bio: Cousin to Maxine Flannery and totally obsesed with wanting to be a mutant himself. Also he saw tempest on TV once and was smiten. He is currently a gardener on the acadamy grounds even though he is the same age as most of the students there.

Carlos Calaveras
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:28:19 PM
Poor Jake... :lol

Jacinda Blake
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:36:20 PM
Awwww.. :(

he saw the prom-queen destroyer on tv! woo!

Anja Drake
Feb 25th, 2008, 04:18:18 PM
Name: Anja "Death Angel" Drake
Allegiance: X-men (student)/ Wanderer
Power: Transformation into Angelo di morte and 'sense'

http://swfans.pbwiki.com/Death+Angel - that's pretty much the gist of Anja's power....with some minor altercations.

Lazarus
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:02:22 PM
Name: Malachi "Lazarus" Rayner
Allegiance: Brotherhood
Power: Resurrection. Injuries and illnesses healed at point of resurrection - no healing abilities before that.

Pagan
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:07:58 PM
Name: Jason "Pagan" Heller
Allegiance: None at the moment
Power: "Imaginary Friends" - Better explained in the link. http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showpost.php?p=235012&postcount=172

Batdude
Feb 25th, 2008, 10:44:26 PM
"Batdude" aka Marty Finklestein
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 145 lbs
Nationality: American
Powers: Flight, echolocation (fantastic hearing), advanced sense of smell, fast reflexes, radar-absorbing skin, Kung Fu novice, and gadget afficionado.
Weaknesses: Extreme myopia (poor eyesight), nocturnal narcolepsy, socially inept, smokes a lot of weed incidentally

Bio:
Up until a year ago, Marty was a Stop N' Shop clerk in Camden New Jersey. Bored with his job, he spent his free time immersed in video games, comic books, roleplaying, and other nerdly hobbies. Soon, he began changing rapidly, to his shock and bewilderment. Taking on bat-like qualities, Marty took it as a blessing, and quickly began to plan a new career as a superhero. Fearing a copyright lawsuit from angry comic book writers, he decided against donning the namesake of Batman, and became the Batdude instead. Lacking Bruce Wayne's multi-million dollar toys, Marty soon built himself a "suit" with some spandex and a few skateboarding pads. He added a utility belt, filled with mail-order throwing stars, an iPod, GPS, and other devices of questionable use. Perhaps in spite of his efforts, he was taken into the X-Men school of the gifted, possibly to make sure that he neither hurt himself or others with his new talent and superheroic aspirations.

Now, he is trying to temper his geekish aspirations with a more level-headed pragmatism of how to come to terms with his power.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 26th, 2008, 02:18:21 AM
please feel free to add/update your characters into the Mutants, Unite wiki... http://www.sw-fans.net/wiki/index.php?title=Mutants%2C_Unite

There are hardly any characters with pages here.

Justinian Janvrin
Feb 26th, 2008, 04:13:05 PM
Alright, I kinda jumped the gun a bit, but I'm thinking that even though Justinian kept himself out of the Haven or the institute, that he might know some people at either place who could serve as "contacts" for him. Any takers?

Flux
Feb 26th, 2008, 06:34:10 PM
I'm totally voting for a female volunteer. >.>