PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube reccomendations

Denarr Sepphist
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:56:23 PM
We brought a Gamecube to be able to play Naruto: Clash of the Ninja II; and I know that most games were a miss with this console.

However, I figure that if there's any half decent/half enjoyable games out there that someone may know about, bring it up! We've already got the system, and I'd rather use it for more than one game.

Crusader
Feb 22nd, 2008, 02:50:19 PM
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is a remake of MGS1 with updated technology and some pretty hot cinematics. If you haven't played any MGS games yet you might want to pick it up.
MGS games are like 10 hour motion pictures: The only difference is that you get to do all the cool action stuff yourself.

Zeke
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:16:42 PM
Super Smash Bros. Melee--Even with Brawl coming out this year, Melee is STILL going to get a ton of playtime. It's simply that good.

Mario Kart: Double Dash!!--The best racing game ever. With 2 characters per kart, you can now play it cooperatively with your friends who don't like to compete much.

Ultimate Spider-Man--I'm a total junkie, but even so, this is an elegant and finely-crafted Spider-Man experience.

Tales of Symphonia--Plot is nutty, but the game mechanics and characters make up for it. Plus, this is the only game in which I can say this during combat sequences: "I will smack you in the face with my four-foot Genis."

Crazy Taxi--Fun driving game with a fairly simple concept. You'll get addicted to it as you try to build that fare ever-higher.

More to come as I think of them.

Sudoku
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:46:58 PM
Smash Brothers, Mario Kart and Mario Party are all good multi-player games. I hate the voice acting in ToS, so I cant recommend it. Animal Crossing is fun, if you like that sort of game.

Slayn Cloak
Feb 22nd, 2008, 06:48:57 PM
Outside of that you're basically out of luck.

Matier
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:24:10 PM
Resident.... evil...! ^_^ All of them. Yes, yes.

Xanatos Etanial
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:00:38 PM
Tales of Symphonia--Plot is nutty, but the game mechanics and characters make up for it. Plus, this is the only game in which I can say this during combat sequences: "I will smack you in the face with my four-foot Genis."

I second this. It's my favorite RPG, it's also one of the few RPGs that has a multi-player function.

Peter McCoy
Mar 2nd, 2008, 06:44:58 AM
I'll second Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - it's got to be one of the best action games I've ever played. Great gameplay and a cool story with killer cutscenes and awesome characters. The blend of military-heavy material and somewhat superhuman abilities of the characters really works great. While I still enjoy them, the sequels have left me dissatisfied. But this remake is basically a bigger better version of the original from the Playstation and it's uber so get it :)

Metroid Prime has to go onto that list. Again, another great action/adventure game that comes from an already established and great series. It looks great, it plays great. The upgrades you aquire throughout the game are so cool, and the various areas are really interesting and different.

I would also add Metroid Prime: Echoes since I have it, but I haven't actually played it yet, so I'll get back to you on that one :-P

Resident Evil series - if you like survival horror then there really is no question here - The first three, as well as Code Veronica were ported, but the original got a gorgeous makeover in the process that looks ten times better and ten times scarier (the lightning in the main hall at the start gave me goosebumps), as well as some extra puzzles and the new Crimson Head Zombies that can run! Also Resident Evil: Zero which is a prequel to the lot and exclusive to the Gamecube - and not to mention Resident Evil 4 which is easily my favourite merely due to it's location (creepy undisclosed european village and surrounding woods/castle etc.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - if you like RPG's then give this one a try. I'll admit not everyone will like it for the cell-shaded graphics, but I thought it was absolutely charming and soooooo much fun. Some of the characters are hilarious and the overall situation of the 'world' you're in has a cool revelation around about the time you get the Master Sword. I had so much fun sailing the huge ocean looking for every last bit of treasure.

Star Wars: Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron 2 - as far as looks go, this is the best Star Wars space shooter I'm aware of. The main stuff is in there - Battle of Yavin, Battle of Hoth, Battle of Endor, a trip to Bespin, Tatooine is the training level. You can fly X-Wings, Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings, Z-95's, TIE's, TIE Interceptors, TIE Defenders (I think), even the Falcon and Slave One! It's so much fun with lasers zapping past you as you soar through space to the awesome music.