PDA

View Full Version : America's Next Top Model

Karl Valten
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:28:17 AM
Usually I wouldn't even dare to think bring a show up like this (They annoy the god-awful living daylight out of me).

But for the next cycle, my cousinAllison is going to be taking part in the show. Don't know how well she'll do, but what the heck. Good for her to get on National TV, even if I don't really care for this kind of stuff.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/americas-next-top-model10-allison

Pierce Tondry
Feb 14th, 2008, 12:56:49 PM
I loathe the very existence of that show.

But family getting publicity is always cool. I wish her luck.

Kraehe Branwen
Feb 14th, 2008, 03:52:53 PM
They need to bring back more plus size models!! :P But I still wish your cousin luck.

Cat X
Feb 14th, 2008, 04:43:41 PM
I dont wish anyone luck in that, I'd rather they exited the program quickly. Please someone - ANYONE - nuke executives that come up with this rubbish TV from orbit.

I HATE being inflicted with this trash at the gym. At least I know why portable DVD players were invented now

Yog
Feb 14th, 2008, 05:37:28 PM
Not my favorite show.. (to put it polite) :p

But I wish her luck regardless!

Sudoku
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:57:50 PM
I watch this show just to see the girls be MEAN to one another...:uhoh I hope your cousin did well and enjoyed it :)

Yuri Thrice
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:00:31 AM
Hmmm, with other chicks being mean to her, and having to deal with Tyra Banks..... *dodges flying cell phone*

But, the publicity alone is awesomeness. :)

Aretsuya
Feb 17th, 2008, 01:43:38 AM
I still never got what's wrong with that show. I kinda like it.

Pierce Tondry
Feb 18th, 2008, 02:29:38 PM
I just don't like the notion that people get on tv, or get publicity, for no real reason other than because they are models. Modeling really seems like a cotton candy fluff career - empty calories and no substance - and a tv show based on it flatly does not appeal at all.

But then, I don't like most "reality" tv for similar reasons.

Crystal
Feb 19th, 2008, 12:30:31 AM
I hate reality TV but when I catch this one on, I'll watch the photo shoots and ignore the rest of the show. That part is intresting enough usually.

Good luck to your cousin.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 20th, 2008, 04:26:33 PM
Heh, I auditioned for like season 2 of ANTM. Maybe it was season 1. Who knows. I did it on a lark and didn't get called back - probably because I don't really buy into the whole MODELS MODELS MODELS omg I love them and want to BE them! mentality that I think they were looking for. Plus I was probably too fat! :p

But congrats and good luck to your cousin! How exciting for her! Regardless of what people may say about the whole reality tv aspect of the show its a great opportunity for an unknown to break into modeling and she should make the most of it. Good for her, I say!

Kraehe Branwen
Feb 20th, 2008, 04:30:33 PM
If not for my stretch marks I'd audition to get some plus size models back in there. They had one once. These models are way too damn skinny!