PDA

View Full Version : STAR WARS back in Theaters August 15th!

JMK
Feb 12th, 2008, 06:37:35 PM
http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc.

Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

"I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories left to tell," said George Lucas, executive producer of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

The theatrical debut of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is only the beginning of all-new Star Wars adventures that continue in the fall when the long-awaited television series premieres on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT. Details regarding international broadcasts will be announced shortly. Star Wars: The Clone Wars showcases an entirely new look and feel to the galaxy far, far away -- combining the expansive scope of the Star Wars Saga with state-of-the-art computer-generated animation. Each week, viewers will see a thrilling, 30-minute "mini-movie" created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.

:crack

JMK
Feb 12th, 2008, 06:46:29 PM
After watching the first of the behind the scenes videos, it sounds a lot like Lucas is using this opportunity to show what he did (or could) not do; namely getting in to character development, and specifically showing more of Anakin's great skills, that I think were sorely lacking through the prequels.

Hey, more SW on the big screen. I'll take it! :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 12th, 2008, 08:22:21 PM
Hey I will go watch it too. I am curious what it will be like.

Rutabaga
Feb 12th, 2008, 08:31:01 PM
I just read the email I received from the official site announcing this...it's an absolute no-brainer that I will be there to watch it opening weekend. :)

Ndinn 'Flysucker'
Feb 13th, 2008, 02:38:37 AM
It would be sweet if they included some EU characters in it.....

I always wanted to see Hal Horn and Nejaa Halcyon in action....

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 13th, 2008, 06:13:16 AM
Awesome.

Heh, and Lucas still keeps to the 3 years between movies thing. :p

JMK
Feb 13th, 2008, 06:40:18 AM
Yeah, but this one was almost completely out of the blue. Sure it isn't going to be the same level of blockbuster as the Episodes 1-6, but I can see this making 200-225 million, same as any other popular animated film.

Yog
Feb 13th, 2008, 11:57:03 AM
So what happened to "TV productions and small feature films ONLY"? :lol

Trailer here!
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

Darth McBain
Feb 13th, 2008, 02:44:28 PM
Awesome - I'm so there!!! I only wish my son and daughter were old enough for me to take - there may not be many more opportunities for me to take them to a SW premiere of sorts...

JMK
Feb 13th, 2008, 05:25:40 PM
Awesome - I'm so there!!! I only wish my son and daughter were old enough for me to take - there may not be many more opportunities for me to take them to a SW premiere of sorts...

Yes there will. There will be more re-releases for sure. 2027 - rerelease of ANH - 50th anniversary...

Solani Naleen
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:39:10 AM
I'll probably be there with at least one kid, possibly two if I can't get a babysitter.

Cameo Stenislav
Feb 14th, 2008, 10:48:10 AM
Wow! That's something I will most certainly be going to see! Or, at least, wait for the DVD release....:lol

Jedieb
Feb 15th, 2008, 12:43:52 PM
The boy and I will be there opening night. There may even be a midnight madness on July 26th. I never took him to any of the ones for the prequels because he was too young, but I may take him to this one. It'll be in the summer and he'll be just the right age. He's also old enough for a midnight showing on the 14th/15th, so we'll both be in line that night. I just don't know if Lucasfilm and WB will give it that big of a push.

And how sad will it be not to see the Fox logo open the show? :(

JMK
Feb 15th, 2008, 05:04:14 PM
I also thought of that. It's going to be a change on the big screen for sure.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 16th, 2008, 07:46:27 AM
Ack that means no fanfare either??? The 20th Century Fox opening fanfare has been a staple of Star Wars!! :cry

Yuri Thrice
Feb 16th, 2008, 08:54:11 AM
Holy crap! I didn't notice that! This is an outrage and a travesty! Open fire! :shootin

Destroy them! :duel

Whack them with....crap, sticks!? :twak

But in all seriousness, that will....mayhap not ruin the experience, but it would be a define change that may alter said viewing experience. The fanfare just seemed to fit in so nicely with the whole opening, for all the movies. One of Lucas' non-bungling moments of absolute, baskable glory.