PDA

View Full Version : We need a 'Parents' forum....

Tri'ahna Zylary
Feb 18th, 2008, 10:47:42 AM
At least I'd love to have one around. There are plenty of us around this forum (I believe) so it would make some sense.... or not?

Anyone agree? Disagree?

I'd be willing to add another forum to the Nar Shaddaa subforum and call it "The Creche" or some such thing.... it'd only be OOC of course.:D

Solani Naleen
Feb 18th, 2008, 11:07:51 AM
I'd be game for a 'Parents' forum.

Kraehe Branwen
Feb 18th, 2008, 11:10:11 AM
I agree. There are times that I need a more veteran parent's point of view on something lol. Or I just need to vent with another parent. Plus I'm a stay at home mom and need to know if there are other stay at home moms around that feel my pain of severe goddang boredom!!! >.< I used to post at a board meant for mothers but they were.... weird... and I didn't fit in. LOL I feel if we had a forum here it'd be more comfortable because we all like Star Wars, we all roleplay, and we're all parents! ^_^

Razielle Alastor
Feb 18th, 2008, 11:14:09 AM
I love it! Awesome idea! :hug

Tri'ahna Zylary
Feb 18th, 2008, 11:22:45 AM
Seems like this is a good idea after all...? Shall I go ahead and ask our esteemed board admin to add another forum then....?

I was a member of such a forum, too, and I always found that either I was a really strange parent or that they were all extremely "grown-up"... :p

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 18th, 2008, 11:27:42 AM
You could always discuss parenting issues in this forum, being that it's the catch-all discussion area. We could probably add a topic tag especially for such things :)

Wampo Groba
Feb 18th, 2008, 01:50:04 PM
Yeah I know we could... but I dunno.... I kinda like the idea of having a separate place to do that.... similarly like there's a forum for collecting things, this should be something of a similar kind. Not like the two have anything in common, but... well.... it's difficult to explain

Khendon Sevon
Feb 18th, 2008, 01:58:18 PM

Can we have a forum for relationship issues?

How about politics?

How about technology?

I think a topic tag would be fine for "parentage." There's no real need to create a special forum. That's why this forum is here.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 18th, 2008, 02:04:11 PM
I tend to agree with Khendon and Dasq - We can easily have a topic tag made since this forum is to talk about everything not related to Music/Movies etc. Star Wars and RP stuff

Tri'ahna Zylary
Feb 18th, 2008, 03:41:59 PM
The thing is.... yes, we could do that. But there are quite a bunch of us and I haven't seen an abundance of posts about parenting on here, in spite of what some of the people I've talked to (and some who have posted already in this thread) have said about wishing they had some place to talk about things.

Hence my suggestion.

Molly Black
Feb 18th, 2008, 03:53:39 PM
I'm fine with a topic tag. :)

Kraehe Branwen
Feb 18th, 2008, 04:11:04 PM
I feel that perhaps parent topics might get lost in this forum or risk getting spammed by those that aren't parents.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 18th, 2008, 04:15:16 PM
I feel that perhaps parent topics might get lost in this forum or risk getting spammed by those that aren't parents.Why do you feel this way? Topic tags are almost always used correctly.

Cat X
Feb 18th, 2008, 04:26:18 PM
I feel that perhaps parent topics might get lost in this forum or risk getting spammed by those that aren't parents.

a) I want a forum for racing and frying panning.

b) How can anything get lost in this forum? There's only at most a handful of new threads a month.

c) How about just have one thread and just keep it going?

d) I'm sure that if Parenting is declared No spam, who's going to spam? Plus, singles dont want to know about your children and frankly I'd stay as far away as I can get from rug rat discussion. I thnk your quite safe from posters who dont have children spamming.

Kraehe Branwen
Feb 18th, 2008, 04:37:10 PM
I feel that perhaps parent topics might get lost in this forum or risk getting spammed by those that aren't parents.Why do you feel this way? Topic tags are almost always used correctly.

Well I've seen this road on another board I've been to. They didn't have topic tags, though. But they did create a parenting thread and it got spammed to death and it got so out of control that it just got deleted. Plus there were too many parents in one thread so a lot of questions got overlooked or not talked about enough.

Cat X
Feb 18th, 2008, 06:13:42 PM

Well I've seen this road on another board I've been to. They didn't have topic tags, though. But they did create a parenting thread and it got spammed to death and it got so out of control that it just got deleted. Plus there were too many parents in one thread so a lot of questions got overlooked or not talked about enough.

This board != other boards. If we're told not to spam, we dont.

Droo
Feb 18th, 2008, 06:39:20 PM
SWFans Creche. Now I know we've grown up.

I also think a topic tag would be sufficient, really. If it got to a point by which the entire General Discussion forum's first page was taken up by [BABY] tags, then I think a forum would be useful.

Wyl Staedtler
Feb 18th, 2008, 10:38:24 PM
As a mum I love the idea of sharing stories (cute and horror), asking advice, or just having a brief shout about the absurd level of difficulty that comes with kids, but I'm also in agreement that a tag would be enough.

A lot of what we'd discuss could be put into mass threads anyway; 'Help!', 'You'll Never Guess What Mikey Did Today', 'Kids Say The Darndest Things', etc.

Crystal
Feb 19th, 2008, 12:19:30 AM
If enough people want it, sure, a topic tag but from what I've seen there's not nearly enough parent talk to actually add a whole forum for it.

stevenvdb
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:08:27 AM
As a young stay at home dad, I like the idea of at least a 'family' or 'parenting' topic tag. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 19th, 2008, 07:48:01 AM
For now a topic tag would probably suffice. And whenever the general discussion forum starts getting overcrowded with parent threads, we can make a new subforum, somewhat like how SA did with the firing range, ask/tell, goon doctor, etcetera :)

Give me 45 minutes and I'll have a tag for all you proud parents :D

edit - how's this?

Kvettch
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:43:56 AM
That'll be excellent... thank you :)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:29:13 AM
Nice work, sIl :)

Kraehe Branwen
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:52:11 AM
Its cute. Looks like kids writing. lol CRAYONS!!! *scribble* ^_^ In other words, perfect.

Ilias Nytrau
Feb 19th, 2008, 11:01:37 AM
Awesome, s'il. :) Yes, very cute.

Cat X
Feb 19th, 2008, 07:43:26 PM
You need to add a vomit splat mark

Razielle Alastor
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:49:02 PM
Awww cute! :D

TheHolo.Net
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:55:52 PM
The icon has been added to the Mixed Topic Tags set.

Droo
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:11:08 PM
Surely that's the Rugrats font? Perfect choice! :thumbup

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:02:52 PM
It's the Calvin and Hobbes font :D Much thanks, and ya'll are very welcome :)

Zem-El Vymes
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:19:48 PM
We need a "Retirement" tag, or at least this is what we will need in a few years.